Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Full bodied red

Do you mean like the time we begged Rooney to stay? Or what about the time we begged Ronaldo to stay after he said he wanted a new challenge? Was we arsenal then?

To compare Pogba with Rooney and Ronaldo is simply insulting Rooney ( our top goal scorer, ever ) and Ronaldo ( arguably one of footballs' GOATs ).

I doubt Pogba will ever figure in a best-of-all-time United Team whereas Rooney and Ronaldo will.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good thing this has nothing to do with the original point then but keep up the straw man if it makes you feel better.
No straw man, United's good form just wasn't a dead cats bounce as I think you called it?

Jinn

When all is said and done and in the years to come, Pogba will be but a footnote in the history of UTD. He won't be remembered fondly, he won't be held in high regard. Come to think of it, a player like Veron has more respect from fans like me than Pogba will ever have and I've been watching UTD for a very long time.

If he wants to go, then let him go. The building will still be there when he's gone.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
If that's the alternative I would rather he left.
Yep, if it's in the daily mail then it's definitely true.

This is exactly the kind of horseshit story that has turned everyone against him in the first place.
(To be clear, I'm well aware that he doesn't help himself sometimes also).

If our club is ever going to get back to where it belongs then our fans need to stop taking these bollocks stories as gospel and start researching the facts for themselves.

I'm well aware that it's silly season with rumours flying about everywhere but is no other Utd fan getting a bit suspicious of these constant rumours about our players demanding this, that and the other, without any actual evidence of it?
Im not saying its definitely not true by the way, I'm just raising the possibility that alot of this tripe is written by the media in order to stir things up at our club and if we constantly fall for it then I don't blame the players if they want to leave.

Alot of this has come from the Alexis Sanchez signing.
I admit that his signing has been an absolute disaster but the media go on as if he's the only player in the history of football to get a higher weekly wage because they signed on a free transfer.
Transfer fees are absolutely insane right now so at the time when Sanchez signed for us he was probably worth about £80 million, we got him for £0, the press never bother to mention this simple fact.
So, as I said, whilst I admit he's been a poor signing and that makes his wages seem even more extortionate, I just don't think it's this big catastrophic event that has caused every other player in the squad to start sulking the way the press (and sadly most of our fans because of it) go on.
Surely the players themselves can understand the simple mathematics of a free transfer.

Don't let these idiot anti-Utd journalists try to undermine this beautiful football club, we're better and bigger than that, aren't we?

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
Best post in 113 pages! He has potential to be a pain in the backside for the entirety of his career. Time to cash in (if anyone is stupid enough to pay crazy money) and let him be a problem elsewhere.
Apart from when he was at Juventus were he became the best midfielder in the world and never had any off-field issues or tension with the fans for the whole time he was there.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
His talent undeniable but he's just not going to reach his potential here. His style and attitude doesn't suit the rebuild we are in.

We could sell Pogba and replace him with Tielemans, Bruno and Longstaff. I would take those 3 for him and im sure there are plenty who would prefer 1 world class player but he just hasn't done it for us (even with good stats this season).

He'll be better elsewhere.

Jinn

Apart from when he was at Juventus were he became the best midfielder in the world and never had any off-field issues or tension with the fans for the whole time he was there.
Yeah, big money changes people.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I want to believe that after everything that’s happened to this club it’s reaction isn’t to offer an uncommitted player a ludicrous pay rise but it sounds all too plausible.

It’s why Pogba leaving is actually more cause for optimism moving forward than him staying. Sanchez’s wages are what pushed this club over the edge. If nothing else, this being true would be confirmation that Woodward isn’t even willing to learn.

As for Pogba, I’ll think more of him if he tells us to feck off.

I just wish Liverpool had offered Coutinho £500,000 a week to stay.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Yeah , fair point but it was a different situation there. Nowhere near the pressure or expectation and he was in an already functioning team, he didn't carry the responsibility he does here.

