Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
He said in an interview after he signed that he chose us over real and Barca as he wouldn’t be their star man, so it would affect his ballon d’or chances. Now that Ronaldo has left and if Real can promise that he’ll be their galactic or ofthe summer, he will leave. Our fans are deluded to think he came “home”, he’s a self server, who left us before and will leave us again to better his career.

Jericholyte2

This is absolutely ridiculous, how quickly we as a fan base seem to accept mediocrity is pathetic.

People talking about accepting Coutinho money, ARE YOU MAD! Pogba is mid-20s, hitting his peak as a player, already one of the best midfielders in the world and a commercial goldmine, but yeah let’s take £150m for him.

Who on earth would we get in to replace this kind of player for that money? Never mind that, who replaces Pogba period.

Same goes with De Gea, suddenly everyone is on saying, “Well say 60m and get the deal done”, are you guys high!?! Sell the best keeper in the world then replace him with a lesser keeper, who’ll cost more and be on comparable wages. I know his contract situation is different but the fact still remains, we will never go anywhere by letting our best players go.

In 2009 we let Ronaldo go and look what happened to the team, and that squad still had several world class players in it.

Now I’m not saying it’s Pogba FC and we flat out refuse, but a player of his quality has to be a world record fee or we look like a bunch of mugs.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
If we sold Pogba, all our other issues would suddenly be tiny compared to the fact we'd have sold our one creative source and the only player who really makes anything happen from the middle of the pitch.
This x1000. He's the main reason we create chances. And people want him to leave?!

We should be building around him. You know like our actual manager just said this year.

Fracture90

Same goes with De Gea, suddenly everyone is on saying, “Well say 60m and get the deal done”, are you guys high!?! Sell the best keeper in the wo
I get what you mean, but DDG has about a year and a half left on his contact, our hands may be tied .

Litch

This is absolutely ridiculous, how quickly we as a fan base seem to accept mediocrity is pathetic.

People talking about accepting Coutinho money, ARE YOU MAD! Pogba is mid-20s, hitting his peak as a player, already one of the best midfielders in the world and a commercial goldmine, but yeah let’s take £150m for him.

Who on earth would we get in to replace this kind of player for that money? Never mind that, who replaces Pogba period.

Same goes with De Gea, suddenly everyone is on saying, “Well say 60m and get the deal done”, are you guys high!?! Sell the best keeper in the world then replace him with a lesser keeper, who’ll cost more and be on comparable wages. I know his contract situation is different but the fact still remains, we will never go anywhere by letting our best players go.

In 2009 we let Ronaldo go and look what happened to the team, and that squad still had several world class players in it.

Now I’m not saying it’s Pogba FC and we flat out refuse, but a player of his quality has to be a world record fee or we look like a bunch of mugs.
Spot on.

Rayburns

I think on his day he is our best player, as with DDG. If we want to build a team we do however need players willing to sacrifice their ego's, and it may not be the worst idea to set a precedent- if you don't want to be here then go, no one is bigger than the club/team.

Wallez

I am not concerned about the Pogba situation, as the only way we are letting him go is if Real offer a stupid amount of money. If Real come crying with 200 mill pounds, we could surely start negotiations. Pogba is a brilliant player, but contributes more in terms of x-factor than with stable performances. He is by far our best player, but still not irreplaceable like Ronaldo was when he left for Real. Pogba also offers some limitations in terms of formation, as we often have to play 433 to fully utilize his abilities. Lets say that we sell him for 150 mill plus Varane in exchange and replace him and Matic with Rabiot and Eriksen. Throw in 100 mill for Jadon Sancho and a decent RB, and we wouldn't miss Pogba.

De Gea
Meunier - Varane - Lindelöf - Shaw
Herrera - Rabiot
Sancho - Eriksen - Rashford
Lukaku

UpWithRivers

If he wants to go what are we gonna do? Keep him and let him be destructive. I say sell only if he wants to go and we get top fee 150 plus and we have a top replacement in the bag - erikson/coutinho

wolvored

I would let Pogba go if he wants to go. We dont want him moping here and playing like he did yesterday, which would happen and then the season after next would leave for a reduced price. Ole needs to ask him outright whether he wants to stay or go, and if he says he does, demand £130 million for him. Im sure for that money we could go for someone like Niguez, Alacantra Kroos Eriksen etc

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

This. Particularly the last line. He was bought for a world record fee, he goes for a world record fee. He's not a worse player than he was 3 years ago. He's having his best goalscoring season in a team nowhere near as domestically dominant as his previous club. He's a better player now, without question. His fee has to reflect that, and I'm sure Madrid know that.

