Pogba's contract offer

allen7

Bruno and Pogba are similar kind of players and its apparent Bruno’s success has shown how much of a failure Pogba was. He’ll do well in PSG in the easier french league due to the lack of quality teams, he’ll be pressed or dispossessed lesser. Basically, the league suits for his laziness and he will take down players using his physicality.

Finally, Bruno’s contract extension signalled the end of Pogba.

hobbers

Ranking Pogba's talent is pretty tough considering he's been consistently awful in almost every big game against decent sides in the last 4 seasons or so, quite similarly to Bruno.

Sure he can ping passes about against Fulham or Newcastle but against your Liverpools or even Arsenals and Leicesters he's just constantly bullied with the ball and makes only negative impact without it. If the opposition dont give him time for extra touches and are physical against him he's absolutely hopeless.

No doubt someone will say something about his 2 goals against City, but he was shit in that game as well, aside the runs for the goals.

tjb

Ranking Pogba's talent is pretty tough considering he's been consistently awful in almost every big game against decent sides in the last 4 seasons or so, quite similarly to Bruno.

Sure he can ping passes about against Fulham or Newcastle but against your Liverpools or even Arsenals and Leicesters he's just constantly bullied with the ball and makes only negative impact without it. If the opposition dont give him time for extra touches and are physical against him he's absolutely hopeless.

No doubt someone will say something about his 2 goals against City, but he was shit in that game as well, aside the runs for the goals.
I think people have to be honest about superstars in big games. If the team is not playing well and can't support them, any no. 10 is going to struggle. United already have massive issues in building up against easier opposition, imagine how difficult and isolating it would be to be a creative attacking player in those games. It's far easier for the goal scorers, as one moment of weakness for the opposition can lead to an opportunity, but for a creative player who has to receive the ball in a midfield that is shut out by the opposition, it's almost impossible.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yes off course he does same as any footballer he has to take some blame if he performs badly but in his case he has shown he is world class when used properly.

That's not his fault at United
He has been used in multiple positions at United and been accommodated a lot. He has also never shown he is world class over a season anywhere

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
People really don’t know ball anymore if you think Pogba is our worst midfielder.

Idiots lying to themselves because he and the club have been badly managed since his arrival.

Pogba still our only WC winner and might have another by the end of the year.
Pogba played under Mourinho and Jose hated him. Now Jose may be past his prime but he is still a top manager and if you cannot show your quality under him, chances are you are not world class.

I don't even care enough to criticize Pogba, anymore. Watever he is, good or bad, clearly we are better off without him

jackal&hyde

I really hope we give him a huge raise and sign him for another five years just to see the meltdown on here.
Me too :lol:

On a serious note, I think he goes. But, in the unlikely event he stays, it will be at the desire of the new manager. We will need to put all of our biases aside and trust the manager no matter what players he decides to get rid, keep or sign. The negative influence of a certain agent is gone plus Pogba like all our other players have not had a good developed system to play in during his time here. If we can admit that both Mourinho and Ole were poor choices that did little credit to whatever talent level some of the players might have, then Pogba should also be given a bit of slack.

redsunited

Pogba is jack of all trade, master of none in midfield positions. Is he a 8, 10 or 11? There are a handful of players better than him in each positions in all top leagues. 8 - Slow & Defensive liability, 10 - Not a goalscorer, 11 - lacks creativity.
I used to rate him highly in initial years at United. After all these years, he is an average player(never world class) who is good in some aspects, liability in some. What he offers in football field is not worth the negative press and wages. He is not vital part of rebuild. If we go back to restructure the wages for the rebuild after woodwards era, Pogba should be the first one to leave out.

Regarding the thread, contract renewal is never on the cards. Pogba is out of united even before the season started as free transfer & signing on fee beckons.

Last edited:

Blindpew

I’ll be glad to see the back of him. He always looks like he’s not really putting enough effort in and in my eyes that’s unforgivable. I know his qualities are in other areas but I don’t recall any game where he’s left everything on the pitch.