Enigma_87

You know who
To compare Pogba with Rooney and Ronaldo is simply insulting Rooney ( our top goal scorer, ever ) and Ronaldo ( arguably one of footballs' GOATs ).

I doubt Pogba will ever figure in a best-of-all-time United Team whereas Rooney and Ronaldo will.
Despite being our top goalscorer there's no chance he'd make it at United all time XI.

We'll See Out There!

He's super talented no doubt, but I don't think we will ever see a season of full 100% commitment and effort from him as we don't interest him anymore. I've read an article from Terry Christian saying he really loves the club and its the media trying to force him out. Well the media didn't miss quote him when I saw PP himself say while on his own personal tour that he needs a new challenge. Surely we are the biggest challenge he could possibly get at the minute, PP being the single driving fore behind getting a new look younger Manchester United back to the top of things both domestic and Europe.

Beaucoup

Draw a line under it and get the moody fecker sold for as much cash we can squeeze out of it. If we don't, we'll have the same shit next year.

tony54

You think not ??

For me, it'd be a toss up between him and RVN and I'd give it to Rooney simply because of the all-time-leading-scorer thing....
I'd like to know what matches you've been watching to have this opinion. Good luck to any team willing to buy him.

Enigma_87

You know who
He wouldn't get in the best 250 and that's being kind and I'm being serious.
nah, he was still great player for us. Pogba is nowhere near to the contribution he has done for United.

At this rate I'm not even sure if he will fulfill his potential..

Sparkoz_1

Please sell him. He's a pain in the arse. Fergie wouldn't put up with this shite. No matter what his commercial value is. The problem lies in what will the glazers do. Buy some class replacement(s) or a nice yacht that they've been eyeing up.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

Original comment mentioned begging our best players. Whether you like it or not Pogba is one of them.

Ranchero

I don't get why anyone can support poisonous Pogba, now or in his actions while at the club. And quite why we should reward him by a bigger pay packet to stay is beyond me.

Let's say, to be charitable, that his comments about wanting a new challenge are his way of trying to get more money than Sanchez, because clearly he is in a beef with the Chilean which has not helped anyone's form. Why would you go public, knowing that the club are trying to get players through the door, and who will think, "what on earth is happening at United", with lots of difficult questions to answer about who is going to be at Old Trafford if that player arrives. It will could put off people coming during sensitive difficult negotiations.

Which shows, in a oner how self centred Pogba is. NOT his agent. He didn't have to say what he did but he did. The reality is it is more likely he was advised by his agent to say something to force a move. But he did not have to do it.

If we stick with him, this is what we will continue to get, and it is no wonder Fergie was happy to say goodbye to him as a youngster in 2012.

Bear in mind as we were fighting for top four, towards the end of March Pogba at a press conference ahead of France’s Euro 2020 clash with Moldova said something more unforgiveable: “Like I’ve always said, Real Madrid is a dream for anyone. It’s one of the biggest clubs in the world.

“There is also [Zinedine] Zidane as a coach and it’s a dream for anybody who likes football.

“For now, I’m at Manchester. We don’t know what the future holds. I’m at Manchester and I’m happy.”

That is as good as saying you want out, right there. The response from Zidane was waxing lyrical about how fantastic Pogba is.

This is the man our dressing room looks up to. He undermined the club right there at a crucial part of the season. We can't have that toxicity in our dressing room.

And don't forget Pogba's agent Mino Raiola was sorting out a deal last summer to join Barcelona and Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola revealed his agent had offered Pogba to him four months before that.

But I don't think we will sell him for one reason and one reason only... his marketing power. Fernandes (if he is even a genuine option) might perform better for US but he has nothing of the commercial attraction of Pogba. A superstar would be required by money man Woodward.

And unless we see a revolution in his mindset, he will continue to bring our club down.

World class talent or not, if you don't care about anything other than yourself, it is all worthless.

kerryman

Yep, if it's in the daily mail then it's definitely true.

