Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
He’s our most talented player by a lot, maybe the most talented midfielder in the world but off the pitch this season he’s been a disgrace.

None of Mourinho’s excused the garbage he was coming out with early in the season and the fact that he’s still flirting with other clubs even when Ole is clearly doing everything to accommodate him is just a testament to his character. This is the crunch part of the season and here is talking Real Madrid, a club that might be in a worse state than we are. Don’t give me this shit about what else he said in the interview – There was no need for this “dream club” bullshit at all. Just say your happy, focused on the season and shut up.

If the right offer comes in (£120m-150m) range then we should take it. He’s still got consistency issues for all his talent and isn’t worth the drama he brings, particularly if a less accommodating manager shows up when it will probably all kick off again.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I don't think he will go but yeah there would be plenty of suitors for him but we are in a strong position contract wise and if we spend well he wont be in a rush to leave.
Just out of curiosity how much would you believe Salah to be worth if Real came in for him? Not trying to go off thread topic just find it interesting how much fans believe their star players to be.
I have absolutely no idea. Like with Pogba, he's very marketable, but while his numbers are still decent, his performances have been sub-par for a good chunk of the season. He's likely a player that we'll put too high a prize on for anyone to buy, even if he isn't necessarily worth it. If that makes any sense..

OldTrevil

Overrated, do not want, far better muppet signings out there, I say we build the whole damn thing on Milinkovic Savic

JohnnyKills

CR7 has said similar things back when Fergie was here. Hazard has mentioned the same multiple times. These things does happen all the time to all quality players.

My only question , this has never happened for City players. Aguero, KDB,Silva all should have been poached by the Spanish giants by now . Something fishy between the owners ?
As we said yesterday, there's no telling how much they're getting paid at City, and what benefits they're getting to be there.

Football Leaks showed they lied about Mancini's wage and City didn't even bother contesting it. Who knows what the players are getting from shelf companies and payments in kind.

Snafu17

He had the same rhetoric at Juventus so that's nothing new. He's a Raiola client so I doubt he'll stay more than five or six years, but there's not much in these comments. We'll not be selling him this summer, unless he kicks up an extraordinary amount of fuss, which I doubt he will, not yet anyway.

Matty7

This one needs to be sorted before the season starts either by giving him a new contract, or selling him. Otherwise this will drag which will cause more harm than good.

Sadly I can see this coming up all summer. Same with De Gea .We really need to be more proactive with our contract renewals with our key players. I don't get why we have been letting them run so they only have 1/2 years left.

Jeffthered

This is an incredible thread... what do we think, that players are not allowed to express their thoughts. He has said what nearly every footballer on the planet would say 'Real Madrid is a dream club... but he is happy...'.

The guy LEFT Juventus to RETURN to United... played under the most divisive, uninspiring manager we probably have EVER HAD, who called Pogba a VIRUS and some on here STILL have a go at Paul Pogba!! He is enjoying playing under Ole! And, by the way, he is playing tremendously well!

What more do some want from him?

This is not Fifa Playstation, where you can pick players, move them around, look at a few stats, buy, sell..

I do not want Pogba to leave, ever, but I can understand that he may wish to play and live in another massive footballing city one day.. who wouldn't, he's a young man?

Man United are always bigger than any individual..player, manager, Chief Exec etc ok.

This is why I say we need two or three stellar signings around him and DDG. We need it, and the club expects it. Get rid of a fair few and get some new top players in.

ArjenIsM3

Overrated, do not want, far better muppet signings out there, I say we build the whole damn thing on Milinkovic Savic

Nah mate we don't need Pogba or SMS. We have the next Scholes and Keane already at the club in Pereira and McTominay. No worries.

Am I doing this right?

poleglass red

Such a frustrating figure, on one hand he is saying make Ole permanent manager and on the other Real is a dream club. You are on international duty, STFU and concentrate on your countries game. Statements like this just feed the press. As good as he's been under Ole, his last few games v PSG 1st leg, Arsenal and Wolves have been very poor. I like him but man is he an unlikable character. Is he being told to say this by his agent, possibly, but do we really want this soap opera bollix everytime he opens his mouth. Making these deliberately provocative statements if your coming of a few worldies is still frustrating but coming over his recent bad performances just compounds it. Get your head down, keep quiet and get back to your match winning performances when Ole first came in.

Jeffthered

Such a frustrating figure, on one hand he is saying make Ole permanent manager and on the other Real is a dream club. You are on international duty, STFU and concentrate on your countries game. Statements like this just feed the press. As good as he's been under Ole, his last few games v PSG 1st leg, Arsenal and Wolves have been very poor. I like him but man is he an unlikable character. Is he being told to say this by his agent, possibly, but do we really want this soap opera bollix everytime he opens his mouth. Making these deliberately provocative statements if your coming of a few worldies is still frustrating but coming over his recent bad performances just compounds it. Get your head down, keep quiet and get back to your match winning performances when Ole first came in.
This is the issue. Everyone is a flaming' authority. Why not let him feel free to speak?

It's the media's fascination (for some it seems, complete fascination....) with Pogba that is the problem. The guy hardly said much at all. Pogba could take his dog for a walk and someone would comment adversely about it.

poleglass red

This is the issue. Everyone is a flaming' authority. Why not let him feel free to speak?

