Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mainoldo

They can’t afford him and I don’t want that arrogant flop Dybala either. What a mess that would be. Imagine relying on him for a season. He’s fail to turn up more than Lukaku.

el3mel

Yeah they deleted and reposted it alongside another tweet.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If he's leaving us this summer I'd rather a swift deal so the incomings can be sorted out accordingly.

Denis79

Yeah they deleted and reposted it alongside another tweet.
If he wants to go, there's no point keeping him. He is a mood player 100%, would weaken the team if he plays half-arsed.

Patrick08

If he's leaving us this summer I'd rather a swift deal so the incomings can be sorted out accordingly.
Ole won't be thrown under the bus. He's going nowhere. And Madrid can't afford him given they have already spent enough.

Just something to sell papers .

tomaldinho1

According to sky italy Juventus are at the man utd offices in london to discuss buying pogba. Who knows if this is true or not
At the end of the day if he wants to move, let's just put this to bed and move him on for a huge fee.
no player swaps, just a war chest of cash. He's got all the attributes to be the best in the world but his head's not been screwed on since the second season and we'd do much better moving him on to Juve (with a sell on clause as well given he will end up at Madrid) and build an actual team

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ole won't be shown under the bus. He's going nowhere. And Madrid can't afford him given they have already spent enough.

Just something to sell papers .
They haven't spent properly in years - I reckon they can push the boat out.

Ole won't want players whose hearts aren't at the club, he's made that clear enough too. Putting our respective views of Pogba the player to one side, if he wants to go and if there are two clubs wanting him right now, we can get maximum value. Bruno seems likely so he can operate in his position whilst we turn to holding midfielders/box to box midfielders to compliment.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Don't get why people would want cash. The club can't seem to negotiate at all.

Libano

It's not a matter of what his value is but what we would sell him at. We would sell him at £150m, we arent looking to give them a "fair" deal, just like no club is giving anyone else a fair deal. You want a player under contract that the team doesnt want to sell, well then pay a ridiculous price to get him. That's what the transfer market is these days. Clubs dont have to sell their assets and they put whatever value they want.
I absolutely agree with you there, however, the sticking point is the buyer side. There really only are a handful of clubs able to pay this kind of money, including Premier League level wages. Assuming that he won’t be sold to another PL club or retire to China, that list suddenly gets very short: Real, Barca, PSG, Bayern. Bayern are too frugal, Real and Barca are used to getting what they want at a discount. Unless PSG are desperate, I don’t see a scenario for a 150m sale.

Apart from that, selling your best player would be downright stupid. United don’t need the money, they need more quality on the pitch.

Patrick08

They haven't spent properly in years - I reckon they can push the boat out.

Ole won't want players whose hearts aren't at the club, he's made that clear enough too. Putting our respective views of Pogba the player to one side, if he wants to go and if there are two clubs wanting him right now, we can get maximum value. Bruno seems likely so he can operate in his position whilst we turn to holding midfielders/box to box midfielders to compliment.
Man United will never go and buy 8-9 players in one window no matter how much they let go.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Lukaku De Gea Pogba gone in the first summer of Ole in charge, what a magnificent rebuild. We are doomed to being a mid table team for a very long time .
If you want to rebuild you do it like Madrid. They will be challenging on all fronts this season unlike us. Un fecking believable.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Zidane is a huge irritant. Knew he would be an issue as soon as he went back in there. If Madrid are looking at it from a purely footballing point of view Pogba simply isn't worth that kind of money yet based on his performances.

BluesJr

Lukaku De Gea Pogba gone in the first summer of Ole in charge, what a magnificent rebuild. We are doomed to being a mid table team for a very long time .
If you want to rebuild you do it like Madrid. They will be challenging on all fronts this season unlike us. Un fecking believable.
We've had so many opportunities to push on and we just haven't done it. I've accepted it now. Feels better. Lost interest.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Him, Lukaku and DDG leaving all in the one season? We're so fecked :lol:
One player in that post is not like the others...

I personally doubt Pogba will leave because no club can afford the fee and we should be done with welcoming other people's failures.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Okay we are believing everything tweeted!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Oh they have. But on youngsters, which costed them around 150m euros overall itself.
Exactly, over a span of a few years. They always have their Galactico cycle and this one is over-due.

Man United will never go and buy 8-9 players in one window no matter how much they let go.
You'd be looking more at 5-6 players (if Pogba left us).

United have never been in a position like this either - having a big rebuild of their own and then star players wanting out on top.

BluesJr

Im almost there. Im sick and tired of the way we do things its just ridiculous its like we want to be shit.
The way I look at it is that why should I invest emotionally to the extent I have all my life when the club just don't have the ambition to match what this club deserves? This isn't Manchester United right now. We'll just have to wait for brighter days ahead when the Glazers sell.

