Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greck

Let him go. Bruno has reminded everyone what a creative hub is actually meant to look like. Being a cog through 90 minutes without being a defensive liability at CM

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
“Paul is going through a difficult time, but let it be clear because in England they are very sensitive, Pogba is concentrating on making a great end to the season with Manchester United,”
“He wants to re-enter the team and make a great end to the season so that United can return to Champions League.”
“You can’t say what’ll happen. Today you cannot know. Now the club and the team matter and then we will see what can happen. There was great interest, but it was not possible. We will see what happens.”

“My relation with Real Madrid is very good. I am in contact with José Ángel [Sanchez] and I love discussing football and FIFA issues with him because his opinion interests me,”
“I want to take a great footballer and I will try this summer. It would be a pride for me and my footballers because Real Madrid is a great club “

Rolaholic

Ole all but confirmed his near future and plans to play him with Bruno in his last interview yet here we are taking the Mail's word as gospel once again?

Some things never change, even during a pandemic :lol:

Deery

Dreary
It may or may not be over, I wouldn't have any problem accepting either of the scenarios when it actually becomes clear. I am just asking about the shite tweet that you posted. It doesn't add anything of value. It cites Sun as its source, and even there, they don't have any credible sources. I dunno why the quotation marks are there, are they quoting the Sun article? Very weird if so.
SKY Sports were quoting him this morning too so he must have some kind of inside knowledge on the situation, the club doesn’t come directly out and say the player is getting sold it doesn’t work like that they leak information to the media just giving a heads up on the situation..

poleglass red

Looking like he could possibly stay, not out of any underlying loyalty to us but due to the fact, no-one will pay what we think he's worth. I've no issue either way, a refreshed focused Pogba is a welcome addition to any team. The sulking, prima donna version we've seen a lot of in recent seasons isn't, but we've seen enough magic to know what we have.The good thing if he does return, he's no longer the main man, the saviour, he's coming back still as a high profile player but to a team high on confidence who've done well of late in his absence. I actually think Pogba would be better in this scenario. Previously we are looking at him and just him to do anything creative. For all his strengths Pogba isn't a 90 min player, he'll flit in and out of games, lots of top players do that. He did it for Juve and he does it for France, but they had/have quality players to pick up the slack when he drifted, we previously didn't, now we have more options. Interesting to see how this plays out.

poleglass red

the press numbers are dropping for Pogba, now they are talking 100 mill, gone are the 120 to 150 mill numbers they said we wanted. I wonder if that's being driven simply by the press, by us, or his agent to drum up interest, or a combination of them. I think you'd find takers at that price, but anything north of that I don't think there's any takers.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Can we decide quickly what do about him ? I don't want to make the wrong one on my Pes master league.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Real is not going to pump the 120m and this leech knows better than anyone else. That's the reason why he keeps creating the noise to force our hand. I don't mind if Pogba leaves on free in 2 years but do hope Ed sticks to that valuation this summer. Mino can go and feck off.

Bondi77

I saw an article recently revisiting the link with Savic if Pogba leaves.
I do not watch Serie A but I see his club is doing well so I would imagine he would be a big part of it
He might be a bit of a shirt seller as well and he would increase the good looking factor in the midfield by replacing Pogba.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
I saw an article recently revisiting the link with Savic if Pogba leaves.
I do not watch Serie A but I see his club is doing well so I would imagine he would be a big part of it
He might be a bit of a shirt seller as well and he would increase the good looking factor in the midfield by replacing Pogba.
Wtf dude :lol:

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I am a fan, but his time here, for whatever reason, hasn't gone the way both him and the club would've liked.

I would love for him to stay, as i do believe we are moving in the right direction and we could use him, he can be world class.

All i care about at this point is that if he leaves, we build around Bruno and re-invest wisely.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Pogba featuring quite heavily in United's social media at the minute. New contract incoming? Personally I think he should be allowed to leave UNLESS he shows commitment to the club and if he were to sign a new contract I'd be absolutely delighted. Just thinking out loud.

laughtersassassin

Pogba featuring quite heavily in United's social media at the minute. New contract incoming? Personally I think he should be allowed to leave UNLESS he shows commitment to the club and if he were to sign a new contract I'd be absolutely delighted. Just thinking out loud.
If he does sign a new contract I hope Ole in his statement about it puts some responsibility on the fans that have abused them. Nothing direct of course.

Just say something like we need to all support Paul.

Because there haven't been many moments I have been so disappointed in our fans as the last game of last season when they abusedand then the also the group who boo'd him when he came in versus Watford this season.

Obviously this isn't a majority but it's enough that it is heard loud and clear. If they won't stop then it's really on the rest of us to start singing his name to drown out any rubbish like that.

