Pogba's contract offer

TsuWave

Were United fans always this emotional or is it a byproduct of United being shit?

Giggsy13

Sorry, no I cannot
He’s had some good moments but too far in between. The 2017 Europa cup final, vs. Arsenal away at the emirates (though he was red carded) and at the ethiad away in 2018. Can’t really think of any others. What an absolute failure of a transfer.

Last edited:

Banana Republic

The offer should be quietly withdrawn and Utd should have a few words with PSG, RM or anyone else who might remotely be interested, warning them about his various shortcomings, that he’s injury prone and a terrible influence in the dressing room.
Tell them they’d be crazy to offer him a contract.
Hopefully no big or attractive offers will be available as a result and he’ll end up without a club.
Sounds petty, but he and his slimy cnut agent have it coming to them.
They’ve treated Utd and it’s fans with contempt over the last couple of years.
See how they like their own chips pissed on.

I can dream……

croadyman

He’s had some good moments but too far in between. The 2017 Europa cup final, vs. Arsenal away at the ethiad (though he was red carded) and at the ethiad away in 2018. Can’t really think of any others. What an absolute failure of a transfer.
Yeah that's the extent of his Utd career (pt2)

Banana Republic

Yeah that's the extent of his Utd career (pt2)
Yep !
Not a lot if return for the £170m + or so he’s cost us in the transfer fee and wages over the last 6 years.
A diabolical waste of a humongous amount of money,

Mylock

Removing the offer publicly sounds incredibly petty to me.

He is leaving and if he decides to accept the offer and we change our minds then we can just not give him the contract. I would hope that even at the worst of times we are a bit better than publicly coming out and saying "well we don't even want you so there!" to a player who is clearly not going to sign the contract.
Removing the contract is exactly what should have been done. The club should have been making a statement that he got his offer and time to move on.
Player power has caused so many problems at United and needs to change.

AndySmith1990

He's a waster and I've not looked forward to a United player leaving the club so much in my life. I'll actually celebrate as if we've scored a last minute winner when Pogba and his irritating mate Lingard officially leave.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
If Pogba signs an extension, I'm done with the club. That's where I'd know the people in charge are not serious about competing.

OverratedOpinion

Removing the contract is exactly what should have been done. The club should have been making a statement that he got his offer and time to move on.
Player power has caused so many problems at United and needs to change.
What does that actually look like to you?

You want us to publicly say that we are removing an offer when it is clear for everyone to see it won't be signed anyway? We barely play him, everyone knows he isn't signing it and we have not made an improved offer. We are clearly moving on, we are just not being petty about it in public.

OmarUnited4ever

What does that actually look like to you?

You want us to publicly say that we are removing an offer when it is clear for everyone to see it won't be signed anyway? We barely play him, everyone knows he isn't signing it and we have not made an improved offer. We are clearly moving on, we are just not being petty about it in public.
Exactly, I don't get what the OP expects from the club.

Pogba wants to leave, wanted to leave for a while, the club offered him a new contract in July 2021, Pogba never signed and never showed any intention to sign it, by all accounts he is leaving.

The club withdrawing the offer is a pointless and a redundant exercise.

VinchNow

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Liverpool
Which club is interested into signing him ?
I can't see him going anywhere else than PSG or Juventus or perhaps Newcastle ?

Varun1

In a ideal world, ETH has agreed to join us and informed the board that Pogba won't suit his style.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
It would honestly be mad if a contract was still on the table, especially for the money being touted.

He hasn't done enough to prove he's worth anywhere near what he's on now let alone an increase.

Smithy89

He's one of the biggest charlatans we've had in the squad since 2013.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I've been in Paris over the last few days, on our way back to sunny Manchester now!
I've spoken to a few PSG fans & French nationals in bars, they all said the same thing: Pogba is finished as a footballer, both at club level & for the national team. I was a little shocked I thought he was revered by the French people.

Interesting one guy said Pogba's family/entourage (can't remember which) are only interested in partying & are not welcome in Paris.
French fans aren't stupid. They can appreciate what he can do for the national team while recognizing his limitations for club football and also the bagage he'd bring (salary+signing bonus+ Raiola). They're a bit wrong when it comes to France, he can still perform well there

Revaulx

Sorry, I should have mentioned nobody with a functioning brain. :nervous:
:lol:

I won't be apoplectic if he re-signs, though I'd rather he didn't. A big pay rise for an increasingly injury-prone 29 year old who's always been a bit of a luxury and (presumably) no other club was interested in would launch my brain into the non-functioning category...

big rons sovereign

:lol:

I won't be apoplectic if he re-signs, though I'd rather he didn't. A big pay rise for an increasingly injury-prone 29 year old who's always been a bit of a luxury and (presumably) no other club was interested in would launch my brain into the non-functioning category...
Yeah, he's been somewhat underwhelming.

