Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I’m curious on how different the poll results would be if the poll was made today.

Would you trade Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

beingshe7don

I’m curious on how different the poll results would be if the poll was made today.

Would you trade Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?
We've got Williams and Shaw. Makes no sense to get Sandro. We do need a RW but Dybala is yet another Second Striker/ No. 10 sort of player. I would get neither. If anything I would get Demiral and 80m

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Is there a reason he wont go to PSG? Seems the most logical transfer to me. They have almost an infinite amount of money, Pogba would walk that league without breaking a sweat which suits him, and he would stay motivated by his big dream of always playing in the CL. He seems to suit that team down to the bone, all the big ego's, big wages, a lot of silky skills but a lack of togetherness and good team mentality. Should be the perfect arena for Pogba to thrive on all levels. PSG should have all the money to waste on this and to top it off he is French. 150m cash or swap for Verratti?
Having money doesn't mean you can buy players however you want. Look at what's happening to Man City, PSG will need to sell a big player before even having a small hope to sign Pogba.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Having money doesn't mean you can buy players however you want. Look at what's happening to Man City, PSG will need to sell a big player before even having a small hope to sign Pogba.
I see. Real Madrid could have gone in that direction and tried to get both Pogba, Neymar, Mbappe but they decided to go a different route and have spent a lot of their money on other players like Hazard and the Brazilians. Maybe some of these guys like Neymar, Pogba will be stuck at their clubs despite wanting to leave. It is problematic for all parts when the players lose their heads and hearts and have to hang around against their will, creating chaos in their clubs in desperation. I guess we could sell Pogba to City, Chelsea, Barca or even Arsenal but if one of those bite then he'll just have to keep hanging around which sucks for us. Either way, it will be interesting to see what happens in the summer. We should be ready to take advantage of the possible craziness of transfer windows. Imagine Real bought Neymar, why would Mbappe stick around? Mbappe Pogba deal, who knows. :lol:

RedorDead21

Sell, asap. Time to move forward.
Paul Pogba has never stopped or prohibited this club from moving forward. All the lad ever did was get injured. An agent who runs his mouth off shouldn't unsettle everyone to this degree. Jesus a competent social media team (which we don't have) should be batting these off with clever tongue in cheek comments making him look what he is. Meanwhile becoming better at dealing with these types as we enter a new era of agent influence should be our focus, not losing our best players because we can't take afew barbs from him.....hell half of our fan base believes we can't match the ambitions of any player wanting to win big trophies right now and this lad could be lifting another big international trophy this summer and knowing him, in with a chance of being player of the tournament.

E-mal

I see. Real Madrid could have gone in that direction and tried to get both Pogba, Neymar, Mbappe but they decided to go a different route and have spent a lot of their money on other players like Hazard and the Brazilians. Maybe some of these guys like Neymar, Pogba will be stuck at their clubs despite wanting to leave. It is problematic for all parts when the players lose their heads and hearts and have to hang around against their will, creating chaos in their clubs in desperation. I guess we could sell Pogba to City, Chelsea, Barca or even Arsenal but if one of those bite then he'll just have to keep hanging around which sucks for us. Either way, it will be interesting to see what happens in the summer. We should be ready to take advantage of the possible craziness of transfer windows. Imagine Real bought Neymar, why would Mbappe stick around? Mbappe Pogba deal, who knows. :lol:
I doubt Pogba will want to go to a PSG without Neymar and Mbappe.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
TBH it's not him being injured that pisses me off, nor is it the social media as much, and it's not even the fact he wants to move on.

It's the sheer audacity of any player, let alone one who is a supposed leader/strong professional/whatever to actually allow his agent to say the shit he says. That shows a serious lack of balls and cowardice. Agents are a mouthpiece for the player and they act on behalf of their clients. Pogba clearly failed to have a word with Raiola and if anything looks to have endorsed the tripe he's said since he's followed it up with more tripe.

TrebleFan99

Paul Pogba has never stopped or prohibited this club from moving forward. All the lad ever did was get injured. An agent who runs his mouth off shouldn't unsettle everyone to this degree. Jesus a competent social media team (which we don't have) should be batting these off with clever tongue in cheek comments making him look what he is. Meanwhile becoming better at dealing with these types as we enter a new era of agent influence should be our focus, not losing our best players because we can't take afew barbs from him.....hell half of our fan base believes we can't match the ambitions of any player wanting to win big trophies right now and this lad could be lifting another big international trophy this summer and knowing him, in with a chance of being player of the tournament.
For a club record signing he’s been shit. Add to that his shit attitude and shit agent - goodbye. He might win a trophy this summer but his lack of professionalism to this club has been a disgrace.

