Pogba

nainaisson

He wants parity with De Gea, no doubt, which isn't worth it given his injury record and inconsistent performances. Get rid.

Also, he consistently undermines the manager and embarrasses the club whenever he isn't treated like God's gift to football. I'm beyond sick of the way he uses Raiola to bash us in the media. Offering him a new contract sends the message to the rest of the squad that there are no consequences for this type of behaviour.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He wants parity with De Gea, no doubt, which isn't worth it given his injury record and inconsistent performances. Get rid.

Also, he consistently undermines the manager and embarrasses the club whenever he isn't treated like God's gift to football. I'm beyond sick of the way he uses Raiola to bash us in the media. Offering him a new contract sends the message to the rest of the squad that there are no consequences for this type of behaviour.
This. Totally agree. Ole should have sent him to the reserves when he said he wanted to leave. Basically made Ole look weak.

I think we should let him go. Better off without the theatrics and drama.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I really want him and his baggage gone. He thinks he's bigger than the club, he has disrespected us numerous times and does not perform well enough, even at his best, to justify 4/500k salary. That's ignoring his injury record and inconsistencies. We can do so much better getting rid of the squad imbalances and reshaping the team properly.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Some of his fanboys who keep throwing the agenda excuse are talking as if he has years left on his contract. Him staying here and flourishing in Rangnick's philosophy, is dependent on him signing an extension, which means giving him more than 350 - 375k, at least.
You can be "fanboy" or "hater" but Pogba IS top quality player. We need him to stay. If that means 375k contract then i am fine with that.

Frank White

On the contrary, Phil is protected like the Panda's. He's been 'close to return' for probably 6 months now and lots of people think it was the right thing to do to renew his contract at the time, trust me I was temp banned for arguing the opposite!

On the whole, what I mean is that people are far more aggressively opinionated on Pogba compared to those other players. I think that's fairly obvious if you step back and asses what you read in the threads.

You don't see posts in other player threads that you see here. Ya know the typical 'get rid' and my favourite 'can't wait for the circus to end.' Then you have tonnes of quotes making out he doesn't care or doesn't put the effort in when the stats show the opposite entirely and to be frank even in seasons when he's injured or out of form he embarrasses the rest of the midfield we have.

The contrast in tone of the posts just demonstrates their personal dislike of the player imo.
If that's true then that's hilarious. No sane person has ever said "jeez I know what this United team is missing, some Phil Jones"

As for the rest I guess you see what you want to see because Mctomminay gets "get rid" literally multiple times a game, every week without fail. And Martial gets the same treatment even when he doesn't play.

romufc

When DDG got his contract, I thought wow, that is alot.

He then went onto having poor seasons, almost dislodged by Henderson.

Now, this season, we have seen a better DDG, with some amazing saves.

However; during the whole time, the one thing I credit DDG is he has respected the club and fans.

Belisarius

You can be "fanboy" or "hater" but Pogba IS top quality player. We need him to stay. If that means 375k contract then i am fine with that.
I don't hate Pogba. But, giving him a contract of that size would be a bad idea. If we could get him to sign in the range of 200 to 250 per week it might be worth while as we could sell him if he continued to be inconsistent on the field and a distraction off of it. But, at 375k / week we would have great difficulty selling him. That size of contract would resemble those of Sanchez, Rooney's final contract and even De Gea's current contract as something we would soon come to regret.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
On the contrary, Phil is protected like the Panda's. He's been 'close to return' for probably 6 months now and lots of people think it was the right thing to do to renew his contract at the time, trust me I was temp banned for arguing the opposite!

On the whole, what I mean is that people are far more aggressively opinionated on Pogba compared to those other players. I think that's fairly obvious if you step back and asses what you read in the threads.

You don't see posts in other player threads that you see here. Ya know the typical 'get rid' and my favourite 'can't wait for the circus to end.' Then you have tonnes of quotes making out he doesn't care or doesn't put the effort in when the stats show the opposite entirely and to be frank even in seasons when he's injured or out of form he embarrasses the rest of the midfield we have.

