Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clarkydaz

if Real Madrid wanted this marquee galactico in the same vein as Ronaldo, Bale etc then the whole world would know doing their routine shithousery they and Barca pull when they really want something. Everyone sees right through this, 2 years of circus put to bed by wanting to play with Bruno Fernandes, thats the best spin? :lol:

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
If Pogba wants to stay, why do people want him gone??
Because not everyone is going to take him at his word...shock horror.

If he genuinely wants it, he'll have to do it the only way that matters...

I think we can forgive folks not falling over backward with gratitude.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Because not everyone is going to take him at his word...shock horror.

If he genuinely wants it, he'll have to do it the only way that matters...

I think we can forgive folks not falling over backward with gratitude.
If he signs a new contract why do you need his word ffs :lol: he will be committing the best part of his career to us, that's all the "word" we need.

IF he wants to leave then he won't sign, it's that simple. We will be forced to sell next year at the latest.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
If he signs a new contract why do you need his word ffs :lol: he will be committing the best part of his career to us, that's all the "word" we need.

IF he wants to leave then he won't sign, it's that simple. We will be forced to sell next year at the latest.
Yeah, not as if any player has signed a new contract and then pushed for a move a year later...

Oh....wait....

:lol:

I don't mean his literal word sweetie. If he signs a new deal and cracks on with the desire, talent and hunger he is capable of then I'm all for Paul Pogba. I think he could be fundamental to future success.

However, if he signs a new deal, and we start hearing the same old shite from his shite bucket agent....well...

I'll judge him by how he applies himself...think that's fair. New contract or not.

I'm happy to wait and see. But I'm not naive enough to think him signing an improved contract is some sort of commitment to us :lol:

It's as if nobody has ever thrown their toys out of the pram demanding a move despite being on a long contract

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Anyone else think that this news can be translated as "there are only a handful of clubs in the world that can afford Pogba's transfer fee and wages, and it has become apparent that none on them are in the market for him at that price"?
If he stays here without signing a new contract then that is exactly what it'll be. If he truly wants to go and nobody can afford him right now (a real risk for him), he can just sit on his current contract for another year and then we'll pretty much be forced to sell for relatively cheap next season. I'm sure Real/PSG would then give him a nice bonus to make up for the wages he'd miss out on for not signing a new contract now.

If he actually signs a new contract it tells me he actually thinks we've turned the corner and we'll start being more competitive again.

MadDogg

I think there is ways to go about doing that and to see him flip flop once again now actually makes me angry. That somehow Bruno is good enough to play alongside Pogba, that should change everything. What happens when Bruno hits a bad run of form? Wouldn't Pogba want to leave again?
If (and I still consider it a big 'if') Pogba does sign a new contract, it won't be just because of Bruno. It'll be because he thinks we're getting our shit together and will start being more competitive at the top end of the table. Bruno is obviously a big part of that, but it won't be the only part. The hopeful signing of Sancho will be another, and just the general improvement in general that will hopefully continue.

dirkey

Oh look. Market quite obviously dries up, and suddenly he wants to stay.

Some people will lap anything up!

Traub

We won't let him go for free, so this is going to be a business decision that is a marriage of convenience.

wolvored

I also think if he really wants to stay then give him the same contract amount again. Give his agent nothing. We got stung with paying high wages to Sanchez. Pogba isnt that far behind him anyhow. However, I still think this wont happen and if he doesnt leave in the summer, he will go January or the summer after.

Adam-Utd

Oh look. Market quite obviously dries up, and suddenly he wants to stay.

Some people will lap anything up!
Who cares if he changes his mind?

I care about Man United and in my eyes keeping him is better than selling him off cheap.

dirkey

Who cares if he changes his mind?

I care about Man United and in my eyes keeping him is better than selling him off cheap.
Yeah, I can see why you might feel that way, and respect it.

It's not for me though. Other players aren't stupid though, they know what he's been up to. Won't be good for dressing room in my opinion, especially if he actually gets a raise with a new deal!

