Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hayton

People need to rethink Pogba. Incredibly talented. That is not debated but when a player that is meant to be a leader makes a comment like this:

"After this season and everything that happened this season, with my season being my best season as well, I think for me it could be a good time to have a new challenge somewhere else."

at a sponsor's event, you have got to ask if that's the player you want in your team.
I reaches a conclusion a long time ago: no matter how talented a player is, if he wants out, let him go. A player less talented than Pogba but with 100% commitment to the club, will be a better keep in the long run.
Agree with this

GM K

12 months ago, he was made captain for our season opener, scored and his manager said post match that he was a monster and put the team first (or a very similar sentiment regarding wanting to play post World Cup) pogba on the other hand stirred as much shit as was humanly possible and managed to change the entire narrative of the start of the season.
Yeah, I remember that.

GM K

Apart from when he was at Juventus were he became the best midfielder in the world and never had any off-field issues or tension with the fans for the whole time he was there.
So maybe it is the Pogba / United relationship that isn't working then.

Gasolin

I don't get why anyone can support poisonous Pogba, now or in his actions while at the club. And quite why we should reward him by a bigger pay packet to stay is beyond me.

Let's say, to be charitable, that his comments about wanting a new challenge are his way of trying to get more money than Sanchez, because clearly he is in a beef with the Chilean which has not helped anyone's form. Why would you go public, knowing that the club are trying to get players through the door, and who will think, "what on earth is happening at United", with lots of difficult questions to answer about who is going to be at Old Trafford if that player arrives. It will could put off people coming during sensitive difficult negotiations.

Which shows, in a oner how self centred Pogba is. NOT his agent. He didn't have to say what he did but he did. The reality is it is more likely he was advised by his agent to say something to force a move. But he did not have to do it.

If we stick with him, this is what we will continue to get, and it is no wonder Fergie was happy to say goodbye to him as a youngster in 2012.

Bear in mind as we were fighting for top four, towards the end of March Pogba at a press conference ahead of France’s Euro 2020 clash with Moldova said something more unforgiveable: “Like I’ve always said, Real Madrid is a dream for anyone. It’s one of the biggest clubs in the world.

“There is also [Zinedine] Zidane as a coach and it’s a dream for anybody who likes football.

“For now, I’m at Manchester. We don’t know what the future holds. I’m at Manchester and I’m happy.”

That is as good as saying you want out, right there. The response from Zidane was waxing lyrical about how fantastic Pogba is.

This is the man our dressing room looks up to. He undermined the club right there at a crucial part of the season. We can't have that toxicity in our dressing room.

And don't forget Pogba's agent Mino Raiola was sorting out a deal last summer to join Barcelona and Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola revealed his agent had offered Pogba to him four months before that.

But I don't think we will sell him for one reason and one reason only... his marketing power. Fernandes (if he is even a genuine option) might perform better for US but he has nothing of the commercial attraction of Pogba. A superstar would be required by money man Woodward.

And unless we see a revolution in his mindset, he will continue to bring our club down.

World class talent or not, if you don't care about anything other than yourself, it is all worthless.
Why do we still see that BS about Fergie happy to see him leave? He was not, he proposed a new contract, he tried to retain him. Let's stop this lie about Fergie not wanting Pogba, that is not true at all!

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/s...left-manchester-united-to-join-juventus-40860

Cloudface

Only CR7 was on Pogba's level, and it's hardly a controversial claim that his departure was the beginning of our downfall. Back then we still had some word class players left in the team, now there's only midtable fodder like McTominay, "JLingz" or "Rashy", and failures like Lukaku, Sanchez, Matic. Losing PP would be nothing short of a disaster, lets just hope he signs the new 500k/w deal. Honestly though, I wouldn't blame him for accepting a much lower contract to return to Turin. There's a difference between playing through balls to "Rashy"/"Rom", and CR7/Dybala.
That's just a ridiculous comment. Pogba is our Ozil with all the problems that entails in terms of the teams shape and function. We will be better without him even if we just fixed our right hand side and bought no extra midfielders.

KristianMackle

Has he justified his price tag to anybody here? In his past three seasons? Do people think we'll get any better from him after his comments about this being his best season? If this was his best then I can safely say, we have been grossly misled by a marketing machine masquerading as a footballer. We need to move on.

He'sRaldo

Then,
1) Why so easily get rid of the quality players we do have?
2) Why discourage potential quality players from joining?
3) Why not get used to the fact that this is how quality players behave, especially if we're floundering in 6th?

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
We didn't get him for free, we had to swap him for Michytarian who cost us 30 odd million...
Who you could barely have given away at the time because he was that bad.
Sanchez, on the other hand, was considered one the best players in the premiership at the time.

Gasolin

I don't believe the 500k rumour one bit. Why do we have a CL clause in the players contract which ruduces their wage should we fail to get in the CL, then offer Pogba a double your money payrise? Bollocks :lol:
Keep him, extend the contract, send the message that you won't get our players for cheap, I don't know? There are multiple valid reasons.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I've only just seen his Instagram story.

Ince, Heinze, Hargreaves, Tevez, Pogba

There's your legacy Paul, you absolute knob

Gog

We could sign both and have money leftover if we sold Pogba and could bring Rabiot in too so we could get N’Dombele, Aouar and Rabiot which is a serious upgrade on our midfield and we’d make profit so it’s highly unlikely to happen.

The reality is Pogba wants to go and I’d rather we use our strong position seeing as he has 3 years left on his contract to squeeze every penny possible out of Juve or Real (nothing under £150 million) instead of keeping him and then us watching Pogba play worse than he did last season (bar the 2 month period when we were winning) and sulk so his value drops and the team suffers as a result.

We’ve sold better players than him like Ronaldo, Beckham, Van Nistelrooy, Keane and Stam as examples and still the machine went on. Let’s face it the Pogba signing hasn’t worked like we all thought it would but there’s teams willing to pay £130-£150 million to take him and he’s desperate to leave so let’s take the money so we’ve got time to get the right replacements instead of panic buying at the end of transfer window.

I think we should be more measured. When we sold the above we had Fergie. This is a whole new ball game...Sorry!

Another year makes little difference to what price we might get. Zidane might not do so well second time around, and he is a big part of the draw. Ole might do better than some might think. Things can change, and fast. Let's change everything else we can in the meantime. Decide in the period between Xmas and end of season, what is the best for all concerned. We will know how well or not Ole's wheel is turning by then.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Only CR7 was on Pogba's level, and it's hardly a controversial claim that his departure was the beginning of our downfall. Back then we still had some word class players left in the team, now there's only midtable fodder like McTominay, "JLingz" or "Rashy", and failures like Lukaku, Sanchez, Matic. Losing PP would be nothing short of a disaster, lets just hope he signs the new 500k/w deal. Honestly though, I wouldn't blame him for accepting a much lower contract to return to Turin. There's a difference between playing through balls to "Rashy"/"Rom", and CR7/Dybala.
Really? I'd say Beckham, Keane, Ruud were all better United players than him.

He's supposed to be the best player in the team, but if he's not going to apply himself and wants out, there's hardly any point in keeping him is there?

Houdini

I think we should be more measured. When we sold the above we had Fergie. This is a whole new ball game...Sorry!

Another year makes little difference to what price we might get. Zidane might not do so well second time around, and he is a big part of the draw. Ole might do better than some might think. Things can change, and fast. Let's change everything else we can in the meantime. Decide in the period between Xmas and end of season, what is the best for all concerned. We will know how well or not Ole's wheel is turning by then.
Sensible post. I think everyone should support Ole's project including Pogba. Give him time to do the revolution. The problem was we tried to do an evolution from Fergie or continuity if you want. It was a huge fail. Now it is time for a revolution.

Nickthepip

What are you on about? He was our best player last season and voted into the PFA team of the year.

Only at Utd will someone say our best player hasn't fecking worked out.
Yeah, you’re right it’s all worked out exactly as everyone wanted. That’s why “our best player” has just said he wants a new challenge elsewhere after finishing 6th in the league. Only at Utd.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've only just seen his Instagram story.

Ince, Heinze, Hargreaves, Tevez, Pogba

There's your legacy Paul, you absolute knob
Bit harsh putting Hargreaves in there. The others all engineered moves away. Hargreaves was happy and committed here but was ruined by injury.
Yes he made a token gesture of going to City after, but you're going to go to someone who offers you the chance aren't you.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Bit harsh putting Hargreaves in there. The others all engineered moves away. Hargreaves was happy and committed here but was ruined by injury.
Yes he made a token gesture of going to City after, but you're going to go to someone who offers you the chance aren't you.
Yeah I'm always conflicted over that one tbf.

I do remember the rumours though that we flew the guy all over the world, providing him with the best treatment and showcasing some serious patience, and at the end of it all he showed feck all desire to get fit again, even walking off during training and basically just saying he didn't feel up to it.

He said we treated him like a guinea pig.

Who knows.

Moriarty

I think it was the medical experiments that finally tipped Hargreaves over the edge.

lsd

The Oracle
Dont see him leaving . I think he will get a new contract and the captaincy

Red Daz

He’ll go , Madrid nearly always get their man.

It always starts with the player saying “they need a new challenge” or “it’s their dream to play for blah blah blah”, media go into a frenzy, club states player isn’t for sale, media reports say club will listen to offers above X million.

We are already at that stage , it’s like a book I’ve read a hundred times, the end is always the same, he’ll be gone if time doesn’t run out, if it does run out it’ll happen early next summer

shiranaiotoko

Another year with this clown, no thank you. Pack him into box with Lingard and send far away.

Stroud Red

The rumours are £500k per week for Pogba to stay.

Firstly he doesn't deserve that money, but secondly have we not learnt from Sanchez?

While all clubs are to a certain extent open to player demands, that kind of deal sounds like Woodward refusing to accept his marquee signing hasn't delivered, but still just going with it and giving him another chance, as his reputation dependeds on it.

I'd sell him and revamp the midfield with younger players given the money we'd raise from selling Pogba.

predator

Youth NITK
If any of our players would rather play elsewhere then they aren't worth keeping. I always defended pogbas commitment and genuinely thought he relished coming back here, to the place where he was developed as a player and the place where he kind of grew into an adult.

I was wrong, he wants to jump ship. Whether it was pre planned I'm still not sure but he wants to go and that is pretty much a fact, straight from the horses mouth.

I genuinely cannot get my head around why any sane supporter of our club or even any club for that matter would argue in favour of keeping a player who has so publicly stated they want to go. It's pretty much done - he is gone.

Counter arguing folk who are happy to see him go is understandable but to try and collectively want him to stay after what he has said is pointless, unless his career choices are influenced by fans opinions.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Yeah I'm always conflicted over that one tbf.

I do remember the rumours though that we flew the guy all over the world, providing him with the best treatment and showcasing some serious patience, and at the end of it all he showed feck all desire to get fit again, even walking off during training and basically just saying he didn't feel up to it.

He said we treated him like a guinea pig.

Who knows.
Look how much matches he played after leaving. His knees simply could not handle Football anymore. There is nothing he could have done about that.

Rolaholic

whats his insta story?

How dare he share a photo of foreign fans showing up with his club kits,doesn't he know that insecure top Reds will mistake it for a Real kit!! :lol:

The same lot who were foaming at the mouth over him taking off his shirt to give to a kid after the final match of the season

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
Di marzio reported today that Pogba wants Juve. That there are continuous talks between Pogba, Juve and United. The main setback is the salary but they are supposedly working on a solution. I can't post links but it's on dimarzios website.

RoyH1

Di marzio reported today that Pogba wants Juve. That there are continuous talks between Pogba, Juve and United. The main setback is the salary but they are supposedly working on a solution. I can't post links but it's on dimarzios website.
An Italian reporter saying that Pogba prefers Juventus to United or Real? Well, I never....

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
If he leaves, so be it. Based on the fans reaction, our lack of success and unguided club management, United is not the place for top players and hasnt been in th epast 5 years. We would lose our best player and as usual, you only realize what he brought to the team once he's gone

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
An Italian reporter saying that Pogba prefers Juventus to United or Real? Well, I never....
I can believe it. Juve are making a big push these days for the CL with their transfers, they now have Ronaldo too. Don't forget he was on easy street at Juve, he was playing well and he was suited to the league. Not you mention that apparently Florentino Perez doesn't want Pogba.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
So by your logic, any british media that reports that some player wants to go to United is not reliable, mmm ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We could sign both and have money leftover if we sold Pogba and could bring Rabiot in too so we could get N’Dombele, Aouar and Rabiot which is a serious upgrade on our midfield and we’d make profit so it’s highly unlikely to happen.

The reality is Pogba wants to go and I’d rather we use our strong position seeing as he has 3 years left on his contract to squeeze every penny possible out of Juve or Real (nothing under £150 million) instead of keeping him and then us watching Pogba play worse than he did last season (bar the 2 month period when we were winning) and sulk so his value drops and the team suffers as a result.

We’ve sold better players than him like Ronaldo, Beckham, Van Nistelrooy, Keane and Stam as examples and still the machine went on. Let’s face it the Pogba signing hasn’t worked like we all thought it would but there’s teams willing to pay £130-£150 million to take him and he’s desperate to leave so let’s take the money so we’ve got time to get the right replacements instead of panic buying at the end of transfer window.
I doubt that, knowing Aulas and how much of a greedy man he is and knowing we'd flused with Pogba money, he'd ask some ridiculous fees for the 2 of them.