Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dante

Average bang
i'd agree with your post but for this part in bold which seems like madness to me. I'm pretty sure he would have loved a competent right winger to switch play for. His passing would have been even more on display
It's for a different thread, but our lopsided formation is about creating overloads on the left. Mata/Lingard are a part of that.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Making what up? ‘Things’ is a tad vague.

Did you miss the video plastered all over the internet of the fan pelting him after the end of season lap of [dis]honour.

Pogba is our best player. Does that mean he always plays to the optimum of his ability no.

I’m actually done with all of our players & have no issue with them being sold, £150mil for Pogba is a good deal by anyone’s standards but selling Pogba now misses the point imo, sell from the bottom up & if he’s still sulking get rid once we’ve improved other key areas.

Just loook at this forum & social media, that’s not animosity it’s much worse.

Calling Pogba’s form below expectations is one thing, claiming selling him in lie of keeping other less talented players seems imbo

We we’re light with Pogba & Herrera, replacing them man for man & expecting another ‘extraordinary’ improvement from McTom seems ‘unlikely’.

Fred is a £50mil investment & Matic was brought back for make or break games at the end of the season. They will both start more games than McTom save another big step from McT.

But we are arguing over something that may happen, I take your points on board.
Yeah, I do understand your POV, maybe I’m being blindly optimistic. I’m not so sure about your McTom assessment, I think he’ll take a step forward.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Genuine question: when Pogba returned to United, did you think it was unlikely that he would move on to another club in a few years?

I would have thought that a push for a move to someone like Real was always on the cards after a few years yet others seem more surprised, as if Pogba has been driven to this.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's for a different thread, but our lopsided formation is about creating overloads on the left. Mata/Lingard are a part of that.
So in theory, we shouldn't really be looking for a RW right ? I don't buy that tbh. The game should be about creating space, overloading on the left helps no one.

Dante

Average bang
So in theory, we shouldn't really be looking for a RW right ? I don't buy that tbh. The game should be about creating space, overloading on the left helps no one.
Fergie, LvG and Ole have all done it (though Fergie did it with different players).

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Genuine question: when Pogba returned to United, did you think it was unlikely that he would move on to another club in a few years?

I would have thought that a push for a move to someone like Real was always on the cards after a few years yet others seem more surprised, as if Pogba has been driven to this.
I had that feeling too, but I expected he will be a fantastic player for us. And he wasn't.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
We can keep him for one more year without his value going down. It's pretty clear he wants to leave. So it's a matter of when we should sell him. I want him to stay because I'm not sure whether we'll able to bring in any player to replace him.
I don't get why you want to force to stay a player who wants to leave? All the more so in Pogba's case, since he rarely puts in a proper shift in the first place, so if you force him to stay his work-rate and attitude is only going to get even worse next season.

Much better to accept RM's best offer and then re-invest in one or more replacements. United's team will improve as a result.

AgentP

Do you actually trust him to play with anywhere near sufficient commitment if we keep him that extra season though? Or be a good influence.

If the club have are even vaguely competent (big if, I know) the "news" that Pogba wants to leave this summer is something they've been anticipating for a while. It would be pretty bad if they don't have a potential replacement in mind.
There are so many players who have openly said they want to leave but still delivered for their team on the pitch. We could even come to an agreement with him that we'll let him leave the next year if he doesn't create any problems and focuses on the team. I don't buy this argument that a player will under-perform if he wants to leave.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't get why you want to force to stay a player who wants to leave? All the more so in Pogba's case, since he rarely puts in a proper shift in the first place, so if you force him to stay his work-rate and attitude is only going to get even worse next season.

Much better to accept RM's best offer and then re-invest in one or more replacements. United's team will improve as a result.
This is the best case scenario but a lot of fans are rightly doubting the club to get the right players to improve the team

Treble

The easy part is to refuse offers for Pogba and the difficult to convince him to perform throughout next season and not being "a virus" in the changing room. A non-motivated Pogba might ruin next campaign. Expect a 130m deal with Real with 20m add-ons.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I'm happy to see the back of him.
The price we paid at the time, I expected a lot more from him.
Some of his 'stats' just paper over cracks of whats been a turbulent and under performing stint here.

I know fans from a few clubs, and none have rated what he's done since he's been here.
We'll make good money on him, with the 2+1 contract, the balls in our court.

