Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coops73

Ole disagreed funnily enough. I'm with Ole without Pogba our attacks just wouldn't if happened. His out ball was very good.

Also he ran more than he has ever run that game so......
Like I said, it’s just my opinion. Ole’s comments are, I believe, not really telling the whole truth, they are there to keep him sweet, he must see how poor and unproductive he’s been for several games and all this Madrid bullshit whether fed by Pogba, his agent or Madrid themselves has clearly piqued Ole’s and indeed the boards interest, don’t be surprised to see a new contract offer very soon yet at a time when I feel he doesn’t really deserve it.

He’s got 3 years or something like that left on his contract, get your fecking head down and earn it, don’t just look at the club as a wounded animal to take advantage of and as for this “running” stat that gets wheeled out these days doesn’t really say much to me, you should be fecking running about on a football pitch, surely it’s what you do and the positions you take up at the end of them that counts.

I don’t dislike Pogba, far from it but I think sometimes he believes his own hype and in professional football that can be a dangerous thing, not just for the individuals career but for a teams performance in general, you can’t rest on your laurels for one minute, especially at a club like United because it won’t go unnoticed.

But like I said just my opinion and just the way I saw it on Wednesday night.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Really happy with this if true. If United want to become great again, they need to convince top players that there future lies here in a team surrounded by other top talents and that the club can fulfil their ambition. Get both Pogs and Dave signed up as leaders of Ole’s reign and others will want to follow. Both can still improve, but they are without a doubt the two players in our squad that are in the discussion for being world class.

GM K

Pogba's show huh
Manchester United, Juventus, Real and others clubs want Pogba.

But no one want Mourinho and the circus around him. It is clear as the day that Mourinho was the problem. Everybody is avoiding him like a virus. The guy is finished, even Olympique Lyonnais don't want him...Olympique Lyonnais ! :lol:
I was not talking about Mourinho and Manchester United. And whether or not he is finished is a different story. I wish him luck on that. If he bungles his career, he will have only himself to blame.

I meant Mourinho and Pogba with my focus being on Pogba. People here believed the drama around him was instigated and sustained by Mourinho. Well, apparently, after Mourinho left, not much has changed. There are still rumours of his departure, he is still making controversial comments to the press and most importantly, he is still being inconsistent in his play.

We all know how good he can be. He showed that for several weeks after Jose left. That's the Paul Pogba we want to see week in, week out. Right now the news and rumours around him and his inconsistency are getting really tiring.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
He wants a bumper deal and this is the way to squeeze out the absolute max from a frankly desperate United board.

We cannot afford to lose our one top outfield player. The only star quality player we have.

We seem to find it very difficult to sign top players. I think every club will in 2019.

The club know that. I expect him to sign the biggest PL contract ever.

Robboadam31

Even leaving the goal to the side, he’s having a good game so far.

Fluid and making the right passes. This is what we wanna see if he’s gonna be our talisman.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
:lol:

Mate, I'm just trying to help you out. You want to sound like an idiot while making up new words just to disrespect the achievements of one of our players, go right ahead.
Feel free to ignore my posts from now.

Beaucoup

As long as the money's right, would anyone even care if he feck's off to Madrid?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
As long as the money's right, would anyone even care if he feck's off to Madrid?
I would. There is no chance we could replace him adequatly. People tend to forget quickly that he is by far our best player despite his flaws

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'll answer that with another question...

If Pogba were to go to Real does anyone believe he'll do for them what we hoped he'd do for us?

When we signed Pogba I warned those who would listen at the time he wasn't the player to build a side around, more of a very good cog in the wheel so to speak. 3 years later and not a lot has seemingly changed so if he were to go to Madrid it's my opinion that at the highest level they'd still need better players around him and unless there's a career renaissance from Kroos/Modric that means Madrid signing more midfielders than just Pogba

Rolaholic

I would. There is no chance we could replace him adequatly. People tend to forget quickly that he is by far our best player despite his flaws
I doubt that we'd be able to adequately replace Herrera,let alone Pogba

Kag

Fully expect him to act the goat this summer. It’s a difficult position for the club to be in, however, you suspect that the United move was always the next step before a move to Spain.

The only player on the market that could in any way replace his output from midfield would be Coutinho.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Let him leave for 150/170M.

Then buy Saul Niguez and Ruben Neves for 150 and invest 50 more on Rice. Then we ll have a better midfield trio than what we have currently.

We will not have CL next season so just get a good fee for him. And hopefully he leaves early June like that we ll have time to replace him

Drz

Hum... hard one. I was of the same opinion as @charlenefan.
Given the gaps in our team, I don't see the point of keeping a "confidence" player that doesn't want to be here.
That said, given Raiola is his agent, I'd defo say squeeze'm for every penny possible.

Last edited:

Lemur

Then buy Saul Niguez and Ruben Neves for 150 and invest 50 more on Rice. Then we ll have a better midfield trio than what we have currently.

We will not have CL next season so just get a good fee for him. And hopefully he leaves early June like that we ll have time to replace him
Must have a high fever, none of those midfielders are better than what we currently have.

Saul is not even the best midfielder in his position at Atletico Madrid.

