Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neilwij

According to sky italy Juventus are at the man utd offices in london to discuss buying pogba. Who knows if this is true or not

-Supreme-

Pogba is our best player without a doubt, but sometimes a player like him has a knock on affect in how the team functions overall.

If we get good money then we should move him on, but if he remains then i wouldn't have a problem either.

dev1l

Cancelo s gone to City according to Italian media.
Re Dybala, thanks but no

GM K

I just can't take this seriously. Juventus cannot afford one third of his asking price and certainly cannot afford to pay him as well as Ronaldo, it just seems to be media nonsense for clicks. Honestly on a global scale Juventus is a step down from United even if they are champions in their own country, leaving for Madrid makes sense but if Paul goes back to Juventus it would be incredibly safe and unambitious of him.
Unambitous to move from United to Juventus? Minus finance, I see no area where Juventus is a step down for any United player at the moment.

Silas

Wonder how they'd fit both him and Ramsey in the team. Doesn't seem ideal. Don't see us letting him go, regardless.
Unambitous to move from United to Juventus? Minus finance, I see no area where Juventus is a step down for any United player at the moment.
Maybe in the sense that he's already won everything in Italy? The CL's obviously the big goal though.

GM K

Regardless of if you think he's world class or not, or if he's lived up to his expectations or not, the kicker is if he wants to go then sell him. His tosser of an agent and Paul himself have plenty of potential to derail things if they aren't happy and we can't have that right now. If he wants to stay great, shut up get your head down and play, if not, put in a transfer request and sod off.
At last, someone nails it.

Exactly my thinking. All views about Pogba's talents or abilities mean s**t if he wants out. How people are not tired of players who don't want to play for United beats me. I don't care how good you are, if you don't want to come here (e.g. Bale, Griezmann etc), stay where you are. If you want to leave (e.g Pogba, Lukaku etc), bye-bye.

GM K

Wonder how they'd fit both him and Ramsey in the team. Doesn't seem ideal. Don't see us letting him go, regardless.

Maybe in the sense that he's already won everything in Italy? The CL's obviously the big goal though.
Oh, I get that but if you are at United at the moment after having experienced so much success at Juve and Juve comes calling again wanting you back, promising to pay you more and give you a better shot at winning the UCL (with a certain Cristiano Ronaldo in the team), surely, taking the offer will be a step up if you ask me.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Juventus is a good move for him in terms of his marketing vehicle. Another round of "Pogback" pasted all over social media. Then we can buy him again in 3 years, and do it all over again.

On a serious note, he may well be our best player, but everything that surrounds him is just so tiresome. We heard all of this all last summer, and now it's going to be all of this summer too. Raiola's high profile clients never seem to renew and are always on the move as well. Zlatan didn't ever renew a contact IIRC. Mkhi hasn't either. The more his players move, the richer he gets, so there's no chance his most high profile client is going to settle anywhere. Least of all with us.

I don't really care if he leaves. We probably shouldn't have ever brought him back.

clarkydaz

Exactly my thinking. All views about Pogba's talents or abilities mean s**t if he wants out. How people are not tired of players who don't want to play for United beats me. I don't care how good you are, if you don't want to come here (e.g. Bale, Griezmann etc), stay where you are. If you want to leave (e.g Pogba, Lukaku etc), bye-bye.
'Build the team around him' is plastered all over these threads :lol:

Chairman Steve

I’d rather Juve just pay the full whack and no players coming our way. Mainly because I have no idea whether these proposed Juve players would be willing to play for Utd anyway and at best we’re stuck with yet more players who are here to get paid, go through the motions and be very hard to shift once we realise they’ve checked out mentally, because fecking Ed and the marketing posse will have probably handed him a gold mine to join.

Gandalf

I’d rather Juve just pay the full whack and no players coming our way. Mainly because I have no idea whether these proposed Juve players would be willing to play for Utd anyway and at best we’re stuck with yet more players who are here to get paid, go through the motions and be very hard to shift once we realise they’ve checked out mentally, because fecking Ed and the marketing posse will have probably handed him a gold mine to join.
This. Not interested in any of their squad frankly and would rather we invest the money in building the team the right way. Sadly I get the feeling that if we sell Lukaku and Pogba for a combined 200 million for example, Ole will likely be lucky to see half of it for re-investing in the squad, this is how our owners operate and I don't see it changing.

