Paul Pogba | Back in full training

Terminator

4th? We will go into freefall over the next 2 months IMO. 6-7th at best.

King Andow

2 injuries and our midfield is at a relegation battle level, who would've thought?

TRUERED89

Pretty clear McT doesn’t want to play for us anymore. First a knock, then a few weeks, now a few months. Sick of the circus around him. GET OUT OF MY CLUB!!111 Bet he celebrated New Year last night too.
Except, McT doesn't have a big mouth agent, and McT has never once uttered that he "wants a new challenge", and playing for a certain manager would be "a dream". Something very untoward about this latest Pogba debacle.

Withnail

Pretty clear McT doesn’t want to play for us anymore. First a knock, then a few weeks, now a few months. Sick of the circus around him. GET OUT OF MY CLUB!!111 Bet he celebrated New Year last night too.
It's all very vague. The timing is suspicious too. He's probably cooking up a move elsewhere and who'd blame him.

He needs to come out and officially commit his future to the club and end all this speculation.

cruseofried

If our board and management are in any way alert, we'll be at DEFCON 1 after the Wolves game if not there in mind already.

TRUERED89

Half of the Caf knew this before the season started. Instead of buying a CM or a right winger we got a marginal upgrade on Smalling for 80 mil.
I haven't seen any upgrade thus far! What does Harry do better than Smalling ? Seems to be an average/shit passer just like Chris too. We coulda spent that £80m on midfield :confused:

jem

So that's Mctominay out for the season and Pogba out indefinitely. Great.

Ed has nowhere to hide now. Reinforcements are a necessity if we harbor any hopes of finishing in the top four.
True but given that he’s probably given zero thought to the idea, we’ll end up in rushed, panic mode and end up signing a striker. Oh and we’ll probably sell Matic because we need to get rid of the negative elements - in fact, that’s more important than bringing in a new players, unless it’s the ‘right’ player, in which case we’ll target him in the summer, because we must remember that this is a process, and these things take time...

Eric's Seagull

Looks like a top source says he must be wanting a move to Spurs. Only possible explanation for injury-spotted period.

Are you being serious seems like you're on a mad WUM. Don't think there is a chance he is wanting to go Spurs. How do you know that guy is. Although I don't Twitter never heard him mentioned before. What makes him a top source please?

DoomSlayer

These Twitter accounts are bigger Pogba fans than United.
They truly are, just like a lot of posters on the Caf these days. Pogba FC, Mourinho FC, Ronaldo FC, Messi FC, so many people are fans of everything or everyone but United, it's crazy.

redshaw

Are you being serious seems like you're on a mad WUM. Don't think there is a chance he is wanting to go Spurs. How do you know that guy is. Although I don't Twitter never heard him mentioned before. What makes him a top source please?
These are on a wind up. It's their way of making fun of people speculating on Pogba or attacking him.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I haven't seen any upgrade thus far! What does Harry do better than Smalling ? Seems to be an average/shit passer just like Chris too. We coulda spent that £80m on midfield :confused:
I insert "marginal" becasue i'm tired of arguing with some English posters on here. They see Maguire as one of the best CB in the world becasue you know he plays for England.

Bestietom

I'd rather us sign nobody than make bad signings. This season is going to be a write off IMO.
Most of the fans predicted this would happen if we had injuries to our midfield players. We are far too thin in this area when we need to play so many games.

Ban

Maybe, like Martial, he has seen Spurs training facilities and his head was turned.

Eric's Seagull

Most of the fans predicted this would happen if we had injuries to our midfield players. We are far too thin in this area when we need to play so many games.
Agree that most people could see this just wish that Woodwate could have seen it but I think he had do much faith in his own knowledge about football that we would be alright. Which clearly is not the case.

I understand the need not to just buy mediocrity as they could soon become deadwood but if the right players are not available now, I think we should get in a few loans to salvage the season while we still have a chance of qualifying for the Champions League.

sparx99

I assume you are sports medicine professionals, highly qualified to comment on how did his ligament injury occur.
I mean it was quite clearly an impact injury in those back to back tackles against Newcastle.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We made a huge mistake by not signing a midfielder last summer,cause losing Pogba and Mctominay for a significant chunk of time could really derail our season.We have to try to bring someone in this month,even if it’s only on loan until the end of the season...If we are stuck with Fred,Matic and pereira for the next 7-8 games,then our season could go into a tailspin....
We have Pogba, Fred & McTominay for two spots. The same goes with Chelsea as they only have Jorginho, Kante & Kovacic for two spots. Rather than calling it mistake, I’ll call it as unfortunate. If both James & Rashford got injured, what are you lot going to say? We made mistake for not signing another winger? If Shaw, Young & Williams got injured, what are you lot going to say? We made mistake for not signing a left back?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This could be good opportunity for Garner or even Mensah if Ole sees him as midfielder.