Ndidi, Rice, Longstaff, Partey, Lo Celso, Maddison, N'Dombele, Bruno, Rabiot, Tielmanns and whoever else we've been linked with, theres a good amount of players available and we can completely rebuild am under performing midfield with that money.... For a player who turned up in around half the games he played for us

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

Not sure tbh. I think cause he had the chance to go to Real when he came to United, made me think he came here because he wanted it over any other club

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I don't mind him leaving, provided we get a decent price for a player of his quality. But any player we are bringing in to replace this man better be good at football, or we're well and truly fecked.
These stats just say more about the other players than how good Pogba actually was. He played comfortably the most minutes of any outfield player and mostly in an advanced midfield position.

Another way of looking at them:
6 goals from open play. The 7 penalties could easily be on Ashley Young's stats instead.
Only 2 more assists than Ashley Westwood of Burnley.
Nearly half as many key passes as James Maddison (fair enough he takes corners as well).
5 more key passes than Kante (hardly known for his attacking prowess)

The stats don't show what we've lost due to lack of effort, poor positioning and bad decision making.

AgentP

This is the part I'm worried about. Otherwise I have no objection to him leaving.

Dante

Average bang
Our best player last year, yes, he's very good.
Ole pushed up Pogba in a way that neither LvG nor Fergie could have done, because he wasn't their player. Also, Fergie played lopsided formations in a very different way. LvG was similar with Mata coming inside, but he used Fellaini as more of a targetman than a playmaker.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Spot on Glaston.
It's worth noting that we finished outside the top four with Pogba this season, so we can't really have a fall from grace without him anyway.
It might hurt us short-term, but if we can bring in young talented players to replace him then we'll be better off in the end.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Madrid can feck off with their low ball offers. He is worth far more than Hazard so stop taking the piss and pony up his full value or go buy Eriksen from Spurs. Paul is just hitting his prime and is 2 years younger than Eden, not only is he on a long term contract with us but his resale value in 3 or 4 years will be far higher than Hazard. Age, contract, ability, resale value, commercial value all factor into the price and Paul is superior to Eden in every one of those areas. If we are asking 180 million we are spot on and if they try to haggle tell them the price is 200 million after July 1 and will rise 10 million a week from then until the window closes.
On what planet is Pogba a better player than Hazard?

MUFAN79

He can go as far as I'm concerned. But I have no faith that we know how to reinvest that money properly and actually replace him with some good players. And that's the real problem.

Rista

Are people saying he deserves better than Man Utd conveniently forgetting he IS part of the problem? I have never seen a player with so many excuses made for. The squad is shite, the manager is shite, the system does not suit him, his midfield partners do not suit him, he needs a team built around him, it goes on and on.

Great player when he can be arsed, which isn't too often these days. We should milk this transfer as much as possible because we're not getting that kind of money for him after a year or two of these "best player" performances.

Ban

Making what up? ‘Things’ is a tad vague.

Did you miss the video plastered all over the internet of the fan pelting him after the end of season lap of [dis]honour.

Pogba is our best player. Does that mean he always plays to the optimum of his ability no.

I’m actually done with all of our players & have no issue with them being sold, £150mil for Pogba is a good deal by anyone’s standards but selling Pogba now misses the point imo, sell from the bottom up & if he’s still sulking get rid once we’ve improved other key areas.

Just loook at this forum & social media, that’s not animosity it’s much worse.

Calling Pogba’s form below expectations is one thing, claiming selling him in lie of keeping other less talented players seems imbo

We we’re light with Pogba & Herrera, replacing them man for man & expecting another ‘extraordinary’ improvement from McTom seems ‘unlikely’.

Fred is a £50mil investment & Matic was brought back for make or break games at the end of the season. They will both start more games than McTom save another big step from McT.

But we are arguing over something that may happen, I take your points on board.
Video of one fan is a reason he's leaving or one of the reasons? That's ridiculous to say the least. As for social media lots of shit is put and said there, it's like you just got to know that or what? He shouldn't be excused from criticism especially when he gives half arsed performances.
Saying all that he wants to leave so why keep him. United was always just a stepping stone for him anyway. It's sad some fans can't see through his actions.

