Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nameischarles

How many of you guys would turn down Real Madrid or Juventus to stay at United in our current mess, if you were the same age as Pogba 26?

Most would leave, let's be honest. We're in a mess at the moment with a rookie manager overseeing the recruitment.

Most ambitious people would leave to play in the big competitions in a similar scenario. And at Juve or Real Madrid he would have a fair chance of winning the big titles in the foreseeable future.
Yea if I was in his position, I would too. Don't get me wrong him or most likely his agent is handling this wrong but I get it, he's entering his prime years and I'm sure this is not what he wanted or had hoped for when joining United.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Yea if I was in his position, I would too. Don't get me wrong him or most likely his agent is handling this wrong but I get it, he's entering his prime years and I'm sure this is not what he wanted or had hoped for when joining United.
It was the plan from the start. His head hasn't been in this club lately and certainly due to this plan his heart has never fully been in it either. It explains all his behaviour, inconsistencies and moments of laziness. To him this was a stop gap. You'd hope a player of his calibre would be able to take responsibility but he has not been able to carry that as that is tough and he could do without it while waiting for his chance at a bigger club. Great player, but terrible signing due to these circumstances.

I don't want us to sell him for any price under 200m. If we get pushed around, we push back on this. He should be left in the reserves again before he gets his move if the price point is not met. We need to take a stand and get rid of the habit of great players only coming in with a bad attitude, we can control this if we're not generally perceived as the go-to easy going huge money-stopgap development station for players with big shark agents behind them.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Why is it so complicated for Real Madrid to find large, large, large sums of money if it's a non-Brazilian black player? Hmmm.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Honestly, let him go for the right price. Absolutely no point keeping anyone that doesn’t want to be here. We’ve seen at the tail end of last season just how useless he can be when sulking.

Edit: it’s definitely not a Ronaldo type moment where it was clear we were never going to replace him adequately. With Pogba, I’m certain we’ll not miss him that badly if we sign someone like Eriksson for instance.

SER19

Barca should scrap de Ligt and Griezmann signings, buy pogba with the 160 instead and leave those 2 to us. We would be laughing

SER19

Honestly, let him go for the right price. Absolutely no point keeping anyone that doesn’t want to be here. We’ve seen at the tail end of last season just how useless he can be when sulking.
And the first 3 months of the season. And most of the 2 years before that. It's not like he's winning us games, if we're to be shit anyway I'd prefer be shit with players I actually like.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
And the first 3 months of the season. And most of the 2 years before that. It's not like he's winning us games, if we're to be shit anyway I'd prefer be shit with players I actually like.
Aye when he doesn’t want to play he’s actually a liability imo.

The Nani

How many of you guys would turn down Real Madrid or Juventus to stay at United in our current mess, if you were the same age as Pogba 26?

Most would leave, let's be honest. We're in a mess at the moment with a rookie manager overseeing the recruitment.

Most ambitious people would leave to play in the big competitions in a similar scenario. And at Juve or Real Madrid he would have a fair chance of winning the big titles in the foreseeable future.
I don’t blame him for leaving. I blame him for coming back.

SER19

Aye when he doesn’t want to play he’s actually a liability imo.
And can't imagine it's conducive with a rebuild of dressing room mentality. Solskjaer should just do the job that should have been done over a 3 year spell around 2014 and rebuild a team in Uniteds image. It's not his fault we've been shit for 6 years. His should be a 3 year job getting rid of every bad element in every aspect of the club

BlueHaze

And can't imagine it's conducive with a rebuild of dressing room mentality. Solskjaer should just do the job that should have been done over a 3 year spell around 2014 and rebuild a team in Uniteds image. It's not his fault we've been shit for 6 years. His should be a 3 year job getting rid of every bad element in every aspect of the club
He can't get rid of the main problem though..

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He definitely fecked up joining us from a very well run club in Juventus for sure. Joining us without champions league football too.
Raiola makes his money of transfers. If a player pointlessly moves back and fourth between the same two clubs it might not make sense but it makes money. Man Utd brand has built Pogba from a big name player to a much bigger celebrity now, that is without mentioning football and his performances hasn't contributed much to that with us. So even without CL next year, even without Pogba taking us further he'll be worth a lot more than what we bought him for. Raiola knew this and orchestrated the whole thing, now its time to get paid.

It is clear by now he didn't rejoin to be a part of rebuilding the club or help the club. From his talent, potential and expectations his performances has been a bit of a disappointment so its still up for debate if he has been a flop here really, after his initial success with Juventus. His development has been up and down, while his image has only grown. We could let him sit on the bench and sell him without any loss next summer and it would be fine. I don't think him and Raiola is going to succeed in making this happen. He'll probably stay, be a disruption while we prolong the inevitable.