C'est Moi Cantona

I really I hope we do keep him, and if that is just on the back of other clubs not wanting him anymore, and us showing a little bit of hope we can compete again, then so be it.

A fully committed Pogba, + Bruno, Fred, Rashford, Martial, and hopefully Sancho, is worth forgiving and forgetting imo.

wolvored

I really I hope we do keep him, and if that is just on the back of other clubs not wanting him anymore, and us showing a little bit of hope we can compete again, then so be it.

A fully committed Pogba, + Bruno, Fred, Rashford, Martial, and hopefully Sancho, is worth forgiving and forgetting imo.
How do you know that will happen when hes never shown that since the first day he signed.

C'est Moi Cantona

How do you know that will happen when hes never shown that since the first day he signed.
If he signs a new deal, and has decent players around him for a change, then he doesn't really have anymore excuses left, and surely it'd be as good as sabotaging your own career given the stage he's at in his career.

Adam-Utd

zzzzzzzzzzzzz this is getting very boring.

How exactly has he not been committed? He's never refused to play even when Mourinho was treating him like a cnut he turned the game for United to win 3-2 against Newcastle.

He's been just as committed than anybody else.

Art Vandelay

if Real Madrid wanted this marquee galactico in the same vein as Ronaldo, Bale etc then the whole world would know doing their routine shithousery they and Barca pull when they really want something. Everyone sees right through this, 2 years of circus put to bed by wanting to play with Bruno Fernandes, thats the best spin? :lol:
Yip. No one wants him so he suddenly wants to stay. We'd be mad to even talk about a pay rise which will obviously be what he's now after, he's done absolutely feck all to earn one.

forevrared

He can earn a new contract if he wants one. That means a long period of sustained effort and production, which he's not shown since arriving. You don't publicly flirt with other clubs in the summer then spend half the season on the treatment table (or dancing on a supposedly damaged ankle) and show up and demand more money to stay. I would hope the club is smarter than to be played like that, but knowing Woodward, he's not. An extension at his current payrate or an incentive laden contract would be acceptable.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
If (and I still consider it a big 'if') Pogba does sign a new contract, it won't be just because of Bruno. It'll be because he thinks we're getting our shit together and will start being more competitive at the top end of the table. Bruno is obviously a big part of that, but it won't be the only part. The hopeful signing of Sancho will be another, and just the general improvement in general that will hopefully continue.
But not many games ago his agent attacked the manager responsible for this new rebuild. Pogba wants out. So if he wants to sign a new contract it could be for any unknown reason, like he couldn't find a club and want more money to stay here. Bruno is the only difference between a motivated Pogba believing in a project and his manager, and the guy who desperately wants to leave United because Ole sucks and we're run terribly. Why would he all of a sudden believe in this new project? Pogba knows what he wants, he is probably not as knee-jerk as the standard fan. If he is, that is a problem in it self. You can't trust players who feels committed one day then the next day they find a new reason to leave and be upset.

This team needs players that firmly believe in the project. What if we let all players have their mouthpiece agent lie and slag the manager off after each game or bad performance they give. It isn't acceptable. Honestly, I'd be very surprised if we offered Pogba a new contract. I don't see why we would, but if we did he probably would sign it if Raiola told him to do it for cash money, after failing to move him.

Scholsey2004

He's our best player but this season he's been a total nuissance with his agent's constant sniping at the club. If he stays its because he didn't get a good enough offer. I just don't think we need the distraction he generates.

MadDogg

But not many games ago his agent attacked the manager responsible for this new rebuild. Pogba wants out. So if he wants to sign a new contract it could be for any unknown reason, like he couldn't find a club and want more money to stay here. Bruno is the only difference between a motivated Pogba believing in a project and his manager, and the guy who desperately wants to leave United because Ole sucks and we're run terribly. Why would he all of a sudden believe in this new project? Pogba knows what he wants, he is probably not as knee-jerk as the standard fan. If he is, that is a problem in it self. You can't trust players who feels committed one day then the next day they find a new reason to leave and be upset.

