Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sterling Archer

Italian media are reporting that Pogba's return to Juventus is all but finalised. Seems credible.
Really surprised Raiola would take him back to a second rate league. Could also be that Solskjaer is done with him and pushing for the departure if it means bringing in more of the players he wants.

If he goes, I stand by the virus comments.

Jib

Really surprised Raiola would take him back to a second rate league. Could also be that Solskjaer is done with him and pushing for the departure if it means bringing in more of the players he wants.

More like Pogba is done with this team. He already wanted to leave last summer and we begged him to stay.

George The Best

Isn’t Raiola banned? Surely he won’t let this happen if there’s nothing in it for him?

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Watch everyone come to their senses once he's actually gone though... He is our only outfield player that top teams would want and he's being hounded out by our own fans.

The same fans who clap the team off after endless embarrassing results, accept Young as captain, chuckle brothers in defence, McTominay & Lingard running around like headless chickens & Rashford hitting free-kicks into row Z because "Passion! They get United! Brexit!" think Pogba is the problem?

You couldn't make it up. The collective fanbase is thick as pig ####. They deserve to be rinsed by the Glazers.

peridigm

I saw a tweet linking Jose with the Juve job. No way Pogba goes to Juve if he's there and vice versa.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Watch everyone come to their senses once he's actually gone though... He is our only outfield player that top teams would want and he's being hounded out by our own fans.

The same fans who clap the team off after endless embarrassing results, accept Young as captain, chuckle brothers in defence, McTominay & Lingard running around like headless chickens & Rashford hitting free-kicks into row Z because "Passion! They get United! Brexit!" think Pogba is the problem?

You couldn't make it up. The collective fanbase is thick as pig ####. They deserve to be rinsed by the Glazers.
Not thinking Pogba is the right fit does not suddenly mean we want McTominay and Lingard as first team starters.

Canagel

Agree.

Red00012

Totally agree, Pogba gets abuse while we accept mediocre performances from the “local lads”

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Not thinking Pogba is the right fit does not suddenly mean we want McTominay and Lingard as first team starters.
Why isn't Pogba the right fit?

Hypothetically even if you assume so, he's our only top level outfield player so shouldn't the rest of the team be fixed before him?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why isn't Pogba the right fit?

Hypothetically even if you assume so, he's our only top level outfield player so shouldn't the rest of the team be fixed before him?
Because we bought him to take us to the next level, to lift the team when they are down and inspire others. We've got about 3 months of consistent form from him since he's joined and he's since been paid far more than his performances deserve, uses press interviews to flirt with his desires to leave and has too much dressing room influence than he deserves. Pick any reason.

If we sold and used his funds to buy say, Neves/Rabiot/Bruno, we'd get an entire midfield that would be more capable, productive, hard working and better balanced than our entire midfield was with him involved.

I also don't buy the notion that top clubs want him for the price we stupidly rate him at. As a player he's not worth £100m, which is why no club has made the bid for him or even inquired as much. It's reported that Zidane likes him but the Real higher ups aren't sold on him as a player. I am unsure who else would really bid for him. Most clubs have better sense than to slap so much on one man who doesn't have consistent form to show for it.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Because we bought him to take us to the next level, to lift the team when they are down and inspire others. We've got about 3 months of consistent form from him since he's joined and he's since been paid far more than his performances deserve, uses press interviews to flirt with his desires to leave and has too much dressing room influence than he deserves. Pick any reason.

If we sold and used his funds to buy say, Neves/Rabiot/Bruno, we'd get an entire midfield that would be more capable, productive, hard working and better balanced than our entire midfield was with him involved.
That's just conjecture and gossip. I disagree strongly that Pogba does not inspire the players around him. Who do they look to when the #### hits the fan? Pogba. He seemed fine leading France to World Cup victory.

Since when does one player carry a whole team though? We see on a regular basis Messi's struggles with Argentina. It's fantasy.

If anyone expected Pogba to be able to carry this team to titles on his own then they're deluded.

Any one player is set up to fail in Pogba's position in this team. You put whoever you like in his position and they will struggle. The rest of the team struggle to even play football, let alone be competitive. We fill the team with more players around Pogba's level and we'll be succesful.

A replaced midfield 3 most likely would be stronger than Pogba on his own. Football is a team game, so you're right but I would argue we can just get any of those 2 players and put them alongside Pogba and we'll be even stronger. We don't need to lose him at all if we have strong enough ambitions.

We're rich enough. We call ourselves the biggest club in the world. We should start building a team worthy of the name and maybe then, our best players won't want to jump ship at the first chance they get.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That's just conjecture and gossip. I disagree strongly that Pogba does not inspire the players around him. Who do they look to when the #### hits the fan? Pogba. He seemed fine leading France to World Cup victory.

