Pogba's says his future is at United and has many years on contract

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
For those who think the press have been telling fibs about his relationship with Jose:

Earlier reports suggested the former Juventus man’s relationship with his manager, Jose Mourinho was strained. Asked about his relationship with the Portuguese tactician, he stressed: “We have a pure coach-player relationship, that’s right.”

“One thing I can assure you: I will always give 100 percent, no matter who the coach is, I always give everything for United, I cannot say more.”
Thats a pretty diplomatic way of answering ey

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Well, he said "we'll see what happens in a few months" so he's basically gone.

"I will always give 100%"

It's a question of when you will, Paul...
By his own admission that wasn't the case at Brighton! :lol:

Honestly the whole thing is a joke to me now. If he was playing his absolute best week in week out I'd be more worried about him leaving. That isn't what we're getting though is it?

Apokalips

He's a brilliant player and he has been pretty good for us but if him leaving means the circus goes with him, then so be it. We can't be having the team dragged through the newspapers every week because he wants to be the centre of attention.
The circus won't be gone, because Jose is still here and we're Manchester United.

We were protected by the Godfather Fergie, who kept winning to shut people up. Now we are a wounded animal that the press keep prodding, there's always a different target whether it's Pogba, Martial, Shaw, Mourinho, lack of playing time for Rashford, Mourinho comments on xyz... Etc.

Cassidy

The circus won't be gone, because Jose is still here and we're Manchester United.

We were protected by the Godfather Fergie, who kept winning to shut people up. Now we are a wounded animal that the press keep prodding, there's always a different target whether it's Pogba, Martial, Shaw, Mourinho, lack of playing time for Rashford, Mourinho comments on xyz... Etc.
Pretty much

AR87

Honestly think Pogba being the center of drama is actually ideal for this reason. Everybody is completely focused on him and Jose, so the rest of the squad is out of the crosshairs, which is about as ideal as things could be given our current situation. Lukaku barely caught any criticism for missing sitters, Sanchez barely any for poor performances prior to Burnley, our CBs for their shit show displays against Brighton and Tottenham, etc.

Mind you I'm not saying this situation is ideal, just that given the pressure on the squad this season the scrutiny being focused on Pogba and Jose is kind of a good thing.

Giggsyking

the captain of the team, such a role model. Hope both he and Mourinho gone by next summer.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Meh. He does very valuable things in terms of being able to carry the ball forward. But he's never been consistently great for us. In fact you can probably count his great games on one or two hands.

As long as we get a good (£125m+) fee for him I wouldn't be devastated if he left.

The question is how we would replace him. Which player(s) would you get? SMS is the easy answer as he's similar. But I'm not sold on him.

RuudTom83

Sadly United need to keep him, he isn’t world class on the pitch but he is off the pitch.

Having Paul makes to many millions and even in attracting new players having him helps.

He is the diamond in the rusty crown.

Meh. He does very valuable things in terms of being able to carry the ball forward. But he's never been consistently great for us. In fact you can probably count his great games on one or two hands.

As long as we get a good (£125m+) fee for him I wouldn't be devastated if he left.

The question is how we would replace him. Which player(s) would you get? SMS is the easy answer as he's similar. But I'm not sold on him.
There's two options as far as I can see? Go back to 4-2-3-1 and buy a proper right winger, instead of playing three in midfield to suit Pogba, or go for a true midfield general. Like you I don't think Milinkovic-Savic is the right player. I'd love us to trigger Saul Niguez's release clause.

Sadly United need to keep him, he isn’t world class on the pitch but he is off the pitch.

Having Paul makes to many millions and even in attracting new players having him helps.

He is the diamond in the rusty crown.
The club doesn't need Pogba to make money. Memphis was one of the top three shirt sellers in the world when he played for us, just because he was the Man Utd number 7.

The strength of United as a brand far outstrips any one player. In the past 15 years we've sold Beckham and Ronaldo, two players whose marketability outstrips Pogba's, it has had no impact on United's brand profile. Commercially, Pogba gains more from being a United player than United gain from having Pogba.

cyberman

Close the door behind you Paul when you run off from our club for the second time buddy.
That's a good lad.

whatwha

There's two options as far as I can see? Go back to 4-2-3-1 and buy a proper right winger, instead of playing three in midfield to suit Pogba, or go for a true midfield general. Like you I don't think Milinkovic-Savic is the right player. I'd love us to trigger Saul Niguez's release clause.
I like the sound of a true midfield general. :drool:
Haven't seen much of Saul Niguez though. WhoScored has his major weakness as Concentration: Very Weak. Any idea why?