The contrast in tone of the posts just demonstrates their personal dislike of the player imo.
You were temp ban for a post full of expletives, in response to posts telling you that calling him a disgrace wasn't a thing to do.

RUCK4444

If that's true then that's hilarious. No sane person has ever said "jeez I know what this United team is missing, some Phil Jones"

As for the rest I guess you see what you want to see because Mctomminay gets "get rid" literally multiple times a game, every week without fail. And Martial gets the same treatment even when he doesn't play.
Yup, I did call him something, was a tad harsh. But… Meanwhile Pogba has more assists than anybody in the team and he’s been injured for most of the season and his thread is filled with people who cannot wait to see the back of him - that my friend is my point in a nutshell.

On the bolded I guess you mean the match day thread mainly which if we use that as a barometer means we would have to sell our entire squad and management after every goal we concede.
Scott by comparison to Pogba is… no comparison in this regard, just look at this thread.

Martial deserves every one of those negative comments yet still there are many who want to see him start ahead of Rashford for example.

Plus it’s been this way with Pogba for years which is also part of my point even if the likes of Scott are starting to get a pinch of the same treatment.

AR87

You'd not be paying Pogba for what he's done, but the mythical allure of what his unrealized potential should be worth. The overall quality of his performances, particularly in 2021 are not deserving of the type of wages he's after. Let's also not gloss over his increasingly problematic injury history.

RUCK4444

You were temp ban for a post full of expletives, in response to posts telling you that calling him a disgrace wasn't a thing to do.
Those expletives were appropriately adjusted for safe viewing Rouve.

Still waiting on him being available to start. Do you have an update for me?

JPRouve

Scout
Those expletives were appropriately adjusted for safe viewing Rouve.

Still waiting on him being available to start. Do you have an update for me?
I don't have an update but don't tell people that a mod sanctioned you for something else than the actual reason.

greendevil

Let him go! lads a waster, could be the best player in the world and has all the attributes except mentality and don't show/refer to his French pep talk because time and time again he's failed to show any consistency in his performances for United since returning. One good game every six or so and injured every season. People saying to give him a new contract need their heads testing! been a problem for all the managers he has played under at United at some stage or another and hides behind that slob Raiola. Best for him and us if he leaves.

youmeletsfly

I'm not defending the guy, brilliant player at times but way too inconsistent. But hey, saying you want to leave is undermining your manager? What are you on about?
So if you work for IBM and happen to also be, let's say a streamer, you can't let the world know you want to move to HP or any other company?

Why in the feck people like you turn every little fecking shit and stone about football players and make it sound so god damn important like they're some sort of a special kind of people and football clubs are some sort of special kind of businesses?

One employee saying he wants to leave is not disrespectful for your company and it will never be. It's a god damn job ffs, the guy can do whatever the feck he wants.

Also, him and his agent shit talking in the press is a negotiation tactic, they're either negotiating to leave or to stay, I don't get the whole fuss about it.

You should be concerned about his performances on the pitch.

SungSam7

Let him go! lads a waster, could be the best player in the world and has all the attributes except mentality and don't show/refer to his French pep talk because time and time again he's failed to show any consistency in his performances for United since returning. One good game every six or so and injured every season. People saying to give him a new contract need their heads testing! been a problem for all the managers he has played under at United at some stage or another and hides behind that slob Raiola. Best for him and us if he leaves.
Exact same thing I say! He is nowhere to be seen when the going gets tough!

As bad as Fred can be, he would be in my line up every week over Pogba, lets hope OGS was a bad fit for Fred at the end of the day. We can just look back at Pogba for being a waste of space.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I "love" myths. There are so many of them on this forum.
"Pogba doesn't care". Based on what? Because he doesn't dive in silly tackles? Because he doesn't kick bottle or something when we lose? Because he tries to do tricks during game?
Please tell me how exactly Pogba "doesn't care"?

Last edited:

RUCK4444

I don't have an update but don't tell people that a mod sanctioned you for something else than the actual reason.
God your still harbouring resentment over my ligue 1 comments aren't you. Let it go Rouve, I apologised already.

