Paul Pogba | Back in full training

automaticflare

Im sorry but you have chosen the wrong side of this argument. Disclaimer or not you do NOT wear the shirt of a potential future club even if you played for said club before. You do not do this especially if you have a huge social media presence and have had a history of dropping hints and having your agent and family drop hints too. Pogba knew what he was doing..he could have worn a France shirt for Matuidi if this was the intent but no he wore a Juve shirt.

People need to stop defending his petulent nonsense.
I finally agree. This is just pure childish and there are other ways for him to show support like the France jersey if he wanted to.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Im sorry but you have chosen the wrong side of this argument. Disclaimer or not you do NOT wear the shirt of a potential future club even if you played for said club before. You do not do this especially if you have a huge social media presence and have had a history of dropping hints and having your agent and family drop hints too. Pogba knew what he was doing..he could have worn a France shirt for Matuidi if this was the intent but no he wore a Juve shirt.

People need to stop defending his petulent nonsense.
Oh the irony.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Because Italy is the country where they became sick. The same reason why Lindelof is wearing a Sampdoria shirt. Quit grasping for straws. This is ridiculous.
He is supporting his friend and France national teammate, who plays in Italy. He also wants to show support for Italy. So he wears the shirt of a team he used to play for and is being linked with again. But it's OK, because he put in a disclaimer. In the process he's created a controversy that has detracted from the message he wanted to put across.

If we assume that his video was benign, then it's stupid, too elaborate, contrived and his message too diluted to be meaningful. He should keep it simple and on point or get professionals to help.

Lindelof is also stupid. He just pales in comparison, and gets benifit of the doubt because he hasn't made a fuss about leaving and isn't linked to Sampdoria.

By the way, Juventus and Sampdoria do not represent Italy anymore than a Liverpool and Burnley shirt would represent England.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
He is supporting his friend and France national teammate, who plays in Italy. He also wants to show support for Italy. So he wears the shirt of a team he used to play for and is being linked with again. But it's OK, because he put in a disclaimer. In the process he's created a controversy that has detracted from the message he wanted to put across.

If we assume that his video was benign, then it's stupid, too elaborate, contrived and his message too diluted to be meaningful. He should keep it simple and on point or get professionals to help.

Lindelof is also stupid. He just pales in comparison, and gets benifit of the doubt because he hasn't made a fuss about leaving and isn't linked to Sampdoria.

By the way, Juventus and Sampdoria do not represent Italy anymore than a Liverpool and Burnley shirt would represent England.
So are you're telling me if he didn't put the disclaimer nobody would have had a problem with him wearing a Juve shirt? :lol:

Given the context, that last sentence is a piss-take.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
There's no way that Pogba is as stupid as you think he is.
I'm not foolish enough to judge his true intentions.

If Pogba is being clever, then he's played you quite nicely. Given the circumstances (the devastation in Italy) and his stated intentions (supporting his friend/teammate who picked up the virus playing for his Italian club), if there was any time for fans to show a bit of restraint and understanding, this was it. Regardless of his intentions, the overreactions look extremely silly and petty given the context.

Dante

Average bang
I'm not foolish enough to judge his true intentions.

If Pogba is being clever, then he's played you quite nicely.
Given the circumstances (the devastation in Italy) and his stated intentions (supporting his friend/teammate who picked up the virus playing for his Italian club), if there was any time for fans to show a bit of restraint and understanding, this was it. Regardless of his intentions, the overreactions look extremely silly and petty given the context.
What game do you think Pogba is playing for this to be the case?

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
So are you're telling me if he didn't put the disclaimer nobody would have had a problem with him wearing a Juve shirt? :lol:

Given the context, that last sentence is a piss-take.
No, I'm saying it's stupid, disclaimer or not.

Edit: last sentance is fine. England and Italy are represented, in a football sense, by their national team colors.

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

I don’t have an opinion on him either way really. Great player on his day.

I just don’t get why everyone feels the need to defend him to the death whenever he does something which is obviously and clearly a bit stupid.
It's just not that big of a deal imo, he's done much worse and there's no need to be petty and scrutinize him on every single thing he does, even if its supposedly for a good cause.

Depay was photographed yesterday in a retro United kit. We have a first refusal clause on him. Wonder if Lyon supporters are in meltdown

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
What game do you think Pogba is playing for this to be the case?
Like I said, I’m not foolish enough to judge his intentions. But if he is playing a game, he’s showing how completely irrational and unreasonable fans can be even during a global pandemic.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
No, I'm saying it's stupid, disclaimer or not.

Edit: last sentance is fine. England and Italy are represented, in a football sense, by their national team colors.
So then why make a point about the disclaimer if it’s immaterial to the way you feel?

