Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
United as a brand should be all over protecting Pogba. I'd like to see social media team showing him some love and this would resonate with Paul and hopefully he'd want to stay and be part of this club. I don't want to sell him, he's a great player who we can build off of and around and can work one diamond system. Get other good players in and we will be very strong.

If we are to sell him, he must go for minimum Coutinho levels.

Jeffthered

United as a brand should be all over protecting Pogba. I'd like to see social media team showing him some love and this would resonate with Paul and hopefully he'd want to stay and be part of this club. I don't want to sell him, he's a great player who we can build off of and around and can work one diamond system. Get other good players in and we will be very strong.

This in my opinion, is one of the most sensible responses I have seen regarding the Pogba debate. I have always been amazed how many Man Utd fans (on here anyway..) seem to actually dislike him. Why? People are so infatuated by his every flaming' move, that's the problem. He states he has always been this player, since a kid. The transfer fee changed everything.

I see nothing but a world-class talent who I absolutely love watching. How many other Prem players, let alone United players, could geneuinely warrant such a statement?

If so many were not so quick to slag the guy off, maybe, just maybe, he would consider having the Man Utd team built around him. Maybe, just maybe, he would have enjoyed that, and taken that responsibility.

But with the media, punditry and some elements of the fan-base as it is, of course he is going to take his family and move on.

flappyjay

He needs better midfield partners and a proper striker.

Even an old zlatan brought more out of Pogba.

It's been proven; give Pogba proper support, and he's the best around.
People say he is a sign of our current teams bad attitude. But i see him as a sign of our bad transfer strategy, people expect this one superstar player to raise the levels of average and below average team mates, it just doesn't work that way. Have good players around him and he will perform to a much higher level. Remove him from the team and we are no better than Everton

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
United as a brand should be all over protecting Pogba. I'd like to see social media team showing him some love and this would resonate with Paul and hopefully he'd want to stay and be part of this club. I don't want to sell him, he's a great player who we can build off of and around and can work one diamond system. Get other good players in and we

This in my opinion, is one of the most sensible responses I have seen regarding the Pogba debate. I have always been amazed how many Man Utd fans (on here anyway..) seem to actually dislike him. Why? People are so infatuated by his every flaming' move, that's the problem. He states he has always been this player, since a kid. The transfer fee changed everything.

I see nothing but a world-class talent who I absolutely love watching. How many other Prem players, let alone United players, could geneuinely warrant such a statement?

If so many were not so quick to slag the guy off, maybe, just maybe, he would consider having the Man Utd team built around him. Maybe, just maybe, he would have enjoyed that, and taken that responsibility.

But with the media, punditry and some elements of the fan-base as it is, of course he is going to take his family and move on.
Bear in mind, how other superstars will look at how he has been treated and think, that's a club that will back me? Probably not many.

DFreshKing

On his day a great individual talent but we need to create a great team. Modern football is athletic and driven, even the most talented are required to work and run. He wouldn't keep his place in Pep's or Klopp's team and like it or not they are the benchmark for now. Neither United or Pogba are good enough to carry a luxury player with the teams we are competing against.

Patrick08

Play him at 10 in a free role, with proper investment in midfeild bringing 3 players in including rabiot. Anywhere else he will sulk the same like last season.

Transfer is impossible this season if still he doesn't come good sell him next summer.

But bringing 3 midfielders in this summer is crucial this summer.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hopefully we don't sell him. When he reaches his last year we can do a Hazard and sell Pogba for about 100 mil., but not before, imo. He's the most talented player in the league and even with his injury/form problems, he's already one of the best players in England. Bringing in van de Beek who isn't even half the player Pogba is or Rakitic would be a damn shame.

Pogba and Raiola can't do shit, except throw a few chairs around. To protect his brand and image Pogba simply has to perform and for at least another two years we should reap full benefits of it.

Buy a CB, a right fullback, a midfielder and right winger and we're set, IMO. If coached properly we can challenge for the league.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I definitely wouldn't sell Paul Pogba given there's very few players in world football with his natural talent. The likes of Bruno Fernandes, whose signing would make some sense if Pogba, appears to be such a vastly inferior version. But in an ideal world, given Pogba himself has been patchy for us and isnt suited to a developing side, I wouldn't be bothered much by his sale either. However, with our track record, one doesnt have much confidence in replacing him well.

Also if we do have to sell, Madrid should have to break the record fee IMO. World cup winner, outrageous abiliy, loud personality, marketable.

Jib

Damn Zidane really wants him. He refused Eriksen and Van de Beek :lol:

Rendezvous with Ronaldo

Supports
Hartlepool
Is there any evidence Pogba himself wants to leave? I actually feel like there's a much greater chance of him staying than leaving.