And for the record I wasn't told the specific reason for the ban. Nobody actually said it was for anything other than my initial post claiming it was a 'disgrace.' But I'm sure you were lobbying for it either way ;), the mere fact you remember the exact exchange it is a tad worrying though bud...

RedDevil@84

Fine. I would disagree. He is not consistent enough to get that kind of money. He may still top the charts at United because of lower quality competition, but that's about it.

RUCK4444

I "love" myths. There are so many of them on this forum.
"Pogba don't care". Based on what? Because he doesn't dive in silly tackles? Because he doesn't kick bottle or something when we lose? Because he tries to do tricks during game?
Please tell me how exactly Pogba "doesn't care"?
Prime example of what I'm getting at. Because... Raiola, haircuts and stuff though, oh and VDB needs his minutes.

JPRouve

Scout
God your still harbouring resentment over my ligue 1 comments aren't you. Let it go Rouve, I apologised already.

And for the record I wasn't told the specific reason for the ban. Nobody actually said it was for anything other than my initial post claiming it was a 'disgrace.' But I'm sure you were lobbying for it either way ;), the mere fact you remember the exact exchange it is a tad worrying though bud...
You somehow cared a lot more about that conversation than I do. You mentioned it several times for no good reason. :lol:

RUCK4444

You somehow cared a lot more about that conversation than I do. You mentioned it several times for no good reason. :lol:
Nope, the guy I was responding to thought it was literally funny that I claimed that many still support Jones being here, so I brought up that time where lots of people shouted at me when I called it like I saw it previously. :(

So, after our trip down memory lane, on topic, what's your thoughts on Pogba under Ralf?

JPRouve

Scout
Nope, the guy I was responding to thought it was literally funny that I claimed that many still support Jones being here, so I brought up that time where lots of people shouted at me when I called it like I saw it previously. :(

So, after our trip down memory lane, on topic, what's your thoughts on Pogba under Ralf?
Within Rangnick system he could have a similar role to the one Deschamps expects. Basic midfielder defensive job and the first player to find when there is a transition from defense to attack.

Djemba-Djemba

I want him gone.

He's injury prone and is only going to get worse with that as he gets older.

He's not worth the money he'll want.

r1z3mu

I hope he is gone. He can take his rat agent and go xxx himself. And please do not tell me that Pogba is not responsible for agent' behavior (don't be naive).

JPRouve

Scout
I want him gone.

He's injury prone and is only going to get worse with that as he gets older.

He's not worth the money he'll want.
I don't like the combination of age, price and injuries. But we have to question the competency of our staff and whether someone like Rangnick can change things because it's not normal that so many of our players get injured often and then struggle to comeback, it has happened to too many players since 2016.

Mainoldo

Anyway want to make the usual silly bet with me than when he’s back he will again be our best player? Like he was last season just before injury and coming back against AC or the year before then when he came back and got us top 4.

But yet every season we re-write history and say he’s done nothing.

RUCK4444

Within Rangnick system he could have a similar role to the one Deschamps expects. Basic midfielder defensive job and the first player to find when there is a transition from defense to attack.
Do you think that would work without an upgraded DM to partner him with at the base of midfield? Would Rangnick's system and organisation help avoid the issues we've had fielding him there without said player needing to be brought in?

I'd like to see him there, at the base of midfield, but think we still need to upgrade whoever we partner him with. Do you not fancy him in the LAM position? I think the latter could suit him as well.

IMO Ralf may be inclined to keep him, I'm not saying we should make him the best paid player here, just think he would fit better than he has previously for us in this new formation.

Zlatattack

if we're moving to a style of football which requires players to concentrate, press, defend and attack, then he needs to prove he can do that. We don't need his talent, we need his performances. If we need to adapt our plan to fit in Pogba then we need to part ways with Pogba. Lets see how he goes in the next few months.

city-puma

Tbh, he will be a great option to play as one of the dual-No.10. It’s his final contract and he will definitely want to get as much as possible and that’s understandable, but the reality is clear that he is not the absolute necessity because the team requires the whole squad to play in high intensity. I hope he can finish his career as well as he can, but I am very frustrated for all the dramas he created. However, I don’t doubt his attitude on the pitch, and he did try to give his all but just can’t produce what we expect for whatever reason (many due to his own limitations).