No, that last sentence is obtuse and nonsensical. Given the situation (which you conveniently ignore), it’s not a coincidence the two shirts worn in the video represent Italian clubs.

Dante

Average bang
Like I said, I’m not foolish enough to judge his intentions. But if he is playing a game, he’s showing how completely irrational and unreasonable fans can be even during a global pandemic.
The only way he's won is if his intention is to deliberately antagonise Manchester United fans.

If that's what he's trying to do it indicates that he doesn't care about his relationship with the club, since the club is the fanbase.
:lol: that's the joke. Complain about Pogba being a wum incessantly, while being wound up by Pogba. Who's winning there?

"Wumming" fans who already question your loyalty is stupid.

In any case, it's not wumming if there's recorded footage of the him saying that he wants to leave, with corroborating testimony from Raiola (his agent) and Evra (his personal friend).

It would only be wumming if there was never any substance to the rumours. A wind up backed up with a motive is an intention.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
The only way he's won is if his intention is to deliberately antagonise Manchester United fans.

If that's what he's trying to do it indicates that he doesn't care about his relationship with the club, since the club is the fanbase.
If those are fairy tales you would like to believe, then that's your choice. As I said, I took what he said at face value and I'm not trying to parse his true/hidden intentions. IMO it takes a distorted sense of reality to draw the conclusion he's wumming the fans in a time like this.

Fergie Steps In

If those are fairy tales you would like to believe, then that's your choice. As I said, I took what he said at face value and I'm not trying to parse his true/hidden intentions. IMO it takes a distorted sense of reality to draw the conclusion he's wumming the fans in a time like this.
Taking what people say at "face value" may also be a "fairy tale" that takes a "distorted sense of reality" to believe.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Taking what people say at "face value" may also be a "fairy tale" that takes a "distorted sense of reality" to believe.
And you have missed the point. Taking what someone says at face value when they explain their intent is compassionate recognition, during a worldwide catastrophe is really all a self-aware, empathic human being can do, fairy tale or not. If a United fan feels wummed by Pogba in this instance, I would advise them to find more hobbies outside of supporting United.

BlackBen

Pogba disrespects United again by having the same hairstyle as Zidane. Get this virus out of the club ASAP. He’s even wearing white under the United kit meaning he wants to join Madrid.

Such an immature player. Doesn’t even bother to issue a disclaimer because his love for Madrid is obvious. A disgrace to our club.

From my family to the @adidas family #hometeam ❤
A post shared by Paul Labile Pogba (@paulpogba) on Mar 25, 2020 at 7:03am PDT

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Pogba disrespects United again by having the same hairstyle as Zidane. Get this virus out of the club ASAP. He’s even wearing white under the United kit meaning he wants to join Madrid.

Such an immature player. Doesn’t even bother to issue a disclaimer because his love for Madrid is obvious. A disgrace to our club.

disgrace. Should be at Carrington.

Shimo

People are dying and he is showing off his opulent home, that to with what is obviously a homage to Los Blancos under it all, Pogba knows very well what he is doing, only cares for himself, that's the type of virus he is.

Think I've got it now finally, naivety lifted !!!!

GiddyUp

Probably the saddest post in this thread

Aouer-United

Pogba is always my favourite player and a very kind person, I don't care what everyone is saying, even off pitches.

It's criminal that he's underappreciated on here, I don't know how you can not appreciate him. I watch many of games with Pogba in, I never get the impression that he was poor defensively in most games, it's just that he can make it look so easy and knew where to win the ball, he is one of best ball winner in the top 5 leagues statically this season before his injuries. Pogba still has a decent defensive contribution, It's same for Matic, they're exactly not a machine who runs over and pressing every person on the ball trying to get the ball back. There were many statements on him being poor defensively, we needed proper monster DM to cover his poor defensive duties which I think is not true. I mean he has played with Matic and Carrick, even with Pirlo and is one of the best players in WC final 2018 without Kante. it's no problem for him but I think he needs to be more disciplined with his dribbling in his own half.

He doesn't have the luxury of not being marked in midfield, he was 7th most fouled in the league last season considering his physical, it took a lot of effort to target him especially for a CM, they knew he is important, they must shut him down to stop us. He's creative, won a lot of points for us, the key in playing out from the back, has one of best long passing in the world and possess greater technical traits combined with his physical that nobody is even closer to him at this level. It will apply same to Bruno if they specifically target Bruno, we'd be playing with 10 men again. The only way to unmark itself by having more quality around a team where opponents cannot mark all of them. Pogba with another creativity midfielder to share creativity and a midfield partner in building out from the back, that's kind of quality Pogba need.

Is Pogba a type of person we want in a team to challenge for the title? Yeah, he is, I mean he won around 20 points (without pens) for us with his contribution last season which is way more valuable.

