Pogba's best ever united goal?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
With Paul Labile Pogba inching closer away from his love affair with Manchester United, I thought I'd take the opportunity to open up YET ANOTHER Pogba thread.

Now as we all know, Pogba isn't a great goalscorer but he is a scorer of great goals.

We've seen some cracking pogoals in our time. Some that made us go pogboom and some that made us pogshocked.

Pogfans of the world unite as I present to you my all top three.

Please share your pogpinions.

#1 - Swansea

The tekkers on this! It leaves his foot like a first class trip on the orient express :drool:

#2 - BSC Young Boys

Skip to 20 seconds to watch a man with a foot like an intercontinental ballistic missile.

#3 - Aston Villa

Not even a real video because I can't find one. Instead here's some art. Footballing art.

Last edited:

Achilles McCool

Great thread:rolleyes:
First 2 vids are unavailable and the third is a cartoon!
Are you inadvertently making a statement about Pogba’s United career?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Why is he mentioning you in every thread?

My personal favorite was when he scored a lucky free kick earlier this season. It looked great until you saw a replay, never on target and took massive deflection.
Because I complained that there were too many Pogba threads today and that I have been Pogba’s critic since his 10th game for us. It’s all good fun.

tomaldinho1

Favourite was that great goal where Lukaku crosses it form the right and Rashford heads it across goal, only for the Pogba express to complete his lung bursting run from deep and smash it in. It's what I thought he'd be doing for us regularly and where he's most dangerous in my opinion - around the opponents box and coming into the box late. Real shame it looks like he'll be remembered as a let down if he does leave in Jan. From world record signing to substitute in his prime years.

cyril C

No, his best goal was the won the spoiled the City party. Good build up as well.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The City equaliser? It’s the only time I’ve seen him really lift the team with an energetic performance

U99ted

Not his best per se, but his most important 3 would be the City brace and the deflected opener in the Ajax game.

Web of Bissaka

As much as I like individual goals with that beautiful labile techniques, the team play goals are more beautiful to my eyes.

1. Pogba v City - Sanchez cross, Herrera chest pass, Pog poach it in! His anticipating movements, exploring his options and smelling where the goal will be are just so good to watch. He have goalscoring instinct. Shame we're not using this anymore. Great equaliser!

2. Pogba v City - same game, but different goal. Pogba did a delay 1-2 passes with Sanchez then delivering a good deep cross to Pogba running from deep into the box. Beautiful!

That game is also a rare game where both Pogba and Sanchez basically step-upped. Mou revealed narcistically his "don't be a clown" half-time team talk worked wonders.

3. Pogba v Bournemouth - Rashford party tricks and elastico from the Right Wing, and Pogba ready to pounce finish it in.

See, Pogba have poaching instincts, and we're freaking not using it. His ability in the air is also so good. We lacked presence in the box vs park the bus for god sake, and we have the players for it already geez.

Here are all his goals and assists, minus the most recent ones.

:D I just realize, this felt like a farewell thread to Pogba. It's like an appreciation thread. Well, it's not too late, he's still our player and maybe we could convince him to detoxify his virus agent?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That goal against Swansea was lovely.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
All shite goals, never wanted him ever since he was in Le Havre anyway. None can be best when they're all shite.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
All shite goals, never wanted him ever since he was in Le Havre anyway. None can be best when they're all shite.
Its so crazy I remember when we signed him man. I thought he'd be our best midfielder when he made his sub appearance. Crazy times.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Bump, scored two worldies this season away to West Ham and Fulham (and the Burnley one weren't bad either)

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
This was his best by far. Way out, angle against him and on his weaker foot. Wasn’t a swinger either. Great technique

RUCK4444

Yeah last night was his best.
Touch, shift and Boom! Weak foot as well.

Our most in form player at the minute. We need him.

Rolaholic

Last nights might be his most impressive goal skill given how it was the winner and off his weaker foot but my favorite goal of his for us is still against Swansea during his first season

The way the ball just glides into the top corner like a heat seeking missle was ridiculous :lol:

Last edited:

OldTrevil

Those are my top three as well, but in reverse order. There's just something about a clean left foot screamer from a right footer, the definition of a perfect finish

ReddBalls

Last nights might be his most impressive goal skill given how it was the winner and off his weaker foot but my favorite goal of his for us is still against Swansea during his first season

The way the ball just glides into the top corner like a heat seeking missle was ridiculous :lol:
Jesus christ. Is that video edited by an epileptic during a seizure?

Great goal, though.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Yeah, I still think this one is the winner. Still got no idea how he gets over that and keeps it down. Unbelievable goal. The one yesterday is top draw though too!

el3mel

The goal vs Swansea was the best. Yesterday's one is close second.

SirAnderson

When I saw Swansea I thought we all on the same page, turns out its a different one against them. When I saw the thread title, I immediately remembered this one. Just love it...pure filth.

United in sin

The City equaliser? It’s the only time I’ve seen him really lift the team with an energetic performance
His performance against Newcastle when we beat them 3-2 after being down 0-2 at halftime was arguably even more impressive. He played CB in the second half and led from the back. Mourinho was supposedly going to be fired on Monday if we lost that game. Pogba and Mourinho were at odds as well

RedStarUnited

As much as I like individual goals with that beautiful labile techniques, the team play goals are more beautiful to my eyes.

1. Pogba v City - Sanchez cross, Herrera chest pass, Pog poach it in! His anticipating movements, exploring his options and smelling where the goal will be are just so good to watch. He have goalscoring instinct. Shame we're not using this anymore. Great equaliser!
Herreras assist here is just delicious. Whatever you may think of Anders time with us, he had two unbelievable assists away at our fiercest rivals.

11 forwards

Supports
Rosenborg
That first goal vs City is just pure music.

A 3 chord punk song by The Paul Pogbas. I guess.

Three bodies and one head. Marcus & Martial could be more in tune like that.

It's anticipating and reading plays.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
It was a great hit last night - if not his best goal, definitely has the potential to be one of his most important ones. He really is playing some lovely stuff right now, hopefully it continues and he stays injury free. If so, maybe, just maybe, we can win this bloody thing!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

That's possibly the most annoying football video I've ever seen.

youngrell

When I saw Swansea I thought we all on the same page, turns out its a different one against them. When I saw the thread title, I immediately remembered this one. Just love it...pure filth.

I love the way Mkhitaryan uses the pace and spin on the ball to roll the pass around the defender :drool:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It was just great to see a Pogba goal a second time, and see it was actually a supreme strike, rather than being some massively deflected one, or one that's somehow crept through an impossible gap in the keeper's legs.

Chief123

This was his best by far. Way out, angle against him and on his weaker foot. Wasn’t a swinger either. Great technique
I thought his West Ham edges it because of the way he managed to get so much power and curl on a ball that came from that angle.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I thought his West Ham edges it because of the way he managed to get so much power and curl on a ball that came from that angle.
I was split TBF

I loved the way he took it in his stride and as you say, curled it.

What edges it for me was taking the ball
Out of the air so deftly then wrong footing 2 players to give him the space.

But hey, I could look at both goals again and again