Pogba

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
he’s off to madrid on a free. they’ll give raiola a few quid and pogba a tidy wage and he’ll be happy.

I love him as a player when he’s on top form but at the same time I don’t think keeping him for another 4/5 years on insane wages is good value.

I think the club are quite rightly letting him move on, especially after the semi disrespectful comments over the years.

Ole was also his biggest champion so with him gone, I wonder whether the next manager will see him as being so integral.

Most of these modern managers seem to see midfield as a pressing machine rather than an area of individual quality these days.

wolvored

The club should withdraw the contract and tell him to leave in January if he can get a team. Tell him if he stays until the end of the season then he will not play, so any game bonus's will not be paid. At the end of the day why should we have him when hes trying his hardest to go, but if no one wants him will probably sign the contract here. Lets hope with Woodward going, so do the crazy dealings.

Lee565

Should have let Mourinho sell him when he wanted to, instead the club pretty much took his side and then repays them by walking for free, what a class act he and his agent are.

To be honest it will be fitting for him to go to psg, it will be a match made in heaven, a footballer more concerned about his "brand" joining a plastic club that sees itself more as a "brand" than a football club.

wolvored

Should have let Mourinho sell him when he wanted to, instead the club pretty much took his side and then repays them by walking for free, what a class act he and his agent are.

To be honest it will be fitting for him to go to psg, it will be a match made in heaven, a footballer more concerned about his "brand" joining a plastic club that sees itself more as a "brand" than a football club.
Our board see us as a brand as well. Woodward said what happens on the pitch doesnt affect the brand.
Well at least up to now. Lets see where the changes take us.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Been one of the very few players to have made watching United worthwhile in the past five years and has been as consistent as anybody. That being said at 29 and picking up injuries more frequently, I’d say anything more than a two year extension on his current wage just isn’t worth the gamble. We move on and our fans can find another scapegoat.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I think you are completely spot on. Pogba is a quality player but not the player who can lift you up when playing with complete trash and with a trash manager. He really made a mistake joining United. I think its similar to Neymar joining PSG. Both could have been mega stars at the right club and enviroment
One important thing I forgot to mention is his price tag on which behalf he's judged harshly. He came in as a superstar player for a lot of money and expectations has been very high and there's the same bias as with Maguire and Fred for instance, one bad pass, one bad game and they are crucified by some stupid reactionary fans, run of bad form and the hatred is unreal. Why do you hate your own players morons? It's like it's their mistake they cost that much money.

Imagine going grocery shopping and only buy discounted groceries, that's not always how you make your full meal, if you don't buy that nice piece of meat in high demand for full price, you can as well lower your demands and eat something basic. But I swear some fans are just going after the yellow prices in the supermarket, eating rotten fruit.

The Bloody-Nine

Been one of the very few players to have made watching United worthwhile in the past five years and has been as consistent as anybody. That being said at 29 and picking up injuries more frequently, I’d say anything more than a two year extension on his current wage just isn’t worth the gamble. We move on and our fans can find another scapegoat.
He's been consistently average to shite. Which is not what you expect for a world record fee.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
:lol: :lol: That is the precise reason why he is criticized.

Eli Zee

The club should withdraw the contract and tell him to leave in January if he can get a team. Tell him if he stays until the end of the season then he will not play, so any game bonus's will not be paid. At the end of the day why should we have him when hes trying his hardest to go, but if no one wants him will probably sign the contract here. Lets hope with Woodward going, so do the crazy dealings.
Because there's a contract that states he will be paid x amount of wages for the stated period of time... he's trying his hardest to have himself set up financially and playing for a good team once the agreed upon contract with us is done.

Stop hating players for taking advantage of financial situations for themselves and their families instead of helping out billionaire club owners to save some money.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
That’s bizarre
He has had his good moments, but the one thing he has never been throughout his stay here is consistent. If you think Pogba has been consistent you are as deluded as ty from AFTV.

He plays a blinder for two games and then disappears for two games. That has been the story of his old trafford career.

Deanor44

When Failaini was at Utd at the time I felt he opitimized utd's fall from grace. I am not saying he was the root cause but I always felt he was limited and I considered never good enough to play for utd. Credit to him he was good at something and played to that strength though. After the consideration of time I have changed my view and feel Pogba sums up this current utd era to perfection. The guy could be what he wants, supreme athlete, extremely technical and at times can be a world beater but like this utd era those times have been far too few and rare. People on here speak of Mc fred being limited but the bigger disgrace is that Utd could never get Pogba to work with one of them. I hear all the chatter about Pogba needing a Kante to play well but it seems he is the only player that cost almost 100 million that needs another specific player to shine which I find a bit pathetic. Pogba could be box to box, energetic and influencial but the only one that holds that back is Paul Pogba. Instead he has mostly flattered to deceive, being at times lazy, being caught in possesion and ill deciplined. Is he better than some of the other players we have in midfield ....absolutely, does he warrant been paid the highest wages at the club......not even close.... so for me utd should cut their losses and ship him out in January. If he goes to somewhere else and lights it up..... i dont care because we tried him and overall he was not a fit for utd.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He's been a massive flop and one of the worst signings in our history. Apparently you are very easy to impress. Feel free to correct me and name his many man of the match performances for us.
Oh god that would be a very long list, he’s been here five seasons and had many many MOTM performances. Even just from January you could easily list ten games.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He has had his good moments, but the one thing he has never been throughout his stay here is consistent. If you think Pogba has been consistent you are as deluded as ty from AFTV.

