Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yes of course - I was talking about THOSE stats as shown in the image being used as some illustration of Pogba being amazing - those stats are mostly meaningless. If that image had successful pass completion, etc. in it we wouldnt be having this conversation.
Yes he is going by those stats.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Not trusting the bumbling geniuses in charge to do anything even with a potentially huge fee in terms of replacing the creativity that would be lost

Not saying he's 100% irreplaceable either just that those clamoring for his sale are gonna be in for a rude awakening once he leaves.

Clubs like Barca,Bayern,Citeh,Juve etc would keep running like a well oiled machine but we're not anywhere near that sort of set up
Let's see the haters tell us he's lazy and loses the ball too often, and they'd prefer a player who runs a tiny bit more but is way less productive :rolleyes:

He's the problem all along!

Posh Red

Finally someone who gets it. Pogba has added 0 value to himself as a player on the pitch since he has joined United. Just proved how disruptive he can be off it.

Honestly I dont think United will sell but I genuinely believe you would be a better team without him. I think if he is sold though it wont be nowhere near the 150 mil mark. Will be a tiny bit more than what United paid for him at best.
I realise he may not have hit his potential but you’re going way over the top here. He’s won the world cup since then, and whether you like it or not, he was the most productive midfielder in the premier league this season, despite playing in a largely dysfunctional team. There has also been a rapid inflation in transfer fees since he has signed. Put those factors together and it’s perfectly reasonable to expect a decent increase in his overall value since he was purchased.

Canagel

Finally someone who gets it. Pogba has added 0 value to himself as a player on the pitch since he has joined United. Just proved how disruptive he can be off it.

Honestly I dont think United will sell but I genuinely believe you would be a better team without him. I think if he is sold though it wont be nowhere near the 150 mil mark. Will be a tiny bit more than what United paid for him at best.
:lol:

UpWithRivers

He is yet another player bought with no thought to our style of play. Mourinho tried to use him as a 10 which he is not. It has been tried several times - Allegri tried it, Blanc tried it. They saw it failed and moved him back. Then he is used in a midfield 2. He just doesnt work in a 2. Then he is used in a press, counter press, fast transition system. He is not suited to that either. He is a box to box midfielder. He slows it down and he doesnt run around like a mad person. Thats how he plays football at his best. And yet he is still head and shoulders our best midfielder and one of the best in the world. This same story happened with loads of our players Lukaku being another one of our current squad. Play them in a system that doesnt suit them then slag them off. Makes no sense.
First we define the system. Then we decide if they fit. If they dont then they have to go unfortunately
Sane at City is a good example. Great player. Doesnt fit. They look to get rid. We simply cannot keep playing with people in the wrong positions - Mata on right wing for 10 years! common

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Why can’t he come out and say he’s staying? Why are we hearing noises from Juventus about our player? Bit disrespectful don’t you think? At the same time I don’t care how good he is. I don’t care how he was our best player last season. I spent £100 on his shirt last season and he’s potentially about to leave? If he doesn’t want to stay I don’t want him at my club. No player is bigger than united but it seems like these days they are. Makes me sick to my stomach. He wants to go? Away with him for all I care.

DevilAgeIdiot

He is yet another player bought with no thought to our style of play. Mourinho tried to use him as a 10 which he is not. It has been tried several times - Allegri tried it, Blanc tried it. They saw it failed and moved him back. Then he is used in a midfield 2. He just doesnt work in a 2. Then he is used in a press, counter press, fast transition system. He is not suited to that either. He is a box to box midfielder. He slows it down and he doesnt run around like a mad person. Thats how he plays football at his best. And yet he is still head and shoulders our best midfielder and one of the best in the world. This same story happened with loads of our players Lukaku being another one of our current squad. Play them in a system that doesnt suit them then slag them off. Makes no sense.
First we define the system. Then we decide if they fit. If they dont then they have to go unfortunately
Sane at City is a good example. Great player. Doesnt fit. They look to get rid. We simply cannot keep playing with people in the wrong positions - Mata on right wing for 10 years! common
Well said. I agree with you. Pogba exemplifies the 'cart before the horse', scatterbrain strategy of our approach. Absolutely clueless for 6 years now trying to fit round pegs into the square holes of a system that does not even exist.

I am amazed by supporters who don't get this and go on rants about the player's laziness etc. You are spot on that we need to firstly establish a system and playing style and then an identity can develop. We then get players who fit the system.

Let's hope that Olé can at least get this started. Even if he doesnt do well next season regarding top 6 etc, as far as I'm concerned if he can show that there is a system, astyle and identity developing at the end of the season then he should be given at least another season to make his mark.

Last edited:

jackal&hyde

Or, it’s the reasons they say it is and people need to stop making up random shit to fit their argument.
There are a few arguments to discuss but a lot of it is conjecture of "bad influence in the dressing room", "doesn't care" or flat out ignoring facts like being voted amongst the best by the people that face him every week and stats that show that as a midfielder he is the best goalscorer and best assist. The conclusion, IMO, is that there are emotional reasons behind a lot of his critics and not reason.

