Pogba

Offsideagain

PL stats on Pogba. Appearances 146, Goals 28, assists 36 , wins 80, losses 25.
Bruno stats Appearances 64, Goals 30, assists 22, wins 34, losses 11

Disraeli said ‘There are three kinds of lies: Leis, damn Lies and Statistics. Mind you, he never saw Pogba play. They are not the figures of a £90m footballer. I’m sure if someone digs deeper they can find the number of times he has lost the ball. What they probably won’t find is the number of games he’s jogged through. Get shot ASAP.

LazyGoal

He should go now. Dont want him, even if he plays for free — it is just to much noise and drama. This team will not win anything with him. There are so many better players out there.

Stevondo8

PL stats on Pogba. Appearances 146, Goals 28, assists 36 , wins 80, losses 25.
Bruno stats Appearances 64, Goals 30, assists 22, wins 34, losses 11

Disraeli said ‘There are three kinds of lies: Leis, damn Lies and Statistics. Mind you, he never saw Pogba play. They are not the figures of a £90m footballer. I’m sure if someone digs deeper they can find the number of times he has lost the ball. What they probably won’t find is the number of games he’s jogged through. Get shot ASAP.
Unless my eyes deceive me, they already have, 146 apps.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Lets see if RR can get a tune out of him. All the players should get a clean slate with the new manager in.

Zed 101

God I hope we don't agree an extension, Pogba for all his once a season brilliant performances has been an overwhelmingly negative influence across the board, I will be so glad when he is gone

SATA

He has nowhere else to go if PSG doesn’t sign him. I don’t think he has much options at all to consider. Can’t see Real and Juve touching him at all

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Good, hope we sign him if the wages are reasonable. He wasted his career under two incompetent managers. Hopefully Ralf can get him the right position.

TheLittleOne

He has nowhere else to go if PSG doesn’t sign him. I don’t think he has much options at all to consider. Can’t see Real and Juve touching him at all
Yeah PSG seems best fit. If No "acceptable club" wants him and he comes crawling back offer him 1 year extension on 50k less than what he's on now.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The fact that none of could honestly claim our recent results would have definitely been better had he not got injured says it all really. Making him one of the best paid players in the world would be absolute madness. So mad I’m not sure any other club would take that risk either.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Good, hope we sign him if the wages are reasonable. He wasted his career under two incompetent managers. Hopefully Ralf can get him the right position.
What if Ralf doesn’t want him? First “competent” manager we will have had in 5 years and he doesn’t want a world record player? Would that finally persuade some of you that he’s just too individualistic and expensive to keep pandering to? That’s all most posters have been saying about Pogbas time here. Far more limited players on nowhere near the same money are doing more effective midfield work than him. It’s a shame but that doesn’t mean we should double down just in case.

Chief123

Ah, but that's speculative. We were awful without him. And there's no indication we wouldn't have been better with him.
We’ve been pretty awful with him. He’s always going to be a problem that can not be solved. He is probably the last person Ragnick would have in his philosophy. He is everything but what Ragnick looks for in a player.

Blood Mage

I don't think there's much hope for him under Rangnick, he's too lethargic and immobile and approaching the end of his prime years. He should look for another club.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
What if Ralf doesn’t want him? First “competent” manager we will have had in 5 years and he doesn’t want a world record player? Would that finally persuade some of you that he’s just too individualistic and expensive to keep pandering to? That’s all most posters have been saying about Pogbas time here. Far more limited players on nowhere near the same money are doing more effective midfield work than him. It’s a shame but that doesn’t mean we should double down just in case.
If he isn't a fit, then he should go. Thing is, pretty much every single player has been bad or regressed since they signed for us. But the outcry is only against Pogba thanks to his agent.

Point is, everyone deserves a clean slate now. If Ralf thinks he isn't a fit, he can go. I trust him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
My main issue with Pogba now is his fitness. At this point, I wonder if we can actually classify him as an injury prone player. All the more so as he’s approaching that sort of age where the little niggles start becoming bigger and bigger, and Rangnick is likely to implement a very intense style of pressing.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If he isn't a fit, then he should go. Thing is, pretty much every single player has been bad or regressed since they signed for us. But the outcry is only against Pogba thanks to his agent.

Point is, everyone deserves a clean slate now. If Ralf thinks he isn't a fit, he can go. I trust him.
I think a clean slate would be the sensible way to go but on the other hand some of these players are on their 3rd 4th and even 5th clean slate post Fergie. Like what’s really going to change? It’s getting ridiculous. It’s up to the club to be willing to take a loss on these guys and stop renewing anyone with even half an interest in sticking around.

RedDevil@84

No new news I hope. Whenever this thread starts moving, I get scared that we have got Pogba to sign a new 400k contract.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I think pogba and the greasy scumbag are in for a rude awakening, the clubs he wants are not going to chuck the kind of money he is expecting at him. Its either a Newcastle/psg for the money or juve/real for a lot less than he would like. Personally if he turns around in May and says he'll sign I'd offer him a contract, at 100k a week less than the one on offer now.