This team needs players that firmly believe in the project. What if we let all players have their mouthpiece agent lie and slag the manager off after each game or bad performance they give. It isn't acceptable. Honestly, I'd be very surprised if we offered Pogba a new contract. I don't see why we would, but if we did he probably would sign it if Raiola told him to do it for cash money, after failing to move him.
And then the agent basically apologised the very next day (most likely because Pogba wasn't happy with what he said).

Pogba does want out if we are going to continue to be shit. There's no doubt about that. I have no problem with it, as I have no doubt some of our legends of the past would have also wanted to leave if we'd been as shit during their time as we have during Pogba's. They, just like Pogba, would obviously prefer to have their success here at Man Utd, but if that's not going to happen they aren't going to waste their peak years here. That's the reality of football and life in general.

If Pogba does want to leave but another club can't afford him yet, he'll just wait another year when we will be forced to sell him for cheap.

wolvored

zzzzzzzzzzzzz this is getting very boring.

How exactly has he not been committed? He's never refused to play even when Mourinho was treating him like a cnut he turned the game for United to win 3-2 against Newcastle.

He's been just as committed than anybody else.
Errr lets see: The fact he wanted a new challenge in the summer. His 2 mouthpieces, his brother and his agent spouting about leaving. His 'injury' then playing dancing on his ankle and playing basketball in America with it. Could that be counted as refusing to play?
There is none so blind as those who wont see.

jackal&hyde

Not a for a world record signing and highest paid player.

What planet or industry does that apply to?
The player topped the charts for assists and goals last season and was in the PL best 11, what more do you expect from one player? Put better players around him that can do similar things and you have a top team.

forevrared

The player topped the charts for assists and goals last season and was in the PL best 11, what more do you expect from one player? Put better players around him that can do similar things and you have a top team.
10th in goals and 7th in assists is hardly 'topping the charts'. Over half his goals were penalties anyway.

gica_7

There's no 'probably' about it.
Yes I guess. We can talk about the reasons behind it but we must admit we haven't seen much of that "better player" for United.

You think our best player will not ‘ever be as good for us’ as a player we haven’t signed?
No, you got me wrong. I just said there is a chance that Pogba will never be reach his potential for United anyway. Pogba is a better player but potentially, Grealish might be better for United.

We can afford Grealish if we qualify for CL. It's that simple.

A midfield of Pogba, Bruno, Grealish, McT, Matic, and Fred will be formidable. 6 central players for the whole season, seems well stocked to challenge at all front.

Let's be realistic here, we're two injury away from playing Perreira and Lingard.

If Alexis leaves, Pogba can have that salary.
I am not sure. We have seen enough evidence over the last 4-5 seasons that Glazers doesn't want to spend more than a certain treshold. If we sign Sancho that is already 100+ Million Euros. Add grealish it is coming towards 200 Million. I would love United's squad to be as deep as it was in 2009, and the midfield you mentioned is what United deserve. It's just we don't know whether Glazers or the board agree with us.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
And then the agent basically apologised the very next day (most likely because Pogba wasn't happy with what he said).

Pogba does want out if we are going to continue to be shit. There's no doubt about that. I have no problem with it, as I have no doubt some of our legends of the past would have also wanted to leave if we'd been as shit during their time as we have during Pogba's. They, just like Pogba, would obviously prefer to have their success here at Man Utd, but if that's not going to happen they aren't going to waste their peak years here. That's the reality of football and life in general.

If Pogba does want to leave but another club can't afford him yet, he'll just wait another year when we will be forced to sell him for cheap.
Yeah. I'd say thats fair enough and I didn't hold it against De Gea either. However, leaving Manchester United in the name of ambition is a double edged sword as our rise is pretty much inevitable and success is never guaranteed in football anywhere. All top clubs have rebuilding periods, in fact Pogba would be joining a project even in Madrid, Bayern or pretty much anywhere right now except maybe City, Liverpool and Barca. My point about ambition being a double edge sword in this context is that when you use ambition as your motivation to leave and you don't leave, what happens to the motivation? What happens to your ambition? It's not as if you can just change your mind is it? You'd almost have to change your own definition of the word ambition on the premiss that you get more money. "For this price, I buy into the project". The main motivation for a great player at United should be to win, but also become a legend. I could use Rooney as an example as well. No doubt a United legend, but as soon as his ego started to try change shit around him to make himself look better he started his decline, and from his "antics in the name of ambition" his reputation took a hit. He stayed and never really played like he did before, similar to De Gea, possibly similar to Pogba. It's certainly not inconceivable.

