Pogba's says his future is at United and has many years on contract

yamo123x

money motivated, arrogant, no bottle, occasionally brilliant -- but he is contracted to us. We hold the cards. 200mill and he is yours. , the money on young hungry talent like maguire, de ligt, ceballos and ndombele. Build a new team and go again

Member 5225

Close the door behind you Paul when you run off from our club for the second time buddy.
That's a good lad.
This!
Winds me up like crazy (pendulum swung for me today, after these quote)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hes not a patch on the actual best midfielders in the world. What you want out of your midfielders is consistency, and he is the furthest thing from that. Will be happy when we sell him (and sack Mourinho). Just start from scratch and focus on actual football.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Appalling? Really? The guy that got 19 goals points last season in just over 2000 minutes, almost a point pr. game even though it's not his main job? United ended 2nd ahead of Spurs and Liverpool, his average point tally was better than Eriksen, Mane, Hazard, Firmino et al. Without Pogba, there is no way we finish ahead of those teams last season. Learn how to rate players objectively, learn new adjectives - there is actually something between total crap and totally awesome that can be used when describing players. The guys just won the World Cup, scored in the final (just like he did when we won the Europa League) - he's not the one being appalling.
Can't we discuss/opine without implying that the person we are replying to is appalling or whatever :lol:

Slevs

likes to play with penises
money motivated, arrogant, no bottle, occasionally brilliant -- but he is contracted to us. We hold the cards. 200mill and he is yours. , the money on young hungry talent like maguire, de ligt, ceballos and ndombele. Build a new team and go again
Pogba in a nutshell. God, I hate him.

Ban

What an arsehole.
Wish he could stop with those I love the fans the club and give 100 percent. It sounds hollow and incredibly hypocrite. We get it Paul you want to be in centre of attention all the time.. But don't try to fool us you care.. He's a big child basically.
If he really cared and gave 100 percent he would stop with this nonsense and really give 100 percent on the pitch every time.

Zoo

Fool. He had the right to respond from a position of strength after the World Cup but should have just left it from then on.

Sadly it’s probably his agent pulling the strings here.

Red00012

He's a brilliant player and he has been pretty good for us but if him leaving means the circus goes with him, then so be it. We can't be having the team dragged through the newspapers every week because he wants to be the centre of attention.
Not sure what games you’ve been watching but he hasnt been pretty good for us. For what we paid for him and given how much potential he has he’s been bang average.

Crashoutcassius

Appalling? Really? The guy that got 19 goals points last season in just over 2000 minutes, almost a point pr. game even though it's not his main job? United ended 2nd ahead of Spurs and Liverpool, his average point tally was better than Eriksen, Mane, Hazard, Firmino et al. Without Pogba, there is no way we finish ahead of those teams last season. Learn how to rate players objectively, learn new adjectives - there is actually something between total crap and totally awesome that can be used when describing players. The guys just won the World Cup, scored in the final (just like he did when we won the Europa League) - he's not the one being appalling.
Yeah haha been appalling, giving the ball away huge amounts, putting in very little effort.

Edit. Apologies, I meant this season. This is his season performance thread

Mcking

He has done nothing to deserve that accolade. We can get better, maybe not in talent, but his performances would be miles better than what Pogba has shown us. Right now Pogba isn't even in top 10 midfielders (if we exclude his name) and he gets that kind of money that the best midfielder in the world should get.
You probably wouldn't make that comment if his name is not Pogba and if we didn't sign him for a record fee.
Although he has struggled to live up to expectations but Pogba has been good. Not £89m good, but he's comfortably being one of our best players if not the best since he joined. The issue is that people expect more from him.
He was comfortably one of the top 10 midfielders in the world when we got him and we wouldn't have paid that fee for otherwise.
He's regressed since he joined us - it's been the case with all our signings post Fergie - but he's still argubably our best outfield player. We struggle when he doesn't play. Why do you think we can get a better player despite the fact we have spent tonnes but he's still argubably the best? Which player do you think will do better than him in this team?
Pogba is just a victim of double standards probably because of the name or the fee. The midfielders that you'd say are better than him play in teams that we would struggle to sign them from. Any midfielder we bring in now will be inferior and will probably perform worse than him. We all know he could do better, but the issue goes far beyond the man.

