Pogba's contract offer

Moriarty

As far as why United is trying to renew him, I suspect it's not solely because they just love what he's been doing here, but it's not to have the embarrassment of losing him on a free for a second time in his United career and to be able to eventually sell him on.
Bloody expensive way to avoid embarrassment. I think he should go, on a free, and damn the consequences.

Jezpeza

What a great opportunity we have to clear some vastly overpaid, under-performing, sulkers from the wage bill. Without Pogba, Lingard, Cavani and probably Ronaldo saves us around £1 million a month in wages and will give us the chance to bring in 3 or 4 hungry talented players and probably still have 500k a week spare (transfer fees excluded)
its a good point. Apparantly, a lot of clubs work on a ‘playing’ budget which includes wages, agent fees and transfer fees. So getting rid of pogba and his wages adds £15m leeway to that budget. Not as clear cut as a transfer kitty as i once thought

Green_Red

He was offered a contract, he rejects the offer, why do you need to rescind it? He has rejected it so the club doesn't need to rescind it, it's been rejected.

He should never have played for the club again after the bullshit with his agent when Ole was here. That was the beginning of the end for Ole accepting that crap and then playing him again. Ole lost credibility at the point imo.

clarkydaz

He was offered a contract, he rejects the offer, why do you need to rescind it? He has rejected it so the club doesn't need to rescind it, it's been rejected.

He should never have played for the club again after the bullshit with his agent when Ole was here. That was the beginning of the end for Ole accepting that crap and then playing him again. Ole lost credibility at the point imo.
he hasnt rejected it until he signs elsewhere. thats the worry

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Bloody expensive way to avoid embarrassment. I think he should go, on a free, and damn the consequences.
I just struggle to think of any other reasons they'd be willing to give him another huge contract, it clearly hasn't worked here.
That's all on Woodward, who's thankfully fecked off now.
Sure, but it's still on United's balance sheet, Woodward isn't financially responsible for the total loss Pogba's been overall. I get that United is a rich club, so they can just call it a loss and move on, but as I said, couldn't figure out what other reasons besides getting a transfer fee they'd have to give him a contract.

clarkydaz

I just struggle to think of any other reasons they'd be willing to give him another huge contract, it clearly hasn't worked here.

Sure, but it's still on United's balance sheet, Woodward isn't financially responsible for the total loss Pogba's been overall. I get that United is a rich club, so they can just call it a loss and move on, but as I said, couldn't figure out what other reasons besides getting a transfer fee they'd have to give him a contract.
Because we are sponsor and media driven

OleGunnar20

For the love of god recind it. He's a distraction at best, toxic influence at worst. Inconsistent, injury prone, lazy and aging - Please United decision makers, just move on already.

Morpheus 7

He's useless, not like it will be a big loss. When it matters he goes hiding, be perfect for psg.

soapythecat

Why on earth do you think Pogba even puts a second of priority into the champions league!?
He's all about the benjamins and the social media hits.
PP is a brand, and that brand suffers if he's not playing on the biggest platform. Moving to United is one of the biggest platforms in world football, regardless that we were out of the CL when he joined, and by getting in the CL he instantly gets a pay rise too - which we did the following season. No CL football is less money for him and less prestige - think of the social media hits he gets by playing CL for PSG next season. He's gone and good riddance.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
PP is a brand, and that brand suffers if he's not playing on the biggest platform. Moving to United is one of the biggest platforms in world football, regardless that we were out of the CL when he joined, and by getting in the CL he instantly gets a pay rise too - which we did the following season. No CL football is less money for him and less prestige - think of the social media hits he gets by playing CL for PSG next season. He's gone and good riddance.
Yes, I'm not saying him staying is what I want - I'm as sick as anyone of the hype, the holding 3 players off before losing it on the half way line and putting us under pressure, the haircuts getting so much buzz, the missing 40% of every season, and always the Liverpool games.

I just don't think it's a given that we're not dim enough to put a ridiculous offer of 500k a week in. And for 4-5 years too.

gorky_utd

Looks like he doesn't even have the stamina for PL matches now a days. Get rid asap.

Red00012

We gave Bruno a massive payrise even though he has beeb rubbish for a while and had years left on his contract. We just do stupid things as a club dont we. No suprise.
He was on a low contract for a key player he’s missed about what 10 games since he joined 3 years ago and he looks around the dressing room and see a lot of the squad on double what he earns. What do you think was going to happen ? What would you do ?

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
I like Pogba bu he shouldn't be playing for us next season, we are past getting the right players/manager to get the best out of him. Resigning him was a mistake, let's just move on

UpWithRivers

I bet he signs a new contract. Who's stupid enough to give him 500 grand a week or however much he wants apart from us?