Hamadovich86

Whichever way you look at hes our best outfield player, rebuilding a side does not start with selling off your best players but if he wants to leave theres no point in keeping him. If we have replacements lined up and the funds from selling him being redirected towards the transfer budget we should sell.

john moran

Let's see the haters tell us he's lazy and loses the ball too often, and they'd prefer a player who runs a tiny bit more but is way less productive :rolleyes:

He's the problem all along!
You know the expression , Lies , damn lies and statistics!

The real supporters , the ones that have been going to Old Trafford for decades know exactly what Mr Pogba contributes which is why many would be quite happy to see him sold for the right money .

Last edited by a moderator:

Halal Jalal

The real supporters , the ones that have been going to Old Trafford for decades know exactly what Mr Pogba contributes
You mean goals (#1 for us), assists (#1 us), marketability (#1 in PL, #3 in the world), and the single last drop of world class quality in our team? Then I agree.

Jib

The real supporters , the ones that have been going to Old Trafford for decades know exactly what Mr Pogba contributes which is why many would be quite happy to see him sold for the right money .
Tbf even before his comeback, they didn't want him because he proved Fergie wrong. That has nothing to do with his qualities because everyone know that Pogba is way too good for this team. And that's why he badly want to leave this mess.

Scholsey2004

Whichever way you look at hes our best outfield player, rebuilding a side does not start with selling off your best players but if he wants to leave theres no point in keeping him. If we have replacements lined up and the funds from selling him being redirected towards the transfer budget we should sell.
It did for Liverpool.

Cerberus

Dybala and Sandro for Pogba is an absolutely terrible deal, especially considering Sandro's lackluster season.

Put Cancelo and Pjanic on the table and then we'll talk.

jackal&hyde

Tbf even before his comeback, they didn't want him because he proved Fergie wrong. That has nothing to do with his qualities because everyone know that Pogba is way too good for this team. And that's why he badly want to leave this mess.
That's the main point i think. Though SAF said relatively recently when asked about Pogba that he was a great boy and is a very good player, but just with a "cnut of an agent". So SAF does rate him highly (along with virtually every other manager and footballer out there).

Gandalf

That's the main point i think. Though SAF said relatively recently when asked about Pogba that he was a great boy and is a very good player, but just with a "cnut of an agent". So SAF does rate him highly (along with virtually every other manager and footballer out there).
Yes it was an agent issue rather than Pogba proving Fergie wrong. My recollection was that United were negotiating and were led to believe he was going to sign an extension and Raiola went behind their backs to set up the deal with Juventus and lied to SAF when he asked him about it. I don't think Fergie ever had a problem with Pogba personally and had high hopes for him, the only point of contention being Pogba felt he should have had more playing time in his last season.

Halal Jalal

Cancelo (transfermarkt value 50 m) and Pjanic (64 m) for PP, are you serious? We should turn it down even if there's a hundred million in cash + those two players. Any other midfielder is a downgrade in comparison to Paul, so I don't see a single reason why should we let him go.

Sell Lukaku, Sanchez, Bailly, Mata, Smalling, Jones and all those other wastes of contract money. Buy elite, Pogba-proven players to get back among the elite clubs (Varane, Kante, Ndombele, Griezmann/Dybala).

AJ10

Dybala and Sandro for Pogba is an absolutely terrible deal, especially considering Sandro's lackluster season.

Think he also had a lacklustre season.

john moran

Absolutely wrong . As long as a player contributes he will be accepted and supported . The mess you refer to can be firmly placed on the shoulders of players like Pogba , Sanchez , Lingard , Martial etc and their attitude on and off the pitch.

ShoePolish

Wanted him out before our surge, where he contributed to crazy number of goals and assists, and still want it now. Think Mourinho had at least this one right, saying Pogba's a poison in dressing room. If we'd have smart people at the club, we could reinburst massively with the money we could get from him, like how Liverpool did with Coutinho money, alas, even if he goes and we get a pretty penny, we're only going to be worse off. He's already started flirting with other clubs, he doesn't want to be here, stop clinging to the fairytale of him being our main man in the future. If he's not gone this summer, he'll be gone next. And he's probably going to be in the news for all the wrong reasons in between.

piesel

Think he also had a lacklustre season.
All of Juve had a mediocre season, Allegri did an awful job and has been rightfully sacked.

They started the season with excellent football but after the freakish Turin defeat to United, Allegri reverted to extreme pragmatism basically killing the squad mood. Plus the athletic staff contributed massively to a season overloaded with injuries. No surprise Juve management erased all medical and athletic staff.

