Pogba's contract offer

90 + 5min

I think its the same offer that they tabled in July. Not sure how it works in the sense that if Pogba gets no other offers, does he sing the one on the table or negotiation?

If Pogba says lets deal, we should offer new terms on lower wages.
We should never give him any contract even if it was playing for free.

MayfieldsFinest

I was such a fan of this fella when he was in the youth team and you have to say he is undoubtedly talented. It says a lot about him however that most United fans I know are worried that he might stay.

Red4Life_#7

You are correct that we won't get any transfer monies back on him when he leaves in June......however, commercially for the club, I am sure it is not seen like this. Directly and more importantly, indirectly, Pogba will have had a significant commerical earning value that will have been attributed to him over the last 5 years.

From a pure footballing view - he has been a costly disappointment, however, through our owers and commercial department's eyes, they will have seen it differently. It's exactly the same again with Ronaldo.

As fans, we are looking at performance - passes, goals, effort, and commitment from our players as metrics to measure them on.......elsewhere in the club they are looking for Likes, tweets, advertising, merchandising, and sponsorship as priority metrics.

If you wonder why we gave Bruno a new contract now? It certainly wasn't because of the fan's metrics! A bit of security commercially.

If Ronaldo also leaves with Pogba this summer then our commercial department will require a new shiny toy for next season.......
You are speaking a lot of sense, thank you for writing this!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
If he went to Madrid I'd understand, but if it's PSG, he'll be down there with Neymar as quality players that could not handle the pressure of a big club and went to easy street for a big pay check.
That would suit Pogba down to a tee.
He is a lazy footballer and would be happy to earn big bucks without having to extend himself.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I was such a fan of this fella when he was in the youth team and you have to say he is undoubtedly talented. It says a lot about him however that most United fans I know are worried that he might stay.
Yep.
His wage bill is high and the output we get from him is extremely low.
Most of the time he is injured and when he is fit, he rarely plays well. Even now, he is injured.
Without going into deep analysis, I'd say on average he has about 1 good game in 10, which is shocking.

OleGunnar20

agree with everything Jamie has said here.

Basically has he gone yet?
He doesn't half talk sense Carragher. Mad how people still bang on about Pogbas 'Undeniable Quality'. What does potential matter at his age?

90 + 5min

Pair of dopes. Carragher says he doesn't work hard enough and they both shout France at him. Ffs :lol:
Because people think that France depend on Pogba. They won last cup because of Mbappe and Griezmann. Pogba was passenger. I don't understand how so called "experts" don't see that he is average player. At best.

Carragher is right in lot of things there.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Carragher is just a different tier of pundit to those 2.
Redknapp especially is an absolute gobshite and always has been. How the feck he's been on TV so long when his only qualification is "looks good in a suit" is completely beyond me.

Djemba-Djemba

If he went to Madrid I'd understand, but if it's PSG, he'll be down there with Neymar as quality players that could not handle the pressure of a big club and went to easy street for a big pay check.
Madrid would be way too demanding for Pogba. Their fans expect excellence and if you drop below that for even a game or two you're getting booed, he'd be eaten alive at Madrid.

PSG is much more his sort of thing. He can do all his stupid party tricks and jog through most games as PSG are so comfortably dominant. It's the perfect place to go for an injury prone lazy sod like him.

jackal&hyde

Madrid would be way too demanding for Pogba. Their fans expect excellence and if you drop below that for even a game or two you're getting booed, he'd be eaten alive at Madrid.

PSG is much more his sort of thing. He can do all his stupid party tricks and jog through most games as PSG are so comfortably dominant. It's the perfect place to go for an injury prone lazy sod like him.
Yeah, I agree.

NoPace

Because people think that France depend on Pogba. They won last cup because of Mbappe and Griezmann. Pogba was passenger. I don't understand how so called "experts" don't see that he is average player. At best.

Carragher is right in lot of things there.
Nah, they didn't have anybody else to play Mbappe in behind other than Pogba. They don't really have a ton of creative CMs in France at the moment and less in 2018. Tolisso would have had to have produced the best month of his career.