GoldanoGraham

I bet he signs a new contract. Who's stupid enough to give him 500 grand a week or however much he wants apart from us?
It’s worrying that he hasn’t just come out and said ‘I’m off’ - and his gob-shite agent has been very quiet as well……I know that he would be off in a heart beat if a like for like offer was on the table…..but it clearly isn’t…..when you see rumours that PSG are offering Mbappe £125m over 2 seasons then they aren’t going to be offering Pogba an inflated package……I really really hope that Ralf has advised the board to retract their offer as this could end up being another Sanchez disaster. Under no circumstances should we resign PP. He isn’t cut out for the EPL and his best days are already well behind him. Let’s move on.

Giggsy13

Reality is going to hit Pogba’s ego hard, no big club in their right mind is going to give him tbe wages he’s demanding unless it’s us, which will only goes to show nothing has changed.

m1tch

He's gonna sign a new deal with us just to spite us all. Awful and inevitable.

Blood Mage

It's never going to work out for him here, I'm convinced of that. Idiotic of the club to even try to convince him to stay, it's in the best interests of both parties if he leaves.

Sparky Rhiwabon

You don’t have to withdraw an offer when the player is actively negotiating with other teams. This is like sending a break up text to an ex who’s having sex with the entire school rugby team.
Well, you sort of do, because if he comes back and agrees to the offer, that’s a contract in law

OverratedOpinion

Removing the offer publicly sounds incredibly petty to me.

He is leaving and if he decides to accept the offer and we change our minds then we can just not give him the contract. I would hope that even at the worst of times we are a bit better than publicly coming out and saying "well we don't even want you so there!" to a player who is clearly not going to sign the contract.

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
Pogba's reported contract offer of 400k is the main reason why im so pessimistic about this club.

For all the sh*te we've had to deal with, with his agent, and for all his 'couldnt care less' performances on the pitch... for us to then offer 400k is beyond belief.

We deserve everything we get, we'll go nowhere with these owners.

TheRedDevil2019

Looks shot physically. I think Pogba peaked 2 years ago. Pretty sad state of affairs seeing as he's only 29. I'd say get rid, he needs to go to a slower paced league.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If ETH is coming, I don't think wed be putting this offer to Pogba.

jesperjaap

Its blindgingly obvious he wont sign a new contract, the long injyr lay off living abroad and since he has come abck, has looked as others have mentioned half arsed, deservedly on the bench even with the awful way we are playing.

Still find it crazy we didnt cash in on him while he still held value after doing little for any consistent period here.....and yet we are not learnign from those mistakes, we will do similar with Rashford if he doesnt force a move and already doing the same with others

big rons sovereign

Pogba signs new contract.....nobody cares.

Pogba turns down contract and leaves on a free....nobody cares.

redmanx

This is united remember, he'll be offered a new 5 year 500k a week contract.
If that happens then I'll have to seriously reconsider renewing my season ticket. I would still be totally Manchester United but I'm not happy about contributing towards Pogbas exhorbitant wages should he be given another contract.

redmanx

I've been in Paris over the last few days, on our way back to sunny Manchester now!
I've spoken to a few PSG fans & French nationals in bars, they all said the same thing: Pogba is finished as a footballer, both at club level & for the national team. I was a little shocked I thought he was revered by the French people.

Interesting one guy said Pogba's family/entourage (can't remember which) are only interested in partying & are not welcome in Paris.
Pogba has not been popular in France for some time.

IrishLegend

You don’t have to withdraw an offer when the player is actively negotiating with other teams. This is like sending a break up text to an ex who’s having sex with the entire school rugby team.
Actually you do. Until an offer is rescinded it can be accepted. It doesn’t matter if he’s negotiating with other clubs or not, by withdrawing the offer he can no longer fall back on that offer if, for example, he only is getting offers half of what United are offering.

It also reduces his leverage in negotiating a contract with another club.

Laurencio

Who’d want to sign him if you’ve watched him this last few years?
I think this is the problem it will come down to. He'll be on the cusp of being a free agent and realise that no one is going to pay him as much as we are, and decide to stay on and sign a massive contract which will make it impossible for us to ship him on.

That or PSG does us a solid.

Statue of Limitations

Reality is going to hit Pogba’s ego hard, no big club in their right mind is going to give him tbe wages he’s demanding unless it’s us, which will only goes to show nothing has changed.
Agreed, and in fact I can only think of PSG when trying to imagine a club that would shower him with cash for the profile alone.
So sad that it hasn't worked out with Pogba, thought he would be a Cantona for us.