Pogba on the differences between Ole & Mourinho

pav1790

It sounds like Mourninho learned his management style from The Game by Neil Strauss. His preferred method of dealing with resistance is to neg his players. Ole's more of a sensitive metrosexual.
:lol::lol::lol:

What are your thoughts on Pep and Klopp?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
That’s really interesting about Big Ron, and was a particularly bonkers way of going about things when so many of “his” lads were so desperately injury-prone.
Indeed. Then again, if I remember correctly, this story doesn't amount to Big Ron positively ostracizing or otherwise mistreating the players who weren't "his" (unlike Jose, you could say).

So, the players who weren't "his" at any particular time might have considered him a bit of a twat for having favourites - but then again might not have downright resented him. I dunno, to be honest - it's just a story at the end of the day. But I do think it's a more or less true story.

RedDevilzFox

When Mourinho says “I couldn’t care less what he says” in that tone, without a laugh or even mentioning Pogba’s name, you know full well he’s absolutely pissed off that Pogba called him out. It’s telling that he doesn’t address any of Pogba’s points like he normally does with other accusations too.
Or maybe he really doesn't care? Its not like PP has lit his own performances on fire at United. Save for his latest purple patch that has made fans forget PP "wanting to leave united" and his agent telling us how we're not good enough, he's hardly been worth it. Jose was a cancer, I am glad he is gone. But I wish we focus on winning the league and put every other distraction aside.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
A cartoon of an angry Pogba shouting at Jose who is sitting chilling on a sun lounger with a drink not caring.
Sounds like a shite cartoon.

Pogba wasn't angry at all. And Jose wasn't chilling at all. If anything, most people seem to agree that his "don't care" stance came across as a bit desperate.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
It's far from an innocuous interview. It invited journalists to stir the pot by going back to Mourinho to ask about his response to the Pogba comments. Footballers give innocuous interviews literally all the time and for good reason.

Anyway, I don't have a strong opinion of this and actually I quite enjoyed the interview! I just said it was unhelpful and unnecessary to make the comments he did. I'd say the same if Cantona made the same comments in the same situation. Liking a player doesn't mean I have some blind loyalty to them and accept everything they do without criticism.
Well that's what opinions do, spark debate. Debate is fine, indeed important. But fair enough.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I was thinking the same but Mourinho has done it so many times that it's kind of satisfying seeing him get a bit of it thrown back at him.
I used to think he did it to motivate them and wasn't very good at judging who it does/doesn't work for, but if it is even that to start with after a while it just changes to pointless spite. Like when he basically claimed Luke Shaw was too stupid to play at left back. Or the "this is why I don't pick these players" rubbish because we lose one game with Martial and Rashford up front instead of Lukaku.

It was always a bit of a two way thing with Pogba as he likes to play out drama to the media himself which I don't like about him at all, but the difference is with Mourinho there's a nasty and toxic side to it. With Pogba it's more just a character trait...he doesn't end up actively trying to fall out and cause problems with his own team like Mourinho does.

jem

I used to think he did it to motivate them and wasn't very good at judging who it does/doesn't work for, but if it is even that to start with after a while it just changes to pointless spite. Like when he basically claimed Luke Shaw was too stupid to play at left back. Or the "this is why I don't pick these players" rubbish because we lose one game with Martial and Rashford up front instead of Lukaku.

It was always a bit of a two way thing with Pogba as he likes to play out drama to the media himself which I don't like about him at all, but the difference is with Mourinho there's a nasty and toxic side to it. With Pogba it's more just a character trait...he doesn't end up actively trying to fall out and cause problems with his own team like Mourinho does.
True, and you begin to wonder how did Jose have so much success earlier in his career. Did the Real job change something in him? Was he just lucky to have players with the right mentalities at Chelsea and Inter? Whatever it was, it clearly isn't working anymore. I'll admit to having a soft spot for him, despite all this, but I'd never want him anywhere near my team these days.

Craig Ward

Yeah we do.

Has been instrumental for us in the run up to first place, got injured, we nosedived, form has picked up the moment he came back.

He's actually masked a relative dip in performances from Bruno (considering his extremely high standard.)

We simply won't replace the qualities Pogba has in another midfield signing. We need more than one world class player in Bruno.
Rashford can be world class, so can Greenwood. Shaw is the best LB in the league right now. No other club has to pick between two GK's the standard we have. AWB will only improve. We haven't seen the best of Donny, Amad.

We have PLENTY of good things going on at this club bar Pogba.

It's not as black and white as people make out. Yes he's a good player, but he isn't the SOLE reason we do well. He's just a player, like everyone else

bosskeano

one is a grumpy old fvck who's past his best and the other is a PE teacher who doesn't know his best yet