Get young talent

He wants to leave but he isn't willing to take a pay cut.
Yes, i can see in his cunning eyes and attitude when the media talk to him about the Real move that he want to leave, but i also believe that he will not force the transfer.

What we need to do, is get Herera and Pogba replacement in first to get good value and sell him after.

We only take 2 options from Real, a swap with Varane or full cash.

If they don't want that, he stay another saison, he as a contract that allow us to not be forced to sell this summer.

Also, i would like to block Pogba just to stick it in Raiola face, for using us in De Ligt saga.

If we don't bring the players in, before selling him, all price will be inflated to the max.

We must be smarter with this one.

Get Ndombele and Partey in, then we can sell him.

Last edited:

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
People say he is a sign of our current teams bad attitude. But i see him as a sign of our bad transfer strategy, people expect this one superstar player to raise the levels of average and below average team mates, it just doesn't work that way. Have good players around him and he will perform to a much higher level. Remove him from the team and we are no better than Everton
Actually, it can and it does.

Truly great players more often than not raise the game performances from their teammates and effect a result. Ronaldo did it. RVP did it. Scholes did it when he had to come out of retirement to help us. Pogba needs a team around him because he's a luxury player. We don't have that, and our needs with the price tag on him have created these crazy expectations. He will get that at Real Madrid + he would probably love to work with Zidane. Can't blame him for that. We really ought to get stupid money from Madrid so we CAN build that team. There will be good luxury players in the future to come in and be a finishing touch of a solid squad.

flappyjay

Actually, it can and it does.

Truly great players more often than not raise the game performances from their teammates and effect a result. Ronaldo did it. RVP did it. Scholes did it when he had to come out of retirement to help us. Pogba needs a team around him because he's a luxury player. We don't have that, and our needs with the price tag on him have created these crazy expectations. He will get that at Real Madrid + he would probably love to work with Zidane. Can't blame him for that. We really ought to get stupid money from Madrid so we CAN build that team. There will be good luxury players in the future to come in and be a finishing touch of a solid squad.
:lol::lol::lol: so what you are saying is that when Scholes came out of retirement Rooney, Carrick, Evra, vidic, Rio and others I haven't mentioned were a bunch of average/below average players whose season was saved by Scholes, I didn't know we were a team lucky to be top 2 at the time. Now prey do tell which club of below average players did Ronaldo drag to title wins. Too bad RVP's power of dragging average players to titles didn't help Arsenal to one. Atleast he did help an average United team win a title that they had lost by goal difference the season before.

Florida Man

:lol::lol::lol: so what you are saying is that when Scholes came out of retirement Rooney, Carrick, Evra, vidic, Rio and others I haven't mentioned were a bunch of average/below average players whose season was saved by Scholes, I didn't know we were a team lucky to be top 2 at the time. Now prey do tell which club of below average players did Ronaldo drag to title wins.
That's not what I'm saying, that's what you are saying. That same team that had those aforementioned players also fielded average/mediocre midfields, which were improved with Scholes next to them. However, the way you went about it means you missed the point, which is that there are players that raise the performances of others around them. If the Scholes example puts sand in your crotch, then make a rebuttal about Ronaldo and RVP.

Btw, if we were so good, then why did Scholes have to come out of retirement?

flappyjay

That's not what I'm saying, that's what you are saying. That same team that had those aforementioned players also fielded average/mediocre midfields, which were improved with Scholes next to them. However, the way you went about it means you missed the point, which is that there are players that raise the performances of others around them. If the Scholes example puts sand in your crotch, then make a rebuttal about Ronaldo and RVP.

Btw, if we were so good, then why did Scholes have to come out of retirement?
Which groups of average players did them to drag to title wins? Also you didn't read my post either or you actually do belive that Scholes would drag this current version of Manchester United to a title challenge. Why he came back maybe because we had an injury crisis in midfield or the fact we were so broke we didn't buy a midfielder when he retired.

Florida Man

Which groups of average players did them to drag to title wins? Also you didn't read my post either or you actually do belive that Scholes would drag this current version of Manchester United to a title challenge. Why he came back maybe because we had an injury crisis in midfield or the fact we were so broke we didn't buy a midfielder when he retired.
Evans, OShea, Fletcher (he was a little better than average), and the one or two times we used the Da Silva twins in midfield. I also never said anything about dragging this current team to a title challenge, and neither did you in the post that I quoted. It only mentioned raising the game of players and that's it.