When you have a real professional under contract you don’t need a team of people to deal with their agent’s toxic comments do you?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I doubt Pogba will want to go to a PSG without Neymar and Mbappe.
Good point. Real can't afford all those guys, and all those guys want Real. Someone has to lose out in some way if they want to move on from their clubs.
TBH it's not him being injured that pisses me off, nor is it the social media as much, and it's not even the fact he wants to move on.

It's the sheer audacity of any player, let alone one who is a supposed leader/strong professional/whatever to actually allow his agent to say the shit he says. That shows a serious lack of balls and cowardice. Agents are a mouthpiece for the player and they act on behalf of their clients. Pogba clearly failed to have a word with Raiola and if anything looks to have endorsed the tripe he's said since he's followed it up with more tripe.
Your tagline given to you, was it ironic, or have you flipped?

OleGunnar20

Dybala wasn't keen last year and Ole pulled the plug and rightfully so.... it's hard to see many players at Juve really being motivated to come and want to develop themselves at United

It's hard to see us getting what we want from clubs - say 100-120m euro given the FFP stick is being used and I don't see many teams spending that kind of money - just a feeling and I could be wrong of course.

I could see Madrid interested in Pogba and I wonder how say 50m + Odegaard would go down - would that be a good deal for both clubs?
I'd be all over that deal.

Sadly it won't happen for a million reasons, not least that Odegaard seems really committed to making it there if memory serves me.

Last thing we need is any more Di Maria situations.

Jibbs

The guy hides behind his agent and brother who do the talking on his behalf. Spew venom against our club and manager, yet the blind fanboys continue to wax lyrical about the guy, I hope they move to support the next club he goes to. This club would be much better without them both.

sp_107

I understand players like Dybala, Haaland doesnt like to come to UTD at this moment but we are Manchester UTD and I am sure things would change. so there will be a time players will be in frontline to join us and I am confident with that.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
When is he back? Andre Gomes broke his leg 4 months ago and is back already.

kbbear

Just a suggestion. If Real really want Pogba and there's any truth in the Martin Odergaard rumour, a straight swap would be a great deal. As Pogba will be a free agent in 2021 a straight swap wouldn't be a bad idea.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Just a suggestion. If Real really want Pogba and there's any truth in the Martin Odergaard rumour, a straight swap would be a great deal. As Pogba will be a free agent in 2021 a straight swap wouldn't be a bad idea.
:lol:

Straight swap for a player we should be easily getting ~80m.

Crimson King

Pretty sure there's an extra year we can trigger, so he actually has over 2 years left on his contract.

cyberman

Juve are nowhere in Europe and Madrid are a shadow of what they were.
He needs to be careful about his next move because Paul alone wont bring these two sides up and he'll take all the flack for that fact.

Red_Orchestra

Ship him off to Barca or Real for nothing less than a £150m. I still can't believe he's still on the roster after that fiasco last Summer, give him what he wants already and buy one or two players who want to be here.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Ship him off to Barca or Real for nothing less than a £150m. I still can't believe he's still on the roster after that fiasco last Summer, give him what he wants already and buy one or two players who want to be here.
They won't pay that, hence why is is still here.

jackal&hyde

Juve are nowhere in Europe and Madrid are a shadow of what they were.
He needs to be careful about his next move because Paul alone wont bring these two sides up and he'll take all the flack for that fact.
We've seen that before didn't we

SER19

If we get back what we paid I'd take it this summer. He's not a player teams are willing to pay 150m for maybe in the aftermath of world Cup or last summer we could have pushed for it.

But its time to offload the circus. 90-100m could get good players in if we don't panic buy. Maguire bissaka James and fernandes so far look like decent business and we should continue this pattern not signing guys that don't want to be here.

HackeyC

If he goes to Italy or Spain I think he will excel and there will be a revisionist view that we were crazy to sell him (see recent comments on Lukaku for reference). I don't think many would argue that for spells he has been our best player, but his performances have often been at a level below what he was truly capable of. There could be an argument that this is more down to us than him, but if you are one of the best players in the world you should elevate those around you and that has not happened. Much like Lukaku, I think we should aim to recoup our investment at £80/90m and take his high wage off the books at the beginning of the window.

