Pogba on the differences between Ole & Mourinho

Moiraine

Astonishing, even though I am loving it, I can’t believe a United player will so publicly to criticize a former manager!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Box office interview, that SOB is gonna be trending like you wouldn't believe

Oh and Laura Woods :drool:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
She seems absolutely desperate for him to rave about how Ole is getting the best out of him but he doesn’t really go there, does he?
Think he'd rather himself got credited. Just an ego thing. Ole's left him on the bench a bit as well.

That and he seemed keen to get another Mourinho dig in about Luke Shaw's form.

Probably the least surprising thing ever that Pogba and Mourinho wouldn't like each other. Not really professional to criticise a coach even if its a former one, but then Mourinho has slagged off his own players to the media enough times that its also kind of fair game at this point.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Obviously has massive respect for Ole...lovely little dig in about how Ole ‘knows it’ and how Ole wouldn’t go against the players. I’m sceptical in part about Oles tactics but his man management skills seem superb. No one has had anything but good things to say about him. Also Pogba is having a very good season despite Covid and injuries.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Some of the stuff you lot manage to pick out whenever Pogba is involved is insane to me

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Mourinho's poor and weirdly disrespectful treatment of squad and bench players has been obvious, and obviously counterproductive.
I mean, at Utd he even went so far as to use a poor result in a game where he for once rotated benched players in (EFL Cup, EL, one of those?) to tell the media why these players don't deserve to play, and why he was right not to play them when the media was asking for them, do you remember that? Think he did a similar thing at Spurs already.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I'm so glad he's finally come out with something in regards to Mourinho. The way Jose treated him during their stint together, one of the two players who kept him in his job far longer than he should have, despite the toxicity he spewed on a daily basis on his players, and managed to sway some into believing his nonsense and getting the fans to turn on their own players....Good on you Pogba. Never really said much until now, most people would have said far worse, far sooner.

Glorio

She seems absolutely desperate for him to rave about how Ole is getting the best out of him but he doesn’t really go there, does he?
She name-checked Luke Shaw specifically in the Q though, so naturally he talked about how Ole's approach works better generally, and goes into how Shaw - arguably our best performer is benefitting

mu4c_20le

"Once I had a great relationship with Mourinho, everybody saw that, and the next day you don't know what happened. That's the strange thing I had with Mourinho and I cannot explain to you because even I don't know. So, yeah."

Mourinho might actually be bipolar.

CG1010

With the recent resurgence in performances of Pogba, him being named captain in the last match (ahead of Bruno as well if I may add) and now this interview, where he praises Ole ( if only in context of contrast with Mourinho), I wouldn't be surprised if some things are happening behind the scene, and Pogba may sign a contract extending his stay here.

OleGunnar20

You love to see it. The cnut deserves no mercy after his behaviour all these years.

Cast5

"Once I had a great relationship with Mourinho, everybody saw that, and the next day you don't know what happened. That's the strange thing I had with Mourinho and I cannot explain to you because even I don't know. So, yeah."

There’s an interview on BT Sports YouTube channel where Rooney says Mourinho dropped him and never told him why or even spoke to him about it, he’s definitely a strange bloke.

DickDastardly

I actually don't like this name calling.

Keep it to your self. A grown man should know when to keep his mouth shut.

And it's not like Paul was was performing the whole time and not flirting with leaving the club....

We'll just get dragged in a mud fight with Jose and it doesn't make too much sense.

RashyForPM

Mourinho's poor and weirdly disrespectful treatment of squad and bench players has been obvious, and obviously counterproductive.
I mean, at Utd he even went so far as to use a poor result in a game where he for once rotated benched players in (EFL Cup, EL, one of those?) to tell the media why these players don't deserve to play, and why he was right not to play them when the media was asking for them, do you remember that? Think he did a similar thing at Spurs already.
This isn’t even that bad in relation to Mourinho. There’s a story that he told the Madrid players to throw the second leg against Barcelona in the CL semi final in 2011 so he could blame the ref for them losing the first leg. Apparently that was what really made Casillas not be able to stand him anymore.

Glorio

I'm so glad he's finally come out with something in regards to Mourinho. The way Jose treated him during their stint together, one of the two players who kept him in his job far longer than he should have, despite the toxicity he spewed on a daily basis on his players, and managed to sway some into believing his nonsense and getting the fans to turn on their own players....Good on you Pogba. Never really said much until now, most people would have said far worse, far sooner.
I do wish for his career sake he waited till he was retired to be honest. It's generally a good rule not to burn bridges (sometimes even in retirement), as I think it was Ruud that said to Rio in his interview that you ultimately cross paths with these guys in one way or another, and you don't want any lingering resentment.

I really hope he never plays some place where they get conned by Mourinho's trophy cabinet and bring him in. That would be awkward on many levels.

Also, this gives José a fight to latch on to in order to distract from the terrible job he's doing at Spurs

The Urban Goose

This isn’t even that bad in relation to Mourinho. There’s a story that he told the Madrid players to throw the second leg against Barcelona in the CL semi final in 2011 so he could blame the ref for them losing the first leg. Apparently that was what really made Casillas not be able to stand him anymore.
If that's true then the man should have no place in management.

It would also indicate that those of us who suspect him of actively sabotaging our games towards the end of his tenure are not complete tin foil hatters after all.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
That sounds bad, but not very credible. My point was something Mourinho said out loud, publicly, to cameras and microphones, to score a point against his own bench players' positive media portrayal.

thepolice123

I think people expecting him to come out raving about Ole are left disappointed. He's still the same player, just playing in a better environment and probably happier.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Mourinho comes across like the perpetrator in a domestic abuse scenario, not physical violence obvious but decide one day to treat someone like shit for no reason to get a reaction out of them. Classic insecure bully technique

You wonder if he's always been like it or whether somethings changed in him

Cloud7

Obviously has massive respect for Ole...lovely little dig in about how Ole ‘knows it’ and how Ole wouldn’t go against the players. I’m sceptical in part about Oles tactics but his man management skills seem superb. No one has had anything but good things to say about him. Also Pogba is having a very good season despite Covid and injuries.
Ole has gotten way more out of Pogba than Jose ever did, all while not being a dick. Makes sense that Pogs would have way more respect for him.

Danny Rose said the samething in the Spurs documentary, Jose doesn't know how to communicate with people.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
He won't say it publicly, but Ole is not going to be happy about this interview. Publicly criticising your previous manager is never something that will sit well with your current one.

Cloud7

Also, I love this. Jose mouths off to the media all the time and drags his player’s names through the mud. It’s about time someone actually hits back at him.