Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
The fury in this thread when he signs a new deal this summer will be funny to watch.
Why do you think he'll be offered a new deal, and actually sign it? Bruno & possibly Poch effect?

He wants to leave the club, had his agent attack his manager that trusted him just as a move to get his way. He wanted go to City a couple of years back right? I highly doubt he wants to be apart of any new rebuild at United under Ole, after not really settling well the 3 years he played, judging by the past and the more recent activities of him and his agent he is desperate to leave.

From the club's view, I don't think the club is ready to prioritise Pogba over another manager if it is once again "a personal dispute" between them. They would be looking to sell. If the club isn't able to sell him due to the big wages he is on then he probably wouldn't be signing any possible contract either as it certainly wont come with the pay raise he would want after a season coming off a huge injury. I highly doubt he'd be saying yes to continue on his current wages, in fact, he'd probably earn more if we do badly, then Raiola can feed on the clubs desperation to keep him on insane wages. I can see the logic in it happening, I just don't think the club is in such a desperate position at the moment.

Xeno

Paul Pogba is one of the most technically gifted players I've ever seen, he's an absolute genius, but sometimes a player just doesn't fit a system.

He needs that free-off-left CM role; he isn't anywhere near as class anywhere else on the pitch, and unfortunately we don't have Vidal/Pirlo/Marchisio/Khedira/Kante/Matuidi beside him. Is that a slight on a player where he's only immense under perfect partners/circumstances?

Reminds me of Mendieta.

Wicked_Badger

He’ll be back soonish, play a run of games, be amazing & help the team qualify for the CL.

He’ll then go to the Euros, star with France & get them to the final.

We should trigger his extra year & sell him to the highest bidder. Barca or PSG probably, for ~£150m.

Then we can buy a couple of players that actually want to play for United.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Why do you think he'll be offered a new deal, and actually sign it? Bruno & possibly Poch effect?

He wants to leave the club, had his agent attack his manager that trusted him just as a move to get his way. He wanted go to City a couple of years back right? I highly doubt he wants to be apart of any new rebuild at United under Ole, after not really settling well the 3 years he played, judging by the past and the more recent activities of him and his agent he is desperate to leave.

From the club's view, I don't think the club is ready to prioritise Pogba over another manager if it is once again "a personal dispute" between them. They would be looking to sell. If the club isn't able to sell him due to the big wages he is on then he probably wouldn't be signing any possible contract either as it certainly wont come with the pay raise he would want after a season coming off a huge injury. I highly doubt he'd be saying yes to continue on his current wages, in fact, he'd probably earn more if we do badly, then Raiola can feed on the clubs desperation to keep him on insane wages. I can see the logic in it happening, I just don't think the club is in such a desperate position at the moment.
Highly likely this isn’t true. Riolas never backtracked quicker in his life. Next day he’s on sky saying he reacted and was wrong, didn’t know a game was on. Talking about how Pogba loves the club and is open to a new contract.

I suppose in most united fans head, Pogba controls his agent only when it suits their agenda. It was Rioja himself who decided to backtrack. Probably against Pogbas wishes ?

The circus is as much in fans heads as Riolas mouth.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Couple reasons.

1. Pogba does love United, he chose to come back here in the first place when he could have gone anywhere.

2. He was getting fed up of the position the team is in, a player of his standing in the game should be in the CL regularly and challenging for the title. Right now it's not happening.

3. With his injuries recently, are teams going to stump up the cash we want? he has 2 years left on his deal and IMO Juventus don't need another midfielder, and Madrid's CEO doesn't seem keen on signing him for some reason (perhaps it's a fake until they get some movement). We can also offer him wages that'll be the top earner at the club, will Madrid do that?

4. United ARE getting better. We're making slow progress, and this summer is a huge one in terms of getting the players we need to kick to the next level. AWB/Maguire/James/Fernandes have been a great start, another 2-3 quality players this summer and we're looking good. Pogba i'm sure can see this, he will be excited to play with Fernandes who looks more on Pogbas level and wavelength.

Obviously he has Raiola in his ear telling him to leave, but if he does leave I don't think it'll be this summer. He will stay another year then leave with 1 year left at a reduced price.

In that time we might well end up being one of the better teams in the League/Europe and he might be happy to stay.

POF

His future?

He will manage his fitness taking every precaution for the rest of the season, playing just enough to be match fit for the Euros.

Then, in the summer, he and his agent will try every trick in the book to engineer a move to a club willing to pay half what United are asking for him.