Mcking

Hes not a patch on the actual best midfielders in the world. What you want out of your midfielders is consistency, and he is the furthest thing from that. Will be happy when we sell him (and sack Mourinho). Just start from scratch and focus on actual football.
And the team is not a patch on the team those best midfielders play for. People just want to make Pogba the scapegoat. Unless he 'actively' 100% wishes to leave, if we sell him without much fight, we can as well get rid of all the other players in the team.

shaky

what are 19 goals points? whatever they are, he was still nowhere near as influential as players like Eriksen or Firmino were for their teams. Half our problem for the past couple of years is the fact that we never knew if good Pogba or anonymous Pogba was going to turn up each week. The worst part about this whole saga is having to admit that Souness has been right all along.

Zlatattack

Such a tit, always talking about "who knows what the future holds".

If someone gave us £200 million, i'd snap their hand off. Unfortunately if you spend that money, you then end up paying £250 million for a replacement. If he truly wants out, we should get a replacement in first. Be a shame to see him go, but he loves the attention too much.

Mcking

what are 19 goals points? whatever they are, he was still nowhere near as influential as players like Eriksen or Firmino were for their teams. Half our problem for the past couple of years is the fact that we never knew if good Pogba or anonymous Pogba was going to turn up each week. The worst part about this whole saga is having to admit that Souness has been right all along.
He's just as influential. You just have to go back to the games he was unavailable.
The thing is Eriksen and Firmino etc play in far better drilled teams than ours.

cyberman

I agree.
A lesser player who consistently gives 100 percent would be worth more to us than Paul.
Paul was a name that casuals vaguely knew from Italy, his appeal is vastly overrated on here. He needs us more than we need him.
Paul looks to be comfortable in a dominating side who has the odd great game in CL but his flaws will consistently let him down in the bigger moments at club level.

ash_86

He could have handled the interview in a million fecking ways. He had to sprout that shit ever other week about his future at the club. My hands are itching to drive him to whatever club that offers huge money.

Ban

What is awful he said in a next few months. Not next year. Basically we'll have a circus come January again. Honestly can't wait till we get rid of this prick.

Mcking

I agree.
A lesser player who consistently gives 100 percent would be worth more to us than Paul.
Paul was a name that casuals vaguely knew from Italy, his appeal is vastly overrated on here. He needs us more than we need him.
Paul looks to be comfortable in a dominating side who has the odd great game in CL but his flaws will consistently let him down in the bigger moments at club level.
100% and lesser does not equate to a better job. We have Fellaini, Herrera, Mctominay. If the quality is not there, it's not there. A club as big as us should get him to start performing really well, not get rid. And this post comes across as 'hate' rather than fact.

Not sure what games you’ve been watching but he hasnt been pretty good for us. For what we paid for him and given how much potential he has he’s been bang average.
Of course he has. He can do better, obviously, but he's been a lot more than average for us. People just expect him to win every game on his own.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Of course he has. He can do better, obviously, but he's been a lot more than average for us. People just expect him to win every game on his own.
No they don’t. They just expect him to be fecking reliable. Asking him to put some effort in and try every week after paying £90 million for him isn’t like asking for the moon.

Water Melon

If Jose leaves, I can see Pogba playing in a different role at United. However, I do not see both staying put next season.

Cantonagotmehere

I am huge fan of Pogba, but this type of action kills me. More and more, I will understand if United sell him for a truckload. As someone said above, who replaces him? United are finally getting closer to a top class midfield, I'd hate to take a step back.

el3mel

Can't withstand him. Hating him already now.

Hopfully last season with us. Doesn't matter how much quality he has if he's persisting with such crap circus around and refusing to let it go.

izzydiggler

The thing with Pogba is once you take away his transfer fee, hype and marketing etc, you're left with a player that is either massively overrated or one that has hugely under performed for the past 2 years. I think it's the former and don't see much to suggest that he's "world class" or a "superstar" at all - he has ability and is young but I don't think we'll ever see him realise his potential at United and even if he does realise it, he won't come close to being one of the best players in the league - plus he comes with lots of baggage and seemingly, a constant need for attention that his performances don't even come close to warranting.

