Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I know that i am in minority regarding this and i agree that Man Utd is bigger than any player but i want him to stay despite his desire to leave. I hope that huge contract will convince him to stay.
Pogba is just an unique midfielder. He has literally everything. World class player who will show that on the pitch if/when he resolves his future in his head. With new contract he will know that he is staying here and he will be 100% focused on football. Then we will see true Pogba.

De gea
AWB, Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw
Fred, Pogba, Bruno
Rashford, Martial, new right winger.
Subs- McT, Greenwood, Matic, Williams, Bailly, James, Ighalo...

Call me deluded but that squad can challenge for PL next year.

RUCK4444

I know that i am in minority regarding this and i agree that Man Utd is bigger than any player but i want him to stay despite his desire to leave. I hope that huge contract will convince him to stay.
Pogba is just an unique midfielder. He has literally everything. World class player who will show that on the pitch if/when he resolves his future in his head. With new contract he will know that he is staying here and he will be 100% focused on football. Then we will see true Pogba.

De gea
Fred, Pogba, Bruno

Totally agree with you. Add Sancho in as that new right winger and the starting 11 competes with any in the league.

Pogba is unique, frustratingly so for some at times, that said in this more balanced and talented squad is where we will see the best of him, I’m certain of it.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I remember the day when POgba joined us. I genuinely thought... wow we finally have it. A super talented young player, in his prime, to bring the club out of this rut. He's had some fine displays... some wonderful moments. But can anyone honestly put their hands up and say, "My life as a United fan cannot be complete without a Pogba jersey!" ?

Pogba has been good for us as a player. Very good at times. But he was supposed to be great. When the shit hits the fan, he was to be our beacon. Our modern day Robbo. Our action man to stop the mighty rivals in the North. Now I understand he's seen turbulence in his time here. Life soured under Mourinho. Yet... for a player to wear our colours, our talisman no less... to come out and openly say in an interview that it may be time to move on... was soul crushing.

Add to that the demon that is Raiola in his ear and corrupting his thoughts. His lack of responsibility in the club's image and honour... I will have absolutely no regrets if he left our club and went on to win the Balon D'or elsewhere. Why? Pogba is not the man for a recovering club. A club struggling to come out of a funk. He is not Cantona, not Gerrard, not Totti... the list is endless.

For those reasons, he will be forgotten in the anals of Manchester United. Bruno Fernandes in FIVE games has shown that inspiring those around you is for the chosen few.

Passing: Pogba > Bruno
Dribbling: Pogba > Bruno
Heading: Pogba > Bruno
Physicality: Pogba > Bruno
Leadership: Bruno > Pogba
Mentality: Bruno > Pogba

For a club desperate for direction, the final two qualities alone can make such a difference. It makes those around you better. It gets the fans humming again. It makes you believe again. You will never see Bruno le sulk. You will never see him whining on the pitch. He will go and bark orders and ensure the team get in line.
Bruno has talent equivalent to that of an above average player.... but when you mix in the mentality, he becomes elite. He is the answer. Pogba? Belongs in Madrid, Barca, PSG... go be their luxury.
Couple of points.....firstly, and Robson is my ultimate hero, with him we won a few cups and were mediocre in the league for a decade. Regardless of how good he was. Along with the likes of Mcgrath, Moran, Whiteside, Stapleton, strachan, Olsen, Moses, Hughes.....he didn’t have a mediocre team to play with like Pogba has. Robson was a very different type of player to Pogba. Your expectations of Pogba were never going to be fulfilled expecting a Robson type player.
Secondly Cantona was transformative but he didn’t come into a team that were broken, he was the missing piece of the jigsaw of a team that already had all the other parts.

Thirdly...Bruno is far from average in terms of talent. I don’t think he’s far behind Pogba. He is a different character but also he’s come into a more complete team than Pogba did, had we signed Bruno when we signed Pogba I don’t think he’d have had the impact he’s had in his very short spell to date. Football is a team game.

jackal&hyde

Couple of points.....firstly, and Robson is my ultimate hero, with him we won a few cups and were mediocre in the league for a decade. Regardless of how good he was. Along with the likes of Mcgrath, Moran, Whiteside, Stapleton, strachan, Olsen, Moses, Hughes.....he didn’t have a mediocre team to play with like Pogba has. Robson was a very different type of player to Pogba. Your expectations of Pogba were never going to be fulfilled expecting a Robson type player.
Secondly Cantona was transformative but he didn’t come into a team that were broken, he was the missing piece of the jigsaw of a team that already had all the other parts.

