Pogba

choccy77

Given his previous history with us, the huge fee and wages we pay him, the lack of quality on the pitch and terrible injury stats.

I'd say that arguably he could be our worst signing ever.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He has been injured for months 3 season in a row. We should let him leave for free. Far too injury prone

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The Pogba situation exemplifies everything that's wrong with Man Utd right now.

Here we have a player who for years has wanted to leave the club. He is brilliant, on his day, yet the club has bent over backwards to accommodate him. We have allowed his agent and his entourage to s-t talk the club. We allowed him to swan around the world during his many injury layoffs. We have rejigged our tactics to try and suit him. We have bought players to 'unlock' him.

The story of how Pogba has been treated by United shows how we've become a dog that's wagged by its tail. As long as we continue to indulge 'star' players like this we'll never be a successful team again.

redmanx

A bit? He's been takin a piss moment he walked into Carrington. Came for money and marketing reasons, his PP brand, I wonder how big it was while playing for Juve, and how big it now.

True. Remember how many fans were screaming "give him a neeew contraaact, 500k, 600k whatever. Just so it!!!"
And then he turns to shit as usuall and fanbois full speed ahead, like this one

not his fault at all, it them, all of them, even tea ladies, he gave his best, loves the club, work his socks of, never downed his tools, never flirted with other clubs, only problem is he needs 10 WC players around him to do all the work so he can pass Hollywood pass and be adored.
My thoughts exactly,Ive long believed Pogba cares more about his "brand" marketing and social media than he does about trophies. Why else didnt he get his agent to get him transferred to a team with better chances of winning trophies when his original contract was nearly up? Why did he stay at United? Could it be that with United his "brand" was growing larger and more rewarding? If he had really wanted to leave when his first contract was up nobody and nothing could have stopped him. Ive long doubted Pogbas motives and ambitions.

The Oracle

:lol: Have you got quotes from Lukaku? Anything credible? Or are we taking reports from a reports suggesting perhaps.....

mind you this is A Pogba thread. People talking shite and posting it as fact is 100%
The article can be traced back to Italian football journalist Paolo Condò

How credible is journalist Paolo?
He has been the Italian journalist designated for the ballon d'Or awarded by France Football magazine since 2010.

Shark

@NotShark
It's so predictable he'll have a monster first game back, then the media will say we were daft to ever doubt him, before he reverts to being a hindrance. Deja Vu.

Judas

Open to offers
It's just not logical to give in to his demands with his injury record, as much as I still think he's a great player when he's up for it. Big decisions need to be made at this club, and just letting this chapter end is right up there.

Gutted how it's gone for him and us as a team since his return really.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Wouldn’t be surprised if the £500k has come from Raiola which he’s in discussions with PSG.

clarkydaz

Who is actually driving this offer then. New manager, board, sponsors, Glazers? Who thinks this is good business after our record with a historic failed CEO stepping down

Canagel

I've not seen one link to this so called offer. Anyone reputable reporting this?
The offer doesn't exist.
Why does he have his own medical team though?
The clubs medical team rushed him back from ankle injury in 2019 and made him play on a fractured ankle vs Rochdale. He was rushed back again in December while injured and was forced to get the operation he should have got before, rightly on the advice of his own team.

It's not surprising he didn't trust them again.

hobbers

£400500k a week for Pogba would be so bad for the club in so many ways it would deserve plane banners and protests. Like hiring Brentan levels of bad.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He might just stay.

Unless PSG want to pay more. They are the only other suitor. Barca, Real, Juve likely won't offer more than us.

Besides PSG, who else? Chelsea, City and Newcastle all which are highly unlikely.

I don't even care anymore. We are shite as a whole and he's always injured. He only shines in teams that are perfectly balanced.

I'm just sick of this saga and want it to end.

Canagel

This table is misleading and clearly skewed by the 19/20 season in which his ankle problem first suffered in September was misdiagnosed by the club not once but twice. Exagerrated table. The rest of his muscle injuries after 2019 came after long periods of not being rested following his return in summer 2020.

When his ankle injury is removed from the picture in reality he was no more injury prone than Harry Kane or Kevin de Bruyne were in the same time period.

roseguy64

Have we been sending medical staff to dubai to monitor him?