I thought he was good in the world cup but certainly not a tournament 'stand out' like some people seem to think. I think we were mugged by Juventus and would sell him in a heart beat if we could recover the same transfer fee, never mind anything over it. When I read £200m quoted, I'm just amazed that anyone could think he's worth that - he has a strong 'Emperor's New Clothes' feel about him.

Rossa

Love the name. Is he any good? Almost as cool as Ndidi.

Berba's_Flick

Epitome of the prima donna that footballers have become these days. Cant wait till he is sold for a world record fee. Maybe the club will have better advisors by then to be able to make the right signings with that money

Mcking

The thing with Pogba is once you take away his transfer fee, hype and marketing etc, you're left with a player that is either massively overrated or one that has hugely under performed for the past 2 years. I think it's the former and don't see much to suggest that he's "world class" or a "superstar" at all - he has ability and is young but I don't think we'll ever see him realise his potential at United and even if he does realise it, he won't come close to being one of the best players in the league - plus he comes with lots of baggage and seemingly, a constant need for attention that his performances don't even come close to warranting.

I thought he was good in the world cup but certainly not a tournament 'stand out' like some people seem to think. I think we were mugged by Juventus and would sell him in a heart beat if we could recover the same transfer fee, never mind anything over it. When I read £200m quoted, I'm just amazed that anyone could think he's worth that - he has a strong 'Emperor's New Clothes' feel about him.
It's the other way round. If you remove the transfer fee, the hype and the marketing, you will get a player that have performed really well for an underperforming team whilst being heavily and unfairly criticised for unrealistic and irrelevant things.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Twice he's came out with this shit after a big win. Disgraceful stuff.

Send him to the U23's. He can give everything and show his leadership there. Like the good old days.

Frank Grimes

This has just confirmed what everyone knows, he wants out. I am not that bothered about him leaving but more concerned that a player who wants out will be taking up a position in our midfield this season. Fred was dropped against Burnley, how is he feeling that a guy who wants out is getting in the team ahead of him?

No they don’t. They just expect him to be fecking reliable. Asking him to put some effort in and try every week after paying £90 million for him isn’t like asking for the moon.
Pogba never performs poorly relative to the rest of the team. When theyre all bad so is he. When the team is functioning well he is good and frequently excellent. People want him to pull out miracles when the team around him has fallen apart. Not even Messi is capable of that.

I agree on his effort levels though. When it's not happening for him he seems to just give up.

Mcking

This has just confirmed what everyone knows, he wants out. I am not that bothered about him leaving but more concerned that a player who wants out will be taking up a position in our midfield this season. Fred was dropped against Burnley, how is he feeling that a guy who wants out is getting in the team ahead of him?
Because he's performing better. No?

Ban

It's the other way round. If you remove the transfer fee, the hype and the marketing, you will get a player that have performed really well for an underperforming team whilst being heavily and unfairly criticised for unrealistic and irrelevant things.
He played well, that's about it. For whatever things he got criticised these bollocks he's spouting now he deserves to be criticize for.

KennyBurner

I remember when my distaste for pogba started. It was right after that Liverpool game where he gave them a penalty and was a total disaster all game. It wasn’t really the penalty that shook me but the way he approached the game thinking he was invincible only to have the ball taking off him by mere and co countless times.

Ever since then nothing has changed. He jogs around so casually sometimes thinking he is iniesta. Says he loves the club but let’s his dog of an agent disrespect us in the media. I don’t know anymore but he can go for 150 and above. United is the biggest club in England and he can’t be making these comments without any consequences.

I blame mourinho for United’s lack of style but one thing you can’t blame him for is pogba. Also one last thing to note is who will he bench at Barcelona?

Ban

Pogba never performs poorly relative to the rest of the team. When theyre all bad so is he. When the team is functioning well he is good and frequently excellent. People want him to pull out miracles when the team around him has fallen apart. Not even Messi is capable of that.

I agree on his effort levels though. When it's not happening for him he seems to just give up.
Well that's it. I don't think many expect him to win games on his own or pull a miracle. His attitude is the main problem imo it seems it's getting worse.

Ban

He just came to the club I don't think he was expecting to play every game all game.