His time at United is coming to an end.

The Urban Goose

His future?

He will manage his fitness taking every precaution for the rest of the season, playing just enough to be match fit for the Euros.

Then, in the summer, he and his agent will try every trick in the book to engineer a move to a club willing to pay half what United are asking for him.

His time at United is coming to an end.
I also think that's their plan. However I think the agent's backtracking might be because Ole's told them to get fecked. We don't need Pogba any more, and I'd be loathe to disturb the McT-Fred-Bruno triumvirate.

If he's lucky he'll get some minutes as a sub when we want to rest someone.

Eric's Seagull

Don't think Pogba will play much this season and I think he will be off in the summer. Hopefully he does well at Euro's and we get decent amount for him and hope we don't take too much time to get a replacement in.

POF

I also think that's their plan. However I think the agent's backtracking might be because Ole's told them to get fecked. We don't need Pogba any more, and I'd be loathe to disturb the McT-Fred-Bruno triumvirate.

They could do with Pogba's quality but they certainly don't need the baggage he brings. The club will be far better off when he's gone.

Stadjer

Pogba is better than McT, Fred or Bruno.... if playing Pogba improves the team i would want him to play. Playing better player usually will increase the chances of winning games.

Eric's Seagull

Pogba is better than McT, Fred or Bruno.... if playing Pogba improves the team i would want him to play. Playing better player usually will increase the chances of winning games.
Agree with what you say. Hopefully he will get a few goes in and enable us to qualify for Xhampions before he goes (in my opinion ) in the summer. Although if we play well until the end the season and he can really see it coming get he might stay slthough I doubt it.

The Urban Goose

That's just it though, I don't think Pogba improves the team any more; he's not suited to the quick one-touch plays that Ole's trying to instill.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Reminds me of Mendieta.
As a player?

Interesting comparison, though I wouldn't say it strikes me as immediately apt. Mendieta was, for lack of a more precise term, very "tactically aware" - as in, he excelled at reading the game both defensively and offensively. He was - clearly, I would say - a much more well rounded midfielder (able to play at a high level in multiple roles, both centrally and as more of a wide midfielder).

As a player who for one reason or another simply wasn't a good fit for a particular team - well, yes, that might be apt enough.

But with Mendieta you also have factor in the immense negative impact injuries had on his career after he left Valencia - the latter part of his career was pretty much fecked over by injuries. Hopefully, for Pogs, he ain't headed down that road.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Highly likely this isn’t true. Riolas never backtracked quicker in his life. Next day he’s on sky saying he reacted and was wrong, didn’t know a game was on. Talking about how Pogba loves the club and is open to a new contract.

I suppose in most united fans head, Pogba controls his agent only when it suits their agenda. It was Rioja himself who decided to backtrack. Probably against Pogbas wishes ?

Fans have a tendency to create drama out of nothing, but no. This reminds me of that meme "this is fine". It's not fine. We can discuss if Pogba told him something to backtrack so that makes him look good, or if he is the mastermind controlling Raiola. Reality is, it really doesn't matter. It is all apart of the circus. They should generally just shut the feck up like everyone else and we wouldn't even need to be having any of these discussions. I don't care about the details about this person, I judge him of his actions and the man he has appointed to do what he wants. The guy he has hired to carry out what he wants to happen is visibly shitting on the club. I don't like that. I don't hate Pogba but I can't pretend that what his agent does on his behalf is far off from what Pogba wants to happen. They obviously don't want to look bad, so backtracking was natural after the negative response, but to me it doesn't matter. Damage is done, their intentions have been exposed.

Couple reasons.

1. Pogba does love United, he chose to come back here in the first place when he could have gone anywhere.

2. He was getting fed up of the position the team is in, a player of his standing in the game should be in the CL regularly and challenging for the title. Right now it's not happening.

3. With his injuries recently, are teams going to stump up the cash we want? he has 2 years left on his deal and IMO Juventus don't need another midfielder, and Madrid's CEO doesn't seem keen on signing him for some reason (perhaps it's a fake until they get some movement). We can also offer him wages that'll be the top earner at the club, will Madrid do that?

4. United ARE getting better. We're making slow progress, and this summer is a huge one in terms of getting the players we need to kick to the next level. AWB/Maguire/James/Fernandes have been a great start, another 2-3 quality players this summer and we're looking good. Pogba i'm sure can see this, he will be excited to play with Fernandes who looks more on Pogbas level and wavelength.