The Nani

He definitely fecked up joining us from a very well run club in Juventus for sure. Joining us without champions league football too.
No, we fecked up signing a player who acted like he had unfinished business in a club he cared about but in truth was only chasing money. I doubt he’s too bothered about it considering Raiola is already engineering his next payday.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Raiola makes his money of transfers. If a player pointlessly moves back and fourth between the same two clubs it might not make sense but it makes money. Man Utd brand has built Pogba from a big name player to a much bigger celebrity now, that is without mentioning football and his performances hasn't contributed much to that with us. So even without CL next year, even without Pogba taking us further he'll be worth a lot more than what we bought him for. Raiola knew this and orchestrated the whole thing, now its time to get paid.

It is clear by now he didn't rejoin to be a part of rebuilding the club or help the club. From his talent, potential and expectations his performances has been a bit of a disappointment so its still up for debate if he has been a flop here really, after his initial success with Juventus. His development has been up and down, while his image has only grown. We could let him sit on the bench and sell him without any loss next summer and it would be fine. I don't think him and Raiola is going to succeed in making this happen. He'll probably stay, be a disruption while we prolong the inevitable.
With the benefit of hindsight. He fecked up from a football perspective. He went from playing with players like Vidal, Buffon, Pirlo etc and challenging for honours to a mess that just seemed to get worse with each passing year.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
With the benefit of hindsight. He fecked up from a football perspective. He went from playing with players like Vidal, Buffon, Pirlo etc and challenging for honours to a mess that just seemed to get worse with each passing year.
He is not a football watcher he is a player. He has to take pleasure in his own development and from a footballing standpoint this should and could have been more than a great platform for him. You almost make it out as if he is Pirlo level and should be playing with Messi. He was a young player who needed to develop into a complete midfielder, he could have been the best in the world. That is his responsibility, a player take ownership of his own development while a fan just watch football for entertainment. If he is playing with Pirlo or Schneiderlin shouldn't factor in when judging how good he is. It is irrelevant generally.

Rojo played with Messi but that doesn't mean he deserves to be playing for United. Pogba played with Pirlo, it doesn't mean he is too good for the club.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He is not a football watcher he is a player. He has to take pleasure in his own development and from a footballing standpoint this should and could have been more than a great platform for him. You almost make it out as if he is Pirlo level and should be playing with Messi. He was a young player who needed to develop into a complete midfielder, he could have been the best in the world. That is his responsibility, a player take ownership of his own development while a fan just watch football for entertainment. If he is playing with Pirlo or Schneiderlin shouldn't factor in when judging how good he is. It is irrelevant generally.

Rojo played with Messi but that doesn't mean he deserves to be playing for United. Pogba played with Pirlo, it doesn't mean he is too good for the club.
How was he to know he was joining a club that was gonna gonna make blunder after blunder in the transfer market. And end up signing duds like Fred from the Ukrainian league for a ridiculous sum and also promote McTominay who was nothing but average in our academy. Signing Matic who was poor for Chelsea in his final season was also a bad move.

There's only so much one player can do when he is surrounded by such mediocrity.

If he was so bad then maybe you guys should inform the Madrid and Juventus hierarchy before they make a mistake.

devips

I don't get this debate. Pogba wants to leave. Fine. We sell him with a view to maximising our profit from selling a mercenary. Good riddance. We buy quality mid-fielders to replace him. Job done.

Garebo

Sell Pogba and the next in line should be Sanchez. If he doesn't want to leave, then promote him to the reserves team because that's where his level lies.

Relfy

If he wants to go and get the right offer then let him go. We should be demanding 150m for his services and not a penny less. Woody must rotate that money into new signings. Bruno, Tielemans, Rabiot and Ndidi please.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This whole saga seems all too familiar...

Wazza was right
He was right at the time about our recruitment and us showing no ambition IMO. I didn't blame him for wanting to leave either, and we were in a much better position back then.

Last edited:

Gopher Brown

He's not running off :lol: It's always been part of the plan, 3-4 seasons at a club and move on. Generates extra income for him and an insane fee for Raiola, everyone is happy. We could've won the league and CL the past 3 seasons in a row and he still would've aimed for a move, it has nothing at all to do with our current situation or his courage.
No, you’re right, he’s gently trotting off like he does when he’s abandoning his defensive responsibilities.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
How was he to know he was joining a club that was gonna gonna make blunder after blunder in the transfer market. And end up signing duds like Fred from the Ukrainian league for a ridiculous sum and also promote McTominay who was nothing but average in our academy. Signing Matic who was poor for Chelsea in his final season was also a bad move.

There's only so much one player can do when he is surrounded by such mediocrity.