Thirdly...Bruno is far from average in terms of talent. I don’t think he’s far behind Pogba. He is a different character but also he’s come into a more complete team than Pogba did, had we signed Bruno when we signed Pogba I don’t think he’d have had the impact he’s had in his very short spell to date. Football is a team game.
Top post. If Pogba was brought in the the current team with Rashford on fire, the defense more or less settled, a functioning midfield and a couple more acquisitions on the way people would have formed a very different impression of him. Being a good player in a terrible team didn't do him any favors and the expectations would have been impossible to make true regardless of talent; not even Messi can make Argentina fire the way Barcelona was.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If no club could afford him before the pandemic then they certainly can't now

Watch him leave on a free like he did 10 years ago or whenever it was

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
I can see him staying indefinitely now. Even after all this who will be able to pay what we're asking? Or his wages? If Juve are imposing a cap it shows they are low on funds and it could take a while before we see a full recovery for these clubs. We're in a very strong financial position and I think that regardless of Pogba's posturing, he'll stay here as we will be able to offer him much better financial terms than other teams even in a year or two.

My stance is that I would love him to stay but only if he signs the contract. If it's a case of stay for a year with more constant speculation about Madrid or Juve then no - not stoked with that. I think he'll sign a new contract this summer. Just my feeling.

Utd7

If no club could afford him before the pandemic then they certainly can't now

Watch him leave on a free like he did 10 years ago or whenever it was
Or he’ll sign an extension if he feels the club is moving in the right direction (i.e. buying Sancho)

Rolaholic

Juventus are set to become the first club to install a hard salary cap in response to the pandemic,got a real hard time believing they'll sign up to take on Pogba's wages under those circumstances...

Saddy

Players already on mega salaries must stick with that old phrase "better the (Red) devil you know" - there's no club out there that will match or better his current deal for a player that hasn't played for over 6 months !

My thought is he will run down his contract and chose the club he wants unless we get ourselves back into genuine premier league contention - however I still feel our owners should see this period as a great opportunity to stretch whatever transfer budget we'd planned this summer. Sancho and Bellingham in and remove 4/5 players off the books gives us the salary gap to fill.

RUCK4444

Players already on mega salaries must stick with that old phrase "better the (Red) devil you know" - there's no club out there that will match or better his current deal for a player that hasn't played for over 6 months !

My thought is he will run down his contract and chose the club he wants unless we get ourselves back into genuine premier league contention - however I still feel our owners should see this period as a great opportunity to stretch whatever transfer budget we'd planned this summer. Sancho and Bellingham in and remove 4/5 players off the books gives us the salary gap to fill.
Yeah, good post I, I agree.

I've been bleating on about the importance of United making the most of the current situation wherever we can. My plan if I were Ed would be to spend now and conserve/recoup funds later (if that's required.)

There are obvious benefits to United strengthening now when many clubs will be struggling to both spend on transfer fees and also commit to player wages. One of the benefits I'm hoping will be to demonstrate to players like Pogba that perhaps the grass ins't greener and with a stronger side he may renew.

I would put a decent renewal proposal under his nose now whilst the pandemic is ongoing, tell him that if he doesn't consider it now then it will only reduce from that point onward once we spend in the summer. He would have to consider it due to the fact other clubs will struggle with the higher wage commitments.

We need to get our house in order and tying down Pogba is important IMO.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seen a few rumors he's off to Juve. What's the latest on our mercurial Frenchman?
He definitely isn't. The Juve boss has already gone public saying they'd love him but can't afford him.

Saddy

Yeah, good post I, I agree.

I've been bleating on about the importance of United making the most of the current situation wherever we can. My plan if I were Ed would be to spend now and conserve/recoup funds later (if that's required.)

There are obvious benefits to United strengthening now when many clubs will be struggling to both spend on transfer fees and also commit to player wages. One of the benefits I'm hoping will be to demonstrate to players like Pogba that perhaps the grass ins't greener and with a stronger side he may renew.

I would put a decent renewal proposal under his nose now whilst the pandemic is ongoing, tell him that if he doesn't consider it now then it will only reduce from that point onward once we spend in the summer. He would have to consider it due to the fact other clubs will struggle with the higher wage commitments.