SAFMUTD

His lastest injury record is a big concern, it will only get worse with age, combined with the fact that he's asking for a huge contract and he goes hot and cold way to easily I think the best is to let him go.

It'll be interesting to see if/how Rangnick will align him though.

JPRouve

Scout
Do you think that would work without an upgraded DM to partner him with at the base of midfield? Would Rangnick's system and organisation help avoid the issues we've had fielding him there without said player needing to be brought in?

I'd like to see him there, at the base of midfield, but think we still need to upgrade whoever we partner him with. Do you not fancy him in the LAM position? I think the latter could suit him as well.

IMO Ralf may be inclined to keep him, I'm not saying we should make him the best paid player here, just think he would fit better than he has previously for us in this new formation.
We haven't had issues that are specific to Pogba, those issues apply to all our midfielders, the middle of the field has been open with and without McFred. Also a thing that doesn't suit Pogba much is when he has to wait for teammates to run forward and give him options, in Rangnick system everyone is supposed to provide options and reach the opposing box as fast as possible. And Pogba has played a similar role as LAM for Juventus he was pretty good if I remember correctly but in general I don't like when Pogba has to receive the ball in crowded area, he isn't agile and fast enough to create space and can be easily trapped. I like him when he is facing the oppostion goal and can use his passing range quickly.

RUCK4444

We haven't had issues that are specific to Pogba, those issues apply to all our midfielders, the middle of the field has been open with and without McFred. Also a thing that doesn't suit Pogba much is when he has to wait for teammates to run forward and give him options, in Rangnick system everyone is supposed to provide options and reach the opposing box as fast as possible. And Pogba has played a similar role as LAM for Juventus he was pretty good if I remember correctly but in general I don't like when Pogba has to receive the ball in crowded area, he isn't agile and fast enough to create space and can be easily trapped. I like him when he is facing the oppostion goal and can use his passing range quickly.
Yeah largely agree, which is why I still prefer him at the base of midfield starting attacks as one of the main players in the transition. So you don't think we would need an improved (defensively minded) partner for him though?

Hard to tell until we see the improvement under RR but my gut tells me we would still need to partner him with a better level defensive midfielder.

Would be good to hear Ralf's thought's on Paul, he hasn't really been asked about him as yet. Frustrating in a way that he won't see him in training to help him form his opinion either way (I'm not sure when he's due back?) which might help expedite him leaving the club.

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah largely agree, which is why I still prefer him at the base of midfield starting attacks as one of the main players in the transition. So you don't think we would need an improved (defensively minded) partner for him though?

Hard to tell until we see the improvement under RR but my gut tells me we would still need to partner him with a better level defensive midfielder.

Would be good to hear Ralf's thought's on Paul, he hasn't really been asked about him as yet. Frustrating in a way that he won't see him in training to help him form his opinion either way (I'm not sure when he's due back?) which might help expedite him leaving the club.
We need to improve our midfield options but it's not specifically for Pogba, defensively statiscally the difference between Pogba and McTominay isn't that big, they are in the same ballpark despite the fact that McTominay is supposed to be significantly more involved defensively. It's one of those things that I find surprising people seem to not talk enough about the fact that Pogba and McTominay are defensively fairly similar.

Smores

Anyway want to make the usual silly bet with me than when he’s back he will again be our best player? Like he was last season just before injury and coming back against AC or the year before then when he came back and got us top 4.

But yet every season we re-write history and say he’s done nothing.
When that's your view of events then i doubt anyone is going to take you up on it. A few good games a season and he's apparently our saviour.

He's had as many bad games as good across the prior two seasons. To claim he got us top 4 is astounding logic.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Yeah, it's time to part ways with Pogba now. He's offered up far too many below-average performances to be asking for such a huge contract. He simply isn't that good.