I can recall many bad games Pogba supposedly had but it'd be a decent game for some player like Mctominay (no offence to Mctominay), that's because we knew about his quality, he could do much more.

Any team would be lucky to have Pogba, where they can appreciate him. For me, I'd want to keep Pogba but I don't care about his lifestyle or his agents because I know he'd always give his effort on pitches.

GiddyUp

It is actually very normal behavior, regardless of someone wanting to leave in the summer. Example, so many NBA players donned Kobe Laker jerseys when he sadly passed. Am sure if one looks, will find players that are looking to move in the summer, maybe even to the Lakers who are a team that could challenge for the title. In those cases, probably every one of them went out and got one specifically to show their support and no one was getting Kobe USA ones, they got Laker ones. It would be really really jaded to think it was anything other than a genuine show of a support in a tragic incident. For Italy it's even worse with so many dying and suffering - it's a real sad state of affairs if you think think Pogba is that despicable a human to try and use that for some kind of statement to get a move.

I really don't get why it's so hard to just take it as face value of him showing support for Matuidi and Italy and leave it at that rather than trying to delve into some deep nefarious psychology behind it.
Did you just compare this to NBA players wearing a legend of the games jersey because him and a few others including his young daughter died in a helicopter accident?
You talk about nefarious psychology after a post like that.
What is it with people defending everything this cheeky fecker does. First we were jealous of his magnificence, then we were racist. Now this.
How about the fact that our opinions are based on a very underwhelming 3 seasons in a shit team that he is the fecking center of. And in those 3 seasons his agent, his brother and quite honestly himself have pissed all over this club while clawing for a way out because he's not winning at football. McSauce, Fred and Bruno have more fecking class and respect for Manchester United than Pogba could dream of. The fact he came through our Academy makes his attitude and disrespect all the more galling. But never mind, I'm probably just jealous, racist or just don't understand the man children of today.

He'sRaldo

Did you just compare this to NBA players wearing a legend of the games jersey because him and a few others including his young daughter died in a helicopter accident?
What is it with people defending everything this cheeky fecker does. First we were jealous of his magnificence, then we were racist. Now this.
How about the fact that our opinions are based on a very underwhelming 3 seasons in a shit team that he is the fecking center of. And in those 3 seasons his agent, his brother and quite honestly himself have pissed all over this club while clawing for a way out because he's not winning at football. McSauce, Fred and Bruno have more fecking class and respect for Manchester United than Pogba could dream of. The fact he came through our Academy makes his attitude and disrespect all the more galling. But never mind, I'm probably just jealous, racist or just don't understand the man children of today.
I think you're getting wound up too easily, by something which really isn't a big deal.

Shimo

It's not about defending what he has done in the past or the future, it's about it's about trying to put some perspective back into people regarding this one specific situation.

By your question you obviously have no clue about the gravity of what is happening in Italy, because as devastating as it was for those that perished along with Kobe and his little girl, situation in Italy is far worse. So yes, I am comparing the support shown for when a tragedy happens, human being show support without having to have ulterior motives behind it. There have been countless people doing little things to try and show support for Italy, some simple as changing their facebook profiles to include Italy flag or post messages of encouragement on various social media posts, you know something nice that decent human beings do.

Think about what you are accusing him of, just how sick it is -that he would use that situation in Italy and a friend afflicted by this virus and then also include a teammate as cover to simply push a move or to antagonize portions of the fan base and disrespect the club. We can disagree on how disrespectful he has acted towards United as a club but, we can certainly agree (hoping at least) that there is nothing in Pogba's history to show that he'd use a country collapsing, people dying and a friend that is sick to try and further his own personal goals in football.

GiddyUp

It's not about defending what he has done in the past or the future, it's about it's about trying to put some perspective back into people regarding this one specific situation.

By your question you obviously have no clue about the gravity of what is happening in Italy, because as devastating as it was for those that perished along with Kobe and his little girl, situation in Italy is far worse. So yes, I am comparing the support shown for when a tragedy happens, human being show support without having to have ulterior motives behind it. There have been countless people doing little things to try and show support for Italy, some simple as changing their facebook profiles to include Italy flag or post messages of encouragement on various social media posts, you know something nice that decent human beings do.

