Pogba

Scholsey2004

What i'm asking is, can we sell him if he is injured? I've never heard of anyone being sold with an injury.
Theoretically the club would have to forgo the medical so there might be problems with any kind of health insurance etc. Demba Ba was permanently unable to pass a medical though and he changed clubs plenty of times so presumably you can do it.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Pogba is all that is wrong with the club in the post Fergie era. Overpaid and underdelivering. Poor body language, blaming everyone else, playing well one game out of 5 and letting his agent rather than his feet do the talking.
Literally, how are you making this post whilst we're playing like a bunch of clowns with Pogba nowhere near the team?

You can nix 'Pogba' from your sentence and it's applicable to the players out there right now bar Jones.

Lewnited

Literally, how are you making this post whilst we're playing like a bunch of clowns with Pogba nowhere near the team?

You can nix 'Pogba' from your sentence and it's applicable to the players out there right now bar Jones.
Mental isn't it, odd people in our fanbase

Firstouch20

He's definitely missed big time. There's literally zero creativity in this team. No one seems capable of splitting a defence open with a pass or just moving the ball into dangerous spaces like Pogba is capable of.

Godfather

When is this fecker back again? At least brings some excitement to this shithouse team. Let's enjoy it as long as he is here.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Might as well shut down the club if that were true.
I am all for offering him a new contract (one of the few-I know) but if its half a million per week he can fk off with the rest who dont want to be here. Sack the lot and play the youth.

hobbers

I am all for offering him a new contract (one of the few-I know) but if its half a million per week he can fk off with the rest who dont want to be here. Sack the lot and play the youth.
I'd offer him an extension with a small pay rise and give Raiola whatever buyout clause he wanted. 320k would be the upper limit. He hasn't come anywhere close to deserving more.

More than that is grotesque. Would set a horrible precedent if we ever tried to sign any highly rated midfielder, Tielemans, Bellingham, Rice etc. Would price ourselves out of building a good squad ever again.

roseguy64

I'd offer him an extension with a small pay rise and give Raiola whatever buyout clause he wanted. 320k would be the upper limit. He hasn't come anywhere close to deserving more.

More than that is grotesque. Would set a horrible precedent if we ever tried to sign any highly rated midfielder, Tielemans, Bellingham, Rice etc. Would price ourselves out of building a good squad ever again.
Agree with this.

HailtotheKing

Theoretically the club would have to forgo the medical so there might be problems with any kind of health insurance etc. Demba Ba was permanently unable to pass a medical though and he changed clubs plenty of times so presumably you can do it.
Didn’t Torres just go to Barcelona while still recovering from injury?

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses

Just shows how inept the board are pandering to his grotesque demands, and this is coming from a big Pogba fan. Offer him the same as DDG if he doesnt accept let him go.

LoneStar

No inconsistent performer needs to be getting similar wages as DDG. There will be no bidders for him if he signs a big contract with us.

Just let him go and be done with it. I hope the board makes proper notes on how to NOT deal with a player in the last year of their contract.

choccy77

This club is a joke if it gives Pogba £500k a week for being so mediocre

davidmichael

With how inept our board is I don’t feel surprised if it were true we’ve offered Pogba £500K a week to stay so we can ‘protect his value and our investment’ which is what we’ve done with so many players over the past few years that should have been let go and if we had a better board and recruitment team would have been let go.

Green Arrow

This club is a joke if it gives Pogba £500k a week for being so mediocre
The club will never learn this is the reason why we are in this mess offering contracts to players who might not want to be here that insane amount of money. Just let him go and invest in players who want to be here and who want to come and play for the club.

the_cliff

romufc

I find it very unlikely that we've offered that now Ralf is here. Especially after what Ralf himself said on the subject:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/dec/10/ralf-rangnick-paul-pogba-manchester-united-contract

If we do sign him on a 500k a week contract, it's safe to say that the whole give Ralf all the power to make his decisions was PR and we're still fecked.

That being said I wouldn't be against Pogba staying, but 500k, nah move on.
The biggest problem in our squad is the wages players are on. No Manchester United player has done enough to deserve 200k, let alone 500k.

I think its just time to move on from the Pogba show, its not worked like we hoped so lets just take things in a different direction.

MNG2646

Supports
Real Madrid
I'd like to see him at Madrid to replace Modric but i have doubt's over his commitment and maturity.

Scholsey2004

Looks like the '500k contract offer' probably came straight from Raiola's recent interview, in which case take that with a grain of salt as he's likely trying to create a narrative that the players is highly sought after. If its true though, and lets face it we are that crazily run, then we're finished as a serious football club. Anybody who assesses Pogba's time here as worth that wage has no business being in charge of a football club.

devilo

Looks like the '500k contract offer' probably came straight from Raiola's recent interview, in which case take that with a grain of salt as he's likely trying to create a narrative that the players is highly sought after. If its true though, and lets face it we are that crazily run, then we're finished as a serious football club. Anybody who assesses Pogba's time here as worth that wage has no business being in charge of a football club.
The people running the club don't base their value of a player purely on their footballing ability and output unfortunately.