Obviously he has Raiola in his ear telling him to leave, but if he does leave I don't think it'll be this summer. He will stay another year then leave with 1 year left at a reduced price.

In that time we might well end up being one of the better teams in the League/Europe and he might be happy to stay.
I have to be honest, I do think some of this is a bit gullible but I get it. Fair enough.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It depends on the function in the team. Florentino Perez thought replacing Claude Makelele with David Beckham was a sensible idea, when it was fairly obvious that Beckham could not replicate the defensive aspects of Makelele's game.

Pogba is a great player, however is he great at the things McTominay, Fred or Bruno are offering this system and this team? Look at the defensive awareness McTominay has developed, or the aggressive pressing Fred does or the quick, first time passes that Bruno does: Is Pogba better than any of them at those specific things? Pogba doesn't defend that well, Pogba does not press that well and many believe Pogba holds the ball too long.

Unless Pogba decides that he is willing to adjust his game for Solskjaer, in the same way he did for France at the last World Cup, then Solskjaer has to retool the whole team to accomodate Pogba's game. Some will argue that its not worth it and its arguable that they're right.

Look down the road at Liverpool. Are any of their midfielders, on paper, better than Phillipe Coutinho? Would you say that any of Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Milner, Keita or Fabino are better than either Pogba or Coutinho? Yet they're smashing teams left, right and centre. Its about picking players that compliment each other, not players that have the best ratings on video games.

izzydiggler

Top class wumming.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite

"Triumvirate" - What a fecking word!

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
If the team is playing well and winning games, and if the squad has a new mentality, why would we change things up to accommodate a player who has made it so clear he doesn’t want to be here?

Unless he has a massive change in attitude and drops Raiola, he is always going to be a distraction. I think this injury is highly suspect too.

The midfield is working the way it is, and we should be planning for the future with those players at the front of our minds.

Pogba won’t be here next season and doesn’t deserve to take time away from the players giving 100% that will be.

Coops73

Couldn’t disagree more. I think Pogba knows exactly what that cnut is saying or is going to say, I actually think Raiola is taking it in the arse for his client here, he’s doing a great job and is protecting Pogbas reputation over his own to engineer a move away.

Good fecking riddance to the pair of them and take Lingard with you while you’re at it.....now where did I put my trapeze?

Handré1990

If the team is playing well and winning games, and if the squad has a new mentality, why would we change things up to accommodate a player who has made it so clear he doesn’t want to be here?

Unless he has a massive change in attitude and drops Raiola, he is always going to be a distraction. I think this injury is highly suspect too.

The midfield is working the way it is, and we should be planning for the future with those players at the front of our minds.

Pogba won’t be here next season and doesn’t deserve to take time away from the players giving 100% that will be.
This is the reason why I fecking hate the internet most of the time.

Maluco

This is the reason why I fecking hate the internet most of the time.
What a coincidence! The reason I hate it is stupid replies that don’t give any possible counter argument. :D

I am not accusing him of anything directly, but I do think it’s suspect he has been out for so long. It doesn’t strike me as a player who is killing himself to get back into the mix.

Even if it was just him worrying more about France than United, it’s not a good sign. I didn’t realize that we couldn’t question anything! It wouldn’t be the first time a player has taken his time with an injury for one reason or another. It’s hardly tin foil hat territory!

And Im sorry, but “he is a really good player” isn’t a good enough reason for him to stroll back into the team.

Ole In crowd have talked about the new culture and how well Ole has done in getting rid of hangers on and those with a bad attitude, and has brought in players and young players who are positive and give their all for the team. I have bought into this idea.

As of today, it’s clear which group Pogba falls into. The best teams in the history of football were not always those with the best players in every position.

Attitude and application go a long way. I think we are better off without him if he doesn’t want to be here, and there is enough evidence to suggest that is the case. Sorry if you don’t agree with a contentious point and hate the internet because of it. Question nothing!

Last edited:

zenith

I'm not even sure that anyone of real or juve even want pogba anymore. Maybe buy even for the 90 mil we bought him for

clarkydaz

Couldn’t disagree more. I think Pogba knows exactly what that cnut is saying or is going to say, I actually think Raiola is taking it in the arse for his client here, he’s doing a great job and is protecting Pogbas reputation over his own to engineer a move away.

Good fecking riddance to the pair of them and take Lingard with you while you’re at it.....now where did I put my trapeze?
thats what he gets paid silly money for. Also, i doubt its Raiola teliing Pogbas brother to be on Spanish TV saying everyone knows he wants to leave

Eric's Seagull

If Pogba wants to go, which I think he does just let him go as long as we receive an acceptable offer. No matter how talented a player is, if his heart or his head is not in it, in my opinion it's time to part ways. Although I would prefer if he were to stay knuckle down and prove how much he loves the club and wants to help make it great again.

