Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Josh 76

If we got 150m for him. I would take it.
He is the most frustrating player we have had at Utd for a long time.
Has he ever dominated a big game ?
The CL games against Barcalona he will go missing again.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Most frustrating player in a long time? You don't half exagerate do you ?

Jib

Stupid question

Needham

Could dig out the posts saying I was against buying him, but if he goes we truly are back to the drawing board.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Could dig out the posts saying I was against buying him, but if he goes we truly are back to the drawing board.
We're potentially facing losing De Gea, Pogba & Herrera in the summer... How the hell do we come back from that with the Glazers in charge?

Kemizee

It's not massively disrespectful to anyone. At all. Stop making it more than it is. He can say one thing. He can say the other. Either way it means feck all. Reading into this and shitting on Pogba for saying "I'm happy at United especially with Ole but Zidane is also a legend and Real Madrid is a massive club so nobody knows what'll happen in the future long term" is so pedantic. It's the truth for him and any other player. If some overly sensitive fans get upset over a player saying something like that then those fans have to have a look at themselves and relax. It's a statement that says nothing.

Even asking this question to anyone is dumb as feck. Do you like your current job? Are you going to stay there your whole life? Nobody can say "yes" for sure to the second one. They can be happy but nobody knows if they'll stay there forever and there's no point in lying. I'd get more annoyed with those who say they never want to go anywhere because in reality, nobody knows in football. Nobody knows if we'll be competing for trophies 2 years from now, or if we'll still be hovering between 4th-6th. Nobody knows if Pogba himself will be a world class player 2 years from now, or if he'll have a Rooney/Sanchez type decline at 28 and just struggle. Trying to make a thing out of a player saying basically this is basically just highlighting those who just want to complain about every little thing.
Well put. Nothing he said is outrageous. Some people like to over-analyze words.

minoo-utd

This is an incredible thread... what do we think, that players are not allowed to express their thoughts. He has said what nearly every footballer on the planet would say 'Real Madrid is a dream club... but he is happy...'.

The guy LEFT Juventus to RETURN to United... played under the most divisive, uninspiring manager we probably have EVER HAD, who called Pogba a VIRUS and some on here STILL have a go at Paul Pogba!! He is enjoying playing under Ole! And, by the way, he is playing tremendously well!

What more do some want from him?

This is not Fifa Playstation, where you can pick players, move them around, look at a few stats, buy, sell..

I do not want Pogba to leave, ever, but I can understand that he may wish to play and live in another massive footballing city one day.. who wouldn't, he's a young man?

Man United are always bigger than any individual..player, manager, Chief Exec etc ok.

This is why I say we need two or three stellar signings around him and DDG. We need it, and the club expects it. Get rid of a fair few and get some new top players in.
Wearing our badge, then stop fecking flirting with other clubs. We are Man.United and if he thinks it is not enough for him then he should feck off already.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ship Pogba, Herrera and Matic out, and suddenly the one area of the outfield team we thought looked solid, albeit needing some backups is suddenly a massive mess.
Leading to the nth summer in a row we still need centre mids.

Maybe the board thought, hmmm we beat PSG away with McTom, Perreira and Fred, let's use them and make money.

Reddy Rederson

Kinda sick of him to be honest. If he goes, it wont bother me too much. Too inconsistent anyway. We dont need some a player that can do tricks and play great some of the time. We need someone that does the simple things well all of the time.

beingshe7don

Is Raiola touting Pogba to Madrid? I mean he did that last season with Man City. I wouldn't put it past him to go ahead and do that. And if Real come calling with big big money, Ed would sell.

El Zoido

It’s pretty tiresome, but he can’t be replaced. If he’s to leave we must command an enormous fee.

Fluctuation0161

This is an incredible thread... what do we think, that players are not allowed to express their thoughts. He has said what nearly every footballer on the planet would say 'Real Madrid is a dream club... but he is happy...'.