Think about what you are accusing him of, just how sick it is -that he would use that situation in Italy and a friend afflicted by this virus and then also include a teammate as cover to simply push a move or to antagonize portions of the fan base and disrespect the club. We can disagree on how disrespectful he has acted towards United as a club but, we can certainly agree (hoping at least) that there is nothing in Pogba's history to show that he'd use a country collapsing, people dying and a friend that is sick to try and further his own personal goals in football.
Mate if there is one thing I've taken notice of over the last few months is how people do use personal tragedy like what the world is now experiencing to their own gain and advantage.
And please don't presume that other people don't know the gravity of what is happening in Italy or elsewhere. I live in the US and my wife works in healthcare, we are fecking scared right now and the situation in Italy is very possible here the way things are panning out.
Back to Pogba, he seems like a very nice guy but it's extremely naive of you to assume he doesn't have an ulterior motive in his actions, just listen to his agent. This is football, it's very predictable but very insignificant right now, unless you are a whiny scouser. If he stays and puts in these fabulous world class performances people seem to talk about then all is forgiven and the fans will cheer. He would be given so much slack and a solid 3-5 seasons would cement his name with the club.
But in my opinion he will continue to give the club the run around, especially if Ole's job is on the brink and he starts half arseing it. He hasn't faced adversity on a professional football level and the last 2 seasons were a perfect opportunity for him to grow but he was a standout in a shite team with poor coaching. Nothing special, he got in to the team of the season but it seemed more like charity compared to what went on around him.Definitely not all his fault as some assume his detractors here say but he really should have dominated this squad on the field with his talent and flamboyance. He hasn't, I wish he had and hope he still can but with the direction we seem to be headed maybe the club would be better served selling him and getting two solid players in to go straight in or provide quality competition for our starters.
The ball is in the clubs court but the decision is his, we will see where his priorities lie very soon I expect. I think we are all ready to change our minds about Paul but sorry, I don't see him knuckling down for the team without drama.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Well said. It’s crazy that some people are so far gone with their agenda that the miss the reality and gravity of what’s happening in the world currently.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
This has become one of the most ridiculous threads here. Man shows support for friend with virus that is decimating countries across the globe, fans melt down.

Jonno

I'm really impressed by the people getting wound up by Pogba and his wardrobe. I wish I could be wound up by something so insignificant right now.

stepic

In the process he's created a controversy that has detracted from the message he wanted to put across.
this is only controversial to idiots. Everyone else can see it for the act it is, support for Italy in these most difficult times. Pogba’s association to Italy is through Juve, the team he played for. End of story.

it’s insane this thread even exists.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
this is only controversial to idiots. Everyone else can see it for the act it is, support for Italy in these most difficult times. Pogba’s association to Italy is through Juve, the team he played for. End of story.

it’s insane this thread even exists.
Such profound very insight. Much wow!

Shimo

Mate if there is one thing I've taken notice of over the last few months is how people do use personal tragedy like what the world is now experiencing to their own gain and advantage.
And please don't presume that other people don't know the gravity of what is happening in Italy or elsewhere. I live in the US and my wife works in healthcare, we are fecking scared right now and the situation in Italy is very possible here the way things are panning out.
Back to Pogba, he seems like a very nice guy but it's extremely naive of you to assume he doesn't have an ulterior motive in his actions, just listen to his agent. This is football, it's very predictable but very insignificant right now, unless you are a whiny scouser. If he stays and puts in these fabulous world class performances people seem to talk about then all is forgiven and the fans will cheer. He would be given so much slack and a solid 3-5 seasons would cement his name with the club.
But in my opinion he will continue to give the club the run around, especially if Ole's job is on the brink and he starts half arseing it. He hasn't faced adversity on a professional football level and the last 2 seasons were a perfect opportunity for him to grow but he was a standout in a shite team with poor coaching. Nothing special, he got in to the team of the season but it seemed more like charity compared to what went on around him.Definitely not all his fault as some assume his detractors here say but he really should have dominated this squad on the field with his talent and flamboyance. He hasn't, I wish he had and hope he still can but with the direction we seem to be headed maybe the club would be better served selling him and getting two solid players in to go straight in or provide quality competition for our starters.
The ball is in the clubs court but the decision is his, we will see where his priorities lie very soon I expect. I think we are all ready to change our minds about Paul but sorry, I don't see him knuckling down for the team without drama.
I do apologize, I am sure you realize what is going on, my somewhat out of line about you being oblivious comment was just a response to your question if I was comparing Pogba putting on a jersey to show support during a very tragic time to another tragic moment, in my opinion it's an apples to apples comparison of how in sport people show support in a genuine way. Pogba didn't don a jersey then, but paid tribute nonetheless.

As to other part of your post, there is a lot d I agree with.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
I don't think this is a big issue, however I do think Pog is a bit off when it comes to understanding what the fans wants. They want signals on and off the pitch that he loves the club and gives back to them. Pog does not get that imo.

If he weared a Pool shirt though, that would have been a real killer :nervous:

Now, back to corona virus :lol:

And, If two people could give me likes, I would be able to contribute in the Covid thread. Thats really high on my wish list right now but getting those feckin likes is really hard :smirk: fishing fishing...