It's the media's fascination (for some it seems, complete fascination....) with Pogba that is the problem. The guy hardly said much at all. Pogba could take his dog for a walk and someone would comment adversely about it.
It's not the media's fascination though, it's coming directly from Pogba's own mouth and it causes issues within some of our own fan base. Why is he even referencing this whilst on international duty. He's been around long enough to know how the spin will be on him referencing Real as a dream club when they've been linked with him in the past. We know Real will spend big in the summer, they have a French legend back again managing. No-one is trying to curtail his free speech, but you'd like to think he'd use some common sense. Is he looking a pay rise, is he shopping himself around. There is a time and a place for that. Play your game for France, finish your season with your club. Real will still be a dream club when the season is over

Rista

Even when talking about us it's "for now". No matter how hard people are trying to defend this, he just could have avoided the dreaming about Real stuff and said "I'm happy". We're not West Ham FFS. At least when he goes we'll probably get good money for him. He might be our best player but he isn't consistent enough to be irreplaceable.

Judas

Open to offers
Even when talking about us it's "for now". No matter how hard people are trying to defend this, he just could have avoided the dreaming about Real stuff and said "I'm happy". We're not West Ham FFS. At least when he goes we'll probably get good money for him. He might be our best player but he isn't consistent enough to be irreplaceable.
My trust in us replacing Pogba well is close to none unfortunately. Maybe I'm still nervous after how we spent the Ronaldo money, ten bloody years ago.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Fans can be arguably worse.
Yep, indeed...

I mean, our club's all time leading goalscorer and all time legend, Wayne Rooney, got massive amounts of grief from certain posters on here, over an isolated incident, that was cleared up in a day or two.
Whilst the same posters on here, who gave Rooney grief, are making excuses for Pogba's constant flirting with other clubs, his willingness to join City and are blaming the club, Mourinho and I'm sure will blame Olé soon enough for it all...

Not pointing any fingers or anything, not for me to do...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Speaking about other clubs like that is tiresome.

Sounds like a 'come and get me', or at least a 'pay me more and I'll shut up for 12 months'.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yep, indeed...

I mean, our club's all time leading goalscorer and all time legend, Wayne Rooney, got massive amounts of grief from certain posters on here, over an isolated incident, that was cleared up in a day or two.
Whilst the same posters on here, who gave Rooney grief, are making excuses for Pogba's constant flirting with other clubs, his willingness to join City and are blaming the club, Mourinho and I'm sure will blame Olé soon enough for it all...

Not pointing any fingers or anything, not for me to do...
Come on man, point them already :D
As far as I'm concerned, I'm a big cynic, I never expect world class players to last forever at our club so each season is sort of a blessing.

The Irish Connection

Ole should, and wouldn’t be surprised if he did, if asked, come out and say United are an equally big club and a dream for most, and that him and Beckham wished they had more time here in response to pogbas comments. Of course, you have to be careful as well to not get on the wrong side of him again.
We have lost better players before, but i don’t think he’ll be going anywhere for another while yet unless we get a massive offer.

Negan

If they want him, we shouldn’t bend over like we did with Ronaldo. They have the cash and I’d be wanting Varane and possibly Isco as part of the deal.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's 26 now so we really are running out of his best days.

Someone will storm into a reply

ravi2

I dont blame Pogba at all, if you read the whole quote what he is saying essentially is that he wants to be on a team that is capable of winning titles and right now we are not at the top tier level. If Woodward and the board dont invest and ensure this team has a real chance of winning things next season, why should Pobga waste his peak years here when there are other teams out there that show real ambition?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
And people were speculating about which of our rivals' players Real would come after. Pogba would be top of Zidane's agenda.:lol:

Anyway, I hope Zidane flops like hell next season without Ronaldo and Real remain in their current state. If we can hang on to Pogba this summer, that would be the ideal scenario.
Eh? Not losing players you want to keep is the base case scenario.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I thought Pogba was all about Barca. Don't want him in Madrid.
Today he changed Madrid for Barsa.
The problem is that really only Hazard has moved to come here. De Ligt, Ney, Pogba have been flirting with Barcelona to a greater or lesser extent.

RMD83

I’m afraid this is the side of pogba I don’t like. For those who are clinging on to it being taken out of context, it is but also isn’t. It’s a stupid, unprofessional thing to say. He is well trained as are all top players in how to deal with the media. Saying that playing for Madrid and zidane is a dream, be it his dream or a dream for players in general, just whips up the media attention that he wants. He was captain last week for Christ sake. He is trained to deflect questions like this not fuel them.

ForestRGoinUp

Really could care less if he went, as long as we got good money for him, I don't get the hype, when he is good he is worth having the rest of the time he is a liability would rather move Lingard into his position and get a decent right winger so that we have balance.

No doubt we need some top class players bringing in in the summer, would happily see Pogba out as part of that influx in, the only issue losing Pogba is his prestiege and publicity, Utd need to have players that foriegn and part time fans can hook onto to pump the share price up
:houllier:

gaucho_10

Today he changed Madrid for Barsa.
The problem is that really only Hazard has moved to come here. De Ligt, Ney, Pogba have been flirting with Barcelona to a greater or lesser extent.
Pogba is good but I don't think Florentino want's to deal with his manager and I just can't see the club spending crazy money on a CM considering we're stacked in central midfield while we really need a CB, a Hazard and a 30 goal a season striker. We signed Militao so there's another 200 mil € or more to spend for the other two. We will sell a few players but the club will surely try to spend the money wisely considering the planned stadium renovation.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Come on man, point them already :D
As far as I'm concerned, I'm a big cynic, I never expect world class players to last forever at our club so each season is sort of a blessing.
I'm a cynic, too, but it's weird that we are when we've probably only ever lost one world class player that we've wanted to keep in Ronaldo.

There's Stam and Beckham, but we were more than happy to let them go as Sir Alex deemed them expendable, and Tevez was not only deemed expendable, he was never at his best here anyway.