The guy LEFT Juventus to RETURN to United... played under the most divisive, uninspiring manager we probably have EVER HAD, who called Pogba a VIRUS and some on here STILL have a go at Paul Pogba!! He is enjoying playing under Ole! And, by the way, he is playing tremendously well!

What more do some want from him?

This is not Fifa Playstation, where you can pick players, move them around, look at a few stats, buy, sell..

I do not want Pogba to leave, ever, but I can understand that he may wish to play and live in another massive footballing city one day.. who wouldn't, he's a young man?

Man United are always bigger than any individual..player, manager, Chief Exec etc ok.

This is why I say we need two or three stellar signings around him and DDG. We need it, and the club expects it. Get rid of a fair few and get some new top players in.
He doesnt need to talk about other clubs in press conferences. Even if he is thinking of or planning to leave. Its unprofessional.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
He doesnt need to talk about other clubs in press conferences. Even if he is thinking of or planning to leave. Its unprofessional.
This is the reality of modern football. Players are going to talk about other clubs. In fact, it's happened for years. Pogba also said he was happy at United, enjoys working with Ole and has a great relationship with him. Easy to get carried away with the Real Madrid quotes but he's not going anywhere imo.

Infra-red

Its gonna be a long, long summer.
Tbf, it's not like we didn't see this coming - was reported (fairly widely, if memory serves) at the time we signed him that Raiola was the one who'd persuaded Pogba to join us, on the proviso that he'd get him a move to Spain after three years...

I do actually think the club will resist any attempt to get a move this summer, but, as you say, it is likely to become a bit of a saga anyway.

Jib

Tbf Pogba would be stupid to say no to Real Madrid. And it's not like he's the captain or a fan favorite and we aren't a dominant side anymore...

Holocene

He's going nowhere in the summer.

Madrid aren't going to pay £150m for Pogba when they're already going to pay for £100m for Hazard. They need a striker too.

el3mel

I love the confidence some are talking with when they say he won't leave as if they took confirmation from Pogba himself on the phone.

Judas

Open to offers
I love the confidence some are talking with when they say he won't leave as if they took confirmation from Pogba himself on the phone.
You just have to look at it logically though. There's no way Real will come close to matching our valuation, if Pogba even tried to force it. We're in the power position this summer.

I honestly think there's more chance of him signing a new contract than leaving this year.

bushyboy

If you were a top player who's won a WC and needed a CL medal to complete the puzzle, would you stick with Utd or join a club that match your ambition?

Wouldn't blame Pogba or De Gea for jumping a sinking ship.

el3mel

You just have to look at it logically though. There's no way Real will come close to matching our valuation, if Pogba even tried to force it. We're in the power position this summer.

I honestly think there's more chance of him signing a new contract than leaving this year.
So let's see Madrid offered 150m and Pogba asked to leave, but with Raiola pushing for it. Why will we keep a player that wants to leave with such a huge offer? What makes you sure he won't sulk around if you forced him to stay?

The point is we don't know what Pogba or Madrid want. They may or may not be interested and he may or may not want to leave. Talk that confidently about such matters is always weird.

TsuWave

"has he ever dominated a big match?", wtf, people have these weird qualifiers when it comes to Pogba, nevermind the fact that as a squad, United is behind majority of big teams, and still, he consistently comes up with the goods in big games, yet this narrative that he's ineffective in big games keeps being pushed

I'd hate for him to leave but tbh, if I was him, I would. Squad is poor, and a substantial amount of fans seem to always be itching to jump on him, despite him putting up ridiculous numbers in a team/environment that lacks quality. I don't recall many instances in which the star player of a team is an academy graduate yet has such a strained relationship with large segments of the fanbase.