Let’s be honest, could you see him doing what Ole did against Newcastle all those years ago?

Ole’s qualities are in scoring goals but fans also loved him for the time he sprinted the length of the pitch to scythe down the opponent who was about to score.

Pogba would have jogged. Bye bye Jogba.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He will leave for lower pay.
Unlike some, I do not believe he's motivated by money.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He will leave for lower pay.
Unlike some, I do not believe he's motivated by money.
He also won't be offered the same money he is getting here from anyone else, so it's not really by choice.

mctrials23

I think people have to be honest about superstars in big games. If the team is not playing well and can't support them, any no. 10 is going to struggle. United already have massive issues in building up against easier opposition, imagine how difficult and isolating it would be to be a creative attacking player in those games. It's far easier for the goal scorers, as one moment of weakness for the opposition can lead to an opportunity, but for a creative player who has to receive the ball in a midfield that is shut out by the opposition, it's almost impossible.
If you have a couple of star players in a dysfunctional team the obvious tactic is just to eliminate their influence from the game. Any team that plays United knows that if you stifle Bruno and Ronaldo 80% of your job is done. This has been our problem on and off for years. Our players rarely know where their teammates will be or where their next pass will be so they have to stop, take a look and take stock of where everyone is and then make a decision. City, Liverpool etc don't have to do that. They know where their teammates will be. They know where there will be an outlet and because 90% of the time they don't even have to think, when they do have to make a decision, chances are good that they have a bit of time and space to make that decision because the opposition hasn't had time to rearrange and close down their options.

Watching us against every team this season its been horrifying to see how poorly we are drilled in our build up. Slow, ponderous, obvious and telegraphed. The opposition get the ball back and they carve through us like we aren't there. The move into space, make little runs and play one-twos. We get the ball back and its slow slow slow again.

RedDevilUnited369

If you knew what people in here have in coaching way (level of licence) and sport CV you would not talk like that. So my advice is that you stop saying we are idiots. We don't need to lie. Everyone can see what he does and doesn't on the pitch.

David May is both Champions League and Premier League winner but you wouldn't say that he is better then some centerbacks we had last couple of years.
Yet you are here instead of working for a top club. I wonder why that is?

Is it because you think Mctoninay, Fred, Matic, Lingard, Mata are all better than Pogba?

Our worst midfielder? Really?

I shouldn’t hurt feelings by calling you an idiot, but I can point out idiotic things that you say.

People actually playing with and most notable against Pogba literally laugh at these ludicrous takes from online fans.

There are reasons why it’s time for Pogba to leave. Saying he is our worst midfielder and down playing his ability won’t wash with me.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Pogba is a brilliant passer, undeniable
Work rate? Inconsistent
Tackling? Not great
Shooting? Inconsistent
Heading? Inconsistent
Injuries? Becoming more common as he ages

to me, Pogba will be great in the right team, in the right league. That’s not us and it’s not the PL. he slows the game down too much, gets caught in possession often which usually results in him lunging to try and win it back. Further the team looks unbalanced when he and Bruno play together.

he’s had a contract offer on the table for a year and hasn’t signed. That’s clear that staying isn't his first choice. We should withdraw the offer now and build without him. Good luck to him wherever he goes but it just didn’t work at United.

I'm a beautiful thing

Work rate? Inconsistent
Tackling? Not great
Shooting? Inconsistent
Heading? Inconsistent

to me, Pogba will be great in the right team, in the right league. That’s not us and it’s not the PL. he slows the game down too much, gets caught in possession often which usually results in him lunging to try and win it back. Further the team looks unbalanced when he and Bruno play together.

he’s had a contract offer on the table for a year and hasn’t signed. That’s clear that staying isn't his first choice. We should withdraw the offer now and build without him. Good luck to him wherever he goes but it just didn’t work at United.
Sums it up very well, injury prone 29 year old, 400,000 a week, no thanks

Luke1995

The biggest issue with Pogba is that he spends at least half the season injured these days. I have no doubt ETH could probably make use of him in some way or form but he’s become way too injury prone. No point having a player around who is missing half the time.
That's true... but I mean, we are a club that still got Jones and Mata on the books. Keeping Pogba wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

All i'm saying is that if he stays we have no choice but to hope it will work out. Negativity won't help anyone.