Since when does one player carry a whole team though? We see on a regular basis Messi's struggles with Argentina. It's fantasy.

Any one player is set up to fail in Pogba's position in this team. You put whoever you like in his position and they will struggle. We fill the team with more players around Pogba's level and we'll be succesful.

You have hit the nail on the head about a replaced midfield 3 being stronger than Pogba on his own. Football is a team game, so you're right but I would argue we can just get any of those 2 players and put them alongside Pogba and we'll be even stronger.

We're rich enough. We call ourselves the biggest club in the world. We should start building a team worthy of the name and maybe then, our best players won't want to jump ship at the first chance they get.
It's not gossip, how is it gossip? He's gone out to the media to give cryptic messages while in a United shirt. He is widely reported to want to go to Real. It can't all be gossip just because you don't like the sound of it.

Also, feck the World Cup. It was 4 out of 7 games he played well in. It doesn't correlate to club form, its the most annoying argument to clutch at when trying to defend his performances in a United shirt when club consistency goes beyond a handful of games. When we were getting dicked on by City, Everton heck, Huddersfield or Cardiff none of our players were turning to Paul for leadership or inspiration. I saw hands on hips from him after goals were let in and I saw Victor Lidelof running to each player and hyping them up to get smarter.

And I'm not buying this rubbish about buying more players at Pogba's level. His level isn't even that high. My gripe with him is down to individual performances. I can see what he does week in week out and it's only brilliant 1/3 of the time of the year which is no way near good enough. You strip him out and bring in 3 hard working technical engines that all compliment each other, and it's a better output for the team.

One player isn't meant to "carry" the team alone, but he's meant to be one of the few we can count on when our back is pressed against the wall. He is far, far from that. Sometimes he's great but most the time he's sticking his arse out doing some sort of chicken jog around the pitch. His pressing is bizzare, his quick interchanges are no way near frequent enough and he seems to prefer shielding the ball and dragging his foot over to show off instead of actually increasing the tempo of our play. These things have the square root of feck all about lack of quality around him. The excuses are tiresome - before he wasn't played in his preferred position on the left of midfield, then it was Jose holding him back, and now that Ole has him in his element and freedom it's because he lacks talent around him. Feck that. If he belonged in a galactico team there would have been a genuine bid for him by PSG or Real at the time of purchase from Juventus, but Ed Woodward was the only clown to go balls deep into it. He might get some value from selling him given how the market has inflated in the past 3 years, but I'd be surprised - as already mentioned I can't think of a club that will stump £100m for Paul Pogba.

It's there for all to see even the ex players have mentioned it in their analysis.

Last edited:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
It's not gossip, how is it gossip? He's gone out to the media to give cryptic messages while in a United shirt. He is widely reported to want to go to Real. It can't all be gossip just because you don't like the sound of it.

Also, feck the World Cup. It was 4 out of 7 games he played well in. It doesn't correlate to club form, its the most annoying argument to clutch at when trying to defend his performances in a United shirt when club consistency goes beyond a handful of games.

And I'm not buying this rubbish about buying more players at Pogba's level. His level isn't even that high. My gripe with him is down to individual performances. I can see what he does week in week out and it's only brilliant 1/3 of the time of the year which is no way near good enough. You strip him out and bring in 3 hard working engines and it's a better output for the team.

One player isn't meant to "carry" the team alone, but he's meant to be one of the few we can count on when our back is pressed against the wall. He is far, far from that. Sometimes he's great but most the time he's sticking his arse out doing some sort of chicken jog around the pitch. His pressing is bizzare, his quick interchanges are no way near frequent enough and he seems to prefer shielding the ball and dragging his foot over to show off instead of actually increasing the tempo of our play. These things have the square root of feck all about lack of quality around him. The excuses are tiresome - before he wasn't played in his preferred position on the left of midfield, then it was Jose holding him back, and now that Ole has him in his element and freedom it's because he lacks talent around him. Feck that.

It's there for all to see even the ex players have mentioned it in their analysis.
The gossip is talking about him having a negative influence on the dressing room. You don't know that. I don't blame him for wanting to go to Real. One club talks a big game off the pitch whilst the other proves it on the pitch. That's our own fault.

You're the one saying he doesn't do that. The world cup is still relevant because it showed him inspiring others around him. So you never saw him inspiring multiple comebacks for us over the past year or so?

