Pogba

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Has he done enough for Real or PSG to want him, would he even get in PSG’s team? And if so why hasn’t there been talks, he’s free to sign.
I think they haven’t come in and now he’s shocked and left with us or less wages.
Because players are generally respectful to the current club . Has Mbappe signed with Real yet ?

We don't know if there has been any general talks. Given it's Mino, they would have agreed the contract long back and just waiting for summer to announce it.

Tyrion

Is there actually any other takers for him? I’m hearing a lot of noise about Rudiger, nothing about Pogba. Get the feeling he’ll sign for us at the last minute as no one else wants him on his current salary.
Which should tell us everything we need to know.

Steve 007

Because players are generally respectful to the current club . Has Mbappe signed with Real yet ?

We don't know if there has been any general talks. Given it's Mino, they would have agreed the contract long back and just waiting for summer to announce it.
The difference is that there’s a lot of noise, we all know Mbappe wants Madrid and vice versa. Where’s the Pogba noise? A few articles here and there and nothing much else. Where’s the big mouth agent? The same agent who’s already marched Haaland to meetings all over Europe?

Caesar2290

Is there actually any other takers for him? I’m hearing a lot of noise about Rudiger, nothing about Pogba. Get the feeling he’ll sign for us at the last minute as no one else wants him on his current salary.
If our corporate overlords had any sense they would cut his contract in half simply by that logic. Supply and demand after all.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
The difference is that there’s a lot of noise, we all know Mbappe wants Madrid and vice versa. Where’s the Pogba noise? A few articles here and there and nothing much else. Where’s the big mouth agent? The same agent who’s already marched Haaland to meetings all over Europe?
It's true, the big foreign clubs tend to publicly announce their intentions to players, yet haveñt really heard a peep from anyone. My money is now on him getting that highest paid player status here instead, which would be quite ridiculous.

Steve 007

If our corporate overlords had any sense they would cut his contract in half simply by that logic. Supply and demand after all.
Totally true, how much could a peak Ronaldo command? He’s on less here than he was on at Juventus.
We should pay Pogba £160k and the rest on very generous bonuses, find out how good he actually is.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If we are losing Pogba to PSG on a free then why aren’t we in for Mbappe? I would give him the Ronaldo treatment and see if he flinches. Maybe Madrid still can’t afford to keep up? The only thing is I’m assuming, I’ve no idea really what he’s on, that’s he already on mega money and would be looking for Greizmann type money? Still would be an excellent deal on a free.

Caesar2290

If we are losing Pogba to PSG on a free then why aren’t we in for Mbappe? I would give him the Ronaldo treatment and see if he flinches. Maybe Madrid still can’t afford to keep up? The only thing is I’m assuming, I’ve no idea really what he’s on, that’s he already on mega money and would be looking for Greizmann type money? Still would be an excellent deal on a free.
Because he is already with both his feet in Madrid?

Caesar2290

If we are prepared to pay Pogba 500k why not offer Mbappe 600k? All he can do is say no
I don't think it's a question of money. He would have resigned with PSG otherwise. The man just has his sights on Madrid.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Totally true, how much could a peak Ronaldo command? He’s on less here than he was on at Juventus.
We should pay Pogba £160k and the rest on very generous bonuses, find out how good he actually is.
Because in real world no one negotiate like this especially when Pogba can leave for free at the end of the season. There is no noise from Pogba's camp mean his agent already had it sort out already perhaps? This is Pogba's last big contract.

Steve 007

I’m hoping he’s had his last big contract. Someone else can pay him to sit on the bench or in the physio room.

Pintu

Ronaldo is 36 years old. He had 1 year left on his contract with Juventus and he was not offered to extend that partnership. If he'd stayed there he could have found himself without a club, 6 months before the 2022 WC.
Instead of that, we offered him a 2(+1) years deal, potentially keeping him relevant in top football until the 2024 Euros. It is a no-brainer.

And on top of that, he was granted a signing bonus that kept his income for the 21/22 season on par with what he was going to make in Italy. So the wage cut is just a myth.

Pogba is only 28, he's not going to take a wage cut, not here and not anywhere else. Real Madrid is interested in him. People at Juventus do love him. Paris would be more than happy to bring in one of France's WC heroes.

