Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's not how the club have built him up.
Eitherway, we need quality in midfield and I don't mind selling him if we sign James Maddison and Ndidi (or similar) for example. I also don't mind him staying but we need to go back to three in midfield and get at least two players that can help him out, he works well in a system but he's not going to ever carry the team over the whole season.
I think that'll be the plan. Pogba out and Maddison in. It'll probably be a straight swap in terms of finances, but we desperately need to get this next batch of players right.

Ideally we need 2 midfielders, a CAM, a winger for the right and a striker.

That's going to be a huge investment unless we take a risk with younger players.

lsd

The Oracle
Read the Mirror article.This was not a covert meeting. They were there for separate reasons. Who cares, he's not going to be going anywhere this season anyway.

Rich people in the same profession will likely be in the same places . Add the fact they know each other and who really cares to get annoyed over it?

Son

The funny thing is with perceptions Pogba has never been truly good enough to win a Premier League player of the year award but you can imagine he could well win one in Spain... If Messi slows down.

Everyone will say how amazing he is at Madrid etc forgetting the fact the league is just not as intense as ours. He’s like a scuffed Cristiano Ronaldo. Came here won not much - probs will go to Madrid win not much either.

fergiesarmy1

The funny thing is with perceptions Pogba has never been truly good enough to win a Premier League player of the year award but you can imagine he could well win one in Spain... If Messi slows down.

Everyone will say how amazing he is at Madrid etc forgetting the fact the league is just not as intense as ours. He’s like a scuffed Cristiano Ronaldo. Came here won not much - probs will go to Madrid win not much either.
Wouldn’t bank on him being a star in Madrid, better players than him have failed there. If he wants to be the headline act and get the big bucks and adulation he’s gonna have to step it up hell of a lot to be accepted by those fans. Our fans are pussycats in comparison to those when it comes to standards and expectations.

DoomSlayer

:nervous:
It's very telling about a player's status when fans don't even care anymore about stuff like that. Considering our current predicament, Pogba has actually been criticised a lot less than ever before and it's like the media and fans can't be bothered with him.

Bulldog United

The photo is a delightful get for the media for obvious reasons, but I think it would be strange if they didn't have a chat in that situation. It doesn't mean or reveal anything.

izzydiggler

The photo is a delightful get for the media for obvious reasons, but I think it would be strange if they didn't have a chat in that situation. It doesn't mean or reveal anything.
Well this is the problem with making public statements (or your agent/family members) saying that you want to leave and letting the rumours spread...easy pickings for the media to enrage people.

Probably nothing in it and wasn't arranged or anything but Pogba doesn't care if he's seen with Zidane or anybody attached to Real. He's not trying to hide anything and has been open in his desire to move.

Bulldog United

Well this is the problem with making public statements (or your agent/family members) saying that you want to leave and letting the rumours spread...easy pickings for the media to enrage people.

Probably nothing in it and wasn't arranged or anything but Pogba doesn't care if he's seen with Zidane or anybody attached to Real. He's not trying to hide anything and has been open in his desire to move.
Yeah there's no doubt what Pogba wants, and I also agree he doesn't care to avoid getting into these situations. That's just who he is, and he's represented by the perfect football agent with that attitude.

Deery

Dreary
Why the hell is Pogba in Dubai anyway, I understand about warm weather training and all but Dubai?
It’s like he’s having a holiday when the club is going through it’s toughest period for years and the club is just letting him.

Quite clear he doesn’t give a toss really and meeting Zidane just rubs salt in the wounds

fergiesarmy1

Why the hell is Pogba in Dubai anyway, I understand about warm weather training and all but Dubai?
It’s like he’s having a holiday when the club is going through it’s toughest period for years and the club is just letting him.

Quite clear he doesn’t give a toss really and meeting Zidane just rubs salt in the wounds
Went there walking fine comes back on crutches - sums everything up really :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Qatar and UAE built modern training and sport medicine facilities and also hired some of the best doctors in the world. They want to be the leading countries in sports and health tourism.

Noc-Z

ffs
He's a brilliant player and it'll be a shame to see him leave without ever seeing the best of him on a consistent basis. But it won't be such a bad idea to sella want away player and use the money to build a new midfield.
Well, if he can't perform to his best on a regular basis is he really a brilliant player?

He'sRaldo

Qatar and UAE built modern training and sport medicine facilities and also hired some of the best doctors in the world. They want to be the leading countries in sports and health tourism.
Pogba is literally driving people insane at this point.

Deery

Dreary
Paper’s are saying he’s just there for a break and to see the sights during international break.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Isco+€50m for Pogba and Matic, who says no? :D

Actually i'd be willing to go as high as £50m so you can go get longstaff

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Paper’s are saying he’s just there for a break and to see the sights during international break.
You can do both and from memory he was there during at least one of his long term injuries. I personally don't like it, I prefer to see players with the team because they can provide something to the group. I remember Ibrahimovic(with PSG) and Schweinsteiger doing the same thing.

Adam-Utd

Went there walking fine comes back on crutches - sums everything up really :lol:
Well he clearly didn't did he. He had a cast on before he went.

He was limping badly at the end of the Rochdale match and didn't take a penalty because of it, but keep spreading your lies.

