Pogba

Corridor of Uncertainty

He'd fit in quite well in Rangnick's 4222 - LM/LAM.

If United play well and get the results over the next 2-3 months, Pogba will sign a contract. No one else too keen on him - Madrid off the cards, Juve are in the mud - and PSG I don't think he wants to join them.
If clubs don't have a to pay a transfer fee, he'll have no shortage of clubs. Granted they'll have to pay a big signing on fee instead, but it'll be nothing compared to a transfer fee. My guess will be PSG, they seem to have a bit of a fetish for players who run down their contracts.

Brophs

The One and Only
We’d want our heads examining if we give him a massive contract as one of the best paid players. How many years of pissing underperformance do we need to tolerate before we accept that this hasn’t worked and we need to replace him with a more effective, if not better player.

But obviously we’ll give him the contract and be regretting it within the month.

AaronRedDevil

I just know this club is stupid enough to give him crazy amount of money that he's not worth. If they are smart, give him a cheap 20-30m release clause so that the club can make some money back if he wants leave.

RUCK4444

If United play well and get the results over the next 2-3 months, Pogba will sign a contract. No one else too keen on him - Madrid off the cards, Juve are in the mud - and PSG I don't think he wants to join them.
On the bolded I agree. He also presses more than anybody in the squad except Fred.

I'd love to see him in a functioning high pressing starting 11. He could be devastatingly good in that LAM position especially imo.

Yakuza_devils

I agree and hope that Rangnick is the manager finally know how to use him.

Having said that I have no issue for him to leave. The last few years he and his agent are pain in the ass. We also need to make him one of the highest paid player in the world. Perhaps, we can get someone younger, better, cheaper and also without a cnut agent like Raiola.

DutchCruijff

If clubs don't have a to pay a transfer fee, he'll have no shortage of clubs. Granted they'll have to pay a big signing on fee instead, but it'll be nothing compared to a transfer fee. My guess will be PSG, they seem to have a bit of a fetish for players who run down their contracts.
He has expectations - a fat signing on fee + a fat contract + some level of success/exposure.

Who is going to offer that? Only PSG.

KingCavani

If we give him a new contract I will rage.

The man has been agitating for a move since Mourinho's second season when his scumbag agent was offering him up to Man City. He's done nothing but undermine the managers and disrespect the club since. Every international break he gets he's swooning over Paris, Turin or Madrid.

I was done with this guy after the first game of the 18/19 season. Jose gave him the captaincy and praised him to the heavens in a clear effort to appease him and end any rift there may have been. A day later he's saying 'there are things I cannot say or I will get fined' like he's some kind of hostage. That was after a crucial win where the club finally had a positive turn after all the negativity entering the season. Our captain. He's just a complete disgrace and I can't wait to see the back of him. He's got the talent but has never been able to sustain any sort of good form and has certainly done nothing to justify his ridiculous flirtations with every club on the continent. There's a reason Mourinho's comments on him after the world cup bothered him so much - They're completely true. He's as complacent as any player I've seen.

Bestie07

Players move clubs all the time without resorting to behaving the way Pogba's family and his agent have behaved over the years. It is inexcusable really.

Several issues with him:

1. His agent and his family constantly blabbering to the media and flirting with the other clubs on his behalf.

2. We haven't found a way to utilise him properly

3. His fitness is becoming more and more of an issue.

Time to cut our losses and let him go I feel. If he succeeds elsewhere than so be it.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Madrid need to replace Kroos/Modric so Pogba for free is ideal replacement. I think he is nailed to go there.
Also; this is his last long term contract so i don't think that he would refuse PSG. Trophies, money, home country.....ticks all boxes

ForeverRed1

Would be interesting to see him in ralfs system with his coaching.. although i don’t particularly want him to stay.. not with his agent and for the money he will cost...

redshaw

Is he injured?