I like the sound of a true midfield general. :drool:
Haven't seen much of Saul Niguez though. WhoScored has his major weakness as Concentration: Very Weak. Any idea why?
No idea. I've never seen Simeone complain about Saul's concentration and if there's any manager who demands discipline, shape and adherence to a tactical idea its Diego Simeone.

sugar_kane

That horrendous article on ESPN had quotes from the couple he used to live with in Manchester saying how unhappy he was in the end at Juventus. He's basically just a mard arse who wants life to be an endless fecking dab.

Cassidy

If he is sold I'm sure the club would demand a world record fee. I don't think the club would want to sell him though.

Jib

If he is sold I'm sure the club would demand a world record fee. I don't think the club would want to sell him though.
Because nobody will want Pogba for a world record fee.

But for 80, 90 or 100...

whatwha

It would be nonsense to demand over £200m for Pogba. No-one would pay it, and he's not worth that much to us.

Cassidy

It would be nonsense to demand over £200m for Pogba. No-one would pay it, and he's not worth that much to us.
If the transfer market should have taught you anything its that don't be so sure about such comments.

gica_7

Jose has done disasterous job last year to handle this situation. What Pogba has been doing ever since that Leicester game managed to make Jose look better. We get it, you are upset. But just shut up and stop making an already messy situation worse ffs.

It is incredible how this club turned out to be a club of divas. I just hate to see this.

Fracture90

Because nobody will want Pogba for a world record fee.

But for 80, 90 or 100...
In case it comes to him being sold, that's the price we should be asking.

There's no logic to us adjusting to the other club's evaluation of our player who's got another 4 year on his contract.

TrueRed79

He's a proper shit and i will be glad to see the back of him. One week he's good, the next alright and then he's dreadful. For all that money we paid for him, and pay him each year, he's not worth the hassle. Plus his agent is a massive twat and will eventually get him a new club. Theres just no way Pogba is here long-term.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If he ends up being sold because he wants out I don't see us just look to break even. Other clubs might not spend 150-200m on him but we would probably be better off exchanging him for quality.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Gonna be death by a thousand cuts with this prick.

First week he comes out with the he'll be "fined" talk after Mourinho said everything he possibly could to please him. Then we have his "attitude" problems as captain against Brighton. Then his agent more or less telling the club to sell him on Twitter, no way he did that without Pogba's approval and now he's off bitching again on international duty. This is all by the start of September.

Feck him off in January. We'll be better off without the Paul Pogba sideshow.

whatwha

In case it comes to him being sold, that's the price we should be asking.

There's no logic to us adjusting to the other club's evaluation of our player who's got another 4 year on his contract.
Depends on whether you think we could be doing better on the pitch by striking a deal at a point which is acceptable to both clubs and bringing in a couple of great midfielders. Might improve our squad.

Mcking

Ah it's sad we can't keep the actual top class player we have happy. We have to keep him at all costs. We won't get a better midfielder tbh.

Dumbat12

Ah it's sad we can't keep the actual top class player we have happy. We have to keep him at all costs. We won't get a better midfielder tbh.
He has done nothing to deserve that accolade. We can get better, maybe not in talent, but his performances would be miles better than what Pogba has shown us. Right now Pogba isn't even in top 10 midfielders (if we exclude his name) and he gets that kind of money that the best midfielder in the world should get.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not sure he does "always give 100%". We'll probably get rid next summer, receive a huge fee. Question is who could we possibly get to replace him?

Fracture90

Depends on whether you think we could be doing better on the pitch by striking a deal at a point which is acceptable to both clubs and bringing in a couple of great midfielders. Might improve our squad.
That's an option as well but as I said under no circumstances should we be looking to adjust our price to other club's evaluation.

James Peril

Let's be honest, he has been appalling. Needs to find 4 new gears very soon.
Appalling? Really? The guy that got 19 goals points last season in just over 2000 minutes, almost a point pr. game even though it's not his main job? United ended 2nd ahead of Spurs and Liverpool, his average point tally was better than Eriksen, Mane, Hazard, Firmino et al. Without Pogba, there is no way we finish ahead of those teams last season. Learn how to rate players objectively, learn new adjectives - there is actually something between total crap and totally awesome that can be used when describing players. The guys just won the World Cup, scored in the final (just like he did when we won the Europa League) - he's not the one being appalling.