I don't disagree with your assessment of why he came back, but why he came back is not my point, though it does enforce my point. When he came back, did we not improve our play? Did the other midfielders not have better performances with Scholes in the side? That's my point.

flappyjay

Evans, OShea, Fletcher (he was a little better than average), and the one or two times we used the Da Silva twins in midfield. I also never said anything about dragging this current team to a title challenge, and neither did you in the post that I quoted. It only mentioned raising the game of players and that's it.

I don't disagree with your assessment of why he came back, but why he came back is not my point, though it does enforce my point. When he came back, did we not improve our play? Did the other midfielders not have better performances with Scholes in the side? That's my point.
Hence why I said you didn't understand my original post. Scholes, Ronaldo and great players will have good players playing to an even better level that's true. You replied by insinuating that Ronaldo or Scholes could drag our current lot out of mediocrity

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Stop all the bullshit Madrid. Stump up £180 million and he’s yours.

Canagel

Damn Zidane really wants him. He refused Eriksen and Van de Beek :lol:
And rightly so. Talent wise none is on his level from the available CM's. He already speaks Spanish I even read so there's no worry of not settling in etc.

Florida Man

Hence why I said you didn't understand my original post. Scholes, Ronaldo and great players will have good players playing to an even better level that's true. You replied by insinuating that Ronaldo or Scholes could drag our current lot out of mediocrity
Scholes and Ronaldo can definitely drag our mediocre lot. More so Ronaldo because he’s just that good. Maybe not to a title challenge but certainly top 4.

I think Pogba was one of the major reasons Zidane made a comeback at the Madrid.
Something along the lines of : Give me Pogba,Perez and I'll be back.

Patrick08

How about instead of crying about it Paul you embrace the added expectancy and show you're worth the price tag? The likes of Ronaldo and Messi work every game to show why they're considered the best, no one expects Pogba to be at their level because he plays in a different position but at least try and be the best in that position
He will dismiss every thing because he thinks he is a super star. I don't know where all this pride and arrogance comes from when he gets owned against top teams and still continue to think he needs no improvement.

If we don't put him in a 10 in a free role and have the crucial balance next season with crucial additions he is seriously going to start his tantrums and plant the seeds of leaving.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Not going nowhere. Madrid already made their top transfer, and unless PSG wants him, he will continue his saga here.

fergiesarmy1

Get 150m from Madrid and get Raiola to ensure De Ligt joins us and they can have Pogba
Take the first, forget the second. Everyone needs to step away from the booze and or the drugs if anyone thinks united are an attractive proposition to De Ligt

fergiesarmy1

And rightly so. Talent wise none is on his level from the available CM's. He already speaks Spanish I even read so there's no worry of not settling in etc.
I’d gladly give this poison away especially to Madrid, he downed tools for the last third of the season.

Art Vandelay

He will dismiss every thing because he thinks he is a super star. I don't know where all this pride and arrogance comes from when he gets owned against top teams and still continue to think he needs no improvement.

If we don't put him in a 10 in a free role and have the crucial balance next season with crucial additions he is seriously going to start his tantrums and plant the seeds of leaving.
I think that's the problem, he is a superstar, but there's a difference between being a superstar and being a great player. Pogba and several of our other players don't seem to realise this. They think because they get the attention and the money at United that they've made it to the top when they haven't.

JMack1234

I'm sure Pogba will go.

He wants to go to Real and Real want to sign him. United obviously won't want to lose him but frankly there isn't that much United can do at the moment.

If United sell him and re-invest the money in a more consistent, albeit less talented, midfielder then I don't think much harm will be done. However I've no confidence in the board to do that.

In Rainbows

I’d gladly give this poison away especially to Madrid, he downed tools for the last third of the season.
No he did not. There is no evidence for that. In fact, I constantly hear how we shouldn't judge Ole's style of football in the last third of the season because he was forced to revert to a defensive style, due to injuries. So which is it?

fergiesarmy1

No he did not. There is no evidence for that. In fact, I constantly hear how we shouldn't judge Ole's style of football in the last third of the season because he was forced to revert to a defensive style, due to injuries. So which is it?
2 goals in his last fifteen games both in the same game, both from the penalty spot. Good enough for a pudding midfielder not good enough from our enigmatic attacking world record midfielder I’d say.

Gandalf

I just can't take this seriously. Juventus cannot afford one third of his asking price and certainly cannot afford to pay him as well as Ronaldo, it just seems to be media nonsense for clicks. Honestly on a global scale Juventus is a step down from United even if they are champions in their own country, leaving for Madrid makes sense but if Paul goes back to Juventus it would be incredibly safe and unambitious of him.