Pogba's best ever united goal?

Chief123

I was split TBF

I loved the way he took it in his stride and as you say, curled it.

What edges it for me was taking the ball
Out of the air so deftly then wrong footing 2 players to give him the space.

But hey, I could look at both goals again and again
If he keeps spoiling us for choice, we’ll be happy!

I do feel a bit sad every time I see him play now because he’s finally doing what we’ve wanted on a regular basis but we only have a few months of it left! No matter how inconsistent he may have been, he will be incredibly hard to replace.

redmanx

I've been his critic too but after 10th game... You must be really impatient :lol:
I gave him two seasons. Now, after 4 seasons, he's finally starting to perform like the player we thought we had signed.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I gave him two seasons. Now, after 4 seasons, he's finally starting to perform like the player we thought we had signed.
I'm not sure. He's basically confirmed what many of us have been saying for a while: he performs good in advanced, free role.

There are serious issues with fitting him into the team, so my opinion has not changed on Pogba. We need to sell.

redmanx

I'm not sure. He's basically confirmed what many of us have been saying for a while: he performs good in advanced, free role.

There are serious issues with fitting him into the team, so my opinion has not changed on Pogba. We need to sell.
I agree, there are serious issues re Pogba and his attitude. I imagine the number of games he has played in over the last 4 years and been truly very good and influential in can be counted on the fingers of both hands, certainly no more, and I still believe his sudden resurgence in form, I wont say "return to form" because he barely has any real decent form to return to, is down to him pushing for a transfer; if he wants to go we should let him, I wont be sorry to see him go. Perhaps if he had shown a bit more desire, a bit more passion and enthusiasm re playing for Manchester United a couple of seasons ago I might have felt different towards him; I dont expect any player to play out of his skin every match, but I do expect to see them trying but until very recently all we saw from Pogba was indifference and sulking, both on and off the pitch. Hopefully he can now help us make a real, concerted challenge in the Prem and in a good Cup run and if he comes out and says he wants to stay and be part of Oles revolution and signs a new 3/4 year contract, great, but he wont do that and Ole shouldn't try and persuade him to.

championo

Top Stalker
All nice goals and all, but when I see his videos at Juve, I don't understand why his shots at goal has decreased so much for us. Under some former coaches I can understand because he was used in a position that did not afford for him to get so much forward, but he does not shoot as often as he did in the youth setup or at Juve.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I agree, there are serious issues re Pogba and his attitude. I imagine the number of games he has played in over the last 4 years and been truly very good and influential in can be counted on the fingers of both hands, certainly no more, and I still believe his sudden resurgence in form, I wont say "return to form" because he barely has any real decent form to return to, is down to him pushing for a transfer; if he wants to go we should let him, I wont be sorry to see him go. Perhaps if he had shown a bit more desire, a bit more passion and enthusiasm re playing for Manchester United a couple of seasons ago I might have felt different towards him; I dont expect any player to play out of his skin every match, but I do expect to see them trying but until very recently all we saw from Pogba was indifference and sulking, both on and off the pitch. Hopefully he can now help us make a real, concerted challenge in the Prem and in a good Cup run and if he comes out and says he wants to stay and be part of Oles revolution and signs a new 3/4 year contract, great, but he wont do that and Ole shouldn't try and persuade him to.
There might be some problem with his attitude, but I simply don't rate him as a midfielder. He is a good attacking midfielder what he's been showing lately, but whenever we play any decent team it's a problem what to do with him, especially since we have Bruno.

redmanx

There might be some problem with his attitude, but I simply don't rate him as a midfielder. He is a good attacking midfielder what he's been showing lately, but whenever we play any decent team it's a problem what to do with him, especially since we have Bruno.
True, I would never pick Pogba before Bruno.

lysglimt

Scout
I feel the smartest thing we can do with Pogba is put him out on the right in attacking 4-2-3-1 - but to gave him space to do what he wants.

Any 2 of Fred/McT/Matic in central midfield - Bruno in the central attacking role, Pogba to the right and any 2 of Martial, Rashford and Cavani as left winger/striker

Keeping Pogba out on the right makes it far less dangerous when he loses the ball (which is the con with Pogba) - he has AWB as cover, and it's not an immediate danger to lose the ball. But he is good enough to do things like he did against Fulham.

United58

He got a great one against Swansea years ago.

I feel the smartest thing we can do with Pogba is put him out on the right in attacking 4-2-3-1 - but to gave him space to do what he wants.

Any 2 of Fred/McT/Matic in central midfield - Bruno in the central attacking role, Pogba to the right and any 2 of Martial, Rashford and Cavani as left winger/striker

Keeping Pogba out on the right makes it far less dangerous when he loses the ball (which is the con with Pogba) - he has AWB as cover, and it's not an immediate danger to lose the ball. But he is good enough to do things like he did against Fulham.
He tends to prefer the left, and was/is better there for Juve, France and us. Having said that, I wouldn't be against trying it - we haven't really had a right winger since... Nani?