Pogba Future

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by wolvored, Mar 20, 2019.

?

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

This poll will close on Dec 13, 2020 at 10:27.
  1. Yeah

46.6%
  2. No

53.4%
  1. Jun 10, 2019

Freak Born a freak always a freak.

As good as he is, if he left tomorrow I wouldn't really care to be honest. If he wants to go, take the money and invest it on someone else.
  2. Jun 10, 2019

MattyB1986 Full Member

Not really bothered if he stays or goes, to be honest. Our best player and world class when he can be arsed. When he can't he can also be detrimental to us when he downs tools and sulks which has a knock on effect on the rest of the squad.

I have no real emotional connection to the players we have at present so wouldn't be bothered.

Take the money and rebuild with 3 players with the money. As long as it's reinvested into the squad, my only gripe would be just filling Glazer's pockets more.
  3. Jun 10, 2019

clarkydaz Full Member

Sorry when did all this happen? :lol:
  4. Jun 10, 2019

Halal Jalal New Member

Paul scored 13 goals (more than Lampard's seasonal average in his PL years) and had 9 assists (more than Pirlo's seasonal average during his Serie A career). Ronaldinho maybe did more tricks - often just for the show - but Paul's ability to carry the ball from our defensive third and launch a game-changing long ball is superior, so when it comes to efficient dribbling, PP wins again.

Look, I'm all for respecting the classic players, but it's time to remove the old fart's nostalgia goggles and give PP the credit he deserves.
  5. Jun 10, 2019

elmo Can never have too many Eevees

His stats are brilliant considering he only put in effort for 1/3 of the season.

But that's the whole problem right there.
  6. Jun 10, 2019

elmo Can never have too many Eevees

What fecking game are you watching?
  7. Jun 10, 2019

Fosu-Mens Full Member

If him wanting to leave is true, then make a deal with him that he can leave next season if we get top 4 and CL qual.
  8. Jun 10, 2019

Bastian Full Member

There is no question it's true. All this speculation, flirting with Madrid, it's been 2 months now. If he was 100% committed he'd have spoken out. If he stays, I'd definitely want us to get a better insurance of adequate fee later by extending his contract.

Why don't English clubs use release clauses?
  9. Jun 10, 2019

clarkydaz Full Member

7 of those 13 goals were pens and he actually missed a handful ontop. Less than half of his 105 'shots' were on target this season aswell. Whats a 'game changing' long ball have to do with efficient Ronaldinho esque dribbling, you are just making stuff up :lol:
  10. Jun 10, 2019

ash_86 Full Member

Looks like he's all set for Pre-season in China. Posted a story on his IG.
  11. Jun 10, 2019

flappyjay Full Member

He has just done that on his insta....unless Madrid or Juve are going to pre season in China too
  12. Jun 10, 2019

abdo99 Full Member

Once in a generation talent
  13. Jun 11, 2019

Le Red Full Member

My two pence is someone was in his diapers when Ronaldinho was doing his thing.
  14. Jun 11, 2019

Betson Full Member

Should definitely play hard ball with Real Madrid on this , it is obvious he wants to leave and that they want him.

But no issue for us if this deal does not go through as although not as consistent as we would like he is still a very good player that makes us stronger , it would be stupid of us to let him go without getting a huge fee and have a replacement lined up.
  15. Jun 11, 2019

Jeffthered Full Member

Sadly, I agree. I generally think Pogs has received a bad press, and actually had a damn good 2018/19 season all things considered.

But we have to move on. Collect Big cash, and move on. Best thing for all involved. We shouldn't keep players who do not want to be there. No way.
  16. Jun 11, 2019

Art Vandelay Full Member

Remember the Morata demands they made of us and fleece them. He's not worth what we paid for him, so if we make a huge profit and reinvest then it's a win for us.
  17. Jun 11, 2019

shahzadi Full Member

Poll should have a third choice .... something like "Eboue"
  18. Jun 11, 2019

ayushreddevil9 Full Member

After watching that, the thought of losing him makes me worry.
  19. Jun 11, 2019

RedDevilCanuck Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin

He needs better midfield partners and a proper striker.

Even an old zlatan brought more out of Pogba.

It's been proven; give Pogba proper support, and he's the best around.
  20. Jun 11, 2019

Ali Dia Full Member

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
    I’d hate to lose him too. He’s our best player. He’d be a big loss to any squad we can assemble next year but If he doesn’t want to be here get rid though. Same with DDG. I’m all for starting again with players who will fight all the way.
  21. Jun 11, 2019

Varunie1208 New Member

13 goals how many were PK's. Also how goals did he allow when his player ran right past him. Did you watch France play Turkey. Typical Pogba. If he stays I'm ok with that, but if we can get 120+ for him I won't be sad to see him go.
  22. Jun 11, 2019

Harry190 Full Member

He'd have to be a complete maniac to take a pay cut. Whoever invented or 'placed' that story is a first grade moron.

