Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hammondo

Not only that, it means decent players like Herrera can ask for £300k a week, because there's a flop contributing nothing on more. It also means we're stuck with said flop, because unless he is subsidized no one will have him.

Should be a lesson, but we did it again, giving our goalkeeper £375k, despite keepers in better form making less than half of that, and having two other very good keepers ourselves. It's not like our backs were against the wall.

Pogba, being our star outfield player, probably feels he deserves to be the club's highest earner. If he's not offered that he may feel unappreciated ( Not saying that is his issue, but probably plays a part) .

A disorganized wage structure is a recipe for discontent, and is bound to affect team performance.
I remember a study into wages when companies made them fully transparent. Employees only cared about their wages compared to others, not if they felt underpaid.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
I remember a study into wages when companies made them fully transparent. Employees only cared about their wages compared to others, not if they felt underpaid.
Yes, that is how it should work. Wage is a sign of status in a hierarchy. De Gea held out for that wage because someone else in the team was already on it. Pogba, it's rumored, had asked for something like 600k, because outfield players should be on more than goal keepers, etc.

I think SAF had a clause in his contract that he had to have a higher salary than any player.

There has to be a logic to it. We can't just pay a player whatever needs to be paid to get him to sign , without looking how it affects the other players and wage structure.

We were right to let Herrera go, much as I love him, with the wages he was demanding. We'll likely have to let Pogba go too. We should have let DDG go on a free rather than pay what we did, but I worry he's going to be an albatross around our necks for a while.

Craig Ward

i've never been a fan of his signing, and i have been critical of his performances.

He's been a failure for sure, however you wanna analyse it it hasnt worked.

I've been saying for some time, we need to sell basically for the better of the squad.

My biggest concern is who on earth will stump up big bucks for him?

Inconsistent form season after season - insane wages and a bad attitude.
Real/Juve or PSG? Real have other targets, Juve probably cant afford him and PSG can have all the money in the world but they are still little old PSG in a sub standard league.

We could well be stuck with him

Suvvernmanc

i've never been a fan of his signing, and i have been critical of his performances.

He's been a failure for sure, however you wanna analyse it it hasnt worked.

I've been saying for some time, we need to sell basically for the better of the squad.

My biggest concern is who on earth will stump up big bucks for him?

Inconsistent form season after season - insane wages and a bad attitude.
Real/Juve or PSG? Real have other targets, Juve probably cant afford him and PSG can have all the money in the world but they are still little old PSG in a sub standard league.

We could well be stuck with him
Pogba's individual performances haven't been great. But hes been in a midfield with crap players. The attackers have been poor too. Hes been our only creative presence since hes been here.

IMO pogba will be great for us with better players around him. It's not a fluke that he's been amazing for Juve and France!

tjb

The truth is Pogba never fit. This was somewhat clear from the Southampton game when played in a two with Fellaini. He was very powerful and creative, but the gaps in midfield meant that we only had 48 percent of the ball. We won that game, but got destroyed by City a week or two after due to this gap in midfield. Pogba is a player who takes a lot of time on the ball. His anticipation and positioning are poor, and he lacks the balance on his first touch to work at a quick speed. In the premier league, where the midfield battle exists and games can be decided by who is quickest to the second ball, Pogba's slow reactions are costly. His style of play does not fit United or the Premier League; meaning he is a good player, but not the one we needed. Hopefully he can find a situation that suits his style and we can get a player who suits us.

zenith

I hope there is a bidding war between juve and real for pogba. We're gonna need the money if we want to have a serious go at Sancho and Grealish in the summer.

We've already got a pogba replacement in bruno.

DoomSlayer

So apparently, £100 million for Pogba is deemed too much by Juve and Real. Probably just baseless rumours, but I don't expect Woodward to be able to negotiate a good deal for us.

romufc

So apparently, £100 million for Pogba is deemed too much by Juve and Real. Probably just baseless rumours, but I don't expect Woodward to be able to negotiate a good deal for us.
He is all about Manutd failing him etc, But we saw Pogba as a talent paid the money to bring him here and paid him big wages because we believed in him.

With clubs saying they dont feel he is worth that money, it is a clear sign they do not rate him as highly as he rates himself. This is a clear case of Railoa trying to reduce the fee so he can get his £20/30m signing bonus.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He is all about Manutd failing him etc, But we saw Pogba as a talent paid the money to bring him here and paid him big wages because we believed in him.

With clubs saying they dont feel he is worth that money, it is a clear sign they do not rate him as highly as he rates himself. This is a clear case of Railoa trying to reduce the fee so he can get his £20/30m signing bonus.
It is just simply other clubs trying to take advantage of the situation. It is just the same like James Rodriguez, Coutinho, Bale and Sanchez. It is a buyer's market. They are willing to wait.

