Pogba: "There are things I cannot say, otherwise I will get fined"

tony54

Things have really changed. Maybe folks like me just need to come to terms with reality.

The Manchester United I know, it's manager power over star player power. The manager is the boss and that's final. Players bottle their issues or deal with them behind the cameras. They don't come out to say what Pogba said.

The Manchester united I know, wearing the captain's armband of United is almost sacred. It's like the greatest honour you can bestow a player in world football. You don't wear it and then come out to say stuff like what Pogba said. The United I know, the board is where managerial issues are resolved. Captains don't come out after the first game of the season at home when the team badly needs a rallying cry, to be giving cryptic, unsettling messages to the press.
Unfortunately, this is not the manchester United we know. The man utd we know would not entertain a spoilt brat knobhead like Pogba. The sooner he fecks off the better.

Big Andy

Bloke
It's not really the fault of the fans. It's that no-one trusts what they're being told and why should they? For what it's worth, Pogba's attributed quotes seem to make it more likely than not that he's trying to work an exit, so the flat earthers in this scenario would be the 'move along, nothing to see here' brigade.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Wouldn't you say that most 'reasonable' people have read the statement which Martial gave, where he explained very clearly that his baby was fine and it was his girl who wasn't doing well?
Oh, I'm sorry. His wife was sick after giving birth. He definitely should have just left her, then.

What is wrong with you?

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Oh, I'm sorry. His wife was sick after giving birth. He definitely should have just left her, then.

What is wrong with you?
No one said he should leave. He should simply inform his employers which he did not. Any employee would be expected to do the same.

Micky Targaryen

If Pogba guided us to the title, what would Pogba's chances of winning the Balon D'or?
Maybe that's why he's allegedly desperate to join Barca. This is probably his best chance to win the Ballon d'Or, with the World Cup trophy and a potential league title with Barca.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)

What is wrong with you?
Except for the fact that I didn't say that at all.

You on the other hand made up stuff about a sick baby to criticise our manager. And when I called you out, you react a couple of days later with more made up shite. Well done.

JK-27

I don't believe these Barca stories. The media talk shite, even today they are linking Aaron Ramsey with Barca. Any midfielder is being linked with Barca by the media, despite Barca already having bought a midfielder (Vidal) to complete a midfield 3 with Busquets and Rakatic.

And what about FFP rules? They bought Dembele for €100m, Coutinho for €160m, and they'd need at last €100m for Pogba. Having so many players for such an amount surely can't match FFP rules.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Unfortunately, this is not the manchester United we know. The man utd we know would not entertain a spoilt brat knobhead like Pogba. The sooner he fecks off the better.
Unfortunately, we're not as strong as we were under Ferguson. It's the reality of things.

We'll never get that same level of stability and success for us to be able to do the right things and have a zero tolerance policy on spoiled brats like Pogba, I think.

As such, we're forced to tolerate his nonsense and antics. I only hope we don't stoop too low that we start defending abhorrent behaviour like racism. Ahem.

Unfortunately, we're not as strong as we were under Ferguson. It's the reality of things.

We'll never get that same level of stability and success for us to be able to do the right things and have a zero tolerance policy on spoiled brats like Pogba, I think.

As such, we're forced to tolerate his nonsense and antics. I only hope we don't stoop too low that we start defending abhorrent behaviour like racism. Ahem.
I agree - we just need Pogba to do his business on the pitch. We knew what we were getting into with his agent, so have to take the rough with the smooth.

JK-27

We've already shown we have a zero tolerance policy on Pogba, when Fergie refused to give him the contract he wanted as a teenager, so let him leave.

Pogba has a history of at Utd of thinking he is bigger than he is, let's not forget that.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
I'd bet a fair amount of money Pogba will sign a new contract this season.

Apokalips

I am convinced media members read forums like these. They see the turmoil and opinions and use these to create or further existing narratives.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

"The truth is we are together for two years and a couple of weeks and I've never been so happy with him as I am now," Mourinho said. "That's the truth. I cannot demand more from him, I cannot ask more from him, he came here on a Monday, trained for three days, I asked for his support for his contribution in an important match for us when the team had difficulties, he did it better and for more time than we could expect.

"When he says he did it for the fans and for the team is exactly what I want, is exactly what I demand from my players, he's working well, playing well, he does it for the fans, he does it for the team and that's what I want, to play for the team and I couldn't be happier than what I am."

"I don't care," Mourinho added of Pogba's 'fine' comments. "I repeat: I want him to play well, I want him to play for that team, the fans, and that is what it is. He's working extremely well here but I have to say in his defence, write what you want about him, write what you want about me, please don't say lies. Don't put him in a situation that people can think he's not a polite, educated guy, he is a polite, educated guy. He never had a fight with me. We never had a heated or exchange of words, everything is respected, I have no problems at all."

beedoubleyou

That'll put this shit to bed.
Doubt it. We have a somewhat irrational bunch of fans here who would rather read more into an out of context quote from The Daily Mail or some bullshit from The Sun (a paper, which should surely be banned on here?) than listen to the manager or watch the actual games.