Who wouldn't want to go to a warmer climate to recover if you had the money? what difference does it make whether he's sitting in the rain in Manchester or the sunshine :houllier:

Adam-Utd

He was limping badly at the end of the Rochdale match and didn't take a penalty because of it, but keep spreading your lies.

Who wouldn't want to go to a warmer climate to recover if you had the money? what difference does it make whether he's sitting in the rain in Manchester or the sunshine :houllier:
A few have said that but I’ve just seen in the Daily Mail he is actually at a sports performance centre (Transform Altitude Performance Center ).
Yeah OK, the club are paying their best player to go on Holiday. They've put a cast on his foot just for fun :lol:

I seriously question whether you guys actually think before you post? How on earth can you believe this drivvle.

fergiesarmy1

Pretty sure the cast came after as he was pictured on a bike in Dubai castless but you seem to know more about his medical state than Pogba, the medical team and the manager :lol:

OL29

A few have said that but I’ve just seen in the Daily Mail he is actually at a sports performance centre (Transform Altitude Performance Center ).
Ok cool but which papers said he's just gone for a break? I'm genuinely asking because a lot of people just make shit up about Pogba or come to their own conclusions based on little so I was just wondering if you have a source?

Adam-Utd

Pretty sure the cast came after as he was pictured on a bike in Dubai castless but you seem to know more about his medical state than Pogba, the medical team and the manager :lol:
He was riding the bike with the cast on..

Jibbs

Isco+€50m for Pogba and Matic, who says no? :D

Actually i'd be willing to go as high as £50m so you can go get longstaff
Odegaard plus £70m would be a good deal. In fact if we look at marketability of Pogba in comparison to Odegaard, in fact any current Madrid player, it should be £100m plus Odegaard.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Adam-Utd

Well if that’s what they’re getting people to do then they aren’t going to become the world’s leading country on sports and health tourism.
eh? It was a static exercise bike. He’s in Dubai for the weather not there to recover by their doctors.

no doubt he’s probably using their facilities though.

beingshe7don

Does anyone know how many important (top 6 and crucial Champions League) games Pogba has missed during his time here?

I remember him missing games against City, PSG and now Liverpool.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
In my opinion, Pogba should be handled the same way as Liverpool dealt with Coutinho.

I think it was top class the way they sold one world class player to buy 3 or 4 top players to fill the gaps around the squad & we should do the same.

However - clubs really do have a free say at our cheque book & even if we did sell Pogba for £100+ mil - I really doubt we could use that money to buy more than two players at max.

As much as a fantasy land story as it may seem, I would not sell Pogba until the day we get a manager use that money wisely & on some technical players.

Luke1995

What is the likehood of the club holding him here until the very last day of his contract ?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
In my opinion, Pogba should be handled the same way as Liverpool dealt with Coutinho.

I think it was top class the way they sold one world class player to buy 3 or 4 top players to fill the gaps around the squad & we should do the same.

However - clubs really do have a free say at our cheque book & even if we did sell Pogba for £100+ mil - I really doubt we could use that money to buy more than two players at max.

As much as a fantasy land story as it may seem, I would not sell Pogba until the day we get a manager use that money wisely & on some technical players.
That would mean our recruiters and transfer negotiators are able to squeeze the maximum return on investment out of it. Seeing how after RvP we've been completely shite at that I'm not filled with much confidence.

RoyH1

The problem is that I don't think anyone will pay us the amount we believe we should get for Pogba. Real Madrid never matched our asking price (and once Zidane goes they won't be interested), he's not a fit for Barsa style and no Italian/german team have that kind of liquidity. I see only PSG as a realistic destination for him.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
The problem is that I don't think anyone will pay us the amount we believe we should get for Pogba. Real Madrid never matched our asking price (and once Zidane goes they won't be interested), he's not a fit for Barsa style and no Italian/german team have that kind of liquidity. I see only PSG as a realistic destination for him.
They would have to sell to afford United asking price.

Hammondo

Do they even think hes worth it? For the money thats been thrown around in here at least, I doubt any team would actually think that hes worth it.

RoyH1

Do they even think hes worth it? For the money thats been thrown around in here at least, I doubt any team would actually think that hes worth it.
For his perfomances on the pitch, I don't think he's worth that asking price. If he gets it, it's for his potential and marketing value.

Roboc7

It’s hard to see who would stump up the cash for him, Madrid maybe if we are prepared to take players in exchange. We’ll have to sell him as can’t see him signing new contract and he must want to leave.

Huge task to replace him though because we’re already short in midfield and Matic must be going as well. The club couldn’t even find 1 midfielder to bring in last summer no idea how they will get the 3 they will need this time around (easy answer is they won’t I suppose).

dev1l

It’s hard to see who would stump up the cash for him, Madrid maybe if we are prepared to take players in exchange. We’ll have to sell him as can’t see him signing new contract and he must want to leave.

Huge task to replace him though because we’re already short in midfield and Matic must be going as well. The club couldn’t even find 1 midfielder to bring in last summer no idea how they will get the 3 they will need this time around (easy answer is they won’t I suppose).
Don't forget that off the field potential of Pogba... Marketing wise. He s very useful when looking for sponsorships