Pogba told the club he wants to leave

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
When he has half the talent of Ronaldo/Messi and a quarter of their determination, we will.
Don't be so daft as to put Pogba in the same bracket as Messi and Ronaldo.
Obviously they're the best in the world but Pogba is in the next bracket, whether you like his personality or not. Any team in the world would have him, we'd be idiots to let him go easily.

Jose is just using Pogba as a scapegoat to get fired IMO. He's tried it with Martial, he's tried it with Mkhi, now Pogba is his next target to belittle.

Just because Pogba uploads a video with 2 of his friends and laughs at Shaw, that means Jose can single him out infront of cameras and have a go at him? absolute maniac.

astracrazy

Obviously they're the best in the world but Pogba is in the next bracket, whether you like his personality or not. Any team in the world would have him, we'd be idiots to let him go easily.

Jose is just using Pogba as a scapegoat to get fired IMO. He's tried it with Martial, he's tried it with Mkhi, now Pogba is his next target to belittle.

Just because Pogba uploads a video with 2 of his friends and laughs at Shaw, that means Jose can single him out infront of cameras and have a go at him? absolute maniac.
Skill wise he might be in the next bracket, but he performs lower than that the most of the time.

Not all, some teams him and his agent wouldn't be worth the hassle.

GHam

He’s a goalkeeper. To which you will probably reply, ‘so what, he’s still a player’, and then if I engage, we will go back and forth for a few posts on semantics ‘yea but you said we only had ONE’.

Long and short is you know what I mean, let’s not do this.
Not sure why we have other members in this forum when you can clearly run it yourself. Have you considered writing drama scripts?

Djemba-Djemba

Three years left on his contract and a WC medal to boost his value. We shouldn't lose money on him at least.
We'll make a good profit if we sell him next Summer, no doubt about it.

Like you said he won the World Cup, and he's a very big celebrity footballer on social media and all that shit.

The fact he's been a huge let down here won't make much difference.

FireballXL5

I'm actually looking forward to the day when he becomes someone else's problem.

Kaarel

I am just wondering which club would be willing to splash big money on him. He'd be a perfect fit for PSG, but I don't know if FFP restricts them.
I think PSG was was cleared of breaking the FPP rules? They can resume their business as usual.
Pogba has been so inconsistent for us I think he could even be considered a flop? Given the price tag.
Carragher made a good point about how the games against Wolves summed him up - scored a fantastic goal and then tries to dribble near the half line, loses the ball and Wolves go on to score.
He really does give away the ball so often.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
No I don’t have anything else, but then, neither do you to say it’s not having any impact on things.
I think there’s enough different opinions amongst us fans to show it’s no stretch to think the players feel the same. Some for, some against, some indifferent. If he didn’t prat about so much when we’re in a tough patch with the media ready to jump on anything we do there wouldn’t even be the possibility of manager/ players potentialy getting pissed at this.

Again, obviously no evidence for this.

But I think ultimately it’s pretty clear Pogba needs to grow up if what he’s doing is not calculated.
So you are assume shit based on nothing ? Ever heard of the concept "innocent till proven guilty" ?? The onus is on you to back your claims. Me, I don't know shit so I don't speculate

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
The attitude of Pogba seems better suited for teams like Madrid, Bayern or PSG.

Man Utd. never was a good place for immature primadonnas.

If you don't like Mou, then go to Ed and say "it's me or him". But wanting to leave means ZERO commitment to Man Utd.

Sell him for at least 150 million and good riddance.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

You think Bayern is a place for immature primadonnas? I very much disagree.

He suits the style and flash of Real and PSG, but he wouldn't fit in at Bayern at all. Those three stooges in the stands would crucify him for stuff like this.

Berba's_Flick

Assuming he wants to leave I would let him. He really isnt as good as he thinks he is. But would still fetch us close to 100 mil, which could be used to really strengthen the team. Honestly I have no love for him and I dont think we will miss him too much. We just might be able to keep the ball better without him in there

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
So you are assume shit based on nothing ? Ever heard of the concept "innocent till proven guilty" ?? The onus is on you to back your claims. Me, I don't know shit so I don't speculate
We're not in a court of law :lol: and a charming response from you. Why do people want to debat so patronisingly and aggressively on here?

I basically said neither of us know what impact it has on the team. You know for sure it doesn't, I may think it does.

And as I said at the end, whether it has impact or not, he needs to grow up. You think he doesn't? And what ever he posts and says on social media or interviews has no effect on how he or his team mates play. That's fair enough.

Schneckerl

250 million, nothing less. 120 million? For a World Cup winner and a young talented footballer? It's pretty sad you think we would only get 120 million.
250 million? For someone with red flags all over the place and where the selling club is in a weak position? Pretty sad if you think someone is stupid enough to offer that.

The Irish Connection

I think he should be benched for the way he is going on, and play pereira, who I think could be excellent with more games.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
250 million, nothing less. 120 million? For a World Cup winner and a young talented footballer? It's pretty sad you think we would only get 120 million.
"Sad" :lol:

You're deluded if you think there's any chance someone's paying 250m for Pogba

el3mel

That might be because the last two years have been wasted on a coach who doesn't know what he's doing.
Even at 24 he was approaching his prime, which is supposed to be at 25-27. Footballers don't drastically change their style at such age. He has been developed on playing this way and we will have to adapt to him if we want to succeed, otherwise, replace.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

If you don't like Mou, then go to Ed and say "it's me or him". But wanting to leave means ZERO commitment to Man Utd.

Just read the teams you support in the tagline.

