Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Been consistent with this one since the beginning of the summer that I think Pogba stays and signs a new deal. Think Ed will go to £500k for him. Losing him would just be a huge step backwards anyway, and we need to be adding quality around him as opposed to getting rid of his quality and bringing in a different quality player. The whole issue is that he is head and shoulders on his own in terms of midfield quality, the idea is to add to it.

rotherham_red

Been consistent with this one since the beginning of the summer that I think Pogba stays and signs a new deal. Think Ed will go to £500k for him. Losing him would just be a huge step backwards anyway, and we need to be adding quality around him as opposed to getting rid of his quality and bringing in a different quality player. The whole issue is that he is head and shoulders on his own in terms of midfield quality, the idea is to add to it.
Got to admit, you were seemingly bang on with this one. Thought it was dead and buried with how poorly we recruited.

Just hope Ole bites the bullet and properly brings through Gomes and Greenwood this season. Let them use the Carabao, FA Cup, and EL as the testing ground by all means, but once they've proven themselves ready they need to be in and around the first team in the league on a regular basis. Add those two with a solid addition in midfield and attack in January/next summer and we'll be much better to challenge for Top 4 this season.

Thankfully, the rest of the Top 4 hopefuls are just as poor as us, so the two losses thus far haven't been terminal but we can't go on the way we have been. There simply has to be more.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
We'd regret it. The last thing Pogba needs is that added scrutiny, whether he realises this or not. Not that he'll care when he's taking that much home every week.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We'd regret it. The last thing Pogba needs is that added scrutiny, whether he realises this or not. Not that he'll care when he's taking that much home every week.
That’s a fair point. But ultimately, he’s going to have to either deliver and become all that he promises or not. He will be scrutinised for his salary for sure, but if he delivers it will be irrelevant. I appreciate that he can’t do it alone though.

Irwin99

Would be astonished if he signed a new deal given what happened over the past two summers (particularly the last one) but in fairness the only clubs I see being in for him would be PSG, Juventus and Madrid and I doubt he'd go to Madrid if Jose goes there.

dev1l

Would be astonished if he signed a new deal given what happened over the past two summers (particularly the last one) but in fairness the only clubs I see being in for him would be PSG, Juventus and Madrid and I doubt he'd go to Madrid if Jose goes there.
Juventus will try to get him in summer

romufc

I always said it from the start of the season, without Pogba we will struggle to do anything. Fans might think he is inconsistent, not worth it or whatever but the fact remains that he is our best player and without him we are a below average team. He makes our attacking play tick and is the only one who can do it in this team.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He has 2 + 1 years contract so we stll have to accept an offer and we will not so it's a bit of a mute point what others might be able to offer.
Is it definitely the +1? If so that does buy some real strength in our position. I thought we were into the last 2 years.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Never ever knock the appeal of huge money in an extension.

These players ignore that it might make it harder to leave

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is it definitely the +1? If so that does buy some real strength in our position. I thought we were into the last 2 years.
According to transfermarkt.com he has 2 years left plus the option of +1.

We can trigger that without concent like we did with Evra, so yes technically still 2 and a half years left.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Exactly. Make/Show some progress this season, qualify for the CL, add quality midfielders around him and give him a new raised contract and he'll sign.

clarkydaz

The club wouldn't let him leave and valued him at £150m, so he needs to be paid as one. A nice payrise for staying and not kicking up a stink. I would be gobsmacked if he stayed and was happy to play Europa again next year for money

Codie

Let’s hope that the following happens:

Zidane is sacked before Christmas and Jose goes to Madrid - Madrid out!

Juventus win the Champions league and so don’t want/need to pay a world record fee for Pogba - Juve out!

We make some good signings in Jan and get top 4, or win Europa League - Pogba signs and stays

I guess there is still PSG but that’s already enough variables

TheReligion

Abusive
The Times reckon he's only on 140k per week with 6.5m image rights.

Interesting. If so is it any wonder there's been such discontent since the arrival of Sanchez on his pay packet?

jackal&hyde

Ok thanks for confirming Ed
:lol: No problem. But i can't take credit for this, Madrid's president said recently that he couldn't do anything about Pogba because United refused to even enter negotiations and the contract part is widely reported everywhere, including the article in the Times Sport.

fergiesarmy1

:lol: No problem. But i can't take credit for this, Madrid's president said recently that he couldn't do anything about Pogba because United refused to even enter negotiations and the contract part is widely reported everywhere, including the article in the Times Sport.
Well as our revenue is expected to drop by an optimistic £47-£67 million in next years figures due to no champions league don’t bank on the Ed and the Glazers refusing to enter negotiations this summer.

meamth

Well now is the time to prove his loyalty. All that talk of being Mancunian, Manchester is home, he needs to sign.

#pogback is the past, now we need #pogstay.