I'd be surprised if he stays beyond this summer. I don't normally care about the fee the club gets, but Pogba is a different case. It has to be no less than £200m.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Is there a single soul on here who trusts us to spend whatever hypothetical money we get for him wisely?

We have wasted almost a £1billion on transfers since Fergie retired and there are still massive holes in the squad, and yet people are happy to get rid of our only world-class outfield player? Jesus wept :houllier:

NJM78

Is there a single soul on here who trusts us to spend whatever hypothetical money we get for him wisely?

We have wasted almost a £1billion on transfers since Fergie retired and there are still massive holes in the squad, and yet people are happy to get rid of our only world-class outfield player? Jesus wept :houllier:
I could imagine Ed licking his lips at finally having the chance of landing Bale. The rest of the money would probably be spent on whoever City want.

Sterling Archer

I don't think he'll finish his career here that's for sure but I'd like to think we can resist the calling of the galactico for now.
We really should try to get another season or two from him at the least. I hope Ole can manage to convince him of that.

Coops73

He’s a good player and I don’t particularly want him to leave but to be honest, we’d have to put up with this cryptic shit every international break and pre season, if he’s not committed and has wet dreams about Madrid and noshing off Zidane then get a good fee for him and let’s move on.

Champagne Football

Wenger said players will run down their contracts more often since the Sanchez thing. And already we see Aaron Ramsey get double the salary of what he is worth. Pogba and Raiola know Real and PSG will pay £500,000+ per week for Pogba. They will not accept a penny less than that from Ed. So do most fans on here think we should pay that? bearing in mind that any other potential world class players in the squad will want equal parity eventually such as Rashford, De Gea and some potentially new big name signings such as Sancho.

Vanya

If we can covet Varane every transfer window I don't see why Madrid can't do the same for Pogba. I think the reaction is a bit over the top.

This will probably end with a new contract making Pogba the highest paid player at the club.

LJJT

If he wants to go let’s sort the deal out so he can move on this summer. We will get far more than we paid for him and he’s very replacable. We could get two top players in with his fee. Game passed him by yesterday. If he’s so inconsistent at Madrid the fans will have him out within half a season

United Pro

Pogba is virtually irreplaceable for us, however I would tempted by a straight swap with Varane + Kroos.

lsd

The Oracle
I am not concerned about the Pogba situation, as the only way we are letting him go is if Real offer a stupid amount of money. If Real come crying with 200 mill pounds, we could surely start negotiations. Pogba is a brilliant player, but contributes more in terms of x-factor than with stable performances. He is by far our best player, but still not irreplaceable like Ronaldo was when he left for Real. Pogba also offers some limitations in terms of formation, as we often have to play 433 to fully utilize his abilities. Lets say that we sell him for 150 mill plus Varane in exchange and replace him and Matic with Rabiot and Eriksen. Throw in 100 mill for Jadon Sancho and a decent RB, and we wouldn't miss Pogba.

De Gea
Meunier - Varane - Lindelöf - Shaw
Herrera - Rabiot
Sancho - Eriksen - Rashford
Lukaku

So many things wrong with this post where do you start ?

150 mill plus varane for Pogba ? Dreamland

Keeping Herrera but selling Pogba sheer insanity

And I can't even think about that team . Are we going for 8th next season ?

Rolaholic

Yea it does my head in the logic from some off the people wanting to sell our best player who also love harping on about the lack of investment in the squad.

Doesn't make sense arguing to let our quality players go when the club has been chronically horrible at replacing our talent in the past. We should be discussing ways to surround our top talent with even more top talent like every big club tries doing nowadays instead of acquiescing to selling based off nothing but rumors/shitty clickbait papers.