Seems you won't be able to run away from him!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

He suits the style and flash of Real and PSG, but he wouldn't fit in at Bayern at all. Those three stooges in the stands would crucify him for stuff like this.
It's funny that you say that because PSG hates that and the players are supposed to have lots of clauses in their contracts that sanction and reward their public communication. On the other hand just search "FC Hollywood" with google.;)

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We're not in a court of law :lol: and a charming response from you. Why do people want to debat so patronisingly and aggressively on here?

I basically said neither of us know what impact it has on the team. You know for sure it doesn't, I may think it does.

And as I said at the end, whether it has impact or not, he needs to grow up. You think he doesn't? And what ever he posts and says on social media or interviews has no effect on how he or his team mates play. That's fair enough.
I didn't give my opinion on the subject definitively. Just said speculation based on feck all, means feck all.

poleglass red

His problem is he thinks he's a Ronaldo or Messi type influence which he isn't yet and won't ever be. What he can be and has proven,he is a very good player in a very good team. He was good at Juve in a midfield that contained genuine top world class quality. He wasn't the main man. Same with France, he's useful in a very good team. He did well at the world cup, to me though I felt his performances were overrated, but nonetheless he was good.He is a cog in a machine, he isn't the main man, which we need him to be. He's too childish, his silly haircuts and handshakes etc. He isn't a kid anymore, he needs to show more maturity. He needs to tell his agent to STFU. He needs to get off social media and get his head down and work hard. Utd and Jose right now aren't the right mix for him. I don't see him ever being the right player for us. His work rate etc isn't good enough in the PL. Everyone I know kept harping on about his touch for the Fred goal, and it was sublime, but he was at fault for their goal. I've no doubt he will do well at a Barca or whomever. I've just had enough of his nonsense. We are into season 3 and he still can't be consistent over 90 mins, let alone a run of games.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I look forward to seeing Pogba turning 3 times on the ball just to beat one man for Barca.

Messi will strangle him.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
I'd prefer to keep Pogba because besides him and De Gea we don't have anyone that possesses such high caliber potential. Strip United of him and we'll regress further. It's his third year here and he's still being played out of position, so I fully understand Pogba's frustration, cause career of a footballer is quite short. If you take a good fullback and play him as a centre back, who's mediocre at best for 3 long years or more then you might destroy that player to such an extent that he won't reach the levels of play from the past even in his preferred position. Also factor in that if he wasn't mismanaged he could have gained more experience and progress to become an even better fullback.

Footyislife

Not sure what everyone is smoking on here. Best player on most days, would walk onto any team. Get rid of Mou & get a decent coach ffs.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I didn't give my opinion on the subject definitively. Just said speculation based on feck all, means feck all.
No, the post I first responded to was you using googly eyes smiley questioning a poster for talking about social media and that people couldn’t separate that/the man from the player, which implied to me you was definitively saying it had no affect on anything.
I merely responded saying that was impossible to know and social media could well be having an effect on things. I thought that was fair. We seem to agree in a roundabout way anyway

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It's funny that you say that because PSG hates that and the players are supposed to have lots of clauses in their contracts that sanction and reward their public communication. On the other hand just search "FC Hollywood" with google.;)
Hmz, that's true actually, but their current success (started by LVG harharhar) has seen very little controversy right (Aside from Hoeness going to prison ofcourse)?

This thread is great btw: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/3o7h51/why_were_fc_bayern_called_fc_hollywood/

Last edited:

Mcking

I got Bayern, the club of chaos.

Darlington Padgett

Imagine this brat and Neymar in the same team. Fighting over who has the best haircut or who takes the pen. I don't think they'll go for him, that's too toxic for a manager to handle. Barcelona might take him, they don't seem to have a plan atm just buy any player and try to beat Madrid to a CL now that they don't have Ronaldo.

Smores

I think he should be benched for the way he is going on, and play pereira, who I think could be excellent with more games.
I'd agree with this but in truth it's jusr escalating the problem. Best we can do is just carry on as normal then sell him for 150+ in the summer.

Get a proper no 10 in the summer (Fekir maybe) and we may actually look a far more balanced team anyway.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
I'd agree with this but in truth it's jusr escalating the problem. Best we can do is just carry on as normal then sell him for 150+ in the summer.

Get a proper no 10 in the summer (Fekir maybe) and we may actually look a far more balanced team anyway.
If we play new no 10 as a holding midfielder we'll never get that right balance of play.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Hmz, that's true actually, but their current success (started by LVG harharhar) has seen very little controversy right (Aside from Hoeness going to prison ofcourse)?

This thread is great btw: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/3o7h51/why_were_fc_bayern_called_fc_hollywood/
Van gaal, Robben vs Ribery, PSG vs Bayern, Bayern vs United(Glazers), Guardiola vs medical staff and Ancelotti being allegedly unprofessional. At United none of these things would be normal even today and Madrid has less drama too.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Van gaal, Robben vs Ribery, PSG vs Bayern, Bayern vs United(Glazers), Guardiola vs medical staff and Ancelotti being allegedly unprofessional. At United none of these things would normal even today and Madrid has less drama too.
Hmm well, I still think Pogba wouldn't fit at Bayern :p

I concede that you might be right that my assessment of Bayern as a dramafree club is, well, completely wrong.

Mcking

Skill wise he might be in the next bracket, but he performs lower than that the most of the time.

Not all, some teams him and his agent wouldn't be worth the hassle.
It is the team he plays for. Stick Messi in this our non-team and he would be average and as inconsistent as hell.
Not sure what everyone is smoking on here. Best player on most days, would walk onto any team. Get rid of Mou & get a decent coach ffs.
I think there are like three or four people that never rated him, six or seven that have conflicting opinions and are trying to deceive themselves. The others are pretty much Messi-Ronaldo-lite ultra Mourinho fans.