Last edited:

Reddy Rederson

There are a few arguments to discuss but a lot of it is conjecture of "bad influence in the dressing room", "doesn't care" or flat out ignoring facts like being voted amongst the best by the people that face him every week and stats that show that as a midfielder he is the best goalscorer and best assist. The conclusion, IMO, is that there are emotional reasons behind a lot of his critics and not reason.
If they give you reasons, that’s their reasons. That’s their opinion, and whatever anyone else wants to force on them. If you have something specific that you’ve seen, and don’t agree with it for reasons of your own, by all means enter the debate. Blanket, dismissive statements are never going to win any argument.

jackal&hyde

If they give you reasons, that’s their reasons. That’s their opinion, and whatever anyone else wants to force on them. If you have something specific that you’ve seen, and don’t agree with it for reasons of your own, by all means enter the debate. Blanket, dismissive statements are never going to win any argument.
I consider the denial of stats and facts to be blanket and dismissive statements. My first or second post here was of asking for information of the Pogba situation as i thought there must have been a series of interviews or leaks that made some to believe so strongly that he want's to leave, or is lazy, or whatever. As it became obvious that there weren't any such arguments, i did jump the gun a little in to looking for emotional reasons as to why people want to ignore certain things and just continue certain narratives. I just don't remember a case where so many peoples views were so much in contradiction with reality (the facts that we ca prove).

I do respect and accept that everyone is entitled to their opinion. I remember the "sell Giggs sack Fergie" days but i don't think i've ever seen such a train of opinion like we do with Pogba and this intrigues me a lot.

In hindsight, i made some mistakes in the wording of some of my posts in this thread and i meant no offence.

Scholsey2004

Mané was Liverpool's best player. A player bought by Klopp, the coach who started the rebduilding 2-3 years before selling Coutinho.

Like @Hamadovich86 said, rebuilding a side does not start with selling off your best players.
I was referring to Coutinho .

Adam-Utd

Absolute bollocks that is pal! Must be a big jump from that high horse :)

john moran

Absolute bollocks that is pal! Must be a big jump from that high horse :)
Regular at Old Trafford are you ? Season ticket holder are you ?

I doubt if anyone doubts Pogbas ability , its his consistency , attitude and application that are questionable . Perhaps where he is surrounded by better players that may not be as big an issue as it is at UTD . Right now its an "issue" we cannot afford to facilitate . Sell him and use the money wisely on two or three players who want play every game, not sulk and tweet .

Adam-Utd

Regular at Old Trafford are you ? Season ticket holder are you ?

I doubt if anyone doubts Pogbas ability , its his consistency , attitude and application that are questionable . Perhaps where he is surrounded by better players that may not be as big an issue as it is at UTD . Right now its an "issue" we cannot afford to facilitate . Sell him and use the money wisely on two or three players who want play every game, not sulk and tweet .
Whether I am or not is really not part of the discussion, this makes you no better as a fan compared to others around the world.

He's really not the inconsistent one in the squad. He's the only one putting up respectable numbers.

Compare that to the Inconsistent Lingard, Rashford, Martial, Lukaku... you get the point.

He is a creative midfielder who links the workhorses in midfield to the attacking boys. He does his job fine.

Yes he needs to switch on a bit more when defending but it's a very small complaint, nowhere near enough to sell him or warrant abusing him, It's pathetic.

People just use him as a scapegoat because of Mourinho, plain and simple. They're taking out the frustrations on 1 of the only guys worthy of actually wearing a united shirt.

flappyjay

My biggest fear is ending up with something soulless like our 15/16 midfield. I think everyone has forgotten what it was like pre Pogba in our midfield post Sir Alex.

Adam-Utd

My biggest fear is ending up with something soulless like our 15/16 midfield. I think everyone has forgotten what it was like pre Pogba in our midfield post Sir Alex.
100%

After a year of a Matic/Mctominay midfield they'll be screaming out for some creativity and a bit of spark.

We already struggle to create at times, imagine wanting to sell 1 of the most creative players around. This fanbase is mental.

crossy1686

career ending
According to latest reports Pogba is not going anywhere.
Kind of obvious really. No one's got the money to sign him or meet us on our evaluation of him and what he feels his wages should be. He'll sign a new contract next year with a pay rise, just watch. He won't go to Madrid for a £150k a week pay cut, no matter who's in charge.

sp_107

I will let him go if we can get Bale on 2 years loan deal + free hand on Erickson transfer. With this we can get Bale & Erickson plus another 70 mil spare to spend on a Right winger. Means for Pogba we could get Bale/Erickson/Right winger. With Lukaku money we can get someone like Heller or Werner, means with 0 money we could fix our front 4 positions.

With other sales and this year budget we could get 2/3 Central Midfielders and 2/3 Defenders too from the below list. We could easily rebuild with just 200 millions +players sales...Common Ed...Please DO IT

Erikson/Bale/Brandt/Harvertz/Bruno/Maddison/Sancho/Felix/Richarlison/Benjwain/Loranzo/Pepe/Aouar/Ndombele/Tilesman/Rodri/Thiago/Neves/Brooks/Maguire/Toby/Minalos/Anderson/Delegit/AWB/Meunier/