Pogba

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Based on what I know about Rangnick he won't want any passengers. I think he'll make an exception for Ronaldo because he's willing to adapt, a superior athlete and a strong role model.

Pogba sulking in midfield won't do even if he can pull of a few World-class passes. I imagine RR will be thinking long - term.

I might be wrong and RR sees PP as our main midfielder

I'm a beautiful thing

I think he's made his mind up he's off and it seems the club aren't too bothered.
Very good player sometimes but hasn't done it anywhere enough for us, certainly not enough to warrant the pay day he wants

Keep hearing this on here but have I missed something or was Fergie not desperate to keep him, offering him a contract way in excess of the norm which was ultimately rejected.
Fergie wanted to keep him, but wasn't desperate. Scholes' story is that Pogba felt he should have played when we ended up playing Phil Jones and Fabio in midfield against Blackburn, but he wasn't at all performing at a satisfactory level in training.

clarkydaz

Fergie wanted to keep him, but wasn't desperate. Scholes' story is that Pogba felt he should have played when we ended up playing Phil Jones and Fabio in midfield against Blackburn, but he wasn't at all performing at a satisfactory level in training.
Scholes was training the reserves at the time and said in his opinion wasnt justified demanding a place in the first team then. Juventus was the right move for him it seems

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He can become Newcastle's first marquee signing, as soon as the club can figure out how to get one of their Saudi companies to "sponsor" them without breaking Premier League rules.
If we offered him to the saudis in jan i bet they'll spunk atleast 50m.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Such nonsense. Of course he's a world class player, he's the best midfielder in the most stacked national team in the world and he shows his quality there always. And don't tell me he performs For Didier Deschamps because of Matuidi or Kante or Tchouameini or whoever, Paul is at the heart of the French team on merit.

He hasn't worked at Man Utd for many reasons and won't be the first nor the last to not have worked out at the club, but lets' not rewrite facts to suit a narrative please.
Sorry but I completely disagree, but then again I consider things like decision making, work rate and consistency to be key attributes for a world class player. Plenty of players look great in one off games or in a condensed tournament, but can’t put it together for sustained periods, which is what is required to be considered world class. Pogba is the definition of inconsistent. He has so many off days, he can never be considered world class.

He has plenty of mint moments for France but equally he has moments like his brain fart dawdling which cost them the losing goal against Switzerland in the Euros.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
If we're moving in the direction it seems we're moving in, then it's probably best for both him and United to part ways. Ultimately, he's been a letdown in his time here. There have been moments and there have been periods of time that he's been on a good run, but that's not good enough. I can't see this Rangnick nor any successor to him indulging Pogba like the previous managers have.

It's obvious that he's a supremely talented player, but it just hasn't worked out for whatever reason.

AFC NimbleThumb

If we're moving in the direction it seems we're moving in, then it's probably best for both him and United to part ways. Ultimately, he's been a letdown in his time here. There have been moments and there have been periods of time that he's been on a good run, but that's not good enough. I can't see this Rangnick nor any successor to him indulging Pogba like the previous managers have.

It's obvious that he's a supremely talented player, but it just hasn't worked out for whatever reason.
A fair assessment. Don’t see many of those on here in regards to the man. Time to go but he certainly isn’t the only one.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Pogba would be brilliant if he didn't happen to be born at the wrong time. If Fergie got him instead of Veron, he would have been a huge success here. Obviously spending his first years playing in absolutely diabolic team, full of younsgters, many of them not good enough, carrying himself the team - which many people forgot btw. Then having a hard time to adapt in a deeper role in still pretty underwhelming team and struggling with quite a list of long term injuries, didn't do him any good. COuld he try a bit more in some games yes, but many key players like Rashford, Bruno underperformed in about the same number of games while playing in their best positions.

Shame we couldn't play Pogba further up the pitch except for few run of games where he showed he's brilliant there and consistent too, but obviously Rashford for instance wasn't able to play well anywhere as good as on the left side so LAM was always a shorterm for Pogba. Shame we never really had a DM who could unleash him too. It's probably time to let go now though however I wouldn't be surprised if the manager surprised and make him stay, because he's got still so much to offer if used properly..

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Pogba would be brilliant if he didn't happen to be born at the wrong time. If Fergie got him instead of Veron, he would have been a huge success here. Obviously spending his first years playing in absolutely diabolic team, full of younsgters, many of them not good enough, carrying himself the team - which many people forgot btw. Then having a hard time to adapt in a deeper role in still pretty underwhelming team and struggling with quite a list of long term injuries, didn't do him any good. COuld he try a bit more in some games yes, but many key players like Rashford, Bruno underperformed in about the same number of games while playing in their best positions.

Shame we couldn't play Pogba further up the pitch except for few run of games where he showed he's brilliant there and consistent too, but obviously Rashford for instance wasn't able to play well anywhere as good as on the left side so LAM was always a shorterm for Pogba. Shame we never really had a DM who could unleash him too. It's probably time to let go now though however I wouldn't be surprised if the manager surprised and make him stay, because he's got still so much to offer if used properly..
I think you are completely spot on. Pogba is a quality player but not the player who can lift you up when playing with complete trash and with a trash manager. He really made a mistake joining United. I think its similar to Neymar joining PSG. Both could have been mega stars at the right club and enviroment

RUCK4444

When he’s fit doesn’t he put in decent stats for pressing? Not sure RR would write him off as quick as many claim.

InfiniteBoredom

He can become Newcastle's first marquee signing, as soon as the club can figure out how to get one of their Saudi companies to "sponsor" them without breaking Premier League rules.
I don’t think he would enjoy playing in the Championship at his age, no matter how much money Raiola manage to wring out of that lot.