I think Pogba has the tendency to hold onto the ball because he knows, if he doesn't try and do something, who else is going to do it? The rest of them hide with hardly any movement ahead of him, no wonder he holds onto it. If we had a competitive team, then i'm sure we would see less of that because he would be able to relax and trust them.

If what you're saying is true, then why are Real, Juve, (whatever top team better than us) even after him then?

Let's not get it twisted, Ole gave him freedom and he was absolutely amazing. It was only after the rest of the team fell apart and he had to move deeper to try & help the team that his performances declined.

I don't care to listen to any of the ex-players or pundits. They are all full of rubbish for me.

Ban

The gossip is talking about him having a negative influence on the dressing room. You don't know that. I don't blame him for wanting to go to Real. One club talks a big game off the pitch whilst the other proves it on the pitch. That's our own fault.

You're the one saying he doesn't do that. The world cup is still relevant because it showed him inspiring others around him. So you never saw him inspiring multiple comebacks for us over the past year or so?

I think Pogba has the tendency to hold onto the ball because he knows, if he doesn't try and do something, who else is going to do it? The rest of them hide with hardly any movement ahead of him, no wonder he holds onto it. If we had a competitive team, then i'm sure we would see less of that because he would be able to relax and trust them.

If what you're saying is true, then why are Real, Juve, (whatever top team better than us) even after him then?

Let's not get it twisted, Ole gave him freedom and he was absolutely amazing. It was only after the rest of the team fell apart and he had to move deeper to try & help the team that his performances declined.

I don't care to listen to any of the ex-players or pundits. They are all full of rubbish for me.
Is anything he does wrong? Anything even a small thing. Ah right, even if he does it isn't his fault.
What are those comeback he inspired you're talking about?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

He's hidden in more games than he's inspired which is my point. World Cup means feck all because it's not in a United shirt. He has different motivations for his country than he does for his club, it's pretty obvious to see.

You can switch off from players who have played in the game to know what they are talking about, and you are free to have your own opinion. I have explained why I don't rate him and you've clearly disagreed, giving a circumstantial reason for every negative point he has. He's clearly void of any criticism for you so there's little value discussing it further. To your bold point I'll just ask - are they after him? Like, there's being interested and then there's being "£100m plus? feck that" interested. It appears to be the latter because he's not worth that in any world. I haven't seen any official bid or formal offer put to our club for his services. The last time another club did they thought 80m was too much for him.

Is anything he does wrong? Anything even a small thing. Ah right, even if he does it isn't his fault.
What are those comeback he inspired you're talking about?
Clearly not. Even when I point at how he individually fecks with the ball it's because "he is the only person trying something" :lol:

Ban

He's hounded out cause one fan abused him? Don't make things up and make pointless generalizations.

Ban

Clearly not. Even when I point at how he individually fecks with the ball it's because "he is the only person trying something" :lol:
You couldn't make it up. Mopes around the pitch cause other players are shit. Holds onto the ball cause he doesn't have anyone to pass to. He can do no wrong.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He's hidden in more games than he's inspired which is my point. World Cup means feck all because it's not in a United shirt. He has different motivations for his country than he does for his club, it's pretty obvious to see.

You can switch off from players who have played in the game to know what they are talking about, and you are free to have your own opinion. I have explained why I don't rate him and you've clearly disagreed, giving a circumstantial reason for every negative point he has. He's clearly void of any criticism for you so there's little value discussing it further. To your bold point I'll just ask - are they after him? Like, there's being interested and then there's being "£100m plus? feck that" interested. It appears to be the latter because he's not worth that in any world. I haven't seen any official bid or formal offer put to our club for his services. The last time another club did they thought 80m was too much for him
You can think that, it's fine. My whole pov is that there are bigger things to fix in the team/club before Pogba is criticized for holding onto the ball too long.
We'll see, i will be amazed if he's not gone by the end of this summer. I believe any team who can afford Pogba will be after him. Top players don't grow on trees.

He's hounded out cause one fan abused him? Don't make things up and make pointless generalizations.
He's been scapegoated and bashed from pillar to post by the media/Gary Neville/fans all season. Mourinho got the fans to turn against him. I must have dreamed all that. The person abusing him at the last match was just the icing on the cake.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You can think that, it's fine.
We'll see, i will be amazed if he's not gone by the end of this summer. I believe any team who can afford Pogba will be after him. Top players don't grow on trees.

He's been scapegoated and bashed from pillar to post by the media/Gary Neville/fans all season. Mourinho got the fans to turn against him. I must have dreamed all that. The person abusing him at the last match was just the icing on the cake.
Bashed from pillar to post :lol:

I can agree that there is one pundit that is guilty of it (Souness) but everyone else has broadly said he's not been good enough. Also Mourinho didn't do shit, a lot of us thought he was disappointing well before any rift between between them (I didn't actually think he was worth £80m as a player the day we signed him so hey ho).