I'd like to see him under new management, I feel a year extension would be okay on current wages. United should not get involved in 400k or whatever, if someone else wants to pay that then be my guest.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I actually think he’d be a lot better as 10 in this setup than any other he’s been played in. He’s got to show he’s able to stay fit and actually be a leading player for us when he gets fit again right until the final game of the season. Then you offer him a slight raise as a take it or leave it. That’s how a good football club is run. Everybody should be happy with the deal and not just protecting some intangible notion of value.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I can't see Ralf wanting him around.

We all know he's very talented on his day but he doesn't really have that 'mentality' thing Ralf keep talking about. He just wants to be the luxury player and that wouldn't wash now even if he were consistent enough.

romufc

I actually think he’d be a lot better as 10 in this setup than any other he’s been played in. He’s got to show he’s able to stay fit and actually be a leading player for us when he gets fit again right until the final game of the season. Then you offer him a slight raise as a take it or leave it. That’s how a good football club is run.
The biggest problem now with Pogba is, he wants to be the highest paid player. I dont think he is that level.

If he stays with a small raise then he can be used in this system, otherwise he can walk.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Pogba has played under Mourinho and Ole who aren’t progressive managers.

Lets see how he does under Rangnick. Then we can decide whether to keep him or let him go.

Apparently Madrid dont want him anymore. It will be interesting who is ready to pay him wages that he is looking for

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Lets see how he does under Rangnick. Then we can decide whether to keep him or let him go.

Apparently Madrid dont want him anymore. It will be interesting who is ready to pay him wages that he is looking for
Here we fecking go again. More excuses for him.

Dante

Average bang
Any time the wind changes direction, you can always rely on somebody to say that this is the perfect opportunity to get Pogba playing to his potential.

But it's been too many false dawns in the last 5 1/2 seasons. The problem isn't everything around him. The problem is him.

We've paid Pogba around £83m worth of wages since he got here. A superstar salary for journeyman performances. And around £27m of that was for periods when he was out injured. Then add on the world record £90m transfer fee and you've got arguably the worst signing in United's history.

Doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result each time. If Einstein had been alive today, that's how he'd have defined 'Pogba fanboy'.

pratyush_utd

Here we fecking go again. More excuses for him.
Excuses? Mourinho and Ole aren’t progressive manager, which this forum has been crying out for years now.

I want to see how every player responds to this new style of play and then take a decision. Dont like Scott as a player as well but i have the same opinion for him. This maybe difficult for some because some have personal issue with the player.

We have offered him a contract and if he accepts then its fine. But wont want him to be paid more than what we have offered because knowing us, it must be insane offer. So i said it will be interesting who eventually pay what he wants or he accepts our contract offer.

Noc-Z

ffs
I really hope Pogba leaves. I only see him as a drain on the club. He has never demonstrated the motivation or commitment I expect. On the pitch he is cumbersome, slow and lethargic...whenever I imagine Pogba on the ball...he's holding off, or tangled up with another player, or falling down or involved in a foul...because he is clumsy and doesn't move the ball on quickly enough. To me he is an awful Premier League player. I don't car about his value, his wages or how he performs with France. Maybe he can perform better in Italy but I don't see a Premier League player. He's not exactly the first player that springs to mind when you imagine Rangnick's philosophy is he?

RUCK4444

I love how people ‘want rid’ asap but are happy to trudge along making excuses for players like Scott, Matic, Jones, Lingard, Martial.

Meanwhile he’s probably still the player with most assists this season so far and he’s been injured for half of it.

I could accept it if the same posters ‘wanted rid ASAP’ of the other players who offer even less than him. To me it’s largely agenda driven.

Makes perfect sense that some are at least interested to see what a new manager would make of him and how he might get the best of him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Excuses? Mourinho and Ole aren’t progressive manager, which this forum has been crying out for years now.

I want to see how every player responds to this new style of play and then take a decision. Dont like Scott as a player as well but i have the same opinion for him. This maybe difficult for some because some have personal issue with the player.