We need to get our house in order and tying down Pogba is important IMO.
Thanks - I also agree about the Pogba renewal but I wouldn't condone increasing the salary as he doesn't merit it on overall performance/injury etc. All we are going to get is player exchanges being offered and we should tell them to shove those deals up their asses !!

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Rumors mean nothing. So there's nothing to talk about. Pogba is a United player and naturally there's been lots of chat because we've been dire for a long time. Dire. But if we come back strong, then you create new motivation and new spirit. Ideally we need to tied him down but if we can't then we have to be smart. We were not smart with Ronaldo. United need to build on momentum and we have to make the most out of opportunism. Like Dortmund have. Ideally, we need to use our form as proof that we're moving in the right direction and if you bring in quality then you win over the players mind and agents such as his, has less to say.

Worst case scenaro, he leaves but I don't think in that scenario we would do well as we're not aggressive enough. We're not ambitious in that way. Unless you buy TOP quality, you would want to bring in TWO quality players so that rather then players being compared, what you have now is something greater by the sum of it's parts. But rumors are part of life and the media have no life.

RUCK4444

Thanks - I also agree about the Pogba renewal but I wouldn't condone increasing the salary as he doesn't merit it on overall performance/injury etc. All we are going to get is player exchanges being offered and we should tell them to shove those deals up their asses !!
Yeah I agree, renew on the same terms. If I'm Pogba in the current climate that has to be considered carefully because we don't know how long all this will last and the lasting affects on other clubs. Juve introducing a wage cap will hinder them going forward, their whole club model was to pay peanuts (or nothing) in transfer fees and offer very good wages, without that option going forward they won't secure the same calibre of player imo.

GoldanoGraham

I see that noises are coming out of Spain again now - Madrid and Zidane very keen in Pogba again now......it will be interesting how this is handled now - his agent has been very quiet for a while - the sniff of a chance to cause a shitstorm and I’m sure he will be piping up along with Pogba’s brothers......

Would be refreshing if this was handled differently this time - put to bed early by Pogba himself so that everyone can concentrate on getting us into CL.

ShinjiNinja26

Really can’t be arsed with another summer of constant speculation on whether Pogba is leaving, whether it’s bullshit or not.

Hope we nip this in the bud early, one way or another. Preferably by securing CL football and Paul committing his long term future to Utd.

Nickelodeon

No chance they’ll pay what’s needed. I’d rather let him go on a free two years on than disrupt the balance of our midfield.

romufc

Another summer, uncertainty. I hope we get top 4 and Pogba says he believes in the project. Otherwise, I can see him leaving.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'd be very surprised if he left, Ornstein said just yesterday he was excited at the prospect of playing with Sancho. Might be looking through red-tinted specs here but you'd have to be mad to want to leave this project just as it's getting started.

Craig Ward

De gea
Fred, Pogba, Bruno

If he wants to leave, then he's done here. Simple.

We can't throw money at players to convince them any longer. Giving Pogba an insane wage packet will just cause issue's down the line.

Look at Sanchez - stupid contract and we are paying him a fortune just to be on loan. We might well struggle to sell De Gea when the time comes due to his wages. We cant offload Rojo/Jones/Smalling permanently partly because of they're insane wages. Lingard too. We cannot keep this trend of throwing wages at players. It creates problems when we want to sell

Pogba will move on, probably to Madrid. We just need to ensure we manage it correctly, you cant force a player to be committed and give his all.

Your logic doesnt work in the real world "give a wantaway player even MORE money, then he'll give us 100%" It just doesnt work like that.

Are you summarising by saying we havent seen the real Pogba yet? In 3 seasons and a world record transfer fee we havent seen the real Pogba, yet we should give him MORE money?

I've been impressed with his recent form, and his talent is unquestionable when he wants to apply it. But he's not bigger than the club and he's certainly not worth the level of debate us fans have over him.

He doesn't deserve a bumper pay rise and we shouldn't give him one, if he wants to stay fine but we need to be realistic. My worry is we'll give him insane wages then he'll want to go and we will struggle to offload him, his form will dip (as it has previously) and the Pogba saga continues

Rolaholic

If they reportedly can't afford 80-90m for Havertz or Camavinga, what makes anyone think they can afford and in form Pogba??

