Pogba's contract offer

antsmithmk

Hates women.
I wondered this. Will there still be the outrageous fees involved for all the players affected? Haaland, Pogba ….
I'm guessing that the agent business will be part of the estate and that players are under contract to the agency rather than to the person. I would guess that with figures flying around like these agents have that it should be cut and dried as to what happens if the main man dies and who takes over etc.

jackal&hyde

You're right. We shouldn't be singling out one player.
There's a big difference from not wanting a player, disliking him and then abusing and even racially abusing him like he was a few times. A few idiots in our fanbase seem to have created this symbol of hate out of Pogba. I'm not an expert but it feels like some sort of mental health issues.

mctrials23

There's a big difference from not wanting a player, disliking him and then abusing and even racially abusing him like he was a few times. A few idiots in our fanbase seem to have created this symbol of hate out of Pogba. I'm not an expert but it feels like some sort of mental health issues.
Quite a lot of our fans earn very little and put quite a lot of what little disposable income they have towards supporting their team. When they see a player getting paid north of £200k/week who isn't putting in even close to a shift on the pitch they are very much within their rights to give him some grief IMO. Racial abuse is never OK but general disapproval is fine.

jackal&hyde

Quite a lot of our fans earn very little and put quite a lot of what little disposable income they have towards supporting their team. When they see a player getting paid north of £200k/week who isn't putting in even close to a shift on the pitch they are very much within their rights to give him some grief IMO. Racial abuse is never OK but general disapproval is fine.
General disapproval was not what I was talking about.

georgipep

Why does it matter how much the fans earn? If a person earns less they have more right to treat people who earn more like shit?

Member 101269

I wasn’t at yesterday’s match, was pogba doing the honour walk

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I would like to very calmly and respectfully say that I hope I never see Paul Pogba in a united shirt ever again.

I wish him the best at whichever club he plays for next.

DevilRed

If the berties take him it will be the downfall of their midfield.

He might look good on youtube and what not, but expecting him to produce the workrate of their current midfield? You're having a laugh. He might do it the odd game or two, or when he first joins, but he will always revert to the mean. If he isn't injured in the process.

I really hope they do pay over the odds for him. It would be the beginning of the end of their dominance.

Rooney24

If the berties take him it will be the downfall of their midfield.

He might look good on youtube and what not, but expecting him to produce the workrate of their current midfield? You're having a laugh. He might do it the odd game or two, or when he first joins, but he will always revert to the mean. If he isn't injured in the process.

I really hope they do pay over the odds for him. It would be the beginning of the end of their dominance.
fully agree. I’m actively hoping he goes there. At the end though I just want him gone. Don’t care where.

Oldtraffordboy

Think city are just putting this out to get us to spend silly money on a new contract and further delay our squad rebuild.

Like Ronaldo all over again

Plassryss

i think pogba is greedy and trying to pull a Ronaldo. No way city is after him

DSG

If true, I’d be delighted. Pogba taking down city from the inside!! Massive wages to a player that is constantly injured, has a low work rate, and makes terrible mistakes on a consistent basis.

Dr Foo

He will be the chosen one to bring balance to the force, by ultimately destroying their engine room hopefully.

But on a serious note, would be quite impressive if Pep could turn his mindset around and utilise him fully

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Newcastle or City are the only ones who could afford to give him the 4/500m per week he wants. Good luck to him steal that living off one of the plastic clubs.

The Bloody-Nine

I remember arguing with some extremely naive posters who had deluded themselves into believing Raiola had gone rogue and Pogba didn't actually want to leave. Still funny.

clarkydaz

Anyone know the date his contract expires? Literally want to tick the days off till he has gone

GoldanoGraham

It’s going to be painful listening to all the excuses and shite that he comes out with once he’s gone….

Blood Mage

We simply can't have him on our wage book anymore and it's not a good sign for our supposed restructure that we apparently haven't told him to get fecked.

NewYorkRed

Think he’s off to Madrid or PSG. Juve would make no sense. Madrid could use him in an aging midfield, think he’d do really well in Laliga too.

We won’t miss the version of PP we consistently got.

Paul778

has the club confirmed that the offer is still there? They might say it is, but i very much doubt that Pogba is in possession of a contract which Man Utd have presigned their bit.

If Pogba was to come back and say "lets deal" it would still need to be signed off by half a dozen people including ETH.

romufc

has the club confirmed that the offer is still there? They might say it is, but i very much doubt that Pogba is in possession of a contract which Man Utd have presigned their bit.

If Pogba was to come back and say "lets deal" it would still need to be signed off by half a dozen people including ETH.
I think its the same offer that they tabled in July. Not sure how it works in the sense that if Pogba gets no other offers, does he sing the one on the table or negotiation?

If Pogba says lets deal, we should offer new terms on lower wages.

Moriarty

You have to assume that's exactly what they're hoping for, wouldn't they have withdrawn the offer by now if that wasn't case?
Yes, that's what I thought too. I don't know if Raiola's death will alter things but I imagine the club are reluctant to let Pogba walk away for free, or walk away at all.

GoldanoGraham

Think he’s off to Madrid or PSG. Juve would make no sense. Madrid could use him in an aging midfield, think he’d do really well in Laliga too.

We won’t miss the version of PP we consistently got.
Not convinced he won’t be another Hazard - Real will be very wary of making that mistake again…..he is consistently injured and misses masses of games.

Think only PSG will offer what he is looking for - don’t think that they will have learnt from signing Ramos last year and money seems no object anyway.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I remember arguing with some extremely naive posters who had deluded themselves into believing Raiola had gone rogue and Pogba didn't actually want to leave. Still funny.
:lol:

You need to remember that there are many deluded young teenage fans who haven't experienced much in life.
I remember back in the day when I was arguing that Greizzeman would not be joining us after he snubbed us. They swore blind that he would sign a few months later and they seemed to be getting angry at me for stating that he won't be joining us.
Sometimes I do feel like the bearer of bad news, but the young fans, in particular, need to understand that for most players, our club is not the best place to be.

If I were Pogba, I'd move to a club who are already winning trophies and can use him as a luxury player.

vlad93

I think Ten Hag should have input if we keep Pogba. Not the glazes anyway. I think use his wages to upgrade the entire squad. We have the u18 cup and Garnaucho is a speedster. I call him Flash.

GoldanoGraham

Looks like he is off for a serious challenge in Ligue Une with PSG then - obviously offering him the biggest pay check - will suit him there as well as no real requirement for discipline, their stars seem to swan off around the world all the time and he is guaranteed some silverware.

jackal&hyde

If he went to Madrid I'd understand, but if it's PSG, he'll be down there with Neymar as quality players that could not handle the pressure of a big club and went to easy street for a big pay check.