It makes Real look bad.
  23. Jun 11, 2019

Judas Open to offers

He'll be a big loss, our one world class talent, and the key to any periods of good form we had last season.

Still massively unconvinced he'll leave though, don't believe Real will pay up.
  24. Jun 11, 2019

Red Dreams Full Member

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
    If he asks for a transfer, he loses a lot of money.
    Also Real wont be able to match what he is getting.
    This is why we hear them pushing past it players plus cash.

I doubt we are going for it.
  25. Jun 11, 2019

UnofficialDevil Anti Scottish

Not anti Scotish, just posted a lot against Moyes.
    He is our best player by miles and our only world class player. If he goes we drop levels as a team.
  26. Jun 11, 2019

MackRobinson Full Member

Supports:
    Football
    You only sell Pogba if you can replace him with another World Class player or at least two Top 4 level players . I don't see either of these happening, so he shouldn't be sold under any circumstances. If United fails to qualify for CL football then sell him to the highest bidder. His value will be more or less the same, barring injury.
  27. Jun 11, 2019

eltigreFalcao New Member

Can't say that it would be calamitous to sell Pogba for 150+mill, but only if every penny were invested right back into the squad. Something I really doubt would happen. That aside, I can't think of a bigger loss right now for the team than losing PP. He's the very best player of the team and could be the cornerstone of a succesful, winning team.

Only a mix of Felix/Havertz + Ericsen/Kroos/Koke would be satisfying as of my own personal opinion.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  28. Jun 11, 2019

predator Youth NITK

I'd prefer him to stay and I think he will but I wouldn't lose too much sleep if he did leave, provided we recoup 150% or above of what we initially paid for him - and invest it.

He is phenomenal when you get the best out of him but our squad has been incapable of that as of late.
  29. Jun 11, 2019

RedDevilUnited369 New Member

LifeTimes Podcast with Paul Pogba

Paul Pogba has defended his record at Manchester United and claimed that critics are making a scapegoat of him when they focus on his haircuts or body language.

The United player opens up on his career and personal life in the first of a new LifeTimes podcast series for The Times, which launches today.

http://aca.st/cabd58
  30. Jun 11, 2019

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

I think k he has his faults but a lot of his team mates hide behind him. Our squad is filled with cowards.
  31. Jun 11, 2019

GM K Full Member

In an ideal world, I will never sell Pogba. He has too much talent. In the real world however, I will sell him if he wants out.

Wanting to stay is one of my most important criteria for keeping a playing. Wanting to come is one of my most important creteria for buying a player.
  32. Jun 11, 2019

Houdini New Member

We made PSG in CL without him. Just sayin'.
  33. Jun 11, 2019

RoyH1 Full Member

There is no doubt he's by far our most talented player, and yes, he's world class, but we tend to overrate him. I don't think he'll ever not be inconsistent. As such, if someone came with a massive bid, we should consider it. But I don't think it will happen since Real Madrid has just blown it's wad with Hazard, Jovic and soon Mendy. Juventus doesn't have the kind of money we'd demand. Like I've written before, I think this summer will end with us giving a contract extension and a pay raise
  34. Jun 11, 2019

van Nistelrooy Full Member

Virtually the entirety of that video consists of the 2016/17 season. Pogba's first since being back at United.

What has he done in the past two seasons? A selection of penalties with his unbearable long run-up and losing possession over and over again.

Overrated. Over-hyped. Get rid!
  35. Jun 11, 2019

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

:lol: Those bloody foreigners!!! :lol:
  36. Jun 11, 2019

DWelbz19 Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

He’s the fall guy for an entire team of cowards, really.
  37. Jun 11, 2019

roonster09 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018 Scout

:lol:
  38. Jun 11, 2019

In Rainbows Full Member

Go back and look at that performance. It was a sweet victory, but gifted nonetheless.
  39. Jun 11, 2019

shahzy New Member

Fair comment and i'd put myself into the group of people you're talking about. I think the flak our best player gets is way too harsh compared to how average players such as the one's you've mentioned get away with woeful performances. 1 thing though, you mentioned the expectations are understandably higher for pogba but how high is too high? He's undoubtedly a good player but he isn't messi or ronaldo where we can expect those two guys to win a game on their own. Pogba isnt superhuman and people who expect him to win a game on his own are setting themselves up for disappointment.
  40. Jun 11, 2019

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

How about instead of crying about it Paul you embrace the added expectancy and show you're worth the price tag? The likes of Ronaldo and Messi work every game to show why they're considered the best, no one expects Pogba to be at their level because he plays in a different position but at least try and be the best in that position