But. yeah, City should steer clear.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't have much choice. After how things have gone the last two years I don't think Real, Barca or Atletico will offer him a contract, nor will Bayern or any of the English clubs. That only leaves the Italian league (which will come with a significant wage decrease and less chance in Europe) or PSG.

pado12

He doesn't half talk sense Carragher. Mad how people still bang on about Pogbas 'Undeniable Quality'. What does potential matter at his age?
Have to agree - not sure why City would go for him they are past doing things to antagonise us. It did not work out at United for whatever reason, the club being in constant crisis did not help nor did his frequent injuries but he never seemed to player to grab the opportunity by the scruff of the neck. It would appear now his options are limited and likely will include a substantial pay cut, although will likely be offset by a fat signing on fee. While I bear him no ill will, I hope he does not remain at United, we need a clear break from the recent past and another bumper pay day to an underperforming player does not send the correct signal. Frankly we have all expended enough energy on him and I wish him well (unless he goes to City), but off!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Redknapp especially is an absolute gobshite and always has been. How the feck he's been on TV so long when his only qualification is "looks good in a suit" is completely beyond me.
Played for a big team, and the ladies love him.

Puts him streets ahead of Jenas!

redmanx

Exactly. Man I hope he goes there and wastes away losing in the C league quarters yearly.
I just read an article claiming Pogba wants to talk about his future with ETH......obviously this is because no other club is prepared to pay him what we do.....I hope to God this report is wrong, Pogbas had his chances, and plenty of them, under 3 different managers and has failed to perform; ETH should tell him to sling his hook. In the name of The Holy Trinity (Law, Best & Charlton) just leave, Pogba....just GO!

Blood Mage

No club is going to offer him a silly contract given his age and injury record and I think this is just dawning on him. I reckon he would be quite keen on staying and it will have to be the club that tells him to feck off.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If he were to stay the problem is whether he'd be a disruptive influence on dressing room. Even if United some how paid him less and he was a squad player he could still affect the mentality of the team.

Many of United's spice boy generation need to go.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If he were to stay the problem is whether he'd be a disruptive influence on dressing room. Even if United some how paid him less and he was a squad player he could still affect the mentality of the team.

Many of United's spice boy generation need to go.
Why would he be a disruptive influence in the dressing room?

hobbers

Hopefully he really really ends up regretting not signing the absurd contract we offered him last summer.

Could have been lumbered with him for another 4 years on 350k a week.

roseguy64

Hopefully he really really ends up regretting not signing the absurd contract we offered him last summer.

Could have been lumbered with him for another 4 years on 350k a week.
Reliable reports have said we've not offered him an increase? If there is it's probably just bonuses based on achievements/appearances/etc.

I'm a beautiful thing

France is always bought up by the likes of Redknapp, (who I think is a terrible pundit) but it's only a few games he plays needs to play well in, he just isn't capable of doing it over a long hard 38 game prem season.
It didn't work out and I wish him all the best but its time for club and player to move on

Last edited:

RoyH1

I hope we don't offer him a contract. The money is better spent on a young and hungry player

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Why would he be a disruptive influence in the dressing room?
Maybe not on the dressing room per se, but certainly the culture of the club if we're going to refresh the squad and have committed players working hard. He's also undermined one manager directly on quite a few occasions and he had his agent talking shite on the eve of major matches (which is 100% on the player in my view).

That aside, I'd be amazed if we're still open to tie him down to a huge contract when we've just upgraded Bruno needlessly and are looking to sign de Jong plus a DM.

Jonesno.8

Pogba is a poison the club need to get rid off. He's been one of the worst performers at the club the last few years and then you get the....... he does this for France nonsense. He isn't great for France, watch the World Cup final, an average performance covered over by a goal. Christ he has Kante to do all his work. Lad is the person I hate most at Utd, honestly hope he feck off. Absolute waster that fella. Poison

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I hope we don't offer him a contract. The money is better spent on a young and hungry player
Without any doubt.
We have to move back to a model where these sort of wages only go on players who are the best in the league and perform every week..