UnofficialDevil

Okay we are believing everything tweeted!
You know its going to happen. Why would Pogba want to stay? I wouldnt. We could have easily done what Madrid are. We could have signed Ronaldo last summer, we should have signed Zidane when we sacked Mourinho and should be spending now to get the very best players. We are doing the oposite. As usual.

UnofficialDevil

The way I look at it is that why should I invest emotionally to the extent I have all my life when the club just don't have the ambition to match what this club deserves? This isn't Manchester United right now. We'll just have to wait for brighter days ahead when the Glazers sell.
It will be too late.

UncleBob

Jesus christ what a bunch of numpties.

Pogba isn't being sold.

It ain't happening.

He'll sod off next season, no doubt, but there's

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

This is surprising... Not.

Bruno was not a replacement they said :lol:

I just hope all the naysayers eat their humble pie and see the real problems at the club when he's tearing it up for Madrid whilst we're floundering somewhere in eastern europe next season.

The club has rested on their laurels since securing Pogba. We've been all talk and now we're getting our comeuppance from our best players.

Serves the Glazers right.

el3mel

IMO He's only going to stay if the other clubs refuse to pay for him and if that happens I can see him sulking so hard next season because he doesn't seem to want to stay.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
You know its going to happen. Why would Pogba want to stay? I wouldnt. We could have easily done what Madrid are. We could have signed Ronaldo last summer, we should have signed Zidane when we sacked Mourinho and should be spending now to get the very best players. We are doing the oposite. As usual.
If he leaves whoever buys him will have to pay through the nose and before that we get someone who wants to play for us to replace him.
No point jumping off a cliff over it.

Canagel

The problem isn't the outgoing- the problem is who the club capable to attract. Mourinho was a disaster but he attracted big player like Ibrahimovic and Pogba because of his name and reputation. Same for LVG. No actually good player is signing for Ole because he has no appeal and everyone is second thinking because of the uncertainty in our future. And anyway only Pogba was good from these 3 players last season infact all of the rest of our players is expendable.

UnofficialDevil

If he leaves whoever buys him will have to pay through the nose and before that we get someone who wants to play for us to replace him.
No point jumping off a cliff over it.
Its not only Pogba, its comparing us to what Real are doing this summer. Its depressing. They are doing exactly what is expected of such a huge club. We have got Ole and James, and going to sell our only world class players because they dont want to be here for very understandable obvious reasons.

Patrick08

You'd be looking more at 5-6 players (if Pogba left us).
That's the amount we need now realistically without pogba being sold. Lukaku is in talks as well and de gea has not signed. It's just totally impossible to sell him now .

UnofficialDevil

The problem isn't the outgoing- the problem is who the club capable to attract. Mourinho was a disaster but he attracted big player like Ibrahimovic and Pogba because of his name and reputation. Same for LVG. No actually good player is signing for Ole because he has no appeal and everyone is second thinking because of the uncertainty in our future. And anyway only Pogba was good from these 3 players last season infact all of the rest of our players is expendable.
Its both losing our best players for the same reasons other players of the same level wont want to come here. And yes Ole is one of those reasons obviously.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
You're both completely right. A complete lack of strategy & planning sums us up which is unforgivable for a club of our rich history.

I have had to scale back my emotional involvement too due to the way things are heading under the Glazers but I'm not sure when we will be rid of these parasites. We make too much money for them which they haven't had to put a penny into.

They are going to bleed us dry, run us into the ground and there's not a thing we can do about it because football fans are too loyal & fickle to see the wood for the trees. Ours are a particularly special bunch too.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That's the amount we need now realistically without pogba being sold. Lukaku is in talks as well and de gea has not signed. It's just totally impossible to sell him now .
Forget Lukaku and DDG - one doesn't have a buyer and the other isn't forcing himself out this season.

If we lost Pogba we can still be OK with 5-6 incomings. I don't know where you're plucking 8-9 from.

AWB
Maguire
Bruno
Rabiot
+ One more holding midfielder

James is the 6th signing (I find this transfer unrelated to the immediate impact strategy)

Toad

If it wasn’t for all the drama that comes with Pogba I’d be gutted to see him leave. But to be quite honest, I honestly couldn’t give a shit if he leaves. It might even be better for the team if we get in the right replacement. Lingard will hopefully soon feck off if he hasn’t got his dance partner anymore.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
I don't think anyone can afford £150 million. If he were to leave, the buyers would need to convince us to take expensive assets + cash to do a deal.

(Dybala + £70 million or Isco + £90 million etc. with other players possibly added to the pot.)

However, ultimately Pogba will probably stay and play shit and then leave next year for a more reasonable price...