RoyH1

I hope there is a bidding war between juve and real for pogba. We're gonna need the money if we want to have a serious go at Sancho and Grealish in the summer.

Real is not going to bid for him. If they are going all in on Mbappé like every Spanish talking head is saying, they're not going to have money for much else. They have Valverde playing well and have Ødegaard on loan at Real Sociedad. Pogba would be a luxury player for them.

-Supreme-

Can you name a player that we have sold over the past 3-4 years that we should have got a better price?

wolvored

We wont get anywhere near £100 million I bet we end around the £70-£80 million mark and will have to sell as we would get feck all the season after.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
We wont get anywhere near £100 million I bet we end around the £70-£80 million mark and will have to sell as we would get feck all the season after.
Yes we will if anyone wants to actually buy him, £100m is a bargain in today's game.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We don't sell then.

I will take 80m + Demiral or Rabiot though.

Johnny Love

Raiola camp is like clockwork. Every year at this time they come out with the Pogba narrative about leaving United, you could set your watch to it.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Or we qualify for the CL and start performing at the level that a Serie A winner, CL finalist, and World Cup winner would expect the club that he plays for during the peak years of his career to be at and maybe he stays.

Do people really believe that Rashford won’t get tempted to leave if by the time he’s 26 we’re not competing for anything?

Why would Pogba be any different.

ash_86

I'd sell him if we break even. We cannot keep dilly dallying further year knowing Pogba's intentions. Break even and get Grelish and a RW.

dirkey

Can't wait till he's gone. utterly sick of the circus. you put up with clowns if they entertain you. if we get back what we paid, snap the hands off whoever is foolish enough to offer it. more mileage, and it's not like he's performed well enough in three years to improve his value.

red4ever 79

Ok, so where are our replacements for Herrera and Fellaini then? I do agree that Bruno is the direct replacement for Pogba

Bondi77

I just read a report that Juve were preparing a package deal for Pogba that included Ramsey and Rabiot.
I always thought Juve were a classy outfit but to include two players who were picked up as free agents and it just means they get their wages off the books to get a player they received 89mil for is low brow in my opinion.
He never won anything outside Italy when he was there but since he has been with us he has won in Europe and he is a World Cup winner as well.
Surely the price must have doubled since then?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I just read a report that Juve were preparing a package deal for Pogba that included Ramsey and Rabiot.
I always thought Juve were a classy outfit but to include two players who were picked up as free agents and it just means they get their wages off the books to get a player they received 89mil for is low brow in my opinion.
He never won anything outside Italy when he was there but since he has been with us he has won in Europe and he is a World Cup winner as well.
Surely the price must have doubled since then?
Pogba was what, 22/23 when he joined? You paid for the potential but if anything, the player has actually become worse than he was at Juventus and hasn't had a great season in years. There also seems to be no market for him as no club other than Juve appears to be even considering paying the astronomical fee. Additionally, many people thought you overpaid for him when you bought Pogba.

In the end, it simply comes down to supply and demand and if Juve is the club offering the most, you've got a problem.

Bestie07

Pogba was what, 22/23 when he joined? You paid for the potential but if anything, the player has actually become worse than he was at Juventus and hasn't had a great season in years. There also seems to be no market for him as no club other than Juve appears to be even considering paying the astronomical fee. Additionally, many people thought you overpaid for him when you bought Pogba.

In the end, it simply comes down to supply and demand and if Juve is the club offering the most, you've got a problem.
Then Pogba will have to run down his contract. United won't sell our best player for nothing less than what we value him at.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
At least this summer there can barely be a united fan against the sale.
He's barely played and the circus has simply become too much.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Then Pogba will have to run down his contract. United won't sell our best player for nothing less than what we value him at.
Of course, that's your right.

Personally I think you'd be better of selling him and rebuilding the midfield with that money since I think you need at least 2-3 players there. Rabiot is an excellent midfielder to begin with and Ramsey is also good as a rotational player. You already have Bruno but with the additional miney you could buy another midfielder in that mould,probably a more defense minded one.

MonkeysMagic

Classic tactic from Juve to pick up two players on free transfer with no intention of keeping them long term and then cobbling up '£125m package' to buy valuable players. Sadly Woodward is too incompetent to tell them where to go so I can see legs in this deal!

Bondi77

If Juve will give us 125mil plus Ramsey then I would take that in a flash but that is never going to happen. If Pogba does go it will be to Spain simply because the Madrid clubs and Barca will give us more money.
We just have to hope he gets fit soon and shows good form and then carries it through to the Euros and then we may get our money back.