Firestorm

SAF got rid of him for a reason ..he was very rarely wrong about a player. Great talent but rotten attitude and application, a liability we can do without these days.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The fact that none of could honestly claim our recent results would have definitely been better had he not got injured says it all really. Making him one of the best paid players in the world would be absolute madness. So mad I’m not sure any other club would take that risk either.
Pogba has impacted more games than anyone since January this year and even going back to pre Xmas and the CL group he almost salvaged for us. He salvaged games in the league from Jan to his injury against Everton and our form dropped while he was injured, came back from injury and after the first two games back where you dived in on him immediately, went back to impacting games for us such as Spurs, Villa, Milan etc. His form at the start of the season was a key factor in our good start, particularly the Southampton game where he was the only good performer and set up a goal we barely deserved. But yeah yet again don’t let your bias get in the way.

Smores

Pogba has impacted more games than anyone since January this year and even going back to pre Xmas and the CL group he almost salvaged for us. He salvaged games in the league from Jan to his injury against Everton and our form dropped while he was injured, came back from injury and after the first two games back where you dived in on him immediately, went back to impacting games for us such as Spurs, Villa, Milan etc. His form at the start of the season was a key factor in our good start, particularly the Southampton game where he was the only good performer and set up a goal we barely deserved. But yeah yet again don’t let your bias get in the way.
Is their some kind of stats to backup these claims because i don't think many see it that way at all.

He's been average mostly with a handful of great games across that time.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Is their some kind of stats to backup these claims because i don't think many see it that way at all.

He's been average mostly with a handful of great games across that time.
Exactly the issue. You can go back through his performance thread easily enough, Ive posted enough times where I’ve listed games and performances. I had a running joke that narked some posters off, but it was for this reason. Good game after good game I posted about how he was ruining the narrative about him by being consistently good over months and months, it went into the Euros and the start of the season. Predictably it all got very quickly forgotten the minute he had a run of poor form.

It’s the same on the opposite stance with Bruno for example, who has been average at best mostly since January but the minute he returns to form the narrative will be that he’s been a fantastic signing who has carried the club the entire time….despite, you know 11 months and counting.

So it doesn’t surprise me at all. It’s the way it’s always been with Pogba, massively overstated negatives. It’s just down to negative regard.

RedCurry

If we want some to provide an occasional piece of brilliance while showing very little tactical know-how, then spend 3 months away from the team, we can just promote someone like Hannibal at fraction of the wages. Let’s not beat this dead horse anymore.

If Pogba wants to show to fans that he’s finally serious about the club, he can take a substantial wage cut and put his heart on the field twice a week. Then maybe we can think about giving him a renewed contract if he plays a key role in us lifting trophies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think pogba and the greasy scumbag are in for a rude awakening, the clubs he wants are not going to chuck the kind of money he is expecting at him. Its either a Newcastle/psg for the money or juve/real for a lot less than he would like. Personally if he turns around in May and says he'll sign I'd offer him a contract, at 100k a week less than the one on offer now.
I agree. I think he’s shit out of luck to be honest, should have moved to Madrid or PSG years ago.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'll be very surprised if he gets an extension, especially now that Rangnick's in charge. Maybe finally we'll start making proper footballing decisions.

Scholsey2004

No new news I hope. Whenever this thread starts moving, I get scared that we have got Pogba to sign a new 400k contract.
Yeah, time to move on. Forget the 'protect the asset' crap. Hopefully Rangnick's influence will prevail.

Tarrou

SAF got rid of him for a reason ..he was very rarely wrong about a player. Great talent but rotten attitude and application, a liability we can do without these days.
rewriting history here

Fergie wanted to keep him but Raiola convinced him to go to Juve

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If we want some to provide an occasional piece of brilliance while showing very little tactical know-how, then spend 3 months away from the team, we can just promote someone like Hannibal at fraction of the wages. Let’s not beat this dead horse anymore.

If Pogba wants to show to fans that he’s finally serious about the club, he can take a substantial wage cut and put his heart on the field twice a week. Then maybe we can think about giving him a renewed contract if he plays a key role in us lifting trophies.
This is the biggest concern for me with attempting to keep him. He'll want to upset the wage structure and get on par with Ronaldo. Moreover, he'll block the path of someone like Mejbri from the academy or a player like Van de Beek, who's been more committed to the cause despite fewer opportunities.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
This is the biggest concern for me with attempting to keep him. He'll want to upset the wage structure and get on par with Ronaldo. Moreover, he'll block the path of someone like Mejbri from the academy or a player like Van de Beek, who's been more committed to the cause despite fewer opportunities.
Eh?

Real Name

What's the purpose. It is delayed until now, he should have got an ultimatum long time ago. Not to mention he probably wants big money and its a question if he fits Ragnick plan at all.
Better to end this story which doesnt have a happy end but it is what it is.

choccy77

Pogba, lingard, Jones need to go asap

In summer we also lose Matic, Mata

We then need 2 quality midfielders & a defender and we should be stronger as we have enough up front although Haaland would be nice

Bestietom

We made a big mistake with Sanchez, and couldn't get rid of him quick enough.
Let's not make same mistake with Pogba. If we can get anything for him in January, let him go.

DutchCruijff

He'd fit in quite well in Rangnick's 4222 - LM/LAM.

If United play well and get the results over the next 2-3 months, Pogba will sign a contract. No one else too keen on him - Madrid off the cards, Juve are in the mud - and PSG I don't think he wants to join them.