C'est Moi Cantona

Mad really, we could have Pogba, Martial, and DVB, all leave in the next few months, players that cost us well over £150 million combined, all at or near prime age, and fully capable of making a big impact whereever they go, yet we'll be lucky to get £30 million in fees, and will likely end up paying part of ones wages for a season or two. And no doubt people will be celebrating them going aswell.

I hope we have deep pockets this summer.

Last edited:

Steve 007

Mad really, we could have Pogba, Martial, and DVB, all leave in the next few months, players that cost us well over £150 million combined, all at or near prime age, and fully capable of making a big impact whereever they go, yet we'll be lucky to get £30 million in fees, and will likely end up paying part of ones wages for a season or two. And no doubt people will be celebrating them going aswell.

I think we can recoup 30m each for VDB and Martial, Newcastle just paid 25m for a striker with 3 goals. I still think that VDB hasn’t had a chance but if I was him I’d go. We should try to get some a Lingard money too, even 10m would help.

Pintu

I think we can recoup 30m each for VDB and Martial, Newcastle just paid 25m for a striker with 3 goals. I still think that VDB hasn’t had a chance but if I was him I’d go. We should try to get some a Lingard money too, even 10m would help.
We had to pay Sanchez £7 M to make him accept the free transfer to Inter.

Players on higher wages than their level warrant are usually unsellable. And this Covid crisis makes it even worse.

Rocknrolla69er

Ed Woodward deserves 20 years in prison, absolutely destroyed this club.

Recruitment and contracts have been crimes against United.

Alot for ragnick and murtogh to sort.

Start by moving on the highly paid egos.

C'est Moi Cantona

Lingard will go on a free that much is pretty certain now, the only way Pogba doesn't is if signs a contract that makes him the best paid player in the premiership, which would make me feel sick tbh, I'd rather we just let him go at this point.

I think with Martial the idea of the loan is to put him in the shop window, but other clubs aren't stupid and so I can't see anyone giving us £30 million for him and paying him what we do, so I see a longer term loan with us paying a big lump of his wages, or our next manager gives it another go with him, we'd do well to get £30 for DVD, but even if we do then the way transfers are paid for will mean that will just cover what we still owe for him.

Wtih Cavani and Mata also likely to leave without any sort fee, plus us maybe not getting CL, then we are going to need to do something pretty significent this summer or the next manager is not going to stand a chance.

talking robot

honestly i think we may be better off avoiding european competition altogether. we can offload 8 or 9 (vdb, mata,
lingard, martial, jones, pogba, matic, cavani) while bringing in 3-4 high impact players (2 midfield, 1 striker, maybe a defender). we fill out the rest of the squad with youngsters (amad, elanga, tuanzebe, garner, etc...) and focus all our energy and focus on the pl. if recruitment and manager selection is decent and the boardroom decision making radically improved, we can have a decent 2022-2023. that can serve as a solid base to re-build (again). not sure any of this will happen mind.

Jericholyte2

honestly i think we may be better off avoiding european competition altogether. we can offload 8 or 9 (vdb, mata,
lingard, martial, jones, pogba, matic, cavani) while bringing in 3-4 high impact players (2 midfield, 1 striker, maybe a defender). we fill out the rest of the squad with youngsters (amad, elanga, tuanzebe, garner, etc...) and focus all our energy and focus on the pl. if recruitment and manager selection is decent and the boardroom decision making radically improved, we can have a decent 2022-2023. that can serve as a solid base to re-build (again). not sure any of this will happen mind.
I'm on board with this, better to be out of it completely for a year, then we can really trim off the excess fat from the squad, knowing we only have to deal with the PL, FA Cup and League Cup.

spiriticon

Come on Mino. I'm actually begging you. Just find a club for Pogba, any club, so that we can all be done with this.

Steve 007

Great managers and great players want to play In the champions league. We need to be there.

eltigreFalcao

Think he should go, it just never worked out for him with us and I reckon we could find a much more suitable player in our midfield at half the wages. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Madrid and goes on to become one of the best midfielders in the world to make us look like even bigger mugs, though
Been reading this message on the loop for about 4 years

wolvored

You wont get nothing for Lingard and I think we will struggle to get £30 mill for the other 2 combined. These are all players that want to leave, not being chased by another club.