Rake

He should be allowed to leave only if we receive a proper offer. Given how the prices have exploded, we must surely demand 130+ mil for him.

john moran

I agree with brophs post, Rioala told Pogba go United and your brand will go massive, now he has a huge profile off he pops to Madrid and When's in his 30s he'll end up at juve.
Riolala is doing a hell of a job as an agent . The pity is we cant recruit him to replace that Merchant Banker we have in charge of our transfer business .
Better for Pogba and UTD that they part ways as long as we get a suitable fee .
Decent player but one with too much baggage and not someone you can build a team around .

Ballache

Supports
Martial
These stats just say more about the other players than how good Pogba actually was. He played comfortably the most minutes of any outfield player and mostly in an advanced midfield position.

Another way of looking at them:
6 goals from open play. The 7 penalties could easily be on Ashley Young's stats instead.
Only 2 more assists than Ashley Westwood of Burnley.
Nearly half as many key passes as James Maddison (fair enough he takes corners as well).
5 more key passes than Kante (hardly known for his attacking prowess)

The stats don't show what we've lost due to lack of effort, poor positioning and bad decision making.
I love how people throw stats in our faces as if we haven't been watching this guy week in week out for three years.
The worry isn't that he's leaving, it's buying enough players to replace him.

SteveW

If he wants to leave somebody needs to pay big money. If that doesn't happen he will have to stay and play well enough to get someone to pay big money for him.

I'm much more concerned about replacing Herrera and Matic this summer to be honest. If we lose Pogba as the attacking one in front we can sign Fernandes/promote Angel whatever.

It counts for nothing until we have a proper foundation

FujiVice

There's a massive possibility that we could be losing De Gea, Pogba, Herrera and Lukaku in the same summer. That isnt a rebuild I'm affraid. Will we bring in players better than those?

Dan_F

Are people genuinely surprised? We have no direction, not much chance of major silverware in the next couple of seasons and haven’t gone anywhere in the three years he’s been here.

Of course it’s not ideal that he’s speaking out about wanting to leave, but at least he didn’t do anything halfway through the season. I don’t even have any issue with him wanting to move to Madrid or Juve, we’re clearly a level below them right now and he’s in the prime of his career.

You can argue that he’s part of the reason we’ve been so poor, in which case there’s no worries on our side, let’s just sell him for a good price and buy some other players. It’s a shame it hasn’t worked, but the last thing Ole needs is non committed players.

desirere

I don't mind Pogba leaving at all, but, him leaving would make things worse because a name like "Pogba" won't be replaced adequately and in order to attract players of such and higher caliber you need players of a certain quality already at the club. Luring in new "poster" boys will be hard and expensive, making any future deals even more expensive.

If I could have it my way, he and his agent would be put in their place and he would remain at the club silent. He still has 3 years on his contract and the right set of steps would be to sign another star palyer this year and then sell Pogba next year and replace him with good quality, only an obscene offer would suffice this year (no swap deals what so ever), and even then, such an option would mean that all of that money + what ever we have ready for this year would have to be spent. If it really were to happen and we lost Pogba, De Gea and Lukaku in the same window, a minimum of 2 top top class signings would be necessary not to regress a further couple of years (waiting for our youth to fulfill their potential to serve as bait for better players in the future).

This is by far the most important summer of this decade for the club, and I'm quite scared that the personal in charge of the club are just clueless to do the right things.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
This thread has been such an enjoyable and comedic read. My view is Pogba can feck off for 150 million (130 million minimum) and don't let the door hit him on the way out. We can then take the money and build an actual, energetic functional midfield. There are a shit ton of great midfielders available right now that would hugely improve our team, you all know who they are as the names are flying around this thread.

An example of what we could do: Bruno Fernandes (70 million), Tielemans (40 million) and Partey (43 million.) That would be a huge upgrade and there a plethora of affordable alernative options to these guys as well. Use the Pogba money to buy a new midfield, and use our original budget to improve the defence and right wing eg. Maguire (80 million),Wan Bissaka (50 million) and Nicolas Pepe (60 million). Suddenly we've got a vastly improved team.

De Gea and Lukaku can get fecked too if they don't want to be here. Both can be replaced, have no doubts about it. All of you idiots crying about the fans forcing Pogba into this are seriously deluded, this was always their bloody plan. I've seen this club lose players a lot better than this fairweather Freddy :)