Ban

What fans are that? What media is that? Nodody can question him in any way? Is he a perfect player? Bashing and scapegoating are made up. Don't exaggerate to such an extent. Mourinho is gone, Ole is here and he stills want to leave and doesn't put a shift. Granted he's not the only one who doesn't care but he shouldn't be excused with about 100 random excuses.
What about those comebacks he inspired?

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Bashed from pillar to post :lol:

I can agree that there is one pundit that is guilty of it (Souness) but everyone else has broadly said he's not been good enough. Also Mourinho didn't do shit, a lot of us thought he was disappointing well before any rift between between them (I didn't actually think he was worth £80m as a player the day we signed him so hey ho).
Watching Utd is sleep inducing these days. We're as dull as dishwater the majority of the time. The only player who provides any sort of flair and excitement is Pogba now that Martial has gone awol. I can't imagine how boring we would be if he went. I think the criticism he gets is way over the top and the real issues (Glazers, Woody, rubbish team) are not discussed enough instead. What did you expect when he came though? He was one player. He should have been followed by several more talented players but it's all been on his shoulders. That's what i take the most issue with.

I was completely different to you. I thought £80 million was a bargain at the time. It must be just different skill sets people prefer but i have no problem thinking he would go to Real and be a raving success there.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
What about those comebacks he inspired?
He was heavily involved in the big comebacks vs Man City away and Newcastle at home where we were 2-0 down at half-time. He's had many leading performances vs the rest of the top 6 just this season. Spurs, Chelsea & Arsenal. Under Ole.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Watching Utd is sleep inducing these days. We're as dull as dishwater the majority of the time. The only player who provides any sort of flair and excitement is Pogba now that Martial has gone awol. I can't imagine how boring we would be if he went. I think the criticism he gets is way over the top and the real issues (Glazers, Woody, rubbish team) are not discussed enough instead. What did you expect when he came though? He was one player. He should have been followed by several more talented players but it's all been on his shoulders. That's what i take the most issue with.

I was completely different to you. I thought £80 million was a bargain at the time. It must be just different skill sets people prefer but i have no problem thinking he would go to Real and be a raving success there.
In the last 2-3 months of the season, Pogba literally did nothing to get any of us off our seat. Just like the rest of the squad. He's not the reason we are so boring but he's also not the sole key to us being enjoyable to watch. We will be enjoyable to watch when we bring in players who work harder, show more heart, get in behind the defense and recycle the ball quicker. He might be a part of that but it's he is not a necessary cog in such a system. It would be wise to sell him if he wants out.

Ban

He was heavily involved in the big comebacks vs Man City away and Newcastle at home where we were 2-0 down at half-time. He's had many leading performances vs the rest of the top 6 just this season. Spurs, Chelsea & Arsenal. Under Ole.
So that's 2 comebacks in 2 years.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
In the last 2-3 months of the season, Pogba literally did nothing to get any of us off our seat. Just like the rest of the squad. He's not the reason we are so boring but he's also not the sole key to us being enjoyable to watch. We will be enjoyable to watch when we bring in players who work harder, show more heart, get in behind the defense and recycle the ball quicker. He might be a part of that but it's he is not a necessary cog in such a system. It would be wise to sell him if he wants out.
I agree, by that point though the whole team was defeated & were just waiting to be put out of their misery. It was a toxic environment.

I get your point, if we have a proper plan in place, then we can still advance as a team but knowing our past history, it would be such a kick in the teeth of the fans to lose someone like Pogba whilst we're so vulnerable. I don't trust the board one bit to replace him properly.

Last edited:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
So that's 2 comebacks in 2 years.
Why are you being so anal about this? We haven't had many comebacks to begin with recently, but the ones we've had, he has been at the heart of them. I also stated the leading performances he's had vs the top 6 this season. If you want to ignore that, then that's up to you.

Ban

Why are you being so anal about this? We haven't had many comebacks to begin with recently, but the ones we've had, he has been at the heart of them. I also stated the leading performances he's had vs the top 6 this season. If you want to ignore that, then that's up to you.
Anal? :lol: If anyone is anal it's you about Pogba.
Leading performances? He was good but leading performances? Nah, whatever that means. I'm not the one who will say he disappears vs top clubs but on the other hand he could be a lot better vs those.
In any case if he really wants to leave, why keep him. We'll agree that its a big question if we'll replace him but hopefully he'll be an afterthought cause to be honest he hasnt been all that during his time at United.