This is exactly the kind of horseshit story that has turned everyone against him in the first place.
(To be clear, I'm well aware that he doesn't help himself sometimes also).

If our club is ever going to get back to where it belongs then our fans need to stop taking these bollocks stories as gospel and start researching the facts for themselves.

I'm well aware that it's silly season with rumours flying about everywhere but is no other Utd fan getting a bit suspicious of these constant rumours about our players demanding this, that and the other, without any actual evidence of it?
Im not saying its definitely not true by the way, I'm just raising the possibility that alot of this tripe is written by the media in order to stir things up at our club and if we constantly fall for it then I don't blame the players if they want to leave.

Alot of this has come from the Alexis Sanchez signing.
I admit that his signing has been an absolute disaster but the media go on as if he's the only player in the history of football to get a higher weekly wage because they signed on a free transfer.
Transfer fees are absolutely insane right now so at the time when Sanchez signed for us he was probably worth about £80 million, we got him for £0, the press never bother to mention this simple fact.
So, as I said, whilst I admit he's been a poor signing and that makes his wages seem even more extortionate, I just don't think it's this big catastrophic event that has caused every other player in the squad to start sulking the way the press (and sadly most of our fans because of it) go on.
Surely the players themselves can understand the simple mathematics of a free transfer.

Don't let these idiot anti-Utd journalists try to undermine this beautiful football club, we're better and bigger than that, aren't we?
We didn't get him for free, we had to swap him for Michytarian who cost us 30 odd million...

kerryman

We won’t do anything significant with or without Pogba. So what’s the point in keeping him? Even in the best case (highly unrealistic scenario) where he suddenly gets a good attitude, works hard, and consistently performs, we would still struggle to get into the top 4.

A more realistic scenario is he continues to put in the odd brilliant performance and the odd diabolical performance amongst bang-average performances.

People talk like replacing Pogba is difficult. Sure, if he performed at his best week in week out then yes. He’d be irreplaceable. But the Pogba who turns out for us week in week out is not that guy and is absolutely replaceable.

It’s time people realise that the Pogba who could be will never be at our club
. H wants to leave, let him go. I’m sure he will do great at Madrid, but he will never do great here.
Best summary of Pogba I've seen yet, sums him up perfectly.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I certainly hope newspaper talk of us offering £500k a week is made up. total joke if true

Roboc7

The leaks about him not being for sale and getting a new contract are exactly what club should be doing. He’s probably going to Madrid so it’s now just about driving up the price and making it seem like we don’t need to sell.

He isn’t here for the long haul, if it’s not this summer then it’ll be next year so best to sell now whilst price is high.

johanovic

Pogba is nowhere near the past midfield greats we have had as players like Scholes,Keane,Carrick,Beckham,Giggs and so on. He has a lot of talent BUT what seperates him from those players I listed is that he´s not giving an effort in every game. Sure these players I mentioned did have their bad games but unlike Pogba they always gave an effort and were not slacking in their basic duties like tracking back, pressing and so on. Pogba thinks he´s a way better footballer than he is but he should perhaps look to Messi and Ronaldo and see their dedication to the sport.

Recently the chairman of Qatar FC (PSG) came out and was telling Neymar to get his act together as he´s also an example of a very talented player that perhaps should focus more on his effort on the field rather than the self created wonderworld he seems to live in and I feel Pogba is a similar problem for us.

Pogba recently stated in a interview that after finding/confirming his religion it has helped him become a better person and that could be but it sure did not teach him respect as this interview in Japan where he stated he wanted out did not show Man Utd respect. Hopefully the club will get rid and there is not a lack of footballers in this world and Man Utd have lost far better players than Pogba and kept on going. I can not accept players that think they can choose which games they want to show up for and can not be arsed to give a effort in every game. I expect a United player to give their 100% effort in every game and Pogba is not doing that in most games and then it does not matter how good you are if you are not willing to do the legwork needed.

tinofapples

I'm quoting someone from another forum but I think it sums Pogba up :

"Most people look for a new challenge when they've completed the last challenge. Looking for a new challenge when you've failed the last is more commonly known as GIVING UP"

He hasn't got the fight or spirit for the fight or challenge that lies in front of him. Sell him for anything profitable on what was paid for him.

clarkydaz

I don't get why anyone can support poisonous Pogba, now or in his actions while at the club. And quite why we should reward him by a bigger pay packet to stay is beyond me.