Cloud7

I am curious as to where the Pog ends up. Pre Xavi I could have imagined Barcelona but I can't see it now. With Real that seemed to die after Zidane but you never know with them. Can't see Bayern at all. Too disruptive. PSG are probably the front runners. Can't see him at City or Klopp's Liverpool. There's always Newcastle I guess

youmeletsfly

I am curious as to where the Pog ends up. Pre Xavi I could have imagined Barcelona but I can't see it now. With Real that seemed to die after Zidane but you never know with them. Can't see Bayern at all. Too disruptive. PSG are probably the front runners. Can't see him at City or Klopp's Liverpool. There's always Newcastle I guess
Madrid need a back up for Kroos and he would fit there, even though he won't play every game.
He ain't going to Newcastle or a smaller club, that will damage his brand.

Hammondo

Hes far from a Barcelona type player, always has been.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Except bad apples behave at other club. Cue suarez.

Pogba would tow the line at bayer

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
In the summer he’ll no longer be our problem but the club will still find a way to con itself out of £millions over his departure. It’s The United Way.

MayfieldsFinest

I'm glad he's going but I don't entirely blame him for underperforming. We've not used him correctly. He needs a top class midfield brain alongside him and we don't have that, we bought him to be that but it's not his game. He would have been brilliant alongside Carrick.

Reactions: Fortitude

wise_old_man

We should withdraw the offer. Knowing raiola he'll whore him across europe and when it doesnt bear fruit he'd crawl back to sing 400k per week contract. Should really just withdraw
Let's wait til the whole of European top clubs ignore Pogba. Then we offer him a 100k/week contract (Still with lots of bonus if he actually performs). That's the only way for us to gain some actual respect.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It's 100% PSG.

PSG are a free contract predator and he is arguably one of the main and well known French players.

Verrati - Pogba - Widjnaldum
Messi - Mbappe - Neymar
They will try find a manager that can manage that than letting a manager build up his own team.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'm glad he's going but I don't entirely blame him for underperforming. We've not used him correctly. He needs a top class midfield brain alongside him and we don't have that, we bought him to be that but it's not his game. He would have been brilliant alongside Carrick.
The thing is, his agent and pr people market him like a world class player when he needs to ride the coat tails of more disciplined players to be effective.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
True if only he gave his all then fair play

But he's part of the big problem.

Zlatattack

It's 100% PSG.

PSG are a free contract predator and he is arguably one of the main and well known French players.

Verrati - Pogba - Widjnaldum
Messi - Mbappe - Neymar
They will try find a manager that can manage that than letting a manager build up his own team.
They should try Ancelloti. He's always been great with big egos.

MayfieldsFinest

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
That's from last year. Whilst I didn't read it fully - Pogba seems like one of those guys who pretends like he never wanted to leave and makes the media think like he hasn't payed attention to his contract running out because he cares more about the football he is currently playing (like herrera did)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...aul-pogba-psg-transfer-news-b2051873.html?amp

r1z3mu

There is a reason as to why "virus" didn't reject our offer completely. He is waiting to see what other teams will offer. Let's say PSG or Real offer only 350K a week. He might say "Let me stay with this club - anyway they are dumb enough to pay me more than anybody". I really want him gone. I really do.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Still awaiting the big news that he's signed on with us for 6 years at 600k a week.

soapythecat

Why do folk have it in their head that there is an open offer on the table? Is that how clubs operate now - I very much doubt it.
If Pogba was to change his mind and remain at the club, then the offer would need to be renegotiated - this is almost a guarantee given who his agent is.
Would Pogba get a contract now? I doubt it. It would need to be big and I’m not sure anyone at the club would see this as value for money - his stock isn’t that high at the moment and his star has faded.
That said, it wouldn’t surprise me if there was a quick announcement saying he’s signed a new contract. If Fernandes can get one this season, Pogba has been equally poor and lethargic. I’d be raging.