Pogba Interview

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Pogba believes Matic could be a catalyst for him. “Against West Ham, Matic was starting behind and I could worry more about attacking. I feel good playing that way,” he said.

Inter Yer Nan

I hope this was a dig at Gerrard but not Pogba's style "Can he offer 20 goals from midfield, as the likes of Scholes, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and Yaya Toure have done in the past? Pogba flashes that infectious smile. “If I take penalties!” he says. “Look, it is not about who scores the most goals. You could score 50 goals this season but you might not win anything. What matters is winning the Premier League."

Going to be a big season from Pogba. Last season was harshly judged and the book was written after his first poor game and most folks were brainwashed by the agenda driven media. He played very well once he settled IMO and now with a better supporting act he will really flourish. It's going to be fun seeing it all evolve after a lot of opposition fans have it in their minds that he's not as good as Henderson or whoever else.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I hope this was a dig at Gerrard but not Pogba's style "Can he offer 20 goals from midfield, as the likes of Scholes, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and Yaya Toure have done in the past? Pogba flashes that infectious smile. “If I take penalties!” he says. “Look, it is not about who scores the most goals. You could score 50 goals this season but you might not win anything. What matters is winning the Premier League."

Going to be a big season from Pogba. Last season was harshly judged and the book was written after his first poor game and most folks were brainwashed by the agenda driven media. He played very well once he settled IMO and now with a better supporting act he will really flourish. It's going to be fun seeing it all evolve after a lot of opposition fans have it in their minds that he's not as good as Henderson or whoever else.
Expecting big things from him this season. Hope he scores and creates plenty aplenty this season.

MrPooni

"Can he offer 20 goals from midfield, as the likes of Scholes, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and Yaya Toure have done in the past? Pogba flashes that infectious smile. “If I take penalties!” he says. “Look, it is not about who scores the most goals. You could score 50 goals this season but you might not win anything. What matters is winning the Premier League."
Well in.

mattsville

You could see even in the match against sampdoria the difference Matic made to his game, Matic was pointing him forward as if to say "I have got this", in the game against west ham he looked confident and produced some very silky football and capped it off with a goal, if that dynamic continues we are in for a treat.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Nice to see Pogba has got the monkey off his back after the record setting fee and is focused at the plan at task.

Understands his role and will play within his means. Expecting a great season with the pressure off his shoulders, especially after scoring in the first game.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Pogba believes Matic could be a catalyst for him. “Against West Ham, Matic was starting behind and I could worry more about attacking. I feel good playing that way,” he said.
Glad he feels that way and hope it works. Because he has no excuses left from now on.

Am expecting consistant greatness.

Last edited:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

Nice angle on this from Andy Gray this week. (United discussion starts 2 mins in. Lukaku first, then Matic.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Expecting big things from him this season. Hope he scores and creates plenty aplenty this season.
Unfortunately this is the only thing Pog will be judged on. How many goals and assists does he get. Stats are everything in the current generation, and the players he is compared against all scored plenty from 'midfield' (often second strikers in reality).

Take Spurs for example. There was a lot of media narrative last season that Pogba was nowhere near Dele Alli, but Alli has a considerably lesser influence on the overall game than Pogba. Pogba is more Christian Eriksen for us, not the 20 goal man.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Unfortunately this is the only thing Pog will be judged on. How many goals and assists does he get. Stats are everything in the current generation, and the players he is compared against all scored plenty from 'midfield' (often second strikers in reality).

Take Spurs for example. There was a lot of media narrative last season that Pogba was nowhere near Dele Alli, but Alli has a considerably lesser influence on the overall game than Pogba. Pogba is more Christian Eriksen for us, not the 20 goal man.
I'm confident Pogba will score 15 goals or so this season. Having less defensive duty will make a huge difference. Pogba has good shooting ability, so I see him scoring a good amount of goals due to him playing a more advanced role.

As a footballer Alli isn't even close to the ability Pogba has as far as influencing a game with his passing and creativity. But I'm sure many will disagree and show me stats which put Alli in a good light in that regard.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm confident Pogba will score 15 goals or so this season. Having less defensive duty will make a huge difference. Pogba has good shooting ability, so I see him scoring a good amount of goals due to him playing a more advanced role.

As a footballer Alli isn't even close to the ability Pogba has as far as influencing a game with his passing and creativity. But I'm sure many will disagree and show me stats which put Alli in a good light in that regard.
Pretty much this.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think his target should be 20 goals and assists (not separately) in the league. Preferably 10 of each.

Robertd0803

Always expected him to do better this season than last (and I thought he did pretty well last season), now he has Matic behind him and his role is slightly easier then away we go with more goals, more influence and if everyone else remembers their shooting boots, more goals.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think his target should be 20 goals and assists (not separately) in the league. Preferably 10 of each.
He probably would've got into double figures for assists last season had we a clinical striker. His goal tally could've been higher too, if all his strikes that hit the woodwork went in.

Inter Yer Nan

You nailed it. Then also if the stats are better than they wanted it's twisted another way like "He doesn't show up in big games/flat track bully etc". Bottom line Pogba has a much higher standard to live up to than others but I think that's because the critics know deep down he has a much higher talent level whether they want to admit it or not.

Kita

Look at Pogba when Marchisiowas out and he was forced to drop back more. Juve struggled and he was no where near as effective. Him having that man behind him protecting the defense puts less stress on him to focus on getting back and worrying about how far up he really is. He can now freely get up and make plays. I expect a massive season from him.