I just think sometimes the best for the club is to remove these players (even if it's scary to lose quality and might not makes sense) and do the full rebuild. SAF always did this. He was very ruthless and he had great success in updating his squads through the years, while maintaining success.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Hardly a noteworthy achievement when the entire club, team, tactics and formation were all built to go through him!!! Plus he hogged penalty taking at the expense of building confidence in our strikers. And most of these numbers came after he decided to stop being a toxic virus sulk, partly causing Mourinho to get sacked. And then of course, he suddenly stopped playing again, once he came back from yet another injury post PSG.

If Mourinho 2nd place can so easily be dismissed as a nothing by so many, then I also dismiss Pogba's 'chart topping' stats as simply evidence of a selfish guy playing simply for his own prestige and youtube highlight compilations.. His supposed 'top of the charts' delivered nothing.

I expected Pogba to raise the quality of Manchester United, and not be a show pony (and perma crock), which is all is has been for us so far.

As for your actual claim of 'chart topping', perfectly explained by poster below:

10th in goals and 7th in assists is hardly 'topping the charts'. Over half his goals were penalties anyway.

UncleBob

Hardly a noteworthy achievement when the entire club, team, tactics and formation were all built to go through him!!! Plus he hogged penalty taking at the expense of building confidence in our strikers. And most of these numbers came after he decided to stop being a toxic virus sulk, partly causing Mourinho to get sacked. And then of course, he suddenly stopped playing again, once he came back from yet another injury post PSG.

If Mourinho 2nd place can so easily be dismissed as a nothing by so many, then I also dismiss Pogba's 'chart topping' stats as simply evidence of a selfish guy playing simply for his own prestige and youtube highlight compilations.. His supposed 'top of the charts' delivered nothing.

I expected Pogba to raise the quality of Manchester United, and not be a show pony (and perma crock), which is all is has been for us so far.

As for your actual claim of 'chart topping', perfectly explained by poster below:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Pogba or another quality player is very required if Pogba was to be sold. If something happened to Bruno, we'd be back to playing Pereira and Lingard.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
I think.... if Pogba agrees to put his agent back on a leash, accept that he might have to get rotated if he doesn’t put in every match 7 more often then not or at times simply for tactical reasons like when we play vs City and need two defensive CM’s and an ACM like Fernandes who actually battles, then Pogba will be welcome to play for the club and might even prove doubters wrong.

If not he can feck off for the right price or carry on being injured

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think.... if Pogba agrees to put his agent back on a leash, accept that he might have to get rotated if he doesn’t put in every match 7 more often then not or at times simply for tactical reasons like when we play vs City and need two defensive CM’s and an ACM like Fernandes who actually battles, then Pogba will be welcome to play for the club and might even prove doubters wrong.

If not he can feck off for the right price or carry on being injured
Quite the olive branch you extended there.

jesperjaap

Why do so many seem keen for him to stay when he has been so inconsistant and a negative influence? I see many saying imagine him and Fernandes together? Surely the fact Fernandes has had as many good games pretty much in not even two months that Pogba in two seasons show what utter twaddle it is that we cant find anybody as good to replace Pogba? Personally I would be happy if we sold him for the same money we paid, get rid off the myth that is Pogba

Red_Orchestra

So it looks like he might be staying put.

Even though I'm on the ship to get rid of him, I'm sorry but a midfield trio consisting of Bruno / Pogba / Zakaria would be a force to be reckoned with.
Add a right winger and we're back in the game boys.