Not fussed at all by these rumors

SecondFig

If we get CL, and hopefully sign Sancho - I think Paul would be keen to stay. This is what he signed up for - a side who can challenge for trophies, a side with other star players.

Plus, given the effects of covid, there is an absolutely minimal chance of anyone (Juve, Barca, or Real) being able to afford him this summer.

So, all in all, I'm very confident that he'll be here next year - would be good to tie him down to a new contract though...

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
If they reportedly can't afford 80-90m for Havertz or Camavinga, what makes anyone think they can afford and in form Pogba??

Not fussed at all by these rumors
Because Pogba is a galactico and they aren’t. Because Pogba is a finished article and they are youngsters who need to be nurtured still. Because Pogba won’t need an embedding period in the league while those two would need. They aren’t broke. I think they only want to spend their money on the right player.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
150m and he's theirs. Not that I want him to be sold, but let's be strict here. If he wants to leave, it is gonna cost lots of money

Rolaholic

Because Pogba is a galactico and they aren’t. Because Pogba is a finished article and they are youngsters who need to be nurtured still. Because Pogba won’t need an embedding period in the league while those two would need. They aren’t broke. I think they only want to spend their money on the right player.
I mean they've quite literally been moving away from the galactico model in recent years and signing bright young, largely unproven, talents from around the world has been their strategy and it's starting to come together for them. Hazard is the last real galactico to come but only due to the giant star sized hole that was exposed when Ronaldo left.

The fact they're link to the other 2 lines up with what they've been doing the last few years, they've had chances to sign Pogba in the past and it didn't happen. I doubt it happens under the current circumstances at all

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
They can’t afford the fee, we would pay better wages and he is playing in a much improved team with great potential. I’m not too worried on this one, likely just negotiation tactics for upcoming contract renewal talks.

laughtersassassin

Everyone's insecurity has always been their own biggest problem with Pogba. It's kind of hilarious.

Anyway no chance he leaves this summer so it is fairly simple for us now. Have a good summer sand add some top class players and a bit of depth and we will likely kickk off from where we are now next season.

Get complacent and have even a Medicare window and it will say all Pogba needs to know yet again. We aren't really trying to get back to top.

If we become a very good team he will stay. Simple as. Can't blame him of he wants to go again next season if we aren't really pushing to compete.

As Neville said now is the time for United to really invest. Blow everyone out of the water in the transfer market while we can.

croadyman

Everyone's insecurity has always been their own biggest problem with Pogba. It's kind of hilarious.

Anyway no chance he leaves this summer so it is fairly simple for us now. Have a good summer sand add some top class players and a bit of depth and we will likely kickk off from where we are now next season.

Get complacent and have even a Medicare window and it will say all Pogba needs to know yet again. We aren't really trying to get back to top.

If we become a very good team he will stay. Simple as. Can't blame him of he wants to go again next season if we aren't really pushing to compete.

As Neville said now is the time for United to really invest. Blow everyone out of the water in the transfer market while we can.
How many do you think we will sign in this window?

neilv93

For the first time in a while, I actually think we're in a position of strength here. We're headed into this pandemic-ridden summer transfer window being arguably one of only a handful of clubs globally that can afford to spend and don't need to sell, not to mention that we're on fire, playing well, looking like securing CL football and there's still an FA Cup and EL trophy available. Pogba in form is already worth £120m+ easily and with all of the above - plus the fact we might be getting more excellent players in like Sancho - why would Pogba still want to go?

Hopefully we finish top four, bag a trophy and announce a new five-year deal for Paul.

tenpoless

I think it was pretty obvious that he demanded more from United.
Now he seems to enjoy playing with Bruno.
Maybe he will stay, especially if Sancho comes.

croadyman

I think it was pretty obvious that he demanded more from United.
Now he seems to enjoy playing with Bruno.
Maybe he will stay, especially if Sancho comes.
Yeah there are signs of what we saw from Rooney in 2010 when he wanted better players around him

RoyH1

Not going to happen. Again everyone falling for a story from the French media. It’s more a case of wishful thinking from L’Equipe’s journalists who’d like to see the best French players playing for the biggest living French football legend.
But I’ve never seen any substance at all of the Madrid top brass going for Pogba or even bidding on him. Nothing concrete from a serious source. Just rumours.
If it didn’t happen last season, it’s not going to happen with the Covid-19 economy as it is.