RUCK4444

The people running the club don't base their value of a player purely on their footballing ability and output unfortunately.
Yeah because the commercial side offsets a large chunk but people won’t factor that in and won’t give the player credit for commanding that commercial return compared to other players who simply dont.

There are a lot of variables in high profile moves.

For the record I’ve never said he’s worth £500k a week. The most I’ve said in the past is for parity with Dave, that is what they would want imo… his argument being no doubt that he’s our best outfield player which is hard to agree or indeed disagree with when you look at his highs and lows (especially when you see him play anywhere else but here in a functional side next to a competent DM.)

I still want him to stay so long as we finally address the major issue at DM, for a fair deal that doesn’t destroy our pay structure but we’ve already done that a few times already so it’s the Wild West here on contracts.

Olecurls99

Spot on. I'd offer him 150k and tell his agent to piss off if he doesn't want it.

devilo

For the record I’ve never said he’s worth £500k a week. The most I’ve said in the past is for parity with Dave, that is what they would want imo… his argument being no doubt that he’s our best outfield player which is hard to agree or indeed disagree with when you look at his highs and lows (especially when you see him play anywhere else but here in a functional side next to a competent DM.)
This idea of our execs wanting to protect value in an asset is a joke and I would even go as far as to say that it's behind some of the divisions within the squad that have been alluded to recently. Nothing good will ever come of us rewarding mediocrity, which is what we see from Pogba more often than not.

ForeverRed1

I really hope the 500k per week reports aren’t true. Really really really hope. That’s stupid money that could be invested in two/three good players wages.

it also totally messes up the wage structure surely? Can’t be true.

RUCK4444

This idea of our execs wanting to protect value in an asset is a joke and I would even go as far as to say that it's behind some of the divisions within the squad that have been alluded to recently. Nothing good will ever come of us rewarding mediocrity, which is what we see from Pogba more often than not.
Mediocrity is everywhere on the pitch for us, putting money to one side a moment, Pogba’s performances are symptomatic of a team that don’t perform on the pitch in almost any area consistently. He’s proven this by performing every time he’s away from United in functional teams (this is difference with him and others in the squad imo.)

I’d argue we should be keeping the core of talented players we have and build on that with the next manager. Some just want the ‘saga’ to end but to me it’s cutting our nose off to spite our face in the long term.

We should be trying to structure a functional midfield that accomodates one of the few world class players we have. Rather than consigning ourselves to guaranteed mediocrity with McFred and Grandpa Matic who offer nothing remotely like what Pogba can.

To me it’s so simple, just buy a top level DM because we need one REGARDLESS of whether Pogba stays or goes, if he stays you then get the best from him and we have two top level midfielders (it worked with Matic when he gave us 3 months before his legs gave out.) Or back to relegation fodder walking through us.

Look at the players we’re linked with, we’re never going to compete with the top teams in our league if we let our best players go and replace them with just ‘decent’ players like Neves for example.

Gordon Godot

Mediocrity is everywhere on the pitch for us, putting money to one side a moment, Pogba’s performances are symptomatic of a team that don’t perform on the pitch in almost any area consistently. He’s proven this by performing every time he’s away from United in functional teams (this is difference with him and others in the squad imo.)

I’d argue we should be keeping the core of talented players we have and build on that with the next manager. Some just want the ‘saga’ to end but to me it’s cutting our nose off to spite our face in the long term.

We should be trying to structure a functional midfield that accomodates one of the few world class players we have. Rather than consigning ourselves to guaranteed mediocrity with McFred and Grandpa Matic who offer nothing remotely like what Pogba can.

To me it’s so simple, just buy a top level DM because we need one REGARDLESS of whether Pogba stays or goes, if he stays you then get the best from him and we have two top level midfielders (it worked with Matic when he gave us 3 months before his legs gave out.) Or back to relegation fodder walking through us.

Look at the players we’re linked with, we’re never going to compete with the top teams in our league if we let our best players go and replace them with just ‘decent’ players like Neves for example.
Pogba needs to go. End of. He has never performed consistenly and never will. The desperate seeming need to retain him at any cost is again why we are in such a mess and the squad is so divided. If he doesnt want to stay then seriously get the F out. I think Ralf already expressed a similar sentiment. Neves is a good player and maybe can develop more. Certainly far more technical than Fred or McT. If he delivers consistently I would rather have him than Pogba. We need to move on from the galactico signings, from Sanchez to Pogba and now Ronnie, they even fail, underperform but all cause huge resentments in squad.

the_cliff

The biggest problem in our squad is the wages players are on. No Manchester United player has done enough to deserve 200k, let alone 500k.

I think its just time to move on from the Pogba show, its not worked like we hoped so lets just take things in a different direction.
I agree.

With the numbers being quoted, he's definitely not worth it and therefore I think he will go because I can't see Ralf sanctioning 300k a week never mind 500.

I just wanted to add at the end that this is coming from someone who actually rates Pogba, I think on his day he's one of the best players in the world but he's still not worth 300k a week never mind 500.