If he was so bad then maybe you guys should inform the Madrid and Juventus hierarchy before they make a mistake.
You're not actually feeling sorry for him though, do you? You're just saying these things because you like Pogba and think it suck the way things turns out, combined with feeling unsatisfied with the club. If so, I agree. However I don't feel sorry for Pogba. I don't blame him for the clubs bad signings, but his flaws is hard to look past for me. I'm sure we could have bought Griezmann, Vidal and Dembele and he'd still be on his way out. He has been as much of a wrong signing for the club as those guys you mentioned, it is not just about quality but the application of it, and other factors as well. I think Pogba will be a good player when settled, but he didn't want to settle here. You can't go blame the club for that.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You're not actually feeling sorry for him though, do you? You're just saying these things because you like Pogba and think it suck the way things turns out, combined with feeling unsatisfied with the club. If so, I agree. However I don't feel sorry for Pogba. I don't blame him for the clubs bad signings, but his flaws is hard to look past for me. I'm sure we could have bought Griezmann, Vidal and Dembele and he'd still be on his way out. He has been as much of a wrong signing for the club as those guys you mentioned, it is not just about quality but the application of it, and other factors as well. I think Pogba will be a good player when settled, but he didn't want to settle here. You can't go blame the club for that.
I don't feel sorry for him but do feel the criticism is way overboard. Wether he wanted to settle here or not is all speculation on your part with out any factual basis.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I don't feel sorry for him but do feel the criticism is way overboard. Wether he wanted to settle here or not is all speculation on your part with out any factual basis.
Speculating is the name of the game, are you doing anything else? Even your assumption that the criticism is overboard is based on speculation as well.

Abhinav

The best possible outcome is to take Madrid to the cleaners and rebuild the midfield. Pogba is a talented player but his attitude reflects individualism over the team. It feels as if he thinks he is doing a favour by being at the club than a privilege to represent the great institution.

We need talented players that are motivated to play for the team rather than to further their individual brand.

ReallyUSA

The best possible outcome is to take Madrid to the cleaners and rebuild the midfield. Pogba is a talented player but his attitude reflects individualism over the team. It feels as if he thinks he is doing a favour by being at the club than a privilege to represent the great institution.

We need talented players that are motivated to play for the team rather than to further their individual brand.
Bingo. His attitude is not one of a leader. Think of how he probably rubbed off on some of the other guys. Get him to Madrid and get De Gea to Paris.

Marcelinho87

I believe this is what he and his agent has planned from the start.. here for 3 years then on to Spain, even if we was winning stuff.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If he wants to leave, we have to sell him. We are not a top team and still trying to rebuild, so we can't rely on players who aren't committed. With the money we can get for him and Lukaku + other squad players + our yearly budget we can easily build very good squad without any holes. Obviously it depends on whether recruitment team is competent to do that.

If we are sure of Pogba leaving then we should try everything to convince players like Rabiot, Bruno Fernandes, Tielemans and even likes of Ndombele. Obviously we can' sign everyone but we need numbers and quality too. We have lost Herrera and we sold Fellaini in Jan, if Pogba leaves then that's 3 midfielders we have lost in 6 months. We need to replace with quality and quantity.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Marca is very optimistic in their printed edition.
"Pogba on the fast track."
Apparently they want to sign him before 1st of July when you start the preseason, and they assume (the newspaper I suppose) that this fast route will suppose going far above 150m

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Why is it so complicated for Real Madrid to find large, large, large sums of money if it's a non-Brazilian black player? Hmmm.
Why spend unnecessary money? The guy wants to leave, our club is run by clowns, real are up for a killing

Kostur

海尔的老板
This whole saga seems all too familiar...

Wazza was right
Are we pretending now that it wasn't because he wanted a pay-rise? Jonny O'Shea's book/interview anybody?

Thing is that at least Rooney delivered back then, it's something Pogba cannot say about him (shit, actually scratch that, Pogba due to his delusion is saying such shit about himself so change it to 'it cannot be said about Pogba'). We're about to lose a player without whom I'm afraid we'll finish around 6th in the league.

Oh.

Siorac

Are we pretending now that it wasn't because he wanted a pay-rise? Jonny O'Shea's book/interview anybody?

Thing is that at least Rooney delivered back then, it's something Pogba cannot say about him (shit, actually scratch that, Pogba due to his delusion is saying such shit about himself so change it to 'it cannot be said about Pogba'). We're about to lose a player without whom I'm afraid we'll finish around 6th in the league.

Oh.
Rooney's motivations doesn't change the fact that he was right in what he said.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Speculating is the name of the game, are you doing anything else? Even your assumption that the criticism is overboard is based on speculation as well.
The criticism of a player that many consider has been the best at the club this past season is completely disproportionate to what he produced on the pitch. Statistically he was our biggest creator of chances, which is a FACT. He is wanted by two of the biggest clubs in the world and Zidane has even spoke about wanting him. I don't read peoples minds like you do with Raiola and Pogba though. Abit silly of him to agree to a 6 year contract when he was gonna leave after 3 don't you think?

A player who is coveted by the most successful club in history and is a world cup winner to boot. And you ask me if I feel sorry for him..:rolleyes: