Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Full bodied red

Did people not take notice of this summer.

Selling Pogba for £150mil will not result in £150mil spent on multiple players.

I agree his future will not be at United but he will be replaced by a cheaper player, not a new midfield.

No way Jose will we ever, ever, ever get £150 million for Pogba - the rest of the world has been seeing what we've been seeing and I'll bet £ 10 to your £ 1 that we don't get even £ 100 million.

And, yes, he will be replaced by a cheaper, but better-for-us player, who's Danish and currently living in London.

Art Vandelay

No way Jose will we ever, ever, ever get £150 million for Pogba - the rest of the world has been seeing what we've been seeing and I'll bet £ 10 to your £ 1 that we don't get even £ 100 million.

And, yes, he will be replaced by a cheaper, but better-for-us player, who's Danish and currently living in London.
I agree with the first part. The fact Juve never even bid and Real made such a low offer shows how little anyone else really values him. He's not worth what we'd ask for him.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

We’ll get 100m by virtue of the fact he’s the 4th most marketable player in the world as per marketing statistics. I wouldn’t pay 150 for him but I think he’ll go for 120ish plus a couple of addons

Mainoldo

If you think we are going to let Pogba go for anything less than £150m your as crazy as thinking Eriksen wants to come here.

AFC NimbleThumb

You’re fixating on a pie in the sky figure i mentioned. £150mil could be £100mil, could be £80mil.

The point was in response to a poster thinking whatever will spend will be matched penny for penny on his replacement/replacements. If we should have learnt anything from this summer it is that the Glazers are not in the habit of speculating but accumulating but seeing as it got you so riled, if we get £99.99mil for the guy that won’t all go on a new midfield.

& if you think replacing Pogba with Eriksen is the answer to our problems then let’s end this here; Pogba/his replacement are far from the worst of our issues. We’re not a quick fix away.

Also the arrogance of thinking Eriksen is a certainty pretty much sums up the plight this club is in atm, there’s more chance of him playing with Pogba at Real next season imo.

Sterling Archer

Think so too. Otherwise we would have seen the Madrid switch happen. Could see him winding his contract down and going for 75-80 mil

Red00012

Pogba for 150mill and replacing him with eriksen replacing him is FIFA stuff.
If eriksen does come to Manchester he’ll be a blue not a red.

Full bodied red

You’re fixating on a pie in the sky figure i mentioned. £150mil could be £100mil, could be £80mil.

The point was in response to a poster thinking whatever will spend will be matched penny for penny on his replacement/replacements. If we should have learnt anything from this summer it is that the Glazers are not in the habit of speculating but accumulating but seeing as it got you so riled, if we get £99.99mil for the guy that won’t all go on a new midfield.

& if you think replacing Pogba with Eriksen is the answer to our problems then let’s end this here; Pogba/his replacement are far from the worst of our issues. We’re not a quick fix away.

Also the arrogance of thinking Eriksen is a certainty pretty much sums up the plight this club is in atm, there’s more chance of him playing with Pogba at Real next season imo.

Hey...Come on....You said £ 150 million - not me.

And I'm not riled - but I'm not always convinced by this diatribe about the Glazers.

Have we not broken World Records for transfers a few times in the past couple of years - Di Maria, Pogba and just last month a new World Record for a defender ??

Even Citeh haven't broken World Record fees for an individual player yet.

So Glazers are hardly penny pinching....

AFC NimbleThumb

Hey...Come on....You said £ 150 million - not me.

And I'm not riled - but I'm not always convinced by this diatribe about the Glazers.

Have we not broken World Records for transfers a few times in the past couple of years - Di Maria, Pogba and just last month a new World Record for a defender ??

Even Citeh haven't broken World Record fees for an individual player yet.

Still fixated on a speculative figure that I suggested to emphasise a point. If you can tell me the ‘exact’ figure paid for any player down to the penny we can have this argument but I’ve always stated fees are poe in the sky to us fans as we don’t actually know anything.

I’m unsure what you’re trying to argue here, i said £150mil [as a speculative figure], you suddenly want to bet we won’t get more than £100mil & I’m not interested in the bet.

We can debate the Glazers all you like but don’t try to fact check me over something we’ll never honestly know. I don’t think we’ll reinvest the Pogba money [when it eventually comes] penny for penny. That’s not diatribe it’s an opinion.

We’ve just sold a striker for £70mil & bought a defender for £80mil so I have my doubts they’ll replace anyone adequately/directly.

Also, your Eriksen remark remains a travesty.

fergiesarmy1

Net spend this year is around £70m, net spend last year around £50m whilst being so far behind city and Liverpool already. That’s less than what we get for being in the premier league never mind everything from sponsorships, tickets etc.

If they invested any less than this there would be riots eventually.

AFC NimbleThumb

Net spend this year is around £70m, net spend last year around £50m whilst being so far behind city and Liverpool already. That’s less than what we get for being in the premier league never mind everything from sponsorships, tickets etc.

If they invested any less than this there would be riots eventually.
The facts are staggering but some fans would rather argue over fictitious transfer values.

The level of underinvestment & mis-appropriation of funds is unbelievable.

I’m shocked we’ve mustered 5 points from 12 given the way this squad has been assembled.

Full bodied red

Still fixated on a speculative figure that I suggested to emphasise a point. If you can tell me the ‘exact’ figure paid for any player down to the penny we can have this argument but I’ve always stated fees are poe in the sky to us fans as we don’t actually know anything.

I’m unsure what you’re trying to argue here, i said £150mil [as a speculative figure], you suddenly want to bet we won’t get more than £100mil & I’m not interested in the bet.

We can debate the Glazers all you like but don’t try to fact check me over something we’ll never honestly know. I don’t think we’ll reinvest the Pogba money [when it eventually comes] penny for penny. That’s not diatribe it’s an opinion.

We’ve just sold a striker for £70mil & bought a defender for £80mil so I have my doubts they’ll replace anyone adequately/directly.

Also, your Eriksen remark remains a travesty.

No....You said £ 150 million - not me !!

However....If you now want to say that was just a specultaive figure - then OK....You could have said £ 25 million or £ 50 million or £ 75 million, but didn't....

As for the Glazers ( and Fergiesarmy as well ) I don't really consider them as great owners, but not because they're not spending big dollars this year.

I don't consider them great owners because they're not great football people and the evidence of this is some of the catastrophic and expensive mistakes which they have allowed to happen because they didn't know any better.

If it was my money, and I'd seen hundreds of millions pissed away on Sanchez, Pogba, Lukaku, Fred, Mkhitaryan, and others over the past five years ; and allowed myself to be conned into accepting Moyes as Manager ; and seeing that OGS is still a huge doubt, then I think I'd keep as much of my money in my pocket as I could until I was certain that I'd eventually got the right people running the company that's eating my money.

And right now, having been burned by Moyes, by Woodward, by Mourinho and now probably worrying that OGS just might not be the messiah after all, maybe, just maybe, they're thinking twice before writing cheques for over rated and over expensive players who are supposed to provide an instant fix when Citeh seem to ' find ' and buy far better players than us and usually for a lot less money.

Throw in anything up to a $ 500 million or so which is coming down the road for a stadium upgrade in the next 10 years, and until they can be sure we're making progress and are not just disappearing into a Liverpool style Black Hole for the next 30 years, then until our Saudi billionaire turns up ( if ever ) this might be how it's going to be for another few years.

AFC NimbleThumb

No....You said £ 150 million - not me !!

However....If you now want to say that was just a specultaive figure - then OK....You could have said £ 25 million or £ 50 million or £ 75 million, but didn't....

As for the Glazers ( and Fergiesarmy as well ) I don't really consider them as great owners, but not because they're not spending big dollars this year.

I don't consider them great owners because they're not great football people and the evidence of this is some of the catastrophic and expensive mistakes which they have allowed to happen because they didn't know any better.

If it was my money, and I'd seen hundreds of millions pissed away on Sanchez, Pogba, Lukaku, Fred, Mkhitaryan, and others over the past five years ; and allowed myself to be conned into accepting Moyes as Manager ; and seeing that OGS is still a huge doubt, then I think I'd keep as much of my money in my pocket as I could until I was certain that I'd eventually got the right people running the company that's eating my money.

And right now, having been burned by Moyes, by Woodward, by Mourinho and now probably worrying that OGS just might not be the messiah after all, maybe, just maybe, they're thinking twice before writing cheques for over rated and over expensive players who are supposed to provide an instant fix when Citeh seem to ' find ' and buy far better players than us and usually for a lot less money.

Throw in anything up to a $ 500 million or so which is coming down the road for a stadium upgrade in the next 10 years, and until they can be sure we're making progress and are not just disappearing into a Liverpool style Black Hole for the next 30 years, then until our Saudi billionaire turns up ( if ever ) this might be how it's going to be for another few years.
Not going to lie, i stopped reading after you again mentioned £150mil.

I’m done patronising certain members of this forum as its daily task & quite frankly becoming boring.

I’ve told you more than once, you are a fan [as am I] that has 0 influence/factual knowledge of exact transfer fees but you continue to get emotional over such things.

There are other posters with the energy to retort your nonsense so please move on & quote them on this piece, we’re done here.

Full bodied red

Not going to lie, i stopped reading after you again mentioned £150mil.

I’m done patronising certain members of this forum as its daily task & quite frankly becoming boring.

I’ve told you more than once, you are a fan [as am I] that has 0 influence/factual knowledge of exact transfer fees but you continue to get emotional over such things.

There are other posters with the energy to retort your nonsense so please move on & quote them on this piece, we’re done here.

I'm off to bed - life's too short to waste it trying to understand that what people say is apparently not what they mean....

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We really should have cashed in on Pogba after he won the World Cup.
The context was nowhere the same, Pogba was loved and valued highly by the fans. It would have been madness

I couldn't agree more here. Spending money and spending it wisely are two different. We can also go all the way back to when Ronaldo was sold, we never reinvested close to the fee on the squad. Our problems run much deeper than a simple player replacement. We could do with 4-5 new players in the first team just for starters

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

RedDevilUnited369

A semi reliable Twitter ITK is saying that Pogba is willing to sign a new contract whilst the Daily Fail is reporting that we have opened negotiations to get him signed up to a new deal.

I don't know how reliable either is but I'm just sharing what I read.

That's true but at least De Gea kept his counsel. Pogba and his fat agent have been slightly vocal about wanting to leave.
Thats also true, but things can change. Now that Evra is at the club I think he'll stay.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
"Pogba fit to face Rochdale ". If ever a United headline mirrored our current state...

ottosec

Good news, but I doubt he will sign. When a ship is sinking, you don't chain yourself to the mast.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Remember when he got blue in his hair for France and everyone kicked off because they said it was for City?

He just got red in his hair. Let's call it how we see it, 8 year contract incoming.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pogba dyed his hair red white and black, ready to dismantle Arsenal yet again, then sign a new 6 year contract :drool:

I think he's going to come from his injury on fire.

DoomSlayer

Unfortunately, I can't see him sign an extension with our current start of the season. If by Christmas we are fighting for top 3 or 4, then maybe, but right now our form suggests a top 6 finish at best and Pogba would not want to stay more.

redshaw

Perhaps Ole is a good hypnotist. De Gea and now Pogba.

Look into my eyes, Look into my eyes, the eyes the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around the eyes, look into my eyes, you're under.

rotherham_red

Unfortunately, I can't see him sign an extension with our current start of the season. If by Christmas we are fighting for top 3 or 4, then maybe, but right now our form suggests a top 6 finish at best and Pogba would not want to stay more.
Good news, but I doubt he will sign. When a ship is sinking, you don't chain yourself to the mast.
I'd be amazed if he signed. It just hasn't been a good fit for either the club or the player.
The fact that the talks have started would indicate that he is at least open to the idea... If he wasn't then they'd have rejected the opportunity to sit down and discuss.

fergiesarmy1

The fact that the talks have started would indicate that he is at least open to the idea... If he wasn't then they'd have rejected the opportunity to sit down and discuss.
Or use what silly money Ed will offer as a bargaining chip elsewhere?

fergiesarmy1

He won't get anywhere near to what Ed's offering him elsewhere. Everyone else simply doesn't rate him as highly, and quite frankly aren't as desperate as us.
Always good to have as ammunition, not like that tactic hasn’t been used before by the likes of Ramos.