We have offered him a contract and if he accepts then its fine. But wont want him to be paid more than what we have offered because knowing us, it must be insane offer. So i said it will be interesting who eventually pay what he wants or he accepts our contract offer.
Allegri isnt progressive either. From the standards people set of him, Pogba is sub par and was never world class, its just that simple. Sick and tired to see one excuse after another - oh its Mourinho, now its the colleagues, now its his position, now its injuries and now its Ole.

fecksake hes just not that good. If he was as good as people love to proclaim hed be consistent. But hes not and never has been.

NotQuiteManc

It has only been one game obviously, but just like how most saw Fred and Dalot (who honestly most already given up on him including me) playing on of their better games under RR and others improve in some ways, we should give Pogba the benefit of the doubt as well. Give the team at least a few months to see if all of these new implementations would work in the long run. One thing I agree though, he shouldn't be awarded as one of the highest paid players.

peridigm

My guess is no one. Barca have no money. RM may have learned from the their mistakes with Bale. PSG or perhaps New Castle but lets face it, he won't be going to New Castle. He will need to lower his wage requirements or accept the offer United put on the table. We should rescind that offer if it's way out of line with the rest of the squad.

Eli Zee

If we give him a new contract I will rage.

The man has been agitating for a move since Mourinho's second season when his scumbag agent was offering him up to Man City. He's done nothing but undermine the managers and disrespect the club since. Every international break he gets he's swooning over Paris, Turin or Madrid.

I was done with this guy after the first game of the 18/19 season. Jose gave him the captaincy and praised him to the heavens in a clear effort to appease him and end any rift there may have been. A day later he's saying 'there are things I cannot say or I will get fined' like he's some kind of hostage. That was after a crucial win where the club finally had a positive turn after all the negativity entering the season. Our captain. He's just a complete disgrace and I can't wait to see the back of him. He's got the talent but has never been able to sustain any sort of good form and has certainly done nothing to justify his ridiculous flirtations with every club on the continent. There's a reason Mourinho's comments on him after the world cup bothered him so much - They're completely true. He's as complacent as any player I've seen.
Same here, unless it is absolutely only after Pogba shows he fits RR's system and can play a massive role in helping us win domestic and European titles again. Too much shit performances w/ high paying wages from Pogba for too many years have led to me to believe his commercial value is the reason for his price/wages rather than any type of performance based payments. We need to stop paying underperformers so much

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I actually think he’d be a lot better as 10 in this setup than any other he’s been played in. He’s got to show he’s able to stay fit and actually be a leading player for us when he gets fit again right until the final game of the season. Then you offer him a slight raise as a take it or leave it. That’s how a good football club is run. Everybody should be happy with the deal and not just protecting some intangible notion of value.
He deserves a pay cut if anything. Overpaying players isn't how a good football club is ran.

Frank White

I love how people ‘want rid’ asap but are happy to trudge along making excuses for players like Scott, Matic, Jones, Lingard, Martial.

Meanwhile he’s probably still the player with most assists this season so far and he’s been injured for half of it.

I could accept it if the same posters ‘wanted rid ASAP’ of the other players who offer even less than him. To me it’s largely agenda driven.

Makes perfect sense that some are at least interested to see what a new manager would make of him and how he might get the best of him.
That's just not true though is it? Especially for that selection of players, I mean ffs you listed Phil Jones :lol: pretty confident nobody is making threads talking about we need to give Jones a chance. As for the rest I would suggest you go read their performance threads 99% of Mctomminay thread is he's terrible and want him gone, same for Tony apart from a few Martial FC loyalist.

Does make sense for people to want to at least see him under a new manager but at the same time you can see why people could be against it too, he's more than likely gone in the summer so why waste a spot on player that's not going to be here after this season?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
this will be the biggest test of the amount of sway RR actually has now. Pogba will have been out for the whole beginning of his (hopefully very successful) tenure and is going to be coming back in looking for wages that are miles above his station really. I’m sure if RR has a say in the future direction/ financial well-being of the club he’ll see we can get 2 or 3 players for the same wage as Pogba is demanding and will cut him loose. Pogba has backed himself into a corner here. His performances/role in the squad and wage demands just don’t stack up. Even his biggest fans can see that at this point.