Handré1990

What a coincidence! The reason I hate it is stupid replies that don’t give any possible counter argument. :D

I am not accusing him of anything directly, but I do think it’s suspect he has been out for so long. It doesn’t strike me as a player who is killing himself to get back into the mix.

Even if it was just him worrying more about France than United, it’s not a good sign. I didn’t realize that we couldn’t question anything! It wouldn’t be the first time a player has taken his time with an injury for one reason or another. It’s hardly tin foil hat territory!

And Im sorry, but “he is a really good player” isn’t a good enough reason for him to stroll back into the team.

Ole In crowd have talked about the new culture and how well Ole has done in getting rid of hangers on and those with a bad attitude, and has brought in players and young players who are positive and give their all for the team. I have bought into this idea.

As of today, it’s clear which group Pogba falls into. The best teams in the history of football were not always those with the best players in every position.

Attitude and application go a long way. I think we are better off without him if he doesn’t want to be here, and there is enough evidence to suggest that is the case. Sorry if you don’t agree with a contentious point and hate the internet because of it. Question nothing!
I don’t have anything to add to the rest of your post, it’s fine and I agree with a lot of it. You just had to go and ruin it with that idiotic implication (see I can play with semantics as well!).

Kag

That's just it though, I don't think Pogba improves the team any more; he's not suited to the quick one-touch plays that Ole's trying to instill.
Come on. Pogba doesn’t want to be here and it’s obvious he’ll be sold in the summer. But he remains the best player at the club and walks into the midfield.

Not suited to quick football? Give it a bloody rest.

Maluco

I don’t have anything to add to the rest of your post, it’s fine and I agree with a lot of it. You just had to go and ruin it with that idiotic implication (see I can play with semantics as well!).
I honestly don’t think it’s ruined, and I think it’s a valid question, especially as the Euros loom closer.

Injuries are complicated, but the constant noise from Raiola while injured and the purposely vague and inconsistent updates Ole gives, paint a strange picture.

We can’t rule out something going on behind the scenes, because we don’t know enough.

redshaw

We'll just have to see how the fortunes of the potential suitors ends this season. Doesn't seem like any big money bid is coming, and by big I mean 80-90+m, Juve's costs have risen but maybe a disappointing season can get them to muster up 80-90 million and selling some of their dozen mids to other clubs. Perhaps a CL exit and Barca winning the league can prompt a similar bid from Madrid or likewise PSG but I'd guess Paul doesn't want Ligue 1.

RedDevilUnited369

We'll just have to see how the fortunes of the potential suitors ends this season. Doesn't seem like any big money bid is coming, and by big I mean 80-90+m, Juve's costs have risen but maybe a disappointing season can get them to muster up 80-90 million and selling some of their dozen mids to other clubs. Perhaps a CL exit and Barca winning the league can prompt a similar bid from Madrid or likewise PSG but I'd guess Paul doesn't want Ligue 1.
I just saw this..if true it maybe his own agents fault.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
I just saw this..if true it maybe his own agents fault.

I feel more and more that he could end up signing a new contract here. Actually not sure how I feel about it if he were to sign it. No doubting his ability but I honestly wonder if he could negatively affect the positive chemistry we're building in this team.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I don't think it helps having an agent behaving like Raiola. It doesn't reflect well on Pogba and could be a big turn-off for potential suitors.

redshaw

This is it, as good as he is ability wise, this is going to flare up again if he stays and we're not challenging very soon or hit a bad spell. He wants to be in a team that is already up there as one of the world's top players and his age is getting critical. As much as I would've like him to be committed and for things to have worked out better, it might best for him to move on and get his ready to go house instead of this one that still needs fixing. We don't need that fecking sack of shit Raiola speaking before crucial games on his behalf again.

Trouble is if no 80-90m bids come in it's a difficult situation. I'm not sure I'd want United extending the deal, let him run out his last year and he still has a decent amount time left. I'd be considerate enough to do that. Could be a bit like Eriksen where they just don't want to spend on him or send us any decent amount of money, activating another year just means those who don't want to pay at least 80/90m will wait a year longer. Two more years of half arsed Pogba is 30 million in wages.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If we were mad enough to offer him a new deal it should only be on the basis that Raiola is out.