He plays a blinder for two games and then disappears for two games. That has been the story of his old trafford career.
I never said he’s been consistent. Nobody has in his time here. Watch if we finally have a decent tactical manager how the players suddenly look so much better. There’s a reason the likes of Wolves, Southampton etc regularly play is off the pitch and are better than the sum of their parts.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He’s shit. Easily the second worst signing (after Sanchez) post Fergie. Can’t wait to get rid.

ForeverRed1

let him leave and throw the wages that he would cost on haaland. We should be doing everything in our power to get him. Even if raiola is his agent. City getting him would be a disaster

wolvored

Because there's a contract that states he will be paid x amount of wages for the stated period of time... he's trying his hardest to have himself set up financially and playing for a good team once the agreed upon contract with us is done.

Stop hating players for taking advantage of financial situations for themselves and their families instead of helping out billionaire club owners to save some money.
Im not so bothered about the money, or whether they are financially well off as hes already a multi millionaire so the fact he needs it to provide for his family is laughable, I'm talking about the fact he wants to leave unless we pay him an obscene amount, but just in case he doesnt get it elsewhere wants to keep us hanging on. Hes just a greedy bastard, a mercenary for the money. he doesnt give a shit for Utd.
P.S. Just looked it up hes worth $125 million.

bosskeano

Pogba would have been an aboslute liability today against chelsea...thank fuk he wasn't available

The Purley King

Let him go. In January for a small fee ideally.
The thought of paying him £0.5m a week makes me sick in my mouth a little.

alexthelion

Under good manager he will be great. Shame that he will do it somewhere else
Doubtful, unless he plays in a slower league where he will have all the time in the world to do his fancy stuff.

His time at United should be done, hope he goes in January or next summer.

flameinthesun

As said in one of the posts above Pogba has been as consistent/inconsistent as any other player in the team. The only player that arguably has been consistent was Bruno and that has dropped off a cliff this year.

If we should get rid of pogba because of his inconsistent performances then keep the same energy for rashford, greenwood, bruno, shaw etc because every player has been inconsistent.

For me pogba is one of the few entertainers in the team, i'd actually be sad if he left as I think when on form hes so much fun to watch.

Tyrion

Pogba would have been an aboslute liability today against chelsea...thank fuk he wasn't available
Agreed. He's good against crap teams but he doesn't have the discipline unless someone like Kante is babysitting him. I dont hate him as much as others but I'd be fine if we let him go for free. I think he's a liability but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Can this thread die already or some of you can try to be a bit more constructive than saying he's shit? Where are the mods to apply their anti-abuse standards?

In other news, Juventus seem to be on the verge of another scandal, so that would kill off that route. If RM are also out, PSG looks the only ones left and with a big French name leaving, it might make sense for Pogba to come in. Plus, he might finally win another trophy and/or league.

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
Imagine what Ralph will think of this. Spending an insane amount of money on a contract renewal when looking at this issue from a purely economical standpoint which I think Ralph will, spending upwards of 500 k ok a player despite his commercial value we could have 2 magical players on 250 k still a massive contract for somebody. I think him leaving makes so much sense and the money on wages alone could open up so many opportunities for younger hungrier players.

Water Melon

Pogba will probably leave to PSG, and I doubt he will be missed much by many. On the other hand, having Paul fine-tuned by Rangnick could be a revelation. I would not write anybody off yet, unless I see them coached by Ralf for at least 3-4 months.

Siezard

I think United will offer Pogba a new contract but the weekly wages will be low.

It is up to Pogba to sign at this point. If Pogba doesn't sign, he runs the risks of not having a good club to sign him too. Look at Sergio Romero. Went to a relegation-threatened club on low wages.

Juventus and Real probably won't sign him. PSG may not even sign him anymore as their squad is quite strong and bloated at this point.

clarkydaz

I think United will offer Pogba a new contract but the weekly wages will be low.

It is up to Pogba to sign at this point. If Pogba doesn't sign, he runs the risks of not having a good club to sign him too. Look at Sergio Romero. Went to a relegation-threatened club on low wages.

Juventus and Real probably won't sign him. PSG may not even sign him anymore as their squad is quite strong and bloated at this point.
Supposedly the offer was 400k a week. Hopefully the new regime withdraw it

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Oh god that would be a very long list, he’s been here five seasons and had many many MOTM performances. Even just from January you could easily list ten games.
List them then Jeppers ?
He's not justified his tag or his hype.
He's been a massive disappointment

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
List them then Jeppers ?
He's not justified his tag or his hype.
He's been a massive disappointment
You see this is the point, it’s all about positive/negative regard. It’s quite ridiculous but entirely predictable that so many fans forget last season so quickly. Someone like Bruno can be largely and consistently poor and be held in such a positive regard that his performances don’t actually matter, while Pogba can have played largely well, with a lot of outstanding games and important contributions but it really doesn’t matter. Nothing he does positive matters because it’s all thrown away with narrative of 1 decent game in ten. Ten good games in five years etc.

Off the top of my head….

Southampton away
Leeds home
Roma home
Ac Milan away
Burnley home
Spurs away
Leicester away
Milan away
Villa home
Fulham away
Burnley away

every single game in this list it is fair to say he was in contention for MOTM and had played very well. Some of those games the team struggled, some were games he won for us, some were games he changed the course of. There were games pre Xmas also where he struggled with Covid, where he almost dragged us through the CL group.

There were other games also like Liverpool away, Arsenal away, Everton home before injury where he played his role well while not being outstanding.
There were also obviously games where he was poor both ore Xmas and post Xmas and he finished the season the last three games in poor form. However that isn’t a reflection of his form from January but don’t let your agenda get in the way.