There has been talk that he will leave every season since he came back, but nothing has ever came out of it...

Luke1995

No we don't, delusion helps no one.

If Pogba stays and ETH has to shoehorn him into his plans then his United tenure is over before it began.

Need a few more rounds of feck off Pogba tomorrow to remind the board he's not going to get support if he stays.
Fair enough, but if he goes, they must get someone better in the market.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Work rate? Inconsistent
Tackling? Not great
Shooting? Inconsistent
Heading? Inconsistent

Pretty much spot on.

Cole9

Loud "Feck off, Pogba" chants tonight to quietly hint that he's not wanted here.
Firstly, doing this to one of our own players would be shameful. Also, not quite sure how chanting feck off would be a quiet hint.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Firstly, doing this to one of our own players would be shameful. Also, not quite sure how chanting feck off would be a quiet hint.
It's been done already against Norwich. No harm doing it again.

This holier than thou horseshit does make me laugh. He's shit, on an obscene amount of money and has no love for United but people still go all Helen Lovejoy when people want that kind of rubbish gone from the club.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Horrible fan
Fanboying for a player who effectively deserted the team during some of most humiliating defeats ever endured by the club. Sent off at Old Trafford against Liverpool after 10 minutes, skulked off after 5 at Anfield.

You're the horrible fan. The bewitching hold Pogba has over some people wrecks my fecking head.

Cole9

It's been done already against Norwich. No harm doing it again.

This holier than thou horseshit does make me laugh. He's shit, on an obscene amount of money and has no love for United but people still go all Helen Lovejoy when people want that kind of rubbish gone from the club.
There's a big difference between wanting a player to leave and the crowd chanting "feck off Pogba" at him.

I agree that he's been shite for us and should leave, but we should show a bit more class than directly booing an individual player.

Having said that, I don't have any problem with the fans booing the whole team at the end of a shite result, which we've had plenty of this season.

Stadjer

Fanboying for a player who effectively deserted the team during some of most humiliating defeats ever endured by the club. Sent off at Old Trafford against Liverpool after 10 minutes, skulked off after 5 at Anfield.

You're the horrible fan. The bewitching hold Pogba has over some people wrecks my fecking head.
Calling somoene a fanboy because he doesnt agree with chanting ''feck off Pogba'' :houllier:

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
He has been used in multiple positions at United and been accommodated a lot. He has also never shown he is world class over a season anywhere
He was the 3rd best midfielder at Juve as well in a poor league back then when Juve dominated. To be fair he had Vidal and Pirlo to contend with but even still.

hobbers

If chanting feck off Pogba in the end saves us £70m on his contract.... greater good.

At the end of the day the club can only afford to offer these disgusting contract hikes because of the fans.

Infra-red

Loud "Feck off, Pogba" chants tonight to quietly hint that he's not wanted here.
I'm sure he's already aware that he's not wanted, so I don't think this is necessary.

He's been pushing for a move out of the club for 2.5 years - he's not suddenly going to decide to stay now that he can actually leave on a free. There's no need to force him out when he's already running for the exit door anyway.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
If he does leave I hope he goes to La Liga. He could be a great player for Real Madrid.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If there are no other offers out there and the contract offer from United is still on the table then he'll sign. Fresh start with Ten Hag..........

Doesn't bear thinking about.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Wonder how his agents death will effect things? Obviously the agents company was counting on a large signing on % fee.

roseguy64

I'm a Pogba fanboy because I don't agree with shouting abuse at a human being who's not committed an illegal or immoral act? Damn.

Blindpew

Wonder how his agents death will effect things? Obviously the agents company was counting on a large signing on % fee.
I wondered this. Will there still be the outrageous fees involved for all the players affected? Haaland, Pogba ….