Mark Pawelek

Looks like the knives are out. Probably to neutralize fans angry with his sale. He has to go, maybe De Gea as well. United will get pennies for Lingard and Pereira, but pounds for Pogba and De Gea. The funds are needs for a rebuild. I don't think United need to plant stories in the press like this; it poisons everything. I fairly sure that, apart from a tiny minority, fans are happy to part with Pogba. No need to rake it over with press rumours.

Last edited:

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
They won't pay that, hence why is is still here.
It's a rock and hard place situation. I think at this stage Ole wants him gone. But when I'm hearing figures of 80-100m for Odegaard or Havertz then it's totally within our remit to ask for 150m for Pogba. As you said though - who's going to pay it. That's why I can see him sign a new contract, which would be good as long as his head is here.

croadyman

I just want to see him give his best until the end of the season and then grant him his move in the summer

Mark Pawelek

How can anyone be angry at him being sold?! It's clearly in the club's best interests to get shot of him.
I'm cynical to think that management may have a secret folder called "How to sell a player", which includes sections titled "Dis them in the English speaking media", "Praise them in foreign language media"

Hammondo

Pogba said he wanted to leave.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The fury in this thread when he signs a new deal this summer will be funny to watch.

RUCK4444

Anybody wanting him gone needs to really ask themselves why.

It’s clear he’s an icing on the cake type of player.

Chuck him into a functioning team with quality around him and he’s a feckin world beater.

Would sum up our poor planning as a club that just as we are starting to look like a talented side again we sell him.

We have to trigger the year and see how he plays alongside better players.
An in form Pogba is better than anybody you are thinking of replacing him with.

It’s about adding quality to this squad now, not weakening it. Regardless if we have Bruno.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I doubt many people actually want him gone deep down. A lot of people just feel let down and angry that we've paid a lot of money for a player who has seemed hell bent on finding a way out. You can't blame them and I'm one of them.

It doesn't mean I don't see his quality and 'just want him gone' though. If he came back into the team, helped us have a strong end to the season and produced the goods, then ended up staying and carries on producing the goods then all will be forgotten pretty quickly I'm sure.

That's fine when there's a cake to ice.

Chuck him into a functioning team with quality around him and he’s a feckin world beater.
For me, that still remains to be seen. True world beaters, in my opinion, aren't just world beaters when the rest of the team are beating the world.

Would sum up our poor planning as a club that just as we are starting to look like a talented side again we sell him.
Maybe, but it also has shown us that he isn't solely necessary for us to become a good side again. We can do it without him.

Maybe but a players individual quality does not always translate to the improvement of the team. We have improved despite Pogba's absence and could easily continue to do so should he leave.

It’s about adding quality to this squad now, not weakening it. Regardless if we have Bruno.
I agree.

Zed 101

It is not just about talent, the team is looking happy, maybe because the pressure is lessening following the arrival of Bruno and Ighalo, may also be that their personalities have had an uplifting affect on the dressing room etc...

Aside from his skills has Pogba and his agent on his behalf burnt his bridges with us, clearly it has been a knife in Ole's back, not least proceeding with an non-urgent operation in order to play for his country over the club paying him massive bucks, add in the rest of the nonsense around his shenanigans whilst being unavailable. The damage he has done and continues to do to our reputation is palpable, at a time where Woodward and the Glazers are already undermining our status, his actions are making teh club look like a Mickey Mouse outfit.... which it may be but would rather not advertise it!

How will the dressing room react to him? he was irrefutably responsible for the downturn in attitude affecting the team which got Mou fired, how long until he is trying to bring the club down again in order to engineer a move, or just becuase he is unhappy about being upstaged by Fernandes! sometimes regardless of the talent of a player the baggage that comes with him is just not worth it, very few players are that good that I would want to keep them with the baggage that Pogba has been carrying the last 12 months+ Ronaldo, Messi level and Pogba ain't anywhere close to that level!!

Okay early days and it may go pear shaped yet, but Fernandes is already the player Pogba should have been, if we can sell Pogba for £100m plus (although not sure who would in their right mind would pay that for him) and get Grealish in effectively swapping him for Grealish and Fernandes I would rip you hand and arm off.

Am more than happy to be proven wrong!! it is all good for the team :) but somehow I do not think I will be, right now the only thing that would bring me back on side with Pogba would be him firing his agent and issuing a statement committing himself to the team, short of that he is not a player I enjoy associating with our club

Red_Orchestra

Might need a new poll, sell and get the money back ~90m or keep?
Or change the title to "Would you accept Odegaard plus Cash for Pogba?"

We desperately need a left footed right winger and he would slot in perfectly.