Yagami

Good post resistant
This could be good opportunity for Garner or even Mensah if Ole sees him as midfielder.
I'm probably alone in this but I'd much prefer to see Galbraith and Puigmal than Garner (or Levitt). Obviously, I'd rather we just got a good CM in, but we have to be realistic!

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Is it okay if I post this

Really detailed analysis of Scotts injury.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah, wouldn't surprise me to see Ole throw on TFM for 90mins after a year out, then see him out for another 6 months.

In all seriousness, Levitt and Garner now have opportunities surely. We cannot run Fred into the ground and Matic won't be able to cope with more than a game a week. But the market is open...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Fred now becomes absolutely critical.
Matic, Pereira or youth teamers the only support to him.

We're going to have to rotate tomorrow to prioritise Tuesday.

Drz

No midfield UTD. hard times, expect a lot of fake fans to come out of the woodworks.

manc4red

At first I wanted to say that we always have bad luck with injuries. However the truth is that around this team most teams struggle with injuries as well. Mancity even Liverpool are hit with lots of injuries.

This period of time due to a high number if games results in many injuries. So if it isnt being unlucky, then it is really our recruitment issue that is the problem. We know that players will go down, we need to ensure we have adequate quality cover all around the pitch. Unfortunately we do not.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yeah, wouldn't surprise me to see Ole throw on TFM for 90mins after a year out, then see him out for another 6 months.

In all seriousness, Levitt and Garner now have opportunities surely. We cannot run Fred into the ground and Matic won't be able to cope with more than a game a week. But the market is open...
The market is not really open though, who's available in the market? I think we need to actually make a choice here, make big gamble by signing a player who potentially will offer the same quality as Matic right now as that's the only type of quality we can get for CM or DM in this window OR another big gamble but doesn't cost us money by having faith in TFM, Garner, Levitt to backup both Fred & Matic for the next 1 or 2 months until Pogba or McTominay back.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The market is not really open though, who's available in the market? I think we need to actually make a choice here, make big gamble by signing a player who potentially will offer the same quality as Matic right now as that's the only type of quality we can get for CM or DM in this window OR another big gamble but doesn't cost us money by having faith in TFM, Garner, Levitt for the next 1 or 2 months until Pogba or McTominay back.
We could look at the Portuguese league, the French league, the Dutch league, some of the Italian prospects (there are quite a few now), a bit of Eastern European mentality, we should of course be scouring the South American leagues for talent. In short, there are loads of potential avenues to explore if our "cultural reset" isn't just about buying British.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We could look at the Portuguese league, the French league, the Dutch league, some of the Italian prospects (there are quite a few now), a bit of Eastern European mentality, we should of course be scouring the South American leagues for talent. In short, there are loads of potential avenues to explore if our "cultural reset" isn't just about buying British.
Not sure where I said "buying British". List me the name then we can start discussing whether we should sign them or no. Because there is no point discussing it if there is no one available. The injury of Pogba & McTominay occurred now, no one would have predicted that both will be injured again at the same time which is probably why our scouts or management haven't prepare for this CM/DM option talent for this January windows.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Not sure where I said "buying British".
I didn't say you did. But I am assuming (which I think is fair - as that's generally been how things have worked out for clubs) that our scouting network is actively at work and has dossiers on many more players than just some handful of targets. We're not in an ideal situation. We probably cannot go out and buy an elite player. We can definitely go out and spend an elite-player-fee on a "good player". But we can also buy highly promising prospects or buy solid professional squad players from abroad. My point is that I can't believe that there aren't players out there we can actually attain without being a laughing stock in how we do business in the market. Ahem.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I didn't say you did. But I am assuming (which I think is fair - as that's generally been how things have worked out for clubs) that our scouting network is actively at work and has dossiers on many more players than just some handful of targets. We're not in an ideal situation. We probably cannot go out and buy an elite player. We can definitely go out and spend an elite-player-fee on a "good player". But we can also buy highly promising prospects or buy solid professional squad players from abroad. My point is that I can't believe that there aren't players out there we can actually attain without being a laughing stock in how we do business in the market. Ahem.
If it's true we were interested in Haland & Koulibally before, then they are example of non-british players. Our scout did spot Martial and he's not British.

List the name then we can continue the discussing. Otherwise, fair to say the market is not open for us to buy the right players.