Artorias

This. Not interested in any of their squad frankly and would rather we invest the money in building the team the right way. Sadly I get the feeling that if we sell Lukaku and Pogba for a combined 200 million for example, Ole will likely be lucky to see half of it for re-investing in the squad, this is how our owners operate and I don't see it changing.
Sadly, that's true. Knowing that it is the case, a prefer a Pogba + Darmian for a Cancelo + Dybala + cash.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

Exactly, we need dedicated team players who want to be here not people with an eye on their next move and signing on bonus.

Jason@3108

I honestly think we need to sell all the under achievers even if no replacements come in and use the next season to properly evaluate the likes of Rashford, martial, McT and Bailey.

Worst we finish mid-table then we can properly rebuild once and for all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silas

Oh, I get that but if you are at United at the moment after having experienced so much success at Juve and Juve comes calling again wanting you back, promising to pay you more and give you a better shot at winning the UCL (with a certain Cristiano Ronaldo in the team), surely, taking the offer will be a step up if you ask me.
Yeah, no doubting that with our current situation. Depends on if he has any faith in the club at the moment, I guess.

Gandalf

Not a step down but unambitious to go back to a team and a league he has already conquered and where he knows there is no real competition for the league title. Moving to Spain or even going to Germany would be a new challenge as opposed to the safety and security of going back and repeating himself.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
And what makes everyone think we would invest the money well?

All evidence says we will not spend the money, or if we do we would waste it on over priced mercenaries.

He has to stay. Ole isn't stupid.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If Maguire is "worth" 80-90m in this market, Pogba is worth twice that.

Can't believe the press is on about Juve. After scraping together 100m to sign Ronnie there's surely no way they've got 150m+ to buy Pogba.

-Supreme-

If Maguire is "worth" 80-90m in this market, Pogba is worth twice that.

Can't believe the press is on about Juve. After scraping together 100m to sign Ronnie there's surely no way they've got 150m+ to buy Pogba.
People always seem to forget that clubs can easily sell their assets to generate funds

Juve could sell both Dybala & Costa to cover Pogba's fee

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
We will need one hell of a midfielder to compensate for Pogba's loss. He is our only source of creativity in the team. When he doesn't perform, we don't create anything.

Artorias

We will need one hell of a midfielder to compensate for Pogba's loss. He is our only source of creativity in the team. When he doesn't perform, we don't create anything.
For that reason we must replace him with a unit of players that works well with each other. I'm tired of that over dependancy of Pogba.

Womp

idiot
I think we'd be far better off creatively using the funds generated from him to get in 2-3 top class midfielders instead of having him alone.

davidmichael

Would it be acceptable in people’s opinion on here to swap Pogba for Cancelo, Dybala and Douglas Costa ? All three of those players would get in our starting eleven and be serious upgrades on what we have (Young, Lukaku and Lingard) in those positions and is probably about £150 million combined.

We could then go after Eriksen, Rice and Rabiot which would probably cost us around £120-£130 million and is a whole new midfield. We’d still have Matic, Fred, Pereira, McTominay, Garner and Gomes as back up so we’d have a strong midfield group.

Last edited:

Adcuth

Once in a generation talent
The lad literally has everything, of only his attitude, ego and work ethic didn't get in the way. Remember the promise balotelli had, Pogba is twice that player but the same shit holds him back. Pisses me off that the player we should have isn't the one we see each week. Ronaldo had about 5 off days a season but still gives his all. Pogba should be close to his level.

Last edited:

Gandalf

Id happily take them 3 for a Pogba from Juve.
Problem with the idea of a swap deal is that the players involved have to agree to it and it is fair to think that some if not all of the names mentioned would turn down moving to a rebuilding club that is not playing CL football. We would also be bringing 3 high salaries onto our wage bill whilst removing 1 which would also impact our ability to offer attractive deals to other targets. Still feel straight cash or nothing is the way to go.

Aloysius's Back 3

Pogba at United to me is Toure at City.

A team that idolises a level of indiviualism.

Pogba for France is balanced & basic - at United he is just a mish mash.

Whilst the lad is unlucky to play in a rubbish team with rubbish tactics - he remains a part of it.