Mr PG

Ronaldo is 36 years old. He had 1 year left on his contract with Juventus and he was not offered to extend that partnership. If he'd stayed there he could have found himself without a club, 6 months before the 2022 WC.
Instead of that, we offered him a 2(+1) years deal, potentially keeping him relevant in top football until the 2024 Euros. It is a no-brainer.

And on top of that, he was granted a signing bonus that kept his income for the 21/22 season on par with what he was going to make in Italy. So the wage cut is just a myth.

Pogba is only 28, he's not going to take a wage cut, not here and not anywhere else. Real Madrid is interested in him. People at Juventus do love him. Paris would be more than happy to bring in one of France's WC heroes.
Not true. No other big club is interested in Pogba at this salary. Juventus Director said last season they've never been back for Pogba. Big mistake for him not to sign that contract as I don't think he's a Ralf kind of player and his injury record will scare off teams. Time for us to move on with fresh academy talent. Zidane and Hannibal will be very good players maybe not the attacking talent of Pogba but better balance.

redshaw

Ed Woodward deserves 20 years in prison, absolutely destroyed this club.

Recruitment and contracts have been crimes against United.

Alot for ragnick and murtogh to sort.

Start by moving on the highly paid egos.
I see many saying Sancho is on 350k, that would've been done under Murtough no? Seems like we're still doing the same mistakes. How can you refuse Rashford 350k if Sancho is on that if true, both not worth that and really need to work up to that level.

talking robot

Great managers and great players want to play In the champions league. We need to be there.
We very likely won't be in the Champion's league. We look a level below even Tottenham, West Ham, and Arsenal. Maybe that could turn around with a midfield signing in January, but I'm starting from the assumption that there's no champions league next year. The realistic alternatives look like europa league, conference league, or nothing. Would prefer nothing between these options.

DavelinaJolie

They're sunk costs. Unfortunately the only thing to do is if they have no future here get them off the books by selling or letting them walk.

The club need to be wise in how they replace them... And therein lies the rub

Moriarty

Wtih Cavani and Mata also likely to leave without any sort fee, plus us maybe not getting CL, then we are going to need to do something pretty significent this summer or the next manager is not going to stand a chance.
Depends on who it is. I hope we're getting a man that players want to play for and won't mind a season out of Europe.

salfordlad

Seeing that we get consistently overrun by teams in the lower half of the table I'd say let all these over paid primadonna types (Pogba, Martial, Bruno etc.) bugger off and invest in some hard nosed lads who will put in a shift and also let the younger lads such as Elanga and Mejbri have a crack. We need to change the culture and reward success, not shirt sales. I've followed United since I was a young boy in the 1950's and I've never hated a squad as much as this.

Lee565

Unless real madrid come forward for him which is not a sure thing, then he would be silly to sign a pre-contract elsewhere until he knows who our next manager is as I don't see many better options for pogba outside of united. Juventus are just as bad as us at the moment with them struggling to get a top 4 position and financially not strong, there is psg but will pogba's ego like the idea of fading into obscurity in a league that doesn't come anywhere near matching the fanbase/exposure that the premier league or even la Liga can have for a player, I mean look at how little the spotlight is on messi these days compared to when he was at Barca.

If Bayern or Chelsea came forward for him then i could see the sense for him to sign with them but that is about it.

lost7

Unless real madrid come forward for him which is not a sure thing, then he would be silly to sign a pre-contract elsewhere until he knows who our next manager is as I don't see many better options for pogba outside of united. Juventus are just as bad as us at the moment with them struggling to get a top 4 position and financially not strong, there is psg but will pogba's ego like the idea of fading into obscurity in a league that doesn't come anywhere near matching the fanbase/exposure that the premier league or even la Liga can have for a player, I mean look at how little the spotlight is on messi these days compared to when he was at Barca.

If Bayern or Chelsea came forward for him then i could see the sense for him to sign with them but that is about it.
He's obsessed with Real Madrid, he'll go there even if he has to take a pay cut

crossy1686

career ending
There's probably no truth in this but isn't this essentially what happened when Mourinho was sacked? If he has made this demand, and that's a big if, he shouldn't play for the club again.