RoyH1

Raiola milking for a new deal. We're going to end up Pogba Messi money at this rate.

MetoTTT

I hope if he has to go, we will buy 2 midfielders before he leaves. If not we will be in Barca's situation when they've sold Neymar. Every club will ask for unreal money for every player we want to sign.

van Nistelrooy

Really happy with this if true. If United want to become great again, they need to convince top players that there future lies here in a team surrounded by other top talents and that the club can fulfil their ambition. Get both Pogs and Dave signed up as leaders of Ole’s reign and others will want to follow. Both can still improve, but they are without a doubt the two players in our squad that are in the discussion for being world class.
Pogba is too lazy and inconsistent to be world class.

Don't cry about it.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Yep and that's why clubs like Real madrid is chasing after him..
I wonder why they didn't ask for anyone else..
Barca chased and then paid for Coutinho. Even agreed to all sorts of ridiculous clauses.

RoyH1

Barca chased and then paid for Coutinho. Even agreed to all sorts of ridiculous clauses.
Terrible purchase by Barsa and Liverpool is all the better for it.

Pogba would have a horrible time in Madrid. He should really think long and hard about it. The fans there turn on their own faster than at any other big club in Europe. We know how hot and cold his performances are. He'd be foreign, expensive, with a huge salary and replacing a Bernabeu legend like Modric. That's a recipe for disaster for him if you ask me.

jesperjaap

No doubting his ability....but several of our high cost purchases Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, Martial....we are talking £250-300m worth of talent there

jesperjaap

Terrible purchase by Barsa and Liverpool is all the better for it.

Pogba would have a horrible time in Madrid. He should really think long and hard about it. The fans there turn on their own faster than at any other big club in Europe. We know how hot and cold his performances are. He'd be foreign, expensive, with a huge salary and replacing a Bernabeu legend like Modric. That's a recipe for disaster for him if you ask me.
Absolutely, the amount of players he isnt even fit to lace the boots of that have been booed there. If he played with the consistency he does here, he wouldnt last two years at Madrid

Wilt

Genuinely think Pogba wants out. It’s really a shame but I think we should let him go while he’s still in demand.

redshaw

When we signed him there were lots of posts saying they'd be happy to get 3 years out of him and sell him on. It was called a win win especially with how he was playing at the time for Juve.

3 years is almost up and it's not quite worked out. Jose mistakenly tried to mold him into an all encompassing midfielder, the project Pogba was sold on went pear shaped.

We never got enough players in of his talent level. His friends Lingard and Lukaku actually become a problem as they're not good enough, nor Rashford right now. Pogba is still setting up these guys but they can't finish or play the ball back, he's a luxury creator.

The best link up I've seen was Ibra and Pogba, two top talented players. It stood out by a mile. I think he'd do great elsewhere but could go tits up if they don't get a strong team around him which I'm sure they will do.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
No need for crystal ball to figure that Pogba's future is going to be a "could have been..." player.

Walters_19_MuFc

Unfortunately, I can't see Pogba being here for much longer. He's hitting his peak years now and I can't see him waiting around for us to rebuild, which will take around three years. With Madrid sniffing around, he'll probably end up there, especially now that Zidane has gone back. That, and they need somewhat of a rebuild too.

Bought him for 90M and if we sell within the next year or so, we'll make a profit. In this day and age, I can imagine he'll be priced at about 150M.

If we do sell him, we need to sign a top class replacement.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
simply not good enough. nowhere near world class. sell him and use money to get de light

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Unfortunately, I can't see Pogba being here for much longer. He's hitting his peak years now and I can't see him waiting around for us to rebuild, which will take around three years. With Madrid sniffing around, he'll probably end up there, especially now that Zidane has gone back. That, and they need somewhat of a rebuild too.

Bought him for 90M and if we sell within the next year or so, we'll make a profit. In this day and age, I can imagine he'll be priced at about 150M.

If we do sell him, we need to sign a top class replacement.
I think you mean fortunately he wont be here much longer! He's a liability

Aloysius's Back 3

Problem here is that Pogba is a key player for us.

Is not that for France who have many other players sharing the responsibility & likewise back when he was playing for Juventus.

The key player at United - ie one of the few players with technical ability has gotten to his head and made him bigger than he is not only to himself but the fans too.

If we want to keep him we need better players around him and then stick him back as a CM in a midfield 2 - telling him that he has absolutely no excuses not to do the dirty work of a midfielder as he does for France next to kante.

If he is too big for his boots and wants to play this free role then let the lad go and get some hard working players in midfield to replace him whilst attempting to rebuild the squad to have some technical abilities spread out.

Walters_19_MuFc

I think you mean fortunately he wont be here much longer! He's a liability
No, I definately meant unfortunately.

In the three seasons he's been here, we've not really built a team of quality around him.

Everything doesnt revolve around Pogba, but he's coming from a team in Juventus who were winning titles and challenging for the CL. He came to United to do the same and that hasnt happened, mainly due to the reasons I mentioned.

If we were winning major trophies, he wouldnt have a reason to leave.

Yes, I get his inconsistent - our whole team is. Stats dont lie, though and currently, despite Mourinho managing for half the season, Pogba still has fantastic stats. Be very hard to find someone to replicate that.