Ive never heard of a hamstring taking 12 weeks to even start training again
We haven’t, he’s been insisting on his people monitoring his injuries and letting us know when he’s available for selection again. Hard to believe someone isn’t taking the piss.
Rangnick literally saw him this week at Man Utd. There was a video around the time of the Covid outbreak of him driving in to Carrington. Use facts please

roseguy64

Pogba's been at Man Utd since Rangnick made his comments about players not recuperating at the club. The club is actively monitoring his injury FFS

Smores

This table is misleading and clearly skewed by the 19/20 season in which his ankle problem first suffered in September was misdiagnosed by the club not once but twice. Exagerrated table. The rest of his muscle injuries after 2019 came after long periods of not being rested following his return in summer 2020.

When his ankle injury is removed from the picture in reality he was no more injury prone than Harry Kane or Kevin de Bruyne were in the same time period.
So if we remove his longest injury then it's not that bad. Great........

Ranchero

Ask yourself one question. Who is interested in injured prima donna Pogba on the wages he is on. Nobody. That is who? He and Raola have put his name out there and do we see any signs of departure? If he ever left he would have to take a pay cut. And so the stalling is an attempt to see if there is anyone able to pay what we are paying. And theyll have a long wait. Meanwhile the Frenchman cries off sick once again from his retreat with nobody at Man Utd with any meaningful overview of his condition.

One word: Poison.

Ranchero

Couldn't care less about him as a United player any more - the amount of times he's played silly buggers with us is embarrassing. There's a definite undercurrent with him where we choose to believe he actually loves United and wants to stay when all the evidence points to the contrary.

Mino is a great distraction/target for us fans but make no mistake, he works for Pogba and he knows what Pogba wants. Sell Pogba, get someone like Tielemans in as a CM and Sancho and we'd be a far better team overall.
There is a narrative going about that the criticism of Pogba is unfounded and based on race. Which is codswallop. It is all to do with how he and his agent have constantly undermined the club and the team with attempts to leave. Will never forget the public manoeuvrings from Raola that occurred in March, 2019 while we were in the run in to the end of the season in a fight for a Champions League place. And we ended up sixth. Nor the Pogba-Mourinho spat.

Too much talk about him being world class. But on reality he is another big name flop. Why we need to have talks to have him stay after all that has happened is beyond me.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Ask yourself one question. Who is interested in injured prima donna Pogba on the wages he is on. Nobody. That is who? He and Raola have put his name out there and do we see any signs of departure? If he ever left he would have to take a pay cut. And so the stalling is an attempt to see if there is anyone able to pay what we are paying. And theyll have a long wait. Meanwhile the Frenchman cries off sick once again from his retreat with nobody at Man Utd with any meaningful overview of his condition.

One word: Poison.
Best thing PP can do for us is to say no to the glazers no matter how much they offer and go and sign for a club for much less money where they are competitive. Maybe that will finally send them a message . I’m sure he can see it’s golden handcuffs and the club is treading water. He’ll be stuck here getting abused (maybe rightly so) until he’s the next Matic - Mata. The glazers don’t care that players are unhappy. “Will this number change your mind then” it’s soulless and we are going nowhere with them.

Last edited:

Ranchero

He has been injured for months 3 season in a row. We should let him leave for free. Far too injury prone
An injury the club cannot verify as they have had no oversight and certainly not while Solskjaer was at the wheel. Rangnick has admitted this. Pogba is taking the p*** out of the club and has done for some time.

Last edited:

::sonny::

The interesting thing is that he spends the time of his recovery in Dubai and Miami

We paid him for being 18 months at Dubai and Miami in 5 yrs

Ranchero

Wouldn’t be surprised if the £500k has come from Raiola which he’s in discussions with PSG.
Why would PSG take another star who wont put in a shift - track back? Particularly one who isn't as great as he thinks he is.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I'd really like if the business made a statement and just let him go.
Rescind what's on the table and part ways and not on Pogbas terms.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I don't think he's crazy enough to fake an injury nor do I think the club's medical staffs are that daft that they can be tricked by fake injuries. But regardless of that, his injury record only adds more reason not to extend his contract. Henever looked like he enjoyed his time here. We gave him lots of money, we put up with his agent that constantly talked shit about the club, stood by him when his form was unbelievably bad. Pogba at United just never worked the way that both parties expected. Time to let go. We can't tie him to another massive contract on a long period of time. He's not getting any younger.

Frank Grimes

I seriously doubt any club is interested in him. With his injury record and wage expectations he is no longer that enticing as a signing.
If United were to give him a new contract that would be me finished with supporting the club. Relieved from reading this thread that I wouldn't be the only one that holds that view.

Deery

Dreary
I’m not saying he’s faking it but I don’t know another player on the planet that takes months to heal from some of his injuries.