I think unless Juve got a transfer ban of some sort, they would still cobble together some kind of deal to bring him there. Inter still owes us some of the Lukaku money after all.

minoo-utd

The question is under the new management can he be a hard worker? Because Pogba is no where near that.

Jericho

Let him off. Christ, the amount of time he’s had to prove himself. Even with his ability Fergie knew when enough was enough with Veron.

edit: I preferred Veron tbh.

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If we offered him to the saudis in jan i bet they'll spunk atleast 50m.
That's what I would do if I were the Saudis. Pogba is actually a proper football icon that, as France shows, is worth to build the midfield/team. And he's available, familiar with the League, and at his peak.

Marcus

That's what I would do if I were the Saudis. Pogba is actually a proper football icon that, as France shows, is worth to build the midfield/team. And he's available, familiar with the League, and at his peak.
This. And they may be desparate to avoid relegation so they could be tempted.

Marcus

I don’t think he would enjoy playing in the Championship at his age, no matter how much money Raiola manage to wring out of that lot.

I think unless Juve got a transfer ban of some sort, they would still cobble together some kind of deal to bring him there. Inter still owes us some of the Lukaku money after all.
Wow. Just read. Juve looks in big trouble. May not be able to pay the massive signing on fee Pogba is looking for. Watch him come crawling back now.

Sviken

This. And they may be desparate to avoid relegation so they could be tempted.
Don't see how Pogba will ever agree to that. He wants to win trophies. He's never winning anything with Newcastle. Best hope for him is for PSG to take him. They do love those useless high profile signings.

Gazza

how often does a player in their final year of contract actually sign an extension with their club? Strikes me as quite rare at top level

Suedesi

Sorry but I completely disagree, but then again I consider things like decision making, work rate and consistency to be key attributes for a world class player. Plenty of players look great in one off games or in a condensed tournament, but can’t put it together for sustained periods, which is what is required to be considered world class. Pogba is the definition of inconsistent. He has so many off days, he can never be considered world class.

He has plenty of mint moments for France but equally he has moments like his brain fart dawdling which cost them the losing goal against Switzerland in the Euros.
We've had dysfunctional teams at United for 6-7 years, so it's not all on Paul. I do think that after so many years, maybe a change would be good for both club and player.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So Pogba is out injured until after the January transfer window? How curious.

OLLY ORANGE

He'll end up at PSG with Zidane, no one else is will pay his wages.
Not bothered either way if he stays ir goes.
You just dont know what you are going to get out of the lad from one week to the next
He'll struggle under the new managers way of playing footy and will be on the fringes of starting each week.
Will leave a slight bitter taste in the mouth if he leaves on a free again.
Also will be ragarded as a big money flop at the club.

PaulRich

lets be honest he's done it in fits and starts since his return, our outlay in terms of wages will be better allocated elsewhere...........looks like we're going to get bent over on a transfer fee though.

GueRed

He's been a massive disappointment in all honesty.

I watched him live coming through in the youth teams, that 2011 winning team...special talent. Looked a dead cert for the first team.
Went out to Juventus did really well, came back and I was excited as anyone else. The hype and all that bullshit was off the scale!

I genuinely thought he would be world class for us and be that driving force in midfield...

How wrong was I. He's been anything but.

Into the 6th season now...Cant believe he's lasted this long at the club... Should've got shot of him when he wanted out in 2019.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Why are Pogba threads of any kind, the worst United-football related echo chambers on the site?

How many repeat offenders trudge from one Pogba thread to another saying the exact same thing?

Mainoldo

Why are Pogba threads of any kind, the worst United-football related echo chambers on the site?

How many repeat offenders trudge from one Pogba thread to another saying the exact same thing?
It’s boring enit. So much hate in peoples heart. You’d think he has Bruno Fernandes level ability.

Eli Zee

I'd say he has world class talent / potential, but his performances are usually subpar.

Marcus

Don't see how Pogba will ever agree to that. He wants to win trophies. He's never winning anything with Newcastle. Best hope for him is for PSG to take him. They do love those useless high profile signings.
If I were cynical, I would say he/his agent want money (including social media exposure) more, while being able to justify the move on the basis of wanting to win trophies. If teams like Real and Juve are not in a position to pay him his massive signing on fee, then his options are quite limited. Maybe he would rather sign for PSG than Newcastle because it is easier to justify that he wants to win something. But it would ring hollow. Because his best chance of winning trophies is now with us (without Ole). Hence, the apparent noises of a u-turn. Please no.

Bestietom

We will see if Rangnick fits him in. If he doesn't do what is demanded of him, he will be dropped to the bench or let go.

DevTheRed

Hope he goes, far too inconsistent to be worth the wage demands and the aggravation you get with him and his agent every window. The way football is going with pressing and hard work being a key factor in success players like him are going to struggle, you can’t afford to be carrying passengers anymore, been coming for a few seasons now.

Get him of the books and bring in a couple of players who actually want to be here.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The market doesn’t lie. If he really is world class then they’ll be plenty of clubs ready to make Raiola even more filthy rich in the coming months.
The market isn't based on simply world class or not, the profile, position and overall history of a player are key. While I don't think that he is world class and never did, Pogba will be 29 and has a recent history of injury proneness, sensible clubs will put an emphasis on that and protect themselves. That's without mentioning the fact that CMs are not the kind of players that generally generate large transfer fees or record investments from clubs.

Hammondo

Conveniently ruining any chance we can sell him which will let him sign for whichever club can afford the money he’ll demand
Thats nonsense, we can't sell him of he doesn't want to be sold. He has to sign it ffs, stupid comments.