Some people are so reactionary and would somehow argue to make hugely important decisions regarding the club based on emotion mainly not logic. As if the likes of Pjanic,Coutinho or whoever's being floated as a replacement would surely do a better job in a midfield with Matic and Herrera...not :rolleyes:

I'm glad that Ole seems to have more sense than many in the fanbase,he's been adamant in highlighting and talking up Pogba's importance to the club in the long term. He won't be sold until he hands in a request or goes AWOL ala Di Maria and even then. It would likely take an astronomical sum for Woodward to even agree, not the 125-150m figures floating around in the press.

Dembele and Coutinho went for those sums when they're not on the same level nor have the same profile

Wallez

So many things wrong with this post where do you start ?

150 mill plus varane for Pogba ? Dreamland

Keeping Herrera but selling Pogba sheer insanity

And I can't even think about that team . Are we going for 8th next season ?
So many things wrong with this post, where to start?

1) Pogba is our player and has 2+1 years left of his contract. We have absolutely no reason to sell him for anything less than what PSG paid for Neymar. He is absolutely not for sale, but if Real wants him we could ask for 1000 million if we want to.
2) Herrera is a solid workhorse in our team, but has no market value due to his age and contract situation. Why on earth would we get rid of Herrera, he is one of the few players in our squad that has a combination of experience, mentality and fighting spirit. He is not the most gifted player in terms of abilities, but does a solid job.
3) Only Liverpool and City could beat that starting 11 over a season.

Champagne Football

If we can covet Varane every transfer window I don't see why Madrid can't do the same for Pogba. I think the reaction is a bit over the top.

This will probably end with a new contract making Pogba the highest paid player at the club.
The only difference being of course that Pogba would swim to Madrid to play there. Varane chose them over us as a young chap despite guarantees of way more football here. If he plans to leave there then it's because the manager doesn't fancy him and not because his grandmother is a diehard City fan and he wants to do it for granny.

Lemur

He said in an interview after he signed that he chose us over real and Barca as he wouldn’t be their star man, so it would affect his ballon d’or chances. Now that Ronaldo has left and if Real can promise that he’ll be their galactic or ofthe summer, he will leave. Our fans are deluded to think he came “home”, he’s a self server, who left us before and will leave us again to better his career.
A footballer leaving a club in order to play is the same as a desk job employee leaving a job for another to be in their field of choice.

If that is self serving then who does not serve them self.

Get a grip.

Nuts

No one is irreplaceable.

Central to Solskjaer’s tenure should be the requirement that every player wants to be here.

I’d be inclined to get rid of he doesn’t come out and publicly commit his future. He doesn’t convince me on the pitch and giving silly arse interviews on international breaks is enough to make me think we should cash in and buy a hungry, committed player instead.

Suedesi

Anyone contemplating 150m is insanely lowballing.

We paid 105 million euros for him pre-Neymar money to basically sign potential.

Now, he's a WC winner, a world class player, a leader and a commercial goldmine.

250mm Euros and we can talk Zidane.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
What good is a huge amount of money when chances are we'd either spend it terribly or not spend it at all.

I don't trust us to replace our stars, nothing suggests we're setup well enough to do the business thats required.
Ok I had a similar conversation with a journo yesterday lunchtime and basically he asked me if I thought the club hadn’t spent well when signing: Di Maria,Falcao, Pogba,Matic and Sanchez?
We probably salivated at the thought of players of that calibrate. The fact that a couple didn’t work out is incidental. The club have put their money where their mouths are but it’s been down to poor management and coaching that’s been the issue not spending

0le

He is an important player and we should try to keep him at the club for as long as possible. However, I don't think the fans feel like they have a genuine connection with Pogba like previous United players such as Evra or Ole.

beingshe7don

Anyone contemplating 150m is insanely lowballing.

We paid 105 million euros for him pre-Neymar money to basically sign potential.

Now, he's a WC winner, a world class player, a leader and a commercial goldmine.

250mm Euros and we can talk Zidane.
I agree with this but if comes down to Pogba and Raiola. If we don't sell him to Real this summer and he refused to extend his contract. His price will only drop and Real may not mind waiting for him for another year or so. It's sad but player and agent power is very dangerous these days and Raiola is the mastermind of moving his clients from different clubs to get his cut as well. Pogba is great but we need a proper leader in midfield. Someone who won't flirt with other clubs. I'm pretty sure Pogba wanted to go to Man City at one point in time. The guy is all about himself and there's nothing wrong with thinking about yourself but to think it was the romantic in him to come back to United, that would make us very naive.