Please make this happen. I want him for foreseeable future.

jackal&hyde

Well as our revenue is expected to drop by an optimistic £47-£67 million in next years figures due to no champions league don’t bank on the Ed and the Glazers refusing to enter negotiations this summer.
The other way to look at it is that he is by far the most marketable player and selling him would have a negative effect on the commercial side. Add to this the cost of replacing him and i don't know if selling him would give much of a net profit, i'd expect the opposite actually. Extending the contract i think makes both financial and football sense.

dev1l

I think we ll put him on par with DeGea - around 300-375 K per week

fergiesarmy1

The other way to look at it is that he is by far the most marketable player and selling him would have a negative effect on the commercial side. Add to this the cost of replacing him and i don't know if selling him would give much of a net profit, i'd expect the opposite actually. Extending the contract i think makes both financial and football sense.
These yanks only care about the bottom line it seems and unless we are planning more diluting sponsorship deals all these sucker sponsors are already in for the long haul. Selling him will add £100 million+ to next years revenue which would “show” continued growth and possibly increase the share price (the only questions asked by shareholders were about marketing opportunities in China and something about loan deals) expect his replacement to be someone like Longstaff.

zenith

I think he's almost certain to leave and there will be no shortage of suiters for him. That will no doubt add to our summer recruitment headache but it's still better than keeping a player who is not fully convinced.

Hopefully he can help us win the europa or scrape through top 4, which can improve the quality of players that we can replace him with.

Winmove

Why would he want to jump from sinking ship to another ? Not to mention there are strong possibility that another sinking ship would be captained by someone who he hates or hates him the most and would definitely made his life miserable there.

Last edited by a moderator:

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Well if nothing else he's certainly earned that contract offer.

He's been consistently brilliant during his time here.

Ballist1x

I would use many words to describe Pogba but consistency is not one of them
You could use;

Integral part of world cup winning team

Potential to be best player in the world

But you cant throw that label at any of our other players (except maybe DDG).

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
If he does want to go to another club for football reasons then I couldn't really blame him but what I could blame him for is his stinking attitude in a majority of his time here. A lot of people say he can't do it on his own which could be true but a supposedly world class player has to show a lot more than he's shown for us.

If he stays its because of a bank full of money that he wouldn't get anywhere else. Ed will want to keep him for his marketing value more than his footballing ability which is a very worrying trend.

Best case scenario is he stays and plays like he wants to be here but what's the chances?

poleglass red

I think he stays, not out of any loyalty or great desire to be here, but simply due to lack of interest from other clubs. Real were rumoured to be interested but forked out a ton of money on other options ahead of him. Zidane no doubt is a fan, but how long will he last at Real. The incredible transfer fee we will be seeking for him I think it's hard for other clubs to justify it.

tomaldinho1

I think he stays, not out of any loyalty or great desire to be here, but simply due to lack of interest from other clubs. Real were rumoured to be interested but forked out a ton of money on other options ahead of him. Zidane no doubt is a fan, but how long will he last at Real. The incredible transfer fee we will be seeking for him I think it's hard for other clubs to justify it.
Exactly - he's had a few niggling injuries, has been a yo-yo in terms of form, been called out on attitude by a former manager and often seemed half committed to the cause. I don't think it's even about the money, I just don't think he's rated that highly outside of OT given he's going to command a stupidly high fee. If he runs down his contract I think he'll be about 30 when he leaves us - I think he'll push like crazy this summer unless results drastically improve but I can't see any team wanting to fork out £100m plus for him.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Integral part of world cup winning team
He was in the team and played well but it's arguable that the team could have still won without him.

Potential to be best player in the world
Rubbish! He hasn't the correct attitude to become the best in the world full stop.

But you cant throw that label at any of our other players (except maybe DDG).
Maybe not but it does't mean Paul Pogba is anything other than an expensive, inconsistent luxury that only turns up when he feels like it. I doubt there are many takers for this guy at the money banded around. He must look unprofessional from the outside.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
He won't get anywhere near to what Ed's offering him elsewhere. Everyone else simply doesn't rate him as highly, and quite frankly aren't as desperate as us.
And that's because he's nowhere near as good as most of this forum makes out.

He'sRaldo

And that's because he's nowhere near as good as most of this forum makes out.
Well he's stagnated with us, as do most players these days. I wouldn't blame him for that at all.

Add to that his reputation has definitely taken a big hit playing for us.

He'sRaldo

Poor little Paulie Waulie, my heart bleeds.
It's not to feel sorry for Paul, but for us to be ashamed of ourselves.

Most big players who came here have taken a big reputation hit. Pretty embarrassing for us.

fergiesarmy1

Might be reading into things also but for Ole to make Tuanzebe captain over Pogba tells me all’s not right there, I had my doubts about this injury and how long it lasted.