If the club insist on keeping him regardless of RR’s advice then what’s the point of having a manager or a dof at all? These are the kinds of decisions we’ve bottled repeatedly post Fergie. Pogbas current options are take a step back and go play in the French league for big money or stay here and fight to prove people wrong over a few more seasons on our terms. Take it or leave it. The fact he’d probably choose PSG at this point says more about him than us. We don’t need that kind uncertainty anymore. If you’re not 100% then go. We also need to stop getting ripped off and protecting the value of players that better run clubs than us, clubs we are trying to catch up to, wouldn’t bother going near.

If any of you want to take my money I’d be willing to bet 50 quid he doesn’t get his move to Real. They might seem stupid but they’ve been burned recently by mercenary players and they have to be smart in their rebuild. If they couldn’t afford to keep Varane over a few k a week I seriously doubt they are going to sign Pogba up for any more than he’s currently on here. Even on a free.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
As much as I get pissed off with Pogba -

I can't wait for him to get going at LAM with Bruno at RAM.

Let Sancho rotate on either place depending who form is the lowest/pressing least.

RedDevil@84

Some of his fanboys who keep throwing the agenda excuse are talking as if he has years left on his contract. Him staying here and flourishing in Rangnick's philosophy, is dependent on him signing an extension, which means giving him more than 350 - 375k, at least.

city-puma

Ralf clearly indicated that he will only sign the players in the first or second contract. Also, considering the lengthy stalemate of Pogba’s contract extension saga, we will definitely not give out a massive contract to Pogba no matter what.

RUCK4444

That's just not true though is it? Especially for that selection of players, I mean ffs you listed Phil Jones :lol: pretty confident nobody is making threads talking about we need to give Jones a chance. As for the rest I would suggest you go read their performance threads 99% of Mctomminay thread is he's terrible and want him gone, same for Tony apart from a few Martial FC loyalist.

Does make sense for people to want to at least see him under a new manager but at the same time you can see why people could be against it too, he's more than likely gone in the summer so why waste a spot on player that's not going to be here after this season?
On the contrary, Phil is protected like the Panda's. He's been 'close to return' for probably 6 months now and lots of people think it was the right thing to do to renew his contract at the time, trust me I was temp banned for arguing the opposite!

On the whole, what I mean is that people are far more aggressively opinionated on Pogba compared to those other players. I think that's fairly obvious if you step back and asses what you read in the threads.

You don't see posts in other player threads that you see here. Ya know the typical 'get rid' and my favourite 'can't wait for the circus to end.' Then you have tonnes of quotes making out he doesn't care or doesn't put the effort in when the stats show the opposite entirely and to be frank even in seasons when he's injured or out of form he embarrasses the rest of the midfield we have.

The contrast in tone of the posts just demonstrates their personal dislike of the player imo.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I wouldn't extend his bus pass. shows no interest, in my eyes, to be being at the club and too often I don't know if he's on the field or not. Don't tell me there aren't better midfielders around

DutchCruijff

Madrid need to replace Kroos/Modric so Pogba for free is ideal replacement. I think he is nailed to go there.
Also; this is his last long term contract so i don't think that he would refuse PSG. Trophies, money, home country.....ticks all boxes
They have Valverde, Camavinga and Blanco.

And Kroos + Modric will go on another 2 years too, Kroos to go on longer.

Tier 1 sources from Madrid have said they're not interested.

pratyush_utd

Some of his fanboys who keep throwing the agenda excuse are talking as if he has years left on his contract. Him staying here and flourishing in Rangnick's philosophy, is dependent on him signing an extension, which means giving him more than 350 - 375k, at least.
I guess agenda goes both ways. People are enraged that we even offered him a contract.

Personally i want see to him play under new management ( and under someone who has a clue on how to set up). If he has signed by then, its fine, but by feb if he hasnt ( would have been earlier but he is injured) then we should stop negotiating and focus on what we have.