Pogba's contract offer

Dante

Average bang
This thread should be locked.

Pogba is leaving United. The matter of his contract will be between him and some other club that's not United.

The thread in the Transfer Forum should suffice.

Blood Mage

He's lucky to be a part of a great international team because his club career has been a joke. All the best Paul, thanks for wasting everyone's time including your own.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Why should he owe the club anything at all? If he doesn't want to stay why would he jeopardise that by signing a new contract just so the club can get some wedges for him.

Fans have treated him like shit the second he arrived, despite being one of our best players by a country mile, think he'd be glad to see the back of the supporters more than the club.

Look at how he's treated on here.

We've let him down by the way the fans have treated him, it's disgusting.
He’s the best on paper but in reality he’s been pretty poor for United over the last 5 years. On paper he looks great but his performances have been anything but. He’s flopped at United and we paid 90m for this guy. He’s shown a complete lack of respect to this football club many times over during his stint. He was one of my favourite players and I spent £100 on his shirt. Not at all bothered he wouldn’t renew and now, I feel we can finally move on from the circus he brings. Good riddance.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why should he owe the club anything at all? If he doesn't want to stay why would he jeopardise that by signing a new contract just so the club can get some wedges for him.

Fans have treated him like shit the second he arrived, despite being one of our best players by a country mile, think he'd be glad to see the back of the supporters more than the club.

Look at how he's treated on here.

We've let him down by the way the fans have treated him, it's disgusting.
Agreed

Flexdegea

Have no dislike for him. Seems a good lad, but disappointing how it turned out, feels like he their at the level he should be mostly average performances.

Very frustrating for us.

Tap

We never got anywhere close to having any top class midfielders with him to play alongside. He's not worked out though.
Isn’t he supposed to be one himself? With pogba, the excuses for him are endless. It’s always him not being played with the ”correct” formation, tactics and players.

marktan

Thinking about this, I think Juve might be a bad fit for Pogba. They play stale, slow football with no pace out wide, not too dissimilar to United under a lot of Pogba's time here. Having Vlahovic up front as an outlet will help, but they don't really have any good wide players.

That said a Rabiot + Zakaria midfield would provide him a good amount of running and defensive solidity he's not had at United.

I know people say PSG don't need another lazy player, but against the best teams what PSG have lacked is a deep passer. Too often Neymar and Messi have to drop too far back, you want them further forward. Especially with Mbappe, he'd feed off of Pogba's through balls all day long. Verrari, Pogba and one of their 10 DMs would be a pretty solid midfield.

* Caveat that they get the United 2017-2020 / France version of Pogba and not the lethargic version we've seen this year.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
when does his contract actually expire so we can close this discussion for good. He's been a waste of time and money. He might shine elsewhere but turns out (no real surprise here) SAF was right about him all along

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
when does his contract actually expire so we can close this discussion for good. He's been a waste of time and money. He might shine elsewhere but turns out (no real surprise here) SAF was right about him all along
Today I believe as it's the last day of the season. Isn't that how most contracts work?

MUW4Eva

Can anyone help to de-confuse me please, if anyone wanted to sign Pogba this summer, who would they be negotiating with, seeing as his former agent died recently??

Would there be no agent fee involved, or has he got a different agent now, if so, does anyone know who it is??

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Can anyone help to de-confuse me please, if anyone wanted to sign Pogba this summer, who would they be negotiating with, seeing as his former agent died recently??

Would there be no agent fee involved, or has he got a different agent now, if so, does anyone know who it is??
He can do it however he wants, himself, his mum, a lawyer, an other agent and from meory Raiola wasn't working alone nowadays.

MUW4Eva

It can do it however he wants, himself, his mum, a lawyer, an other agent and from meory Raiola wasn't working alone nowadays.
Of course he can do however he wants, however he seemed to be heavily linked with Raiola, especially contract negotiations, so I was just wondering who is doing all of that now for him, that was all.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Of course he can do however he wants, however he seemed to be heavily linked with Raiola, especially contract negotiations, so I was just wondering who is doing all of that now for him, that was all.
Good question. I can see that Mino Raiola (RIP) was not a one man band indeed: he has left the boutique to his lawyer partner Rafaela Pimenta (now acting as the boutique leader) and to his own cousin Enzo Raiola (who is the players’ main contact). Of course, we can expect a sizeable shake-up because Mino’s personality was the main driver, yet Pogba, De Ligt and all the players are not without representation for sure.

