Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dev1l

So you don’t want to sign de Ligt either
If Raiola is his agent, better avoid. The guy destablizes his clients in order for them to move every couple of years. You can't build a team with such players

Owen06

They've been so many rumours regarding his departure which who knows,maybe be true or not but the most surprising thing is some portion of the fans and pundits as a whole saying he should be the first player to be sold.

Why do pundits and media keep labelling him a problem?
Pogba has contributed a lot since he got here only degea has contributed as much,I have never entered any game without pogba with confidence of getting all three points, even when he performs poorly he's still better than most,no one has contributed more goals and assist, points and key passes since he entered the team but for some reason there's this hatred he receives from fans and media,how can you suggest for a player with such contributions to be sold?

Some fans argue on here that some certain pundits don't rate him but is there any other player being called out by this pundits for underforming as much as they call out pogba?or are we saying there's a player in the team performing better?
Luke Shaw was called out by Jose for his performances and you needed to see the way Jose was being sluttered by this pundits with some claiming he would be the best in europe if he moved to tottenham compared to the way they've been destroying pogba since mourinho fallout.
He's criticized for not rescuing us while we are losing but I can't remember a midfiielder who consistently rescue his team while they are losing,if Gerrard was that good as they say he'll have a league title or two.

Football is a team game now more than ever,look at city,liverpool,tottenham,ajax they all play as a team,there's no such thing as player x being more important than player y, people say how fantastic de bruyne is for city to batch pogba but his team is topping the strongest Liverpool team I've ever seen and are after a potential domestic treble without him,we can't turn against him for not carrying us regularly or not being the kind of player to build a team around,nobody is unless you are ronaldo or Messi.as far as midfiielder goes he's one of the best and we should not entertain selling him considering his contributions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raoul

Rolaholic

It's gone very quiet on PP.
His agent just got banned for the summer and Real, Perez mainly, don't seem willing to meet our valuation of him (150m) so I'd be more surprised than anything if he did indeed leave this summer than him staying at this point

Yakuza_devils

Sell him. Underperformed for us for years while always flirting with RM. Care more for social media, advertisements and off the field activities. Problematic figure in dressing room. Greedy agent threatening to leave us if his pay demand not being met while performing mediocraly for us.

Most importantly, with the money we get from the sales and saving of the wages we can get 2 very good midfielders for rebuild instead.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
It feels like there's good balance to this situation. If he goes, we get loadsamoney and can (possibly) put it to good use (:nervous:) strengthening the team. If he stays, we've got a top player.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
This is where Mourinho might actually benefit us. He is tight with Perez and after the high profile bust ups it would be a surprise if Perez doesnt pick up the phone for a quick chat before stumping up a record transfer fee. Zidane wants but think Perez will only go along to a point and not entertain the sort of fee we will demand.
Just hope its sorted early so we can get Pogba focussed on next season rather than angling for the move all summer.

crossy1686

career ending
His agent just got banned for the summer and Real, Perez mainly, don't seem willing to meet our valuation of him (150m) so I'd be more surprised than anything if he did indeed leave this summer than him staying at this point
Read an article last week that Madrid were also becoming 'exasperated' with Riola's negotiation tactics.

Question is though, if he wants out and we don't sell this summer, he'll only be worth less next summer with one year left on his contract and no intention of resigning.

We should rinse someone this year in my opinion.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If we are going to sell Pogba, we should be looking for £200m because he’s a top quality. Other clubs has been taken advantage from us and we should be taking advantage from Real. They are also looking for rebuilding. Anything less than £150m is criminal & we will regret it.

Le Red

I think that without Pogba the team could be even better. Feck it if technically he's our best player. Screw his effing penalty goals followed by that stupid dab that will become a symbol of this damned season. The guy is absolutely pivotal in setting the example of slouching and not giving a damn. A huge negative influence in the dressing room and an anti-leader. The best we could make from this guy is a lot of cash and sending the problem to Madrid where he belongs as the primadonna that he is.
He's never going to be a football legend. He's lucky to be part of such a talented French generation so he has a WC to his name otherwise he'd just be a waste of amazing talent.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I can't see why anyone would pay over £100m, i think we're stuck with him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We're in a good position if he stays or goes. If he goes we cash in and reinvest. If he stays we build around him.
Have you not learnt by now he's not good enough to have a team built around him?

Slamar85

If we are going to sell Pogba, we should be looking for £200m because he’s a top quality. Other clubs has been taken advantage from us and we should be taking advantage from Real. They are also looking for rebuilding. Anything less than £150m is criminal & we will regret it.
Are you serious about 200 mil figure or even 150? The best we can get is probably around 100 to 120 range.

C'est Moi Cantona

We're in a good position if he stays or goes. If he goes we cash in and reinvest. If he stays we build around him.
I'd like to know who we'd reinvest the money on who would have anything like his ability.

I think we might find that how much money we might have is not going to be our biggest problem this summer, so the sooner Pogba accepts he's staying the better.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
You don't have to necessarily build around him. Just surround him with good players and he will flourish. See Juventus and France.
This. If he leaves and plays with Modric and Casemiro he will be best midfielder in Spain

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think that without Pogba the team could be even better. Feck it if technically he's our best player. Screw his effing penalty goals followed by that stupid dab that will become a symbol of this damned season. The guy is absolutely pivotal in setting the example of slouching and not giving a damn. A huge negative influence in the dressing room and an anti-leader. The best we could make from this guy is a lot of cash and sending the problem to Madrid where he belongs as the primadonna that he is.
He's never going to be a football legend. He's lucky to be part of such a talented French generation so he has a WC to his name otherwise he'd just be a waste of amazing talent.
Tell us how you really feel

AJ10

Surround him with similar quality players and he'll be great but asking him to take the games by the scruff of the neck, Yeah not that sort of player IMO.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Crap post, you haven't got a clue what goes on in the dressing room. Doesn't give a damn but tried to rally everyone before the City game according to the press, same 'Anti Leader' giving rousing speeches for France before big games.