United Pro

elnorte

Freaky fly day
When comparing the excitement surrounding his signing and the overall quality of his performances there is a sizeable if not massive disconnect.

Last summer when rumours of his sale were gathering pace posters were speculating on the amount of money another club would have to pay before we'd be willing to sell. I still can't fathom that they were being serious with the kind of numbers they were talking. He's rarely if ever done anything in a United shirt that would justify us demanding such astronomical fees.

Bondi77

He made the Premier League team of the year last season and he was one of the star performers of the World Cup as well as scoring a goal in the final and winning the thing.
I tend to disagree about him not being any good in years

Craig Ward

Pogba's individual performances haven't been great. But hes been in a midfield with crap players. The attackers have been poor too. Hes been our only creative presence since hes been here.

IMO pogba will be great for us with better players around him. It's not a fluke that he's been amazing for Juve and France!
Im sorry but thats just a lame and lazy excuse for inept performances from a supposedly "world class player"

Saying a player will only perform with better quality just masks his own flaws - why do our fans just struggle to see the plain obvious - Pogba has been a failed signing who hasnt lived up to the hype.

Some transfers work, others dont. Pogba hasnt. End of

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He made the Premier League team of the year last season and he was one of the star performers of the World Cup as well as scoring a goal in the final and winning the thing.
I tend to disagree about him not being any good in years
Yeah, and his appointment was so deserved that the Guardian called the decision a "shock inclusion". He was decent during the world cup but by no means France' standout performer.

Honestly, Pogba's probably the most frustrating footballer I know. Great talent but atrocious decision making. He could be a top 5 midfielder in the world with his abilities but his playing style keeps him from entering that tier. And he's not 20ish anymore but should be about to enter his absolute prime.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I was so delighted when Pogba was signed back by us and genuinely excited to see a potentially world class player dominating the PL for us.

Alas years down the line we find him itching to move back to Juve. Groundhog Day?

It’s regrettable that he hasn’t fulfilled what we’d hoped but equally when have we had the kind of quality movement and support for our more creative players?

I think it’s best for all involved that we accept it’s just not worked out as hoped and reinvest the money into a squad that needs creativity and numbers in midfield and out wide. Without selling Pogba I don’t see that happening.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Going to be a really interesting summer with this. I think United will want to sell him but not at a reduced price and they can't look like they've lost this battle of will with Raiola. I think Juve is his likely destination. They've shown with Ronaldo that they can stump up the cash for a big name signing and there's clearly a desire from them to take him back. Real will move for Mbappe I think, they need a striker more than a midfielder and Barca have spent heavily the last few windows, don't think they're an option.

If I was United my approach would be to tell Pogba and Raiola to sort this before the Euros. Price is 130m, take it or leave it. If it's not done by the Euros then he stays. Trigger the extension and let him sit here for another year. Dragging this out after the euros effectively shortens our window by a month as we won't be able to rely on that money until he goes. When he goes, we move for Grealish.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Going to be a really interesting summer with this. I think United will want to sell him but not at a reduced price and they can't look like they've lost this battle of will with Raiola. I think Juve is his likely destination. They've shown with Ronaldo that they can stump up the cash for a big name signing and there's clearly a desire from them to take him back. Real will move for Mbappe I think, they need a striker more than a midfielder and Barca have spent heavily the last few windows, don't think they're an option.

If I was United my approach would be to tell Pogba and Raiola to sort this before the Euros. Price is 130m, take it or leave it. If it's not done by the Euros then he stays. Trigger the extension and let him sit here for another year. Dragging this out after the euros effectively shortens our window by a month as we won't be able to rely on that money until he goes. When he goes, we move for Grealish.
I don't like that strategy personally. Selling him will give us the money to go after another signing or two as you know full well the Glazers won't be spending a vast amount this Summer unless they get money coming in.

We need to hit the ground running and get transfers sorted quickly as the Euros will cause a late panic which is something we're really bad at right now. I'd just be in communication with the buying clubs from now till the end of the season and make it clear that so long as they pay the required fee (I think 100m is more realistic) then the transfer can be done straight away. If we get this agreement nice and early it allows us to go after other players, last thing we want is for this deal to stall and then watch our targets get snapped up by rival clubs.

Camilo

I reckon a summer loan move is on the cards, followed by a quiet exchange of 40-50 million quid the next summer. He's been a complete flop here and we'll be lucky to get any proper bids from big clubs.

LawCharltonBest

Enjoys watching fox porn
I reckon a summer loan move is on the cards, followed by a quiet exchange of 40-50 million quid the next summer. He's been a complete flop here and we'll be lucky to get any proper bids from big clubs.
Doesn't his contract expire next Summer?

Don't think many teams will fancy paying United 50 million for a free agent