EDIT: Juve is indeed negotiating with Pimenta for Pogba, De Ligt, Kean and Pellegrini. She was in Turin last Monday.

MUW4Eva

Good question. I can see that Mino Raiola (RIP) was not a one man band indeed: he has left the boutique to his lawyer partner Rafaela Pimenta (now acting as the boutique leader) and to his own cousin Enzo Raiola (who is the players’ main contact). Of course, we can expect a sizeable shake-up because Mino’s personality was the main driver, yet Pogba, De Ligt and all the players are not without representation for sure.

EDIT: Juve is indeed negotiating with Pimenta for Pogba, De Ligt, Kean and Pellegrini. She was in Turin last Monday.
Ahh many thanks for all of this, it just seems to have not been reported all that much, about Rafaela Pimenta, and the change of agents for his now former clients.

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
PSG were in for him but he wanted Juve. Also how is 29 reaching his peak? By every measure he's at the end of peak age, and his performances have visibly dropped off from his actual peak too like normal for his age.
Pogba hasn't really put on a lot of miles over the last 6 years. He now has a decade of top level experience and still has his physicality to really excel over the next few years. Over the last decade, a lot of players have reached a world class level in their early twenties, yet they've gone up another level around their late twenties.

Sure, his metrics don't indicate that and I put that on his mentality rather than his legs going away.

Mercurial

Apparently Raiola did the public talking and this lady Lawyer since 17 something year back with him did literally everything of substance, she is now the head of the agency.

Red4Life_#7

He'll still speak with Erik Ten Hag before signing any contracts. He is a talented player, but has definitely become injury prone.

SER19

Unsurprisingly none of the very best clubs went hard for him. Back to a serie a team in transition

cletus7

What a pointless transfer. I though he would at least go to Madrid or PSG. Just shows you how muddled his head is.

babablue

For the price that Juve was going to pay him, I honestly won't mind him staying, provided we still strengthen midfield. He can be useful as part of a rotation.

Kellyiom

I think he probably has enough offers actually. The PSG thing would be understandable if they get Zidane, but apart from that, I see him back at Juventus where he showed he can be a star, in the right setup. His wages though, safe for PSG, will probably be lower then what we offered him. He is an incredible talent but also has major downsides. A team must build their mid to support his lack of tactical awareness and discipline or else he becomes a liability.

I don't think I can remember another CM that can be as polarizing in performances based on the team structure as Pogba. Maybe Zidane if he played today in a mid 3 would be similar but at least Zidane had that "hard" nature about him while Pogba is a bit of a softy when things don't go his way.

All in all, a luxury type player that would have probably been fantastic if we had a prime Matic and a prime nr. 8 working hard to create the platform for the flair player that he is. Just another example of how poor this team was build under the Woodward era.
I wonder if it will go as well as both parties expect?

You know the sort of thing where it's best if you never go back trying to recapture a period of time from years ago.

He's changed, the League's changed and Juve has changed. Either way I'm glad he's gone, I'm actually starting to feel genuine optimism with the extent of changes that's happened.

Total outsider as interim manager, no club legends. Board level changes to refocus our core business - playing football!
Starting to see the club applying an overall strategy or philosophy to how it should play football instead of it being entirely on the whim of the current manager.

Bring it on!

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
For the price that Juve was going to pay him, I honestly won't mind him staying, provided we still strengthen midfield. He can be useful as part of a rotation.
No. Just no. His attitude and ego is reason enough to get rid

Pughnichi

He played there before. He would be the star and at the center of their rebuild project with Chiesa, Vlahovic... Ambition and less pressure. It makes sense.
He’s already returned to a club for unfinished business. That didn’t turn out too well.

MUFC OK

Wish him the best. Some of the stick he got from certain swathes our fans made me ashamed to support us at times. It felt like it had sinister undertones.