Let's say, to be charitable, that his comments about wanting a new challenge are his way of trying to get more money than Sanchez, because clearly he is in a beef with the Chilean which has not helped anyone's form. Why would you go public, knowing that the club are trying to get players through the door, and who will think, "what on earth is happening at United", with lots of difficult questions to answer about who is going to be at Old Trafford if that player arrives. It will could put off people coming during sensitive difficult negotiations.

Which shows, in a oner how self centred Pogba is. NOT his agent. He didn't have to say what he did but he did. The reality is it is more likely he was advised by his agent to say something to force a move. But he did not have to do it.

If we stick with him, this is what we will continue to get, and it is no wonder Fergie was happy to say goodbye to him as a youngster in 2012.

Bear in mind as we were fighting for top four, towards the end of March Pogba at a press conference ahead of France’s Euro 2020 clash with Moldova said something more unforgiveable: “Like I’ve always said, Real Madrid is a dream for anyone. It’s one of the biggest clubs in the world.

“There is also [Zinedine] Zidane as a coach and it’s a dream for anybody who likes football.

“For now, I’m at Manchester. We don’t know what the future holds. I’m at Manchester and I’m happy.”

That is as good as saying you want out, right there. The response from Zidane was waxing lyrical about how fantastic Pogba is.

This is the man our dressing room looks up to. He undermined the club right there at a crucial part of the season. We can't have that toxicity in our dressing room.

And don't forget Pogba's agent Mino Raiola was sorting out a deal last summer to join Barcelona and Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola revealed his agent had offered Pogba to him four months before that.

But I don't think we will sell him for one reason and one reason only... his marketing power. Fernandes (if he is even a genuine option) might perform better for US but he has nothing of the commercial attraction of Pogba. A superstar would be required by money man Woodward.

And unless we see a revolution in his mindset, he will continue to bring our club down.

World class talent or not, if you don't care about anything other than yourself, it is all worthless.
Very good point about going public harming the clubs plans. All about himself

villain

Hates Beyoncé
As much as I love the guy, going public with the 'it might be time for a new challenge' is clearly a come-get-me plea.

No player is bigger than the club.
I don't foresee a situation where we'll replace him in time for next season when we haven't even replaced Herrera, and we're penny pinching over AWB.

Tielemans would be a great addition, but we really need another goal scoring midfielder too.

rotherham_red

As much as I love the guy, going public with the 'it might be time for a new challenge' is clearly a come-get-me plea.

No player is bigger than the club.
I don't foresee a situation where we'll replace him in time for next season when we haven't even replaced Herrera, and we're penny pinching over AWB.

Tielemans would be a great addition, but we really need another goal scoring midfielder too.
I think Tielemans, Maddison and/or Bruno would be a reasonable rebuild. Ideally, NDombele and Aouar should be the players we sign to replace PP but I don't have any confidence in our staff knowing the latter exists, let alone scouting him or thinking of purchasing him.

Renegade

I'm quoting someone from another forum but I think it sums Pogba up :

"Most people look for a new challenge when they've completed the last challenge. Looking for a new challenge when you've failed the last is more commonly known as GIVING UP"

He hasn't got the fight or spirit for the fight or challenge that lies in front of him. Sell him for anything profitable on what was paid for him.
Agreed, however going of his comments he actually believes he completed his challenge. Saying it was his best season blah blah. Surely he can’t believe that. Statistically very good with that very good ole honeymoon period, but overall?