Drop it out

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You don't have to necessarily build around him. Just surround him with good players and he will flourish. See Juventus and France.
Juve was a while ago in an easier league and even then I recall Juventus fans (admittedly I know 2 in person but the consensus was gained from the "Juventuz" forums) had complained of his inconsistency. It was never magnified though because the team as a whole was performing well and they'd walk to the title.

France is not comparable. International form never is. People kept boning him for the 4 good games out of 7 he had in the World Cup and trying to correlate that to consistency over a season.

Andersons Dietician

Can I just say whoever it was that was saying this to him in such a manner I feel sorry that we share a common interest in Manchester United because I don’t want to be associated with such a person.

Scenes like that are really going to make him want to stay and for that matter others seeing such things are probably going to think why the hell would I want to go there and be subjected to such abuse.

Holocene

Can I just say whoever it was that was saying this to him in such a manner I feel sorry that we share a common interest in Manchester United because I don’t want to be associated with such a person.

Scenes like that are really going to make him want to stay and for that matter others seeing such things are probably going to think why the hell would I want to go there and be subjected to such abuse.
Disgusting.

This may be the final nudge Pogba needed to wave bye-bye to United.Well done,TopRed.:houllier:

Jonno

He’s got a point though hasn’t he. He has been sh!te. He’s incredibly talented and only shown a fraction of it. He’s not put enough effort in this season, often he’s been walking around the pitch, incredibly bad at decision making, when to hold the ball when to pass it, when to take his man on, when to keep it simple. He’s not been good enough, and if he wants to stand and listen to what fans think, fans who pay the best part of a grand a season then he needs to take it

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Juve was a while ago in an easier league and even then I recall Juventus fans (admittedly I know 2 in person but the consensus was gained from the "Juventuz" forums) had complained of his inconsistency. It was never magnified though because the team as a whole was performing well and they'd walk to the title.

France is not comparable. International form never is. People kept boning him for the 4 good games out of 7 he had in the World Cup and trying to correlate that to consistency over a season.
They’re actually both comparable. He was pretty good in both places with the common thread being he was surrounded by very good players. The sort of midfield and attacking players he has played with here aren’t of that caliber.

Holocene

He’s got a point though hasn’t he. He has been sh!te. He’s incredibly talented and only shown a fraction of it. He’s not put enough effort in this season, often he’s been walking around the pitch, incredibly bad at decision making, when to hold the ball when to pass it, when to take his man on, when to keep it simple. He’s not been good enough, and if he wants to stand and listen to what fans think, fans who pay the best part of a grand a season then he needs to take it
Are you honestly defending the individual in that video hailing abuse at Pogba?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They’re actually both comparable. He was pretty good in both places with the common thread being he was surrounded by very good players. The sort of midfield and attacking players he has played with here aren’t of that caliber.
They're not comparable. Because one is Serie A where you walk the league against teams that aren't as good as the Premier League sides are today. And the other is for your country where good form equates to a small handful of games rather than the months required at league level.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Well as if there were any doubt he'd want to leave this summer anyway that 'altercation' will have done it

Just watch Ed beg him to stay and give him a huge new contract

Canagel

Embrassing.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
They're not comparable. Because one is Serie A where you walk the league against teams that aren't as good as the Premier League sides are today. And the other is for your country where good form equates to a small handful of games rather than the months required at league level.
We’re not talking about Juventus’ league performance. We’re talking about Pogba’s individual play when he was surrounded by a group of very good players and a good manager who could bind it all together. It wouldn’t matter if he played in Holland, Italy, or Turkey. It was his individual performances that led us to bring him back. The same can be said of his leadership qualities with France. We lack good players and a good manager at the moment and so obviously Pogba’s performances (along with most other players) are going to be sub standard.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We’re not talking about Juventus’ league performance. We’re talking about Pogba’s individual play when he was surrounded by a group of very good players and a good manager who could bind it all together. It wouldn’t matter if he played in Holland, Italy, or Turkey. It was his individual performances that led us to bring him back. The same can be said of his leadership qualities with France. We lack good players and a good manager at the moment and so obviously Pogba’s performances (along with most other players) are going to be sub standard.
Pogba's individual play has been far from brilliant in a united shirt. We can respectfully agree to disagree but I've seen him swing to extremes - from great play to constantly taking too long on the ball, sticking his arse out to shield and lazily drag overs galore.

Also, you can't exactly reference Juventus and France directly and then claim it's got nothing to do with the league he plays in. Serie A is a much easier league, and it's much easier to look a lot better there than it is here.

He's had too many excuses thrown to protect him. Jose is a great tactical manager that he decided to fall out with. Jose should get some blame for not knowing some players react to positivity better than tough love.

But then, Ole is an attacking minded manager who gives him the utmost love and respect and he still can't sustain good form. He's literally worked under both extremes this season and has 3 months of good form against piss easy teams to show for it.