L1nk

So if it's all nonsense and made up media hype and their relationship is brilliant, why has Pogba made these comments? It smacks more of trying to appease Pogba since slagging him off before has backfired and he's kicked up a fuss, either that or Pogba really is just being an asshole for no reason? I don't get it, something doesn't add up here.

Ban

So if it's all nonsense and made up media hype and their relationship is brilliant, why has Pogba made these comments? It smacks more of trying to appease Pogba since slagging him off before has backfired and he's kicked up a fuss, either that or Pogba really is just being an asshole for no reason? I don't get it, something doesn't add up here.
Yes, we must find something. Something is hidden here. Why is he saying that, was he pressured, is he on the back foot, is there something which we don't see. It must be some evil plan of his..

Jesus Christ. I hope some hack will publish some made up article to appease you.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think Pogba probably did have the hump with Mourinho over what he said about the WC but they’ve had a chat and everything is cool again. So Mourinho is trying to put an end to all the drama. No need for any conspiracy theories. Obviously, we’ll need to hear similarly placatory words from Pogba before this finally dies a death.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Whatever the truth, I'm sure Jose's just keen to stop talking about this nonsense and focus on winning football matches. Some would call it being the adult in the room.

Also for what its worth, I don't think Mourinho has slagged Pogba off. He has made some small, valid, criticisms of Pogba but even when doing that he's been careful to balance it with positive statements. Plus Jose has always defended Pogba when the press and pundits have questioned him.

I think Pogba probably did have the hump with Mourinho over what he said about the WC but they’ve had a chat and everything is cool again. So Mourinho is trying to put an end to all the drama. No need for any conspiracy theories. Obviously, we’ll need to hear similarly placatory words from Pogba before this finally dies a death.
If Raiola gets his way there will be more quotes in the mix zone after Brighton, ready for the Monday morning press. As long as Raiola can dangle the carrot of Barca at Pogba I fear this will continue to bubble under the surface. Still, I'm pleased with Mourinho's decision to again try to diffuse the situation.

There has been no sign of Mourinho's so-called 'third season syndrome' since preseason ended. He's praised Pogba, Perreira and Shaw. Turned the temperature down on conflict rather than turning it up. Even accepted that, ultimately, the board calls the shots. It doesn't appear that he's about to explode and throw the club into chaos. I'm glad, United could do with some stability after lurching from pillar to post since Sir Alex.

Last edited:

jmaggio

Pogba is staying and will have a worldy season, José will never have been more motivated to prove the doubters wrong in his life and if shit hits the fan we’ve got Zidane waiting in the wings.

Everything is going to be ok lads.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Personally, I think its may be the case that Pogbas fine comment was more to do with the Martial situation.

L1nk

Yes, we must find something. Something is hidden here. Why is he saying that, was he pressured, is he on the back foot, is there something which we don't see. It must be some evil plan of his..

Jesus Christ. I hope some hack will publish some made up article to appease you.
I hope he does to just so I can post about it and apparently personally offend you some more to the point you have to make some stupid post like that to a post of mine that was valid, as in, curious as to why Pogba said what he said if his relationship with Mourinho is apparently fine and dandy.

Ban

I hope he does to just so I can post about it and apparently personally offend you some more to the point you have to make some stupid post like that to a post of mine that was valid, as in, curious as to why Pogba said what he said if his relationship with Mourinho is apparently fine and dandy.
You didn't personally offend me lad. Relax. Of course your post is valid, you want to see drama when there isn't one. Cheers.

Trophy Room

:lol::lol:

GM K

Unfortunately, you will likely never get that deep insight into the situation you crave. None of us will. So we are left with all the hearsays and the comments from the actual participants. We just have to choose which ones we will believe and which ones we won't. It does make sense to just take the words of the participants for it. That will keep things simple and straightforward.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
It's not a big mystery. Everything's just taken massively out of context and the media have had a field day because so many people went along with the paranoia.

This is what Pogba said eight weeks ago during the World Cup, without getting fined by the way:

"It was a better season that the previous one," Pogba said. "It was an experience. There were some small issues with [Mourinho], but they were nothing in the end. Being a substitute, that sort of thing, it helps you to grow. I have to accept it."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/france/s...issues-with-jose-mourinho-i-have-to-accept-it

shaky

Personally, I think Pogba's been getting bad advice from Raiola, who's trying to drive a wedge between his client and Mourinho for his own financial gain. Jose has sensibly refused to take the bait. Neither Paul or Jose is leaving Utd any time soon, so I'd imagine the whole drama quite possibly ends with Pogba looking for a new agent.