Pogba's contract offer

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Why are people acting like this is new information? He's going.

Cloud7

Maybe Ten Hag finally is the manager to get the best out of him...

If he stays we need to have some hope.
The biggest issue with Pogba is that he spends at least half the season injured these days. I have no doubt ETH could probably make use of him in some way or form but he’s become way too injury prone. No point having a player around who is missing half the time.

pascell

Why are people losing their shit over Di Marzio tweet? We've known for months now that we've offered Pogba a new deal on improved terms. It's Pogba himself who has thus far been reluctant to sign on the terms offered.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He could stay. He won't get his 400k anywhere else.

At least now he might shut up about Real. They won't even take him for free.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Wait, so no one is even matching his current wage? I doubt it, but I hope that will give him a wake up call, that basically means no one thinks he's even worth 30m as an actual fee.

290k a week would be 75.4m over 5 years, as a free transfer that wouldn't be so bad, but he's that inconsistent, injury prone and a walking circus that no one is willing to even sacrifice that.

Means that West Ham valued Zouma more than anyone would value Pogba.

He's finished at the top level regardless, he'd be better off accepting 180k at Juve.

hobbers

Why are people losing their shit over Di Marzio tweet? We've known for months now that we've offered Pogba a new deal on improved terms. It's Pogba himself who has thus far been reluctant to sign on the terms offered.
Because it implies the offer is still on the table, and reminds us how deranged our board is when it comes to valuing players.

dove

Wait, so no one is even matching his current wage? I doubt it, but I hope that will give him a wake up call, that basically means no one thinks he's even worth 30m as an actual fee.

290k a week would be 75.4m over 5 years, as a free transfer that wouldn't be so bad, but he's that inconsistent, injury prone and a walking circus that no one is willing to even sacrifice that.

Means that West Ham valued Zouma more than anyone would value Pogba.

He's finished at the top level regardless, he'd be better off accepting 180k at Juve.
Which club would realistically be stupid enough to match those wages? PSG possibly the only option. All other options would require him reducing his wages significantly I would guess because he hasn't exactly set the world alight during his tenure here.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Which club would realistically be stupid enough to match those wages? PSG possibly the only option. All other options would require him reducing his wages significantly I would guess because he hasn't exactly set the world alight during his tenure here.

Completely agree, but I'm assuming that he and his team thought he'd have loads of clubs knocking down his door for 400k+ a week, but he can't even get them to offer him 200k a week plus a decent signing on bonus (say 20m for a free transfer) - which would work out at roughly his current wage.

He's probably been offered 200-250k a week all in, which even then its too much, but hey, he's free so he may get that much (which is still a pay cut).

At the end of the day, his main asset is the fact he's a free transfer, and that should hit him like a train.

lsd

The Oracle
Brilliant news if true. Our only good midfielder might stay.

No wonder fans are unhappy about it :confused:

Chripper

Due to current events I'd be shocked if Pogba could wipe his own bum.

Offer him £10k pw and some magic beans.

Let's see if he takes it.

Last edited:

Corridor of Uncertainty

I won't lie, if we give Pogba and Lingard new deals, any excitement I have for next season with Ten Hag arriving will go out the window.

We'll find out over the next month or so if this club has really changed. I'll go out on a limb and say it hasn't.

Gazza

I’m sticking to my guess that Pogba has already signed a contract somewhere else. That interaction he had with the booing fans at Old Trafford the other week doesn’t suggest he is going to be playing here next season.

Red-17

He is by far our best midfielder and the only one who can actually pass the ball
He has a flashy long pass on him, but his short passing is actually pretty average compared to top midfielders. He also gets caught on the ball way too much for his passing ability to be worth it. This is all ignoring the fact that he has some of the worst defensive awareness of any supposed central midfielder.

CarbonStoolBites

He is by far our best midfielder and the only one who can actually pass the ball
I don’t know about that. Incredibly dangerous player to have in midfield when the other team is in an attacking transition, he is ridiculously slow, so slow, yeah he can pass but he’s far too inconsistent and injury prone so the cons hugely outweigh the pros.

We need to move on from Pogba, he’s been a failure, seriously, time to move on.
He’ll be a baller again in a slow league like Serie A or staring against Albania or Finland for France or something.

roseguy64

What’s his actually wages at the moment is it £350,000?
No he's on around 290k/week. Going by DiMarzio, we're offering him roughly that amount again and other teams are trying to get him for less than that. No improved wages so the talk of 400k or 500k seems to be overblown.

This will be sorted at the end of the season when ETH talks with the players at the club. If he wants Pogba to go then Pogba will go.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I keep my fingers crossed that he is leaving.
If nobody offers him £400k or whatever the offer from MUFC is, he may stay, in which case, we are screwed.
This man has rarely put in good performances for us and needs to leave asap. I'd push him out today if I could.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I won't lie, if we give Pogba and Lingard new deals, any excitement I have for next season with Ten Hag arriving will go out the window.

We'll find out over the next month or so if this club has really changed. I'll go out on a limb and say it hasn't.
Lingard is definitely going.
If he is forced to stay, I wouldn't put it past him to go on strike.

But like you said, I don't believe the club has changed. I think we will continue to hang onto deadwood players like Jones, Pogba and Lingard and beg them to stay.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Except when he is on the pitch in a United shirt

hobbers

If Ten Hag is as good as people say he is surely it's on him to fix that
If he's as good as people say he'll get rid of crocks like Pogba, rather than damage his chances wasting money and a squad number on someone who's career and reputation as a top player ended 4 or 5 years ago.

AlexUTD

If you trust Ten Hag then you should trust his signings and the players he keep.

Nicolarra90

If he stays hopefully Ten Hag can solve the pogblem. He's still our most technical player in midfield and the best when interested.

If we become a system team and give him mainly creative and offensive duties he might recover his interest and hunger for winning.

I wouldn't put this season as a parameter as everything has been crap and everyone is unhappy and unmotivated. Only Ronaldo keeping his head up but that's because his mentality is out of the norm.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If Ten Hag is as good as people say he is surely it's on him to fix that
Not really. Pogba has had what, 6 years and 2 different managers to give him his chance?
He allegedly wants 400k a week to stay. What’s he shown to deserve that? How do we get rid of him if the next manager also can’t get consistency out of him? It’s time to forget about him and get the balance of the team right

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Not really. Pogba has had what, 6 years and 2 different managers to give him his chance?
He allegedly wants 400k a week to stay. What’s he shown to deserve that? How do we get rid of him if the next manager also can’t get consistency out of him? It’s time to forget about him and get the balance of the team right
Plus I imagine we would be stupid enough to offer him a long term deal.

Liverpool don't want to do this for Salah, a far better player, out of worried they will be left with a high earner who is past his peak.