Forum will be full of "should have held on to him" and "could not do it in the epl" when he's lighting up la liga and CL next season.

cyberman

We all know Madrid will go for players nearing the end of their contracts. All of this is Spanish media nonsense

Judas

Open to offers
So let's see Madrid offered 150m and Pogba asked to leave, but with Raiola pushing for it. Why will we keep a player that wants to leave with such a huge offer? What makes you sure he won't sulk around if you forced him to stay?

The point is we don't know what Pogba or Madrid want. They may or may not be interested and he may or may not want to leave. Talk that confidently about such matters is always weird.
Well no one on here knows anything, it's a discussion site, it's all conjecture. Nothing wrong with making a strong statement, worse that can happen is you end up not being right on the internet. Some on here want to sit on the fence, that's fine.

It's also from Marca, you'd think this place would know by now what that newspaper is like.

It's only March, people are already ready to panic at the first sign of bad news.

Fluctuation0161

This is the reality of modern football. Players are going to talk about other clubs. In fact, it's happened for years. Pogba also said he was happy at United, enjoys working with Ole and has a great relationship with him. Easy to get carried away with the Real Madrid quotes but he's not going anywhere imo.
I don't think claiming this is just part of modern football is entirely accurate. Yes, it happens occasionally, but it is not an everyday occurrence. It obviously creates a shit storm of news stories and has the potential to reduce stability at the club.

izec

The whole summer we will get Pogba and De Gea rumours. They need to sign a new contract, especially Dave. That happens at times with your best players, especially if you dont happen to win or challenge for the big trophies

pascell

Tbf, it's not like we didn't see this coming - was reported (fairly widely, if memory serves) at the time we signed him that Raiola was the one who'd persuaded Pogba to join us, on the proviso that he'd get him a move to Spain after three years...

I do actually think the club will resist any attempt to get a move this summer, but, as you say, it is likely to become a bit of a saga anyway.
Yeah Raiola is the worst of the worst for fans and their clubs star player, for a player he's a great agent.

It'll be a long saga but I can see us asking for too much for Real and not selling. We're trying to build our team around him and he's the last player we'd sell.

I think Real would even be willing to include Varane as part of the deal to try and push it through, which will make negotiations harder for us if Varanes a target. Unless all this is a ploy of course, for a new bumper deal for Pogba to stay with us. One thing for sure is that I just cant see Pogba handing in a transfer request etc, to try and see the deal through.

el3mel

Well no one on here knows anything, it's a discussion site, it's all conjecture. Nothing wrong with making a strong statement, worse that can happen is you end up not being right on the internet. Some on here want to sit on the fence, that's fine.

It's also from Marca, you'd think this place would know by now what that newspaper is like.

It's only March, people are already ready to panic at the first sign of bad news.
Definitely it's a discussion site and all of us are making assumptions. That's why I don't get the confidence some are talking with when it comes to a player leaving or not. I saw the same in Herrera thread too. We don't know anything so we should keep it at assumptions level instead of saying confidently it'll never happen.

Art Vandelay

"has he ever dominated a big match?", wtf, people have these weird qualifiers when it comes to Pogba, nevermind the fact that as a squad, United is behind majority of big teams, and still, he consistently comes up with the goods in big games, yet this narrative that he's ineffective in big games keeps being pushed

I'd hate for him to leave but tbh, if I was him, I would. Squad is poor, and a substantial amount of fans seem to always be itching to jump on him, despite him putting up ridiculous numbers in a team/environment that lacks quality. I don't recall many instances in which the star player of a team is an academy graduate yet has such a strained relationship with large segments of the fanbase.

Forum will be full of "should have held on to him" and "could not do it in the epl" when he's lighting up la liga and CL next season.
Are those stats saying he's not played against Liverpool? Because I remember him having at least one absolute stinker against them.

el3mel

Are those stats saying he's not played against Liverpool? Because I remember him having at least one absolute stinker against them.
He actually played against them 3 times. :lol:

One this season and twice in his first season.

But it's counting since last season only for unknown reason as if his first season didn't exist.