If we continue to have that it will never matter if he commits or if he plays well etc. Because they create an untenable environment.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Even if the club's just happy to have him back from injury he's featured on it nearly every day. I get the impression that a new contract may be on the horizon. Of course, I could be reading into it too much.

Nikelesh Reddy

Woodward made it clear yesterday that there won’t be any Hollywood signings this summer.Does that mean that Pogba won’t be sold at any cost?I actually think that there’s greater chance of Pogba staying on for atleast another season because of the current situation...Unless Real or Juve can give us a player in return,I don’t think Pogba will be sold just for the m9ney this summer..

gajender

Woodward made it clear yesterday that there won’t be any Hollywood signings this summer.Does that mean that Pogba won’t be sold at any cost?I actually think that there’s greater chance of Pogba staying on for atleast another season because of the current situation...Unless Real or Juve can give us a player in return,I don’t think Pogba will be sold just for the m9ney this summer..
When did this happen?

M Utd

My guess is that with finances being low we won't sell for less than we paid for him. He's simply got too long on his contract for us to lose a great deal of money. Player or player + cash player on the other hand is a possibility.

Suvvernmanc

I would like him to stay. With a better midfield and attack ahead of him he will flourish i think. But with the possibility of not having quite as much to spend due to the long break in income, selling Pogba (if we could get top money for him) would be great for us. His fee plus our budget would fund a good number and calibre of player. It could be great for us for him to leave. I'm a bit torn.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I can't see us getting the money we would want for him this year.

Have we got an option to extend for 12 months? Can see that happening or him signing a slight extention with the assumption he's gone the year after.

Nicoseth

I can't see us getting the money we would want for him this year.

Have we got an option to extend for 12 months? Can see that happening or him signing a slight extension with the assumption he's gone the year after.
He has 1 year with option for another - essentially 2 years. I think he'll stay this summer and go next, probably for around what we paid for him or slightly less.

Robertd0803

Its like journalists dont even try anymore. Of all PSG players to link they picked Di Maria :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Nobody is going to spend even 90m for one player this summer, it just isn’t going to happen. Only way Pogba leaves is in a swap deal

Nicoseth

Nobody is going to spend even 90m for one player this summer, it just isn’t going to happen. Only way Pogba leaves is in a swap deal
Yeah, pretty sure you're right on this. I think we could see a general freeze on transfers this summer with only loans and swaps happening. If we had to stick with what we have, including Pogba staying, how would we feel about going into next season? What would the expectations be? I'd be happy enough. We're unbelievably lucky we got Bruno when we did - he's a literal game changer for us and there's a good chance that deal would not have happened this summer. With the continued development of players like AWB, Williams, Greenwood et al, we'd be in good shape. Top 4 realistic aim.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
DI MARZIO SAYS…
I think he could leave because he only has one year on his contract. When you only have one year, it is very difficult to renew the contract now.
United consider him the most important player, not only on the field, but for marketing, merchandising and for everything. But this situation with his contract it makes it very difficult for him to stay.
Real Madrid are going forward for him. Zinedine Zidane wanted him last summer. Juventus would like to have him back, but they will only do swap deals.
So it depends on whether United need or wants some Juventus players that they can put in the deal, like Miralem Pjanic and Douglas Costa.
I know Juventus and Manchester United have had contact even in the last days because Juventus would like to do this type of deal.

Judas

Open to offers
We've got the option of another year haven't we? So it's basically two years?

I can't see 2020 Man Utd being interested in Costa, and probably not even Pjanic either (love him though).

GiddyUp

DI MARZIO SAYS…
I think he could leave because he only has one year on his contract. When you only have one year, it is very difficult to renew the contract now.
United consider him the most important player, not only on the field, but for marketing, merchandising and for everything. But this situation with his contract it makes it very difficult for him to stay.
Real Madrid are going forward for him. Zinedine Zidane wanted him last summer. Juventus would like to have him back, but they will only do swap deals.
So it depends on whether United need or wants some Juventus players that they can put in the deal, like Miralem Pjanic and Douglas Costa.
I know Juventus and Manchester United have had contact even in the last days because Juventus would like to do this type of deal.
Isn't everything he said here wrong?

Garry Buck

I can't see 2020 Man Utd being interested in Costa, and probably not even Pjanic either (love him though).
The 2 players he mentioned as potential swaps are way past their prime and should be non starters. The player I think we should only consider is Rabiot.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Yeah, every journalist seems to be conviniently forgetting that part.

Nero

Di Marzio being a clown like usual. He did get some things right about 5 years ago though.

The Red Thinker

I remember the day when POgba joined us. I genuinely thought... wow we finally have it. A super talented young player, in his prime, to bring the club out of this rut. He's had some fine displays... some wonderful moments. But can anyone honestly put their hands up and say, "My life as a United fan cannot be complete without a Pogba jersey!" ?

Pogba has been good for us as a player. Very good at times. But he was supposed to be great. When the shit hits the fan, he was to be our beacon. Our modern day Robbo. Our action man to stop the mighty rivals in the North. Now I understand he's seen turbulence in his time here. Life soured under Mourinho. Yet... for a player to wear our colours, our talisman no less... to come out and openly say in an interview that it may be time to move on... was soul crushing.

Add to that the demon that is Raiola in his ear and corrupting his thoughts. His lack of responsibility in the club's image and honour... I will have absolutely no regrets if he left our club and went on to win the Balon D'or elsewhere. Why? Pogba is not the man for a recovering club. A club struggling to come out of a funk. He is not Cantona, not Gerrard, not Totti... the list is endless.

For those reasons, he will be forgotten in the anals of Manchester United. Bruno Fernandes in FIVE games has shown that inspiring those around you is for the chosen few.

Passing: Pogba > Bruno
Dribbling: Pogba > Bruno
Heading: Pogba > Bruno
Physicality: Pogba > Bruno
Leadership: Bruno > Pogba
Mentality: Bruno > Pogba

For a club desperate for direction, the final two qualities alone can make such a difference. It makes those around you better. It gets the fans humming again. It makes you believe again. You will never see Bruno le sulk. You will never see him whining on the pitch. He will go and bark orders and ensure the team get in line.
Bruno has talent equivalent to that of an above average player.... but when you mix in the mentality, he becomes elite. He is the answer. Pogba? Belongs in Madrid, Barca, PSG... go be their luxury.

Handré1990

I remember the day when POgba joined us. I genuinely thought... wow we finally have it. A super talented young player, in his prime, to bring the club out of this rut. He's had some fine displays... some wonderful moments. But can anyone honestly put their hands up and say, "My life as a United fan cannot be complete without a Pogba jersey!" ?

Pogba has been good for us as a player. Very good at times. But he was supposed to be great. When the shit hits the fan, he was to be our beacon. Our modern day Robbo. Our action man to stop the mighty rivals in the North. Now I understand he's seen turbulence in his time here. Life soured under Mourinho. Yet... for a player to wear our colours, our talisman no less... to come out and openly say in an interview that it may be time to move on... was soul crushing.

Add to that the demon that is Raiola in his ear and corrupting his thoughts. His lack of responsibility in the club's image and honour... I will have absolutely no regrets if he left our club and went on to win the Balon D'or elsewhere. Why? Pogba is not the man for a recovering club. A club struggling to come out of a funk. He is not Cantona, not Gerrard, not Totti... the list is endless.

For those reasons, he will be forgotten in the anals of Manchester United. Bruno Fernandes in FIVE games has shown that inspiring those around you is for the chosen few.

Passing: Pogba > Bruno
Dribbling: Pogba > Bruno
Heading: Pogba > Bruno
Physicality: Pogba > Bruno
Leadership: Bruno > Pogba
Mentality: Bruno > Pogba

For a club desperate for direction, the final two qualities alone can make such a difference. It makes those around you better. It gets the fans humming again. It makes you believe again. You will never see Bruno le sulk. You will never see him whining on the pitch. He will go and bark orders and ensure the team get in line.
Bruno has talent equivalent to that of an above average player.... but when you mix in the mentality, he becomes elite. He is the answer. Pogba? Belongs in Madrid, Barca, PSG... go be their luxury.
It’s annals, sorry, it just bothered me a little:p

You’re doing Bruno a massive disservice here, imo, he’s shown he’s far from an above average player in his short time here. You could probably make a convincing argument Pogba is more naturally gifted, but he’s not far behind any player in today’s game on that front. Other than that you’re right about the mentality and leadership qualities Bruno has which are somewhat lacking in Pogba.

Physicality is a tough one though, Pogba should be ahead, but really isn’t in my opinion. Bruno has the engine and more fight in his game, and has shown he can cope well with intense pressure.

Kag

I’m really looking forward to a Pogba-Bruno double act in midfield. If we can finally bring in a proper right winger then we’ll have the makings of a goal scoring team for the first time since Ferguson retired.

As I’ve argued for years, when we sort out the goals column then we’ll finally start to compete.

jackal&hyde

I’m really looking forward to a Pogba-Bruno double act in midfield. If we can finally bring in a proper right winger then we’ll have the makings of a goal scoring team for the first time since Ferguson retired.

As I’ve argued for years, when we sort out the goals column then we’ll finally start to compete.
I'm in the same boat. We fixed our defense imo as far as talent goes, we still need to work on players understanding each other but that is natural given that from the back 4 only Lindelof and Shaw ever played together before; now we can put together one of the best attacking line ups in Europe imo with Pogba